• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Lay's Flamin' Hot Dill Pickle Flavor Is Back Permanently

Lays-Flamin-Hot-Dill-Pickle-Is-Back-Permanently-678x381.jpg

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
this is great news, I've been craving a bag for a while and haven't been able to find it anywhere

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
That's great. I've really been missing them.

Still can't find any Flamin Hot SmartFood Popcorn though.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Our Kroger had a display of small bag Flamin Hot items with a declaration that we should "Try Them All!"

Still no Flamin Hot Fritos though. Pretty sure that's the only currently marketed FH chip in the US I haven't tried. :/

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
GkjLDI5.jpg

Didn't expect to see these in stores so quickly, but found them today, and they're just as good as I remember.

Heat fucked me up on the drive home, fam.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I've only ever seen them at Walmart's around me, hopefully they haven't dropped from circulation yet
I just got a few big bags at a Target and saw some of the smaller bags at a Walgreens (convenience store/pharmacy) last week, after many weeks of searching various grocery stores, Targets, and gas stations. Hopefully that means it will continue to be findable.

Newest thing I haven't been able to find lately is Paqui ghost pepper chips! They appeared out of nowhere and were around for months but I haven't found any in the wild for some time now.

edit: also as a PSA for those who like the Lays flamin hot pickle chips but wish they were kettle chips, if you have Deep River chips in your area be on the lookout for their Spicy Dill Pickle chips. They are definitely lower on the heat level, but IMO the texture of the chip makes up for the lack of heat.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just got a few big bags at a Target and saw some of the smaller bags at a Walgreens (convenience store/pharmacy) last week, after many weeks of searching various grocery stores, Targets, and gas stations. Hopefully that means it will continue to be findable.

Newest thing I haven't been able to find lately is Paqui ghost pepper chips! They appeared out of nowhere and were around for months but I haven't found any in the wild for some time now.

edit: also as a PSA for those who like the Lays flamin hot pickle chips but wish they were kettle chips, if you have Deep River chips in your area be on the lookout for their Spicy Dill Pickle chips. They are definitely lower on the heat level, but IMO the texture of the chip makes up for the lack of heat.

Paqui Haunted Ghost Pepper has been around for years. Availability is weird tho, for sure. Used to only be able to find them here occasionally in small bags but started showing up in their normal size in the last few months. I can only assume some areas have had them in normal supply without interruption but definitely not my region.

As a side note, I was really disappointed with them when I tried. Heat, good; flavor, bland. Like it just tasted like raw chili peppers. I ate about half the bag and decided it was t worth my calories, gave them to a friend, who basically said the same. I've often wondered if I just got a bad batch or something. May have to get some for the office Halloween snack day and give it another shot now that the large bags are turning up.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Paqui Haunted Ghost Pepper has been around for years. Availability is weird tho, for sure. Used to only be able to find them here occasionally in small bags but started showing up in their normal size in the last few months. I can only assume some areas have had them in normal supply without interruption but definitely not my region.

As a side note, I was really disappointed with them when I tried. Heat, good; flavor, bland. Like it just tasted like raw chili peppers. I ate about half the bag and decided it was t worth my calories, gave them to a friend, who basically said the same. I've often wondered if I just got a bad batch or something. May have to get some for the office Halloween snack day and give it another shot now that the large bags are turning up.
Yeah I ordered from their site for a while before I saw them turning up in convenience stores/gas stations, and then for a few months grocery stores regularly had big bags available. I guess they must not have sold as well as they wanted cause it's been a couple months since I last saw any in grocery stores.

I do like the flavor, though I agree it could be better. It's mostly the heat I like, and I like to have one once in a while while snacking on another kind of chip. It's the only spicy snack I've found where if I eat too many, I'm getting all runny nosed, tongue burning.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I always love when I see this thread bumped.
Yup, I've had it, I liked it more than the other Matador flavors for sure.

SYLjNJO.jpg

The Flamin' Hot flavor can be hard to find, tho. I think I've only had it like three times.

I have a real hard time finding a lot of the more unique stuff you find. I generally just check corner stores and gas stations though. If I trek to a bigass walmart would I pretty much be guaranteed finding stuff to stock up on?

Flamin' hot stuff tastes like a chemical burn.

A chemical burn that burns so good

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I have a real hard time finding a lot of the more unique stuff you find. I generally just check corner stores and gas stations though. If I trek to a bigass walmart would I pretty much be guaranteed finding stuff to stock up on?
I dunno, it can be kinda hit or miss with Walmart. Target can have some unique things every now and again, but most of the really weird or specific stuff I find in gas stations or at places like Kroger or Giant Eagle.

The Matador I've only ever really seen at gas stations, the Flamin' Hot Lays Stax I've only really seen at Walmart, same with the Smartfood Popcorn.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Interesting that I found this thread.
Been trying to find some Flamin Hot popcorn to pop at home ... this thread proves I'm not gonna find that.

Oh well, guess I'll have to put that in my back pocket and sit on it. I prefer popping popcorn at home.
Love the taste, would love to try flamin hot food. This looks good.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Has the Flamin' Hot SmartFoods White Cheddar Popcorn been covered in here yet?

screen-shot-2019-07-09-at-4-12-45-pm-1562703271.png

*Edit* - Nevermind, saw it just on the last page! It's great!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Woah. I didn't even know some of these products existed (especially that smartfoods popcorn one).

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
i never had anything flamin' hot, are they actually flamin' hot?

The only ones i think actually have a hint of spicy are the Xtra Hot Cheetos. All the rest are just flavor to me. Ik people that have a hard time eating regular hot cheetos though. Depends on your tolerance for hot food.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
how do you feel about the imitation cheetos that vitners makes? personally i like them more than cheetos these days.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Flamin' hot foods eh. Bet that spice does a number on your ass. You know what would be perfect for you?

a bidet.

send post. 😎

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
zGMz0o8.jpg

Finally found these the other day at the local 7-Eleven. They were fine, I guess, but not a whole lot of heat, salt, or anything else interesting.

Wouldn't bother with again.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Walmart finally had the Flamin Hot Popcorn in stock.

I also managed to nab some Flamin Hot Munchies and some Xtra Flamin Hot Cheetos from Kroger