• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 23, 2017
I haven't done one of my virtual tourism threads in awhile... I think it's time for one.

Apparently this project started back in 2020 by some Gravity Rush fans but I didn't find out about it until recently.

The world is currently a work-in-progress on VRChat and you can only explore the town of Auldnoir right now.

It's missing NPC's walking around, flying airships, and you can't visit the other towns because they are not complete yet.

I have no idea if the world is being worked on at this time. So while my dream of exploring Gravity Rush in VR has come true, it's not fully realized yet.

Still... the city of Auldnoir is a sight to behold.

fzja.gif

www.youtube.com

[Gravity Rush] Auldnoir/Old Town

I cannot wait for Gravity Rush 2 to release.It looks amazing!Ended up playing the PS4 Remaster and was impressed.If only I had played this gem earlier. I've ...

KUjzEKE.jpg

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I have been following this project for a while. Really damn cool.

Now if Sony could just make more GR games...

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
This is rad and one of the reasons I love VRChat so much. It's just fun to go exploring in there. You never know what you're gonna find.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Yooo this is awesome, I'm gonna try this now!

Were you the same person that made those VRchat threads for Final Fantasy 7/Xenoblade? I enjoyed those

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm constantly amazed how detailed the cities and sectors were in that game. Really cool to have it I'm VR

Oct 27, 2017
VR does what Sony don't. I'd try this if I had a headset.

There is a first person camera toggle for GR, I used that a bit just to fly around, so slick. Game would be bonkers in VR even though everyone would get motion sickness. It's be worth it.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Yooo this is awesome, I'm gonna try this now!

Were you the same person that made those VRchat threads for Final Fantasy 7/Xenoblade? I enjoyed those

Yup! I've done quite a few here on ERA.

www.resetera.com

I explored the world of Xenoblade 2, in Virtual Reality. (Spoilers Ahead)

Update #1: I'm a pretty big fan of Xenoblade 2, and also a pretty big fan of VR. Little did I know, I would go on an amazing and unexpected adventure. I wanted to share them with you all! Please keep in mind, the screenshots you're about to see are from the end of the game, or near the end...
www.resetera.com

I explore the world of Xenogears in VR! (VRChat - Image Heavy)

In all of its PS1 glory. Never thought I'd see the day where I can enter the world of a legendary classic! A classic that I have played through maybe 3 or 4 times over the years. The world is still a WIP, the creator has quite a lot of work to do but for what's there, it's really cool! I...
www.resetera.com

I explore the world of Nier Automata in VR! (Amusement Park, Desert, YoRHa Bunker and more! Image Heavy.)

Ah yes, Nier Automata... A game so good that it spread by word of mouth and sold over 4.5 million+ copies world-wide. Nier Automata has done many collaborations over the years with many different games such as VRChat Virtual Market, Soul Calibur 6, Gravity Rush 2, Shadowverse, Phantasy Star...
www.resetera.com

Exploring FFVII Remake's Midgar in VR is pretty awesome. (VRChat)

Unlike my other Virtual Tourism threads I won't share any screenshots this time around(unless people want to see them), but luckily someone made a video showing some of the locations you can visit. If you love Final Fantasy VII Remake, and you love VR, definitely take some time to check out the...
www.resetera.com

*Bzzzt* This...is...*Radio Static* Heart from inside the Astral Plane! (Astral Chain x VRChat)

Ah, great! It seems I've connected to ResetERA! It's very difficult to get a connection here! I was in pursuit of a Chimera, but I lost track of it. Luckily, I have not run into any other Chimera in the area. I'm currently exploring my surroundings, the Astral Plane is incredible...
www.resetera.com

Fan creates Mirror's Edge inspired world in VRChat

(Not my video, this is someone elses) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Back in September of 2019, I asked how feasible a Mirror's Edge VR game would be...

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
It blows my mind what an insane software history Sony has, and being the only console on the market with VR, yet we still can't get any official virtual tourism experiences. Like... lean into your market differentiator ya dolts

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
It's really cool wandering around game worlds in VR Chat. I wish people would port over more FFXIV areas. My current "home" is the occular of the Crystal Tower and it looks so pretty and the most unsettlingly thing I've seen in VR is looking up at Shinryu, VR does such a fantastic job of illustrating scale. In the game Shinryu is another big old boss, but when you have the actual depth and first person view you can see how truly massive it is.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It blows my mind what an insane software history Sony has, and being the only console on the market with VR, yet we still can't get any official virtual tourism experiences. Like... lean into your market differentiator ya dolts

lol, they're coming out with a PSVR2 headset soon and a whole slew of content is being developed for it. Maybe you'll get what you're looking for there.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Damn I miss Gravity Rush. Now I'm sad, OP, thanks.

I miss it too. :(

Yeah I have been following this project for a while. Really damn cool.

Now if Sony could just make more GR games...

