• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
For the life of me I can't figure out what happened.

Last night my display was fine, and this morning, even though it's still at full resolution, on the screen it shows up zoomed in.

If I switch to a lower resolution, then the whole screen is displayed, but if I go back to 1920 x 1080, then it goes back to being zoomed in. This applies even to the motherboard splash screen when you turn on the computer.

I tried a windows restore point, but that didn't fix the issue. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable, but that did nothing as well. Any ideas?

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
TV, monitor?
Graphics? AMD, NVidia? Integrated? Card?
Check the control panel for either geforce or catalyst, and check the scaling tab in there.
All else fails, uninstall graphic drivers and see if that fixes it.
Check the OSD on your monitor if there's scaling turned on or you're on a weird mode. If it's a tv, make sure you don't have scaling on.

Deleted member 24280

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What happens if you hit the "Windows + Esc " keys ?

edit : ho, didnt see it also happen before desktop. No idea then.

OP
OP

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
TV, monitor?
Graphics? AMD, NVidia? Integrated? Card?
Check the control panel for either geforce or catalyst, and check the scaling tab in there.
All else fails, uninstall graphic drivers and see if that fixes it.
Check the OSD on your monitor if there's scaling turned on or you're on a weird mode. If it's a tv, make sure you don't have scaling on.
Thanks - it's a tv, connected via hdmi, nvidia, graphics card. I'll try those things you mentioned shortly. Thanks again!

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I had the same thing happening for a couple weeks. It eventually just fixed itself. Apparently it had something to do with Windows updates.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks - it's a tv, connected via hdmi, nvidia, graphics card. I'll try those things you mentioned shortly. Thanks again!
Sounds like your TV setting got changed. Try different aspect ratios to see if that fixes it. I had an LG tv that I ran my computer through. It would be zoomed in when 16:9 was selected but had an option called "just scan" which corrected it.