• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
i dont care about moving up or down

only forward

on my Flamin' Hot odyssey

OxFjT6M.gif
except there's only so far forward you can go

has anyone tried the blaze doritos

Oct 27, 2017
Man, junk food...

Get some hummus, put in some real spicy sauce, mix and dip with something healthier if you want that spicy kick.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
except there's only so far forward you can go

has anyone tried the blaze doritos

I talked about them upthread. To me they are very similar to Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos. They skew slightly hotter and slightly less sweet. They are so similar I'm not sure why they both exist and I expect one to be left standing shortly.

Man, junk food...

Get some hummus, put in some real spicy sauce, mix and dip with something healthier if you want that spicy kick.

This is basically thread crapping. My diet is 80-90% super clean in any given week, don't come in getting all preachy because some people are getting down with some junk food now and then when you know absolutely nothing about what their actual diet is really like.

OTOH...

I kinda hope this was just meant as a comical zinger of a response to an unsolicited finger wagging opinion. With the user name I actually can't tell.

Oct 27, 2017
I talked about them upthread. To me they are very similar to Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos. They skew slightly hotter and slightly less sweet. They are so similar I'm not sure why they both exist and I expect one to be left standing shortly.

This is basically thread crapping. My diet is 80-90% super clean in any given week, don't come in getting all preachy because some people are getting down with some junk food now and then when you know absolutely nothing about what their actual diet is really like.

OTOH...

I kinda hope this was just meant as a comical zinger of a response to an unsolicited finger wagging opinion. With the user name I actually can't tell.

Sorry but it wasn't intended as thread crapping. It's just that regardless of how healthy you eat, junk food is junk food. I don't know or care what your nutritional proclivities are, and you're entitled to your opinion and choice, just like i am.

And... Junk food is junk food. You're entirely in your right to eat it when 99% of the time you eat healthy (or even if you don't eat healthy at all), but... I'm just suggesting what I think is not only a more nutritional, but a tastier, option to any processed food.

And if you haven't tried it before, please give it a shot! Pick up a bottle of your chili sauce of choice, mix it with hummus, then dip with whatever. The ability to control the amount of spiciness is in itself so much more rewarding (IMO)!

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if i wanted my thread to be about hummus it would be in the OP

if they make a Flamin' Hot hummus then maybe one day

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just suggesting what I think is not only a more nutritional, but a tastier, option to any processed food.

You aren't JUST suggesting though. I think if you step back and think about how that approach would feel applied to other things, it might be start to make sense as to why.

Enough on that though, too much time spent going wide of the topic.

if i wanted my thread to be about hummus it would be in the OP

if they make a Flamin' Hot hummus then maybe one day

Honestly the Supremely Spicy Sabra Hummus isn't bad.

Zeshakag

Oct 28, 2017
I had some flamin' hot funyuns yesterday and let me assure you it wasn't fun.

I know what you mean. It's kind of weak.

I prefer the Funyun flavor be left alone.

Anybody remember Cheetos asteroids? I was addicted to that shit, then they pulled it. Can't believe Frito-Lay would do me like that... :(

Oct 27, 2017
You aren't JUST suggesting though. I think if you step back and think about how that approach would feel applied to other things, it might be start to make sense as to why.

Perhaps you can provide examples of how it applies to other things, and how my opinion is more or less valid than any other one in this, or any other thread, or how it isn't a suggestion in the first place? I'm happy to accept that my suggestion came off the wrong way; kindly explain.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Perhaps you can provide examples of how it applies to other things, and how my opinion is more or less valid than any other one in this, or any other thread, or how it isn't a suggestion in the first place? I'm happy to accept that my suggestion came off the wrong way; kindly explain.
Wtf am I even reading

Thread is about flamin' hot cheetos

Posters come in "ew hummus is better"

Jesus christ, it's like going into the hiphop thread and saying "hiphop? No thanks, why don't you guys listen to some real music."

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised people seem to actively dislike Flamin Hot Funyuns. It's not my first choice but I wouldn't turn them down either. Taking two weeks to eat a bag? Man, I'd still scarf them down in a weekend without even thinking about it.

And while I'm thinking about it - Flamin Hot Lays are depressingly hard to find. The Ruffles are more common but I prefers Lays significantly.

Usually if I want hot potato chips I'll go for Mike Sell's Red Hot Riplets, though.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised people seem to actively dislike Flamin Hot Funyuns. It's not my first choice but I wouldn't turn them down either. Taking two weeks to eat a bag? Man, I'd still scarf them down in a weekend without even thinking about it.

And while I'm thinking about it - Flamin Hot Lays are depressingly hard to find. The Ruffles are more common but I prefers Lays significantly.

Usually if I want hot potato chips I'll go for Mike Sell's Red Hot Riplets, though.

Flamin hot funyuns are some of the best ones tho what are they thinking

Flamin' Hot Stax Impressions
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Tried the flamingo hot staxx (lays version of Pringles)

Pretty good
speak of the devil

tnAvLcA.jpg

these are a lot saltier than I was expecting, but they up the levels of Flamin' Hot to compensate

I'm more of a fan of Pringles, but I could see myself getting these again

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
they are my snow/murder/Cheeto eating gloves

i got them from KMart before they were shuttered

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
matador-sticks-flamin-hot.png

Had one of these recently. I'm not a huge fan of Slim Jim-style sticks, so this mostly tasted like greasy cardboard to me. With a bit of a vinegary heat aftertaste.

Oct 25, 2017
México
so im fucking in love with Flamin' Hot flavored foods

usually they are on cheetos, but it suprisingly can be found on a great many things

fries, lays, peanuts, munchies

ever frozen foods

here's my haul today, including something i've never seen before

N8cBAgb.jpg

puffs, good shit, same flamin' flavor but on a puff cheeto

dx8x4Mb.jpg

flamin' hot with lime, not the biggest fan of the spicy/citrus mixes out there, but this was OK

JfYp9fJ.jpg

ruffles, the flamin hot flavor is a bit muted because of the amount of oil taste in the chips, but they are still damn good. if you like ruffles, give these a shot

0qQpLX4.jpg

funyuns, really like these, the onion flavoring cuts through the spicy nicely without dampening the flamin hot flavor too much

and now the new hotness

jHJEAXP.jpg

holy shit, these things are spicy. lots of flamin hot flavor, and i have to eat them slowly for how spicy they are. maybe a little overkill, but i'll probs get them again sometime soon.
OP, have you tried Tostitos Flamin' Hot? Do they sell these in the USA? If not, hit me up and I will ship a few bags to you.

mULI5K5.png

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Me and my buddy been on a kick since eating the reaper chips.

So far we've tried that chip, 5 minutes with the toe of Satan sucker in our mouths, worlds hottest chocolate bar, Carolina reaper gumball and The End hotsauce.

The gum was tame, chip was hot, 5 minutes with the sucker was pretty bad, but that hot sauce, whoo boy, that's hot.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I really like seeing the Flamin' Hot logo on various products for some reason haha.
Funny how it grew.

I had the Takis Nitro over the weekend because of this thread but felt no heat.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the Chipotle Ranch Flamin Hot Cheetos yesterday, they were delectable.

Gonna get some more tomorrow without question.