• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
mattiewheels

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I really still don't know how to react to this out of pure shock. I'm just staying elsewhere for a couple days to figure that out, but what's been weirding me out when I think about all this is that I seem to have separate reactions to the two when I feel like it should be the same reaction to both of them. I dunno, the problem with the best friend is that we weren't super close the past couple years because I lived in another state, but I moved back this year and thought it would be cool to have him as my roomie. But we've been pretty distant with each other the whole time I've been here, and this event is making it feel like there's no coming back from it. My girl moved in with us a few months ago and they became close, way closer than me and him have been in a long time, ha.

Just too fucking awkward a situation to process at the moment.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Tell the friend you broke up cuz your era sized cock was too much for her to handle. Make small comments every so often like bro, she's quiet for you. He'll go insane from insecurity.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like to judge, but that's an objectively bad best friend. I guess just don't think about them at all and avoid them at all times and you'll come out of this sane?

Massao

Oct 27, 2017
That sucks but honestly just do your best to move on, let them be happy but more importantly just let yourself be happy.

Life is to short for you to let it affect you. Plays some games drink some beers then pick yourself up and find someone new who might be better and better for you than you ever had before.

Worse case scenario - they are happy and hey it is what it is
Best case scenario - threesome

Edit: Yall gonna end up making OP crazy and next thread is gonna be about how OP just killed his best friend, we have no clue how long they were together if the other friend had feelings he mentioned first, we can't say they were together behind his back. Its not good to assume. Listen OP we can't change people only ourselves if you feel betrayed in any way just get yourself into a position to move out and out of their lives, again unless there's a threesome.

This is pretty much the only intelligent thing anyone said in this thread...
Don't go for dumb suggestions and negative feelings, OP. They won't take you anywhere.

I wouldn't get my hopes high about the threesome, though. LOL.

But if you're not confortable about it, maybe just leave and move on. Live your life.

Last edited:

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Take the L and move on.
Fuck any arbitrary bro code. It's not like this girl is a piece of furniture that your friend need to ask you for permission to use.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really still don't know how to react to this out of pure shock. I'm just staying elsewhere for a couple days to figure that out, but what's been weirding me out when I think about all this is that I seem to have separate reactions to the two when I feel like it should be the same reaction to both of them. I dunno, the problem with the best friend is that we weren't super close the past couple years because I lived in another state, but I moved back this year and thought it would be cool to have him as my roomie. But we've been pretty distant with each other the whole time I've been here, and this event is making it feel like there's no coming back from it. My girl moved in with us a few months ago and they became close, way closer than me and him have been in a long time, ha.

You should just move out.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Real advice: move out/get away because it's not going to be healthy for you or worth dealing with

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

They def been fucking behind your back haha

That dude ain't your best friend anymore. Forget about it and find a place of your own, if you can.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017

Is it dawning on you just how close they were yet? They''re not just "now dating". Move out, you don't need these kinds of people in your life.

Deleted member 8683

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, at face value this is bullshit. He dated this girl for 2 years and a month after they breakup she is magically already dating his best friend and roommate? And with no warning?

These are shit people.
"These are shit people."
Please tell me more about who hurt you.

These aren't "shit people"; it's a "shit situation" for the parties involved. It's something both the OP and the friend+ex are going to get over with time and still be able to function in society.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
God damn, that is a shitty move if not given any warning. God, talks would be hilariously awkward if you both got drunk and start talking about your sex life.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
"These are shit people."

These aren't "shit people"; it's a "shit situation" for the parties involved. It's something both the OP and the friend+ex are going to get over with time and still be able to function in society.

lol, I think it's pretty obvious they were hooking up before the breakup, making them both shitty people. Even in a best case scenario, they both completely disregarded OP's feelings.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
"These are shit people."

Are you serious?

How would you feel if you dated someone for a couple of years, broke up, then all of a sudden, your "best friend" decides to stab you in the back to be with your ex without even notifying you about it?

That's just wrong.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Take the L and move on.
Fuck any arbitrary bro code. It's not like this girl is a piece of furniture that your friend need to ask you for permission to use.
Pretty much. If you need space get it or keep it real and tell them it makes you uncomfortable. Other than that take the L

Deleted member 8683

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Are you serious?

How would you feel if you dated someone for a couple of years, then all of a sudden, your "best friend" decides to stab you in the back to be with your ex without even notifying you about it?

That's just wrong.
Again, shit situation, not shit people. He found out eventually, didn't he? What if those two are now really happy with each other? Would you deny them that, and what difference would it make other than make yourself miserable?

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"These are shit people."

So, have you done this to someone before? Is that why you are stanning for trash people?

A shit situation would be his ex or best friend/roommate coming to him and explaining they wanted to date. That would be a shit situation.

Shit people are a girl you just broke up with and your best friend/roommate jumping in a relationship before the paint has dried and not giving you the common courtesy of letting you know it's going to happen.

Two completely different things and these people are clearly in the latter camp.

P.S. them being happy means dick. Being happy doesn't make you a good person.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Move out and move on as quickly as you can. Whether they were 'meant to be together' or whatever, it's been only a month since your breakup, they were probably fucking behind your back. They lack human decency as they didn't consider your feelings (especially if it was only a month and it was a 2 year relationship) so cut them out asap. You don't need people like that in your life.

