• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
My female dog just delivered some babies. It happened out of nowhere. This is my first time to handle this kind of stuff. What should i do?

Also there is another prob, i actually have two dogs. This new mommy dog just had a fight with the other dog. Is it because of hormonal stuff during post pregnancy? For now, i put them in a separate room. I put the mommy dog and her pups in living room, the other one in my private garden house. But how long do i have to separate them? They used to stay in the same room together. Both are female

Philia

Oct 25, 2017
Dude. You didn't know one of them is preggers and the other dog is also female? GET THEM SPAYED ASAP.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
The first dog likely thinks the second dog wants to steal her babies (and that might be true). There's a good chance you'll need to keep them separated until the puppies are weaned.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Not to dogpile (haha) but you all pet owners need to spay or neuter their animals. Now you risk these dogs ending up in bad homes, neglected or euthanized. Unless you plan on keeping them, which in that case congratulations! Now take them to be fixed in 6 months.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The first dog likely thinks the second dog wants to steal her babies (and that might be true). There's a good chance you'll need to keep them separated until the puppies are weaned.
Dogs steal each other's puppies???

Get them spayed bruh, how did this even happen with two female dogs? How private is you garden house, the sire is probably creeping through there ready to knock up the next one lol.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
presentoffensivebonob8nsr1.gif

Bob Barker is disappointed.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Dogs steal each other's puppies???
When I was a kid, we had a cat and a dog. The cat had kittens first and the dog kept stealing the kittens to groom them and such. Then the dog had puppies, and we were worried the cat might try to do something to the puppies so we couldn't give the kittens away. Then the cat had kittens again from one of the kittens.

Thank god the puppies were both girls.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
First Shame on you OP should have taken pictures! Second you'll probably have to keep the other dog away for a few weeks. Third get the other dog spayed on the double someone is sneaking in (or they are sneaking out) to get laid Unless you want to become a doggo empire.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My female dog just delivered some babies. It happened out of nowhere. This is my first time to handle this kind of stuff. What should i do?

Also there is another prob, i actually have two dogs. This new mommy dog just had a fight with the other dog. Is it because of hormonal stuff during post pregnancy? For now, i put them in a separate room. I put the mommy dog and her pups in living room, the other one in my private garden house. But how long do i have to separate them? They used to stay in the same room together. Both are female
In doggy world, the moms raise the kids solo at the start. They will chase off a daddy dog. Don't fight this.

And get your dogs fixed.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First Shame on you OP should have taken pictures! Second you'll probably have to keep the other dog away for a few weeks. Third get the other dog spayed on the double someone is sneaking in (or they are sneaking out) to get laid Unless you want to become a doggo empire.
Who doesn't? I want a corgi empire.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean by, "happened out of nowhere?" Did you not know your dog was pregnant or did you know and wasn't expecting the pups for a little longer? Also, there's not much you can do except stay the fuck outta da way.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
When I was a kid, we had a cat and a dog. The cat had kittens first and the dog kept stealing the kittens to groom them and such. Then the dog had puppies, and we were worried the cat might try to do something to the puppies so we couldn't give the kittens away. Then the cat had kittens again from one of the kittens.
Oh God

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I think you should call a veterinarian.
Yeah this. They can ask for signs of problems with mamadog and the pups and give some general advice.

Also google everything about puppy/mother care and such. She'll probably need to eat another kind of food to be able to provide milk and still be healthy herself. Puppy food is usually a good idea for the mother during this time but I am no breeder (partly because it is effing dangerous) so don't take my word for it.

Then of course get the dogs fixed as soon as possible since you obviously can't keep them from this sort of thing.

I really hope everything goes well. There are so many things that can go wrong. People don't realise that they can lose their dog if this happens, from things like eclampsia (google it) or puppies that get stuck and so on. The risk isn't over because (it seems) the puppies were delivered without problems.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine you should call your veterinarian ASAP and follow their orders. I imagine they'll want to take a look at momma and the pups soon.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Thank god the puppies were both girls.
This post started out heartwarming and delved very quickly into what the fuck.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It should be bannable to talk about your pets without pics of them.

Last edited:

thegreyfox

Oct 25, 2017
The first eight weeks are really important for the puppies.

https://leparvet.net/new-clients/client-handouts/
Scroll down to the breeding section. Read all the sections

https://www.dunbaracademy.com/courses/dog-breeder-program
Follow this a best you can.

video 0-12 days development : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaDHWvx_7mY
video 13-20 days development : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_lqj7Tgs34
video 21-49 days development : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM5WVlXF0dQ
video 4-16 weeks development: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSrUNmCk8Z8

OP
OP
Riversands

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I read all your comments. Thanks. For now i have them separated, i hope it wont be permanent though

Dude. You didn't know one of them is preggers and the other dog is also female? GET THEM SPAYED ASAP.

We dont have male dogs, so i dont know how she got pregnant in the first place. But i remember i once brought her to public dog park, but it was in january.

I also realized after that she became more brutal to my other dog on occassion (once in awhile), in february she attacked the other dog brutally for some unknown reason. I thought it was just some hormonal stuff like loop or something. It seems it was because she was pregnant
Not to dogpile (haha) but you all pet owners need to spay or neuter their animals. Now you risk these dogs ending up in bad homes, neglected or euthanized. Unless you plan on keeping them, which in that case congratulations! Now take them to be fixed in 6 months.

Well, come what may. Literally in may. It is yet to be decided. For now we plan to keep them with her mom for 3 months (8 weeks)

====
Also, regarding to veterinarian. I'll see what i can do since she doesnt even want to go out to the garden, let alone veterinarian.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just remember not to separate the puppies from the mom for at least 8 weeks. Those first 8 weeks, it's essential that their mom raise them.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Either then, or a male dog jumped the fence to gain access (they go crazy when a female is in heat nearby). Definitely get all of your dogs/cats fixed.
How low is your fence that random dogs jump the fence into your yard?

We have coyotes who regularly try to ambush/steal dogs out here so thatd be problematic if I work work up one day and found my dog dead because coyotes got into my yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.