Nice! I still haven't been able to find a Kat avatar, hopefully I find one eventually...

Slight hijack, but have you visited the Jet Set Radio world in VRChat?

As VRC matures as a platform, people are doing some wiiiiild shit.

Ah I remember seeing this before when the project was still in development. It released October 15?

I guess I have another world to explore! :)

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
It's really cool wandering around game worlds in VR Chat. I wish people would port over more FFXIV areas. My current "home" is the occular of the Crystal Tower and it looks so pretty and the most unsettlingly thing I've seen in VR is looking up at Shinryu, VR does such a fantastic job of illustrating scale. In the game Shinryu is another big old boss, but when you have the actual depth and first person view you can see how truly massive it is.
Shinryu was really cool to visit.

There's a modified Limsa world called Moonlight Eden Limsa Lominsa Gaming. It's my favorite FFXIV world right now, because they made it look really exquisite.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
I'm constantly amazed how detailed the cities and sectors were in that game. Really cool to have it I'm VR

Definitely one of the things I loved about Gravity Rush. The atmosphere.

I just wish there were NPC's walking around and airships flying through the skies to heighten the immersion.

My god, if only I could explore Jirga Para Lhao in VR with all of its people, that would probably bring me to tears.

AvianAviator

ā–² Legend ā–²
Jun 23, 2021
Yup! I've done quite a few here on ERA.

www.resetera.com

I explored the world of Xenoblade 2, in Virtual Reality. (Spoilers Ahead)

Update #1: I'm a pretty big fan of Xenoblade 2, and also a pretty big fan of VR. Little did I know, I would go on an amazing and unexpected adventure. I wanted to share them with you all! Please keep in mind, the screenshots you're about to see are from the end of the game, or near the end...
www.resetera.com

I explore the world of Xenogears in VR! (VRChat - Image Heavy)

In all of its PS1 glory. Never thought I'd see the day where I can enter the world of a legendary classic! A classic that I have played through maybe 3 or 4 times over the years. The world is still a WIP, the creator has quite a lot of work to do but for what's there, it's really cool! I...
www.resetera.com

I explore the world of Nier Automata in VR! (Amusement Park, Desert, YoRHa Bunker and more! Image Heavy.)

Ah yes, Nier Automata... A game so good that it spread by word of mouth and sold over 4.5 million+ copies world-wide. Nier Automata has done many collaborations over the years with many different games such as VRChat Virtual Market, Soul Calibur 6, Gravity Rush 2, Shadowverse, Phantasy Star...
www.resetera.com

Exploring FFVII Remake's Midgar in VR is pretty awesome. (VRChat)

Unlike my other Virtual Tourism threads I won't share any screenshots this time around(unless people want to see them), but luckily someone made a video showing some of the locations you can visit. If you love Final Fantasy VII Remake, and you love VR, definitely take some time to check out the...
www.resetera.com

*Bzzzt* This...is...*Radio Static* Heart from inside the Astral Plane! (Astral Chain x VRChat)

Ah, great! It seems I've connected to ResetERA! It's very difficult to get a connection here! I was in pursuit of a Chimera, but I lost track of it. Luckily, I have not run into any other Chimera in the area. I'm currently exploring my surroundings, the Astral Plane is incredible...
www.resetera.com

Fan creates Mirror's Edge inspired world in VRChat

(Not my video, this is someone elses) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Back in September of 2019, I asked how feasible a Mirror's Edge VR game would be...

I had no idea people did this kind of thing with VR Chat. And now seeing the Gravity Rush world? I'm going to have to try it out on my BF's oculus.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
I had no idea people did this kind of thing with VR Chat. And now seeing the Gravity Rush world? I'm going to have to try it out on my BF's oculus.

It's really cool! I highly recommend checking out Majula from Dark Souls 2, and the temple/garden from Shadow of the Colossus.

I've been to the nexus from Demon's Souls as well! I'm sure there is plenty more worlds to explore too.

Last edited:

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, that is cool as fuck and I appreciate any love people are willing to show this gem of a series.

On the other hand, Gravity Rush can already be nauseating on a traditional display... playing in VR sounds like a great formula for barfing all over my carpet.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Can't you play the games Gravity Rush 1 and 2 in first-person mode already? If you can, you could always put on a PSVR headset and enjoy its world in VR.

