• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
twitter and Instagram work great everything and everyone I follow appears on my news feed but on Facebook the people and pages I follow only 3-4 stories loads on my newsfeed and that's it.

Is there any way to fix this? I tried unfollowing everything and following again.

I only go on Facebook on a day at nighttime same goes for twitter and Instagram. This has been happening for a few weeks now and it's annoying

Oct 26, 2017
On my feed I can scroll down maybe twenty entries, then it just stops and tells me to add more friends to see more stuff. Like, no, Facebook, I want to see what my current friends have been up to.

But yeah, at this point I could probably live without it. Messenger is needed since Skype is a mess though.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
On 'Most Recent', my feed seems entirely broken and refreshes ads constantly and cycling through the same 3-4 stories. Cynically 'Top Stories' is fine. Zuckerberg'd once again!

Whatever those fuckers do over there on a daily basis "upgrading tech" for gigantic salaries must be a real hoot.

OP
OP
Telpis

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
On 'Most Recent', my feed seems entirely broken and refreshes ads constantly and cycling through the same 3-4 stories. Cynically 'Top Stories' is fine. Zuckerberg'd once again!

Whatever those fuckers do over there on a daily basis "upgrading tech" for gigantic salaries must be a real hoot.

Agreed it's plain annoying I'm even thinking of just deleting Facebook I get none of this crap on twitter

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Agreed it's plain annoying I'm even thinking of just deleting Facebook I get none of this crap on twitter
Does reading your friends' Facebook posts enrich your life in any meaningful way?

Just dump that shit, Facebook is trash and I promise from personal experience that you'll still be able to connect with the people that matter to you.

Wren Wolfe

Nov 10, 2017
I deleted all of my social media accounts a month ago, and whoo-wee does it feel good.

I was worried about deleting Facebook, because I solely use Messenger to communicate with my sisters. However, if you just deactivate Facebook with no intentions of reactivating it, you can still use Messenger.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The constant barrages of "DELETE FACEBOOK IT'S SHIT" is annoying as fuck, OP. I'm sorry.

I have the same issues sometimes too. I find that clearing my cache makes it return to normal but I'm not sure if that's like.... actually correcting any issue. Hopefully it starts working properly for you.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The constant UI and annoying feed changes made me ultimately quit Facebook and stick to Instagram. I have no recommendations for you, sorry.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't help you keep in contact with relatives, etc? We have a family page where we all share things because we live so far apart.
Messenger does, Facebook doesn't.

I legit cant see any of my families posts on facebooks site/app/whatever because they decide to just display their ads and other useless shite, so I deleted my facebook and kept messenger

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
twitter and Instagram work great everything and everyone I follow appears on my news feed but on Facebook the people and pages I follow only 3-4 stories loads on my newsfeed and that's it.

Is there any way to fix this? I tried unfollowing everything and following again.

I only go on Facebook on a day at nighttime same goes for twitter and Instagram. This has been happening for a few weeks now and it's annoying

There is a gear icon where you can set to receive all posts from a certain group

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
stop using Facebook. At least, its timeline. Just use Messenger. Don't ever look at your timeline again, and stop posting shit on your wall.

limit yourself to private communications with your friends. That's what I have been doing for the past year, and it's been great.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
How did you guys who keep spamming "QUIT FACEBOOK IT'LL CHANGE YOUR LIFE LIKE IT DID MINE!" use Facebook before you quit?

I've effectively "quit" Facebook in that I never post on it. I can't say my life has changed at all. I've always just used Facebook as a time waster, it's never had an impact on my relationships. It's very very easy to use Facebook and have a normal social life.

To address the OP, yeah I have the same problem. I literally only see posts from 5ish people at this point. Not sure why.

Edit: this is not to imply you shouldn't delete Facebook if you want. Feel free if that's what would make you comfortable. I just don't understand how it causes such detriment to people's lives.

Oct 25, 2017
I've had the same thing. The chronological feed is pretty much the only thing that matters to me besides messaging friends and the occasional event/photo album, and the feed varies from bad to broken ever since they killed chronological in favor of "most recent".

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I only use facebook and a couple of groups as a forum subtitute for a couple of friends and acquaintance where we talk about comics and such, I don't follow people to look at their food or baby photo's. I even block friends and family if they tend to be annoying.

Fakto

Oct 26, 2017
About quitting FB ... I use it to store all my well curated travel pics on albums for my family to see.
I don't know any other social media app that lets you do that, and even if there was one in the future, I will wait until there is an easy way to migrate all those thousands of pics.
I do not hold physical photo albums, all is on FB.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I deleted all of my social media accounts a month ago, and whoo-wee does it feel good.

I was worried about deleting Facebook, because I solely use Messenger to communicate with my sisters. However, if you just deactivate Facebook with no intentions of reactivating it, you can still use Messenger.
This

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
I stopped using facebook Feb 5th, 2018. Haven't looked back since. Everyone is always like why don't you respond to my posts?! I could care less, if my friends wanna talk to me, they know my number. Also it's great not knowing shit about anyone anymore. It's liberating.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't go to Facebook all that often and I usually just have one post that will load with a message under it to add more friends. I know the people I have as friends on there post fairly often so whatever. I'm not going to add a bunch of people just to make Facebook happy because fuck them.