• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
The fact that Netflix has stripped Dark season 1's finale with A Quiet Life from the internet has gutted any impulse I had to tell all of you that you were wrong for not defaulting to A Quiet Life

This is also a distressingly good answer that will be distressingly discounted because it's tied to a mediocre videogame.

Last edited:

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
The entire album "What Would The Community Think" by Cat Power is brilliantly depressing. It's all very raw and intimate, and at this early stage in her career her voice was really powerful.

Her first 4 albums are all this kind of sad, bluesy alternative rock and they're all good, but this one is easily my favourite.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
Gonna come back into this thread to post Shinsei Kamattechan.

One of the most depressive bands I've ever listened to, even if a lot of their music sounds poppy and nice.

Oct 27, 2017
after giving it some more thought, i rescind my previous post and submit albert ayler's performance at john coltrane's funeral

ayler's spiritual style would influence coltrane's later output and is displayed here in perhaps its fullest form, an elegy capped off by ayler's vocals, wordless wails to encapsulate a sorrow that no words can describe. ayler himself would pass a few years later, under mysterious (some say violent) circumstances

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Feeling bad about yourself?

Did you have close relationships with people that believed in you that you burned to the ground?

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

Max Richter- On the nature of daylight

Max Richter was so perfect for the Leftovers

giphy.gif

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
Anything by the Mountain Goats. My fave song of theirs is not really depressing per se but rather uplifting if you find yourself in a depressive mood. Lord knows I've listened to this song countless times.

More of their songs that get an honourable mention: No Children & I Am Going to Make it Through this Year
Moral Orel FTW

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Pretty much Mount Eerie's A Crow Looked At Me in its entirety. I can't listen to that album that much because it's so depressing.

"If you're alone, it must be you that wants to be apart"

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Will always repeat the same song, I got a whole playlist for when I'm depressed I'm listening to non-stop, but probably the worst of them all:

It's over, you don't need to tell me
I hope you're with someone who makes you feel safe in your sleep, then tonight
I won't kill myself trying to stay in your life
I've got no distance left to run

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Anything by the Mountain Goats. My fave song of theirs is not really depressing per se but rather uplifting if you find yourself in a depressive mood. Lord knows I've listened to this song countless times.

More of their songs that get an honourable mention: No Children & I Am Going to Make it Through this Year
Moral Orel FTW

100% agreed. Love the Mountain Goats.
I remember when John said that people were using No Children for their wedding song, which I thought was... Interesting.