• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
retail truck unloading was crazy work and hot in the summer back in the day. 100's of items all stacked up in a truck randomly like a kids messy toy box or closet. laundry detergents, cans of soup, toys, etc. You had to unload the truck by hand and then you had to put all that stuff on the shelves before customers come in. retail is on my list of top worst jobs.

At all the different jobs I did I just made sure to show up to work, do my job, and soak up all the info I can to be more efficient to make things that much easier. Id put it on my resume and then go to a better job.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Most of the people that say shit like that had never had to do any hard labour.

I'm thankful daily that I get to basically sit in front of a computer every day.

Yup. When I make a mistake, it likely doesn't have near-catastrophic consequences. And it's why laborers deserve more money than they're getting.

But I feel you OP, sometimes it gets boring. That said, work is work, so treat it as such...a means to an end. It's your income, but that doesn't mean it has to be your life. Who you are and what you do aren't mutually exclusive, but there is some wiggle room there. Taking classes at night, exercising, developing a hobby, volunteering...all that exists outside 9 - 5.

Not gonna sit here and say that's some kind of blanket answer for everyone, since god knows people out there busting their ass working two jobs don't have time, but if the discussion is focused on that 9 - 5, boring job window, keep the job in its place, and do something that isn't boring outside of work.

poropat

Created an alt account to abuse the GiftBot system
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
You're barely working if you can listen to podcasts.