• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
The damned bird was feathered and only slightly smaller than my 12-lb. dog's head, but despite my desperate efforts to pry his jaws open he impossibly managed to gulp the poor thing down.

I was equal parts horrified and furious; I had JUST given him a special treat of wet food with his afternoon meal, not to mention went out and bought him doggie ice cream for the first time today. He gets the best of everything - including my attention - but he turns into a massive fucking prick whenever he gets something dangerous in his mouth, which he tends to do.

I called a vet who said that he'll probably be fine unless the bird was sick with something, so for now he's crated until I can be reasonably sure he won't barf it back up.

I'm still in a sort of shock. Like, damn dude. He's always been trademark stubborn and honestly kind of an ass sometimes, but this is the first time I've considered calling up my ex and letting her have him. He's never been especially sweet or loving; even now he's just kind of sitting in his crate, looking at me with glassy shark eyes. Not sorry. Like, I love him but... just damn, dude...

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Find a big bird to swallow him whole to teach him a lesson.

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

Howdyjacker

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
That's rough bro.

My jack Russell terrier killed a bird then proceeded to bring it in the house as a gift offering.

That's why I NEVER let my dog lick me anywhere near the mouth area.

Never know what they doing bro

OP
OP
Doober

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
That's rough, but you can't really hold it against him. He's a dog, not a person...

Yeah, I know, instinct and prey drive and all that. It's probably made worse by the fact that I accidentally ran into these baby birds while watering a hanging fern that they were nesting in. I thought they had begun to fly though so I have no idea how the hell he got one.

kamakazi5

Oct 28, 2017
1. He's a dog and 2. he's a dachshund. It sucks but instincts are instincts.

Train him to drop stuff and you can avoid some things like this.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i had two generations of dachshunds

they are kinda assholes but they're so cute

they are also overconfident and can easily fuck up their backs

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its not pretty but its what animals are programmed to do, they eat each other to survive.

Cats and dogs are hunters. My grandmother had a dog that grabbed a bird out of midair as it was flying low and killed it, was the craziest shit I ever saw.

Your pup isn't being malicious, its just the way they are sometimes when instinct gets involved.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
yeah dachshunds are hunters

and diggers

giphy.gif
My Dash is always digging at shit and and it's always funny cause he has little baby feet.

One of my old schnauzers killed a bird once but i can't blame her for it, it's a dog, that bird was trifling so it got fucked up.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
You'll be thankful when they fuck up a snake for you. Love my family dachshunds.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Hate it when this happens.

The one time I got home from work and my house was dimly lit, with a few glowing Pentecostal Stars aligned on the wall with some ancient text whilst my dog floated in the centre of the living room. He would not allow me to watch my episodes of It's Always Sunny until I sacrificed him "local ripe virgins from the harvest". Man...the SHIT I had to go through that day...when I fed the goddamn dog all these chopped up limbs he proclaimed himself to be the reincarnation of a daemonic prince named Bahamutt. It hasn't happened since I fed him but the rotting stench refuses to leave and sometimes I hear whispers in the wind saying "Bahamutt".

He also ate a squirrel the one time too. Blood everywhere. Horrible. Nightmare.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
i had two generations of dachshunds

they are kinda assholes but they're so cute

they are also overconfident and can easily fuck up their backs

Yup. When I was a little kid a dachshund killed itself right in front of me by jumping off a trash can. Broke its damn back. Fucked me up for damn near a month.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
My dog killed an ate an entire bunny at the dog park, and again in our backyard. To the victor goes the spoils. It happens.

nFiygP2_d.jpg

She's my goodest girl too