Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollywood Duo

Hollywood Duo

What are you talking about? There is nothing sexual about a parent child relationship, it’s all your own projection.

2. shiftplusone

shiftplusone

You're original post is not about compassion its about some benign shit about a parent popping pimples

"my dad used to make us eat asparagus"

"thats not abnormal?"

"YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HE WOULD MAKE US JUMP ON A TRAMPOLINE UNTIL OUR LEGS GAVE OUT AND WOULD PUT CIGARETTES OUT ON US"

Like it totally fucking sucks what he put you through and he's a real piece of shit for that, but there's a missing middle of your connective pieces of information here.

3. Budi

Budi

Sorry to hear you had to live in an alcoholic and violent household OP. Never had to go through that myself, but I know it can be hell. Hopefully you can as an adult live without that baggage pushing you down. Nothing wrong with sharing your memories and experiences, if you want to get them off your back.

When it comes to zits and blackheads, my mom squeezes any on my sister. Even still, when my sister is over 40. It freaks me out for some reason, not because of anything possibly sexual in that case. I just find it gross and beg her to stop, but I just need to leave the room.

4. TI92

TI92
    Banned Member

my mom used to pop all of our pimples too, she was a maniac about it and would like go right after them if she saw them. Wasn't bad though she used like a nice hot towel and such. It was kind of like being at a spa but was in the kitchen.

So while it definitely hurt physically because draining nastiness it was not a bad thing. Kind of a funny memory all three of us share especially now that shes passed away :(

and now as an adult I don't really have acne issues at all, not sure if related but maybe?

5. Viriditas

Viriditas

Wow there is a lot of gaslighting in this thread. Jesus.

6. FyreWulff

FyreWulff

Grooming, abuse of authority, covert abuse and cornering.

Whole bunch of things being handwaved away by people because they'ree the fucking reason people don't report abuse because the thought of abuse being a non-obvious checklist to you makes you more uncomfortable than anything else.

7. a couple of my girlfriends had/have that compulsion :P

8. Viriditas

Viriditas

FUCKING THANK YOU

God damn

9. Zen

Zen

My girlfriend likes to pop blackheads on herself and me. I just chalk it up to a weird OCD

Context is entirely different in my situation though

10. that sounds like a relatively normal parent–child interaction

my mother sometimes squeezed mine

i don't see the big deal

11. TI92

TI92
    Banned Member

yep that's what it was with my mom too, nothing sexual at all. Doesn't mean that's how it was for everyone else and I'm not going to do it to my potential children but it was nothing outright malicious in my experience.

12. Amory

Amory

That's awful and I'm sorry it happened to you, but I'm not seeing how this is a similar thing at all.

13. sibarraz

sibarraz

For some reason my sister always squeeze my blackheads, I'm very shocked to see that somehow lots of people here lived similar situations, and it wasn't just something that my sister did

14. Threadkular

Threadkular
    Member OP

Thanks you two

15. Viriditas

Viriditas

You folks with the normalization are really freaking me out. How do you not see that this is very different than a normal interaction? Why would a Dad ever lay on top of his teenage daughter in bed? EVER?

16. Wonderment

Wonderment

Temporarily locking this thread to review its contents.

17. Wonderment

Wonderment

This thread will not be reopened, the discussion is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.