Solid278

Aug 26, 2019
How is this possible? What I mean is, since the game is not native on PC, were the assets ripped from the disc (is that doable with PS4?), or completely remade from the ground up?

as an aside, this is amazing and I want in. I assume I can't use my PSVRā€”should I get an Oculus Quest, or is it better to splurge on an Index (I love the idea of room tracking)ā€¦ or is it best to wait for the next hardware refresh at this point?
Edit: would these worlds be too graphically intensive for a Quest? Would I need a more powerful PC? Ahhhh I'm going down the rabbit hole

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't you play the games Gravity Rush 1 and 2 in first-person mode already? If you can, you could always put on a PSVR headset and enjoy its world in VR.
That's not how that works at all.
If the game would load, you would only be able to view the gameplay on a flat 2D plane, that's like a floating screen.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
How is this possible? What I mean is, since the game is not native on PC, were the assets ripped from the disc (is that doable with PS4?), or completely remade from the ground up?

as an aside, this is amazing and I want in. I assume I can't use my PSVRā€”should I get an Oculus Quest, or is it better to splurge on an Index (I love the idea of room tracking)ā€¦ or is it best to wait for the next hardware refresh at this point?
Edit: would these worlds be too graphically intensive for a Quest? Would I need a more powerful PC? Ahhhh I'm going down the rabbit hole
These worlds are typically made with ripped assets. Most of the more interesting worlds don't work on the Quest natively, but if you load up VRChat when you're using Virtual Desktop to play through your PC/SteamVR it might work just fine. Some worlds are really poorly optimized so they run like shit regardless of your rig, but it never hurts to try.

If you really want to go down the rabbithole, I recommend checking out the PCVR discussion thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pcvr-game-discussion-thread-a-new-era-of-gaming.529/ Always more than happy to help there.

Yeah, I've been trying to look for one for years but to no avail.
Unfortunately getting the asset for Kat seems to be somewhat problematic... for some reason. Weird.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone list or point me to a list of all the best asset rip worlds to explore on VRChat?

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Could someone list or point me to a list of all the best asset rip worlds to explore on VRChat?
Depends on which game you're looking for. Generally speaking you can just search for the game name or area name and you'll get what you're looking for if it exists. But there's no real comprehensive list of game rip worlds since VRChat allows literally anybody to create and post worlds.

The most important thing is that you won't be able to visit most of these worlds if you're just using the Quest/Quest 2. Gotta be connected to PCVR in some way (Virtual Desktop/AirLink/Link Cable) or else VRChat won't load the world for you.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on which game you're looking for. Generally speaking you can just search for the game name or area name and you'll get what you're looking for if it exists. But there's no real comprehensive list of game rip worlds since VRChat allows literally anybody to create and post worlds.

The most important thing is that you won't be able to visit most of these worlds if you're just using the Quest/Quest 2. Gotta be connected to PCVR in some way (Virtual Desktop/AirLink/Link Cable) or else VRChat won't load the world for you.

Yeah, I'm on Airlink on a 3070 so that's not an issue.

There's really no post somewhere with a list of interesting asset rip worlds? The only way to find them is to just randomly type names of games into search?

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017

I've heard of people using their PSVR headset on VRChat, but it requires some set up and I have no idea how it works I'm afraid.

I don't have a Quest 2 neither so I can't help with that. How strong is your PC?

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
wow, it even has the same style. It legit looks just like the game. I need to try this.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

VR chat is native on Quest 2, but not as good as PC and I assume gets really chunky in some of those more intense VRchat locations. Hooking up your Quest to your PC is easy if you got the link cable, and just slightly more involved getting it to work over wifi if you want to try wireless from PC.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
wow, it even has the same style. It legit looks just like the game. I need to try this.

It's fun to explore video game worlds, might see some details you otherwise wouldn't have noticed in pancake gaming.

When you load into Auldnoir, you'll see some gauges you can mess with that adjusts jumping height.

Maxing it out causes you to technically fly but you can't stop yourself and respawning won't stop it either so you have to reload the world again.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A couple years ago I was excited to see the FFXI zones in VR Chat, like Sea, but I couldn't deal with the community long enough to figure out how to get to them.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Are these like more advanced versions of steam vr environments? There's a ton you can download with steam vr like Ocarina of Time maps and a 3d map of Ragnarok's Prontera (with music too!) and it was one of the things that blew me away with my Vive

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Reminder that VRChat doesn't require VR. For instance, the Jet Set Radio world posted above is fully playable in both VR and desktop modes.

VR, of course, makes certain worlds/scenes breathtaking šŸ˜.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Are these like more advanced versions of steam vr environments? There's a ton you can download with steam vr like Ocarina of Time maps and a 3d map of Ragnarok's Prontera (with music too!) and it was one of the things that blew me away with my Vive

I'm not too familiar with the steam vr environments, I haven't messed with them enough.

Reminder that VRChat doesn't require VR. For instance, the Jet Set Radio world posted above is fully playable in both VR and desktop modes.

VR, of course, makes certain worlds/scenes breathtaking šŸ˜.

Ah, yeah, probably one of the important things people should know.

You don't need a VR headset to play VRChat, however a VR headset is ideal.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really like VRChat's ability to allow you to just roam game worlds. I kinda wish someone would make some kind of directory of game worlds that have been ported over to VRChat. Hell, I might look into doing that myself.

Edit: Currently doing kind of a test run and, wow, some of these worlds are incredibly impressive.

Edit again: Here's the ongoing list.

Last edited: