• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Finally got to try the XXtra Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Yep, the regular Flamin' Hot has been rendered pointless and obsolete. XXtra is perfect. It actually has the right amount of kick for something that advertises itself as "hot."
XXtra's are great, but I can't find them in a 9 oz bag, only in the smaller bags, which is a bummer

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
i just want to let you know op, this is one of my favorite threads of all.

Food journeys in the abyss is a treasure for us all.

Thank you kind food journeyman.

Deleted member 20296

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love spicy anything, but that's a lot of garbage you're eating :/

Also, is there some genetic differences in people? I'm almost 40 and can count on one hand the times spicy food has 'burned twice' and one of those was the shitty Indian that food-poisoned me.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, laugh if you wa nt, but I went at a big bag of these last night with a nice beverage and, now, in the morning, I'm trying to recover on the toilet and I'm experiencing the worst pain ever. o

this is the worst pain I've had in months.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hKJtIUc.jpg

I just had these a couple of days ago - they're too hot. I usually never say that but I couldn't even enjoy the taste because they were too hot.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
XXtra's that I've found haven't been in the chip aisle, but instead in a smaller size and near the front of stores, near registers

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
Where do y'all find Xtra Hot? Has it always been around?
All over! Liquor stores, CVS, Wal Mart, grocery stores where ever!
Wasn't too big of a fan of those, they have an odd taste the flavors don't work well together at least in my opinion.

It's been hard to find the XXtra flamin hot cheetos on the east coast, when I lived in WA I could find them wherever I went.
I straight up hate ranch but I wanted to try these cos I like Chipotle. I hated em. Ranch flavor is too strong

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but I was thinking of this thread after having tried both Chester's Fries and Flamin' Hot Limón for the first time.

The former... I did not like, and were quite spicy for my taste buds. Besides, these fries do nothing for me, just like with TGI Friday's. Sorry.

The latter is so good, though. I'm glad I only had a small bag because I'd have gone for more.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I tried the Extra Hot Chili & Lime Pringles. They're alright.

Honestly, Pringles have never quite done it for me, anyway. The only one I really liked (Multigrain Sour Cream & Onion) was discontinued. The other acceptable choice after that (Loud Margherita Pizza) has become hard to find. Meh.

In the end I think the XXtra Flamin' Hot Cheetos are going to take the win.

Alex

Oct 27, 2017
Just a random remark since this topic caught my eye but I bought a big mixed variety pack of different types of spicy chips/snacks. I've grown a fondness for them lately so I figured it would be a good way to try a few different ones out.

Oddly enough the one I liked the most was the least spicy one, it was the little thing of Cheddar & Jalapeno Cheetos. I don't really even normally care for Cheetos, never buy 'em, but I really liked those.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hey, are the flamin hot mix still discontinued? I could have sworn I bought a bag not to long ago.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
they have the Mix called "Spicy Party" that has two spicy kinds of Doritos

ive seen that still in stores
Hmmm. Checked with wifey and she said it was like two years ago we bought those. Lol, husbands and our memories. I'll double check though. We live in south TX. They were pretty good. The pretzels always fill like fillers though.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Hmmm. Checked with wifey and she said it was like two years ago we bought those. Lol, husbands and our memories. I'll double check though. We live in south TX. They were pretty good. The pretzels always fill like fillers though.
oh, you mean the Munchies?

1f8e7b88-eca1-4cd9-9102-b14529878eb5_1.6554fc5749cf1b346ea2e5f69f3a4555.jpeg

they do still sell these in stores, and they are really good

i think the sun chips are salsa flavored or something, really tasty

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone in this thread still have the enamel intact on their teeth? I can only ever eat a single bag of takis fuego like a couple times a year because they give me awful toothaches.

Oct 25, 2017
México
Cheetos Flamin' Hot from México. Eating them right now. The 150 g (5.25 oz) bag is around $1.50 USD. I don't know how hard are these to get in your city, but if you want to try them let me know and I can ship them to you in one my trips to the USA (at least twice per month).

They taste a little bit different than the USA ones.

6PEi7BW.jpg

sgBqase.jpg

Last edited:

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Flamin' Hot is too hot for me sadly, despite wanting to love them.

My favorite Cheetos were the Salsa Con Queso Cheetos, but the bastards discontinued them. They were the best thing I ever ate.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
I still had two Paqui one chip challenge chips and thought about eating them despite a best by date of April 2018. Apparently theyre going for a bunch of money on eBay right now. Like $60+.

So conflicted.