Again, shit situation, not shit people. He found out eventually, didn't he? What if those two are now really happy with each other? Would you deny them that, and what difference would it make other than make yourself miserable?

Nah fuck that. They didn't care if they hurt him, they are shitty people.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its up to you how you handle that. I've personally never crossed that line but I've had friends who did end up with my exs and it's never bothered me. We split up for a reason afterall. Personally I'd say carry on as normal if you can.

Failing that you need to establish yourself as the alpha male. Start by spreading your scent around his room to mark your territory. Eventually hes gonna suspect you so, when he approaches you about it you have to raise and arch your back and lock eyes with him. If all goes to plan you'll be bucking heads with him for a few minutes before emerging the victor and new pack leader. Beware though any other male will now be gunning for your newly earned position.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
oof sounds like this has been happening behind your back OP. These people don't seem to care too much about you so it's time to cut them out of your life.

LoneWolfHunter

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Aug 27, 2019
Highly likely she's only doing it to rub it in your face.

Once had an ex that dated my brother right after... Just tell your friend to have as much fun as he can and don't let it get to you, she'll get mad and dump him probably.

Deleted member 8683

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So, have you done this to someone before? Is that why you are stanning for trash people?

A shit situation would be his ex or best friend/roommate coming to him and explaining they wanted to date. That would be a shit situation.

Shit people are a girl you just broke up with and your best friend/roommate jumping in a relationship before the paint has dried and not giving you the common courtesy of letting you know it's going to happen.

Two completely different things and these people are clearly in the latter camp.

P.S. them being happy means dick. Being happy doesn't make you a good person.
Not done it, and haven't had it done to me.

But what would I benefit from knowing about it before the fact?

Damn, them being happy doesn't necessarily make them bad people either though?

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Not done it, and haven't had it done to me.

But what would I benefit from knowing about it before the fact?

Damn, them being happy doesn't necessarily make them bad people either though?

Being happy at someone else's expense is kinda shitty, especially when it's easily avoidable.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Take the L and move on.
Fuck this ownership bullshit. I would never date someone after they spent two years fostering a deep emotional+romantic connection with a close friend. And if I ever did, that close friend would be more than justified if they were mad

OP, if your best fucking friend and ex are dating and banging just one month after your breakup there definitely was something going on before it. Your friend is the one who really betrayed you though. You should never have an expectation that an ex will continue to take your feelings into account after you've ended the relationship. But a friendship is a relationship, and your friend's an ass.

OP
OP
mattiewheels

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Ask him 'how's my dick taste?'
Ha. That's damn good.

But I haven't even seen or spoken to him since my ex told me, and I'm cringing inside out just thinking about how awkward that first encounter will be. This is the thing, I just can't see interacting with these guys in a normal way anymore and moving out is probably the only option. I'm trying to figure out how to make this work, but what do they want from me, y'know?

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Nah, at face value this is bullshit. He dated this girl for 2 years and a month after they breakup she is magically already dating his best friend and roommate? And with no warning?

These are shit people.

It's pretty suspect. They also shows a complete lack of empathy. They're not fucking idiots I assume; so they know how their actions reverberate particularly to those close. So not even a heads up and only a month, a blink in the eye considering a multi-year relationship?

Yeah, true love and it only concerns them blah blah blah. We're human beings and our relationships among and between us are more complex than subject A and subject B. They sound like pieces of shit and OP needs to move out as far as possible because this reeks of intentional toxicity.

Nov 17, 2017
They def been fucking behind your back haha

That dude ain't your best friend anymore. Forget about it and find a place of your own, if you can.
EIther that or they were flirting and talking to the point that led her to leave OP.

I have a friend who ended up leaving her boyfriend for a mutual roommate. They didn't fuck or anything before that but she basically realized she was feeling for this other dude as she wasn't feeling less about her ex.

Yeah end of the day, get out of there. Leave both of them in the dust.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Ha. That's damn good.

But I haven't even seen or spoken to him since my ex told me, and I'm cringing inside out just thinking about how awkward that first encounter will be. This is the thing, I just can't see interacting with these guys in a normal way anymore and moving out is probably the only option. I'm trying to figure out how to make this work, but what do they want from me, y'know?
They don't want anything, apparently. They don't care about you or your feelings. It's just not gonna work.

Wish them the best of luck in their relationship and excise them. Life's too short to waste on something that will always bother you even if you tried to be the bigger person and continue on as normal.

How can you even move on with them both there in your living space? Impossible.

It's not even really the act. If they were upfront and considerate of your feelings it'd be less shitty and you may even be supportive of it.

But they didn't even give you that courtesy. You deserve a better best friend and better partner. It's for the best for everyone to move on. No shame in that.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
I would find a new place and move on from this friendship. He doesn't care about you at all and has shown it with this move.

Just saw this. For sure they were fucking during that time period. Now I can say for sure he isn't a friend and I wouldn't trust him if I was you.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah sounds like you need to move on. Shit sucks but it sounds like you and your friend we're already having a bit of a falling out, so might as well just move on. Not being able to talk about it also shows where his priorities lie in regards to your friendship.

It sucks ass but don't be bitter. It is what it is and let this occupy as little space in your head as poasible. Wish you well on your road ahead.