• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
If someone lives somewhere where Flamin' Hot Munchos are sold, I'll gladly buy them off of you.

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
At my office OP.

New snack shipment contains.

868580_D6_C6_FF_45_B8_B5_CC_60_C60_ED79682.jpg
I need those fritos

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Flamin' Hot Fritos are my new target, seem like the next most likely thing I'll stumble across

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen them at all. I need to be losing weight but damn they're tempting.

I feel you.

My company spends a few thousand a month on snacks. Makes it hard to keep health motivated.

Ramen
Soups
Juices
Chips
Gator aid
Candy
Cereal
Cheese
Wine
Beer
Cookies
Cakes
Some fruit (lol)

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a bag of flamin' hot cheetos for the first time in months due to this thread, and my God, they're so hard to stop eating.

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
I feel you.

My company spends a few thousand a month on snacks. Makes it hard to keep health motivated.

Ramen
Soups
Juices
Chips
Gator aid
Candy
Cereal
Cheese
Wine
Beer
Cookies
Cakes
Some fruit (lol)
That's the only thing I miss about going into an office lol

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
OH SHIT

So the "Baked" Flamin' Hot don't have the traditional logo...

Gotta keep an eye out!

Good onya, Ashodin!

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I tried the baked Flamin' Hot Cheetos out of a curiosity a few months ago. Wasn't a fan. They had heat, but were otherwise bland and dry. If you're going baked, stick with the regular cheese flavor, as it's alright. There are some baked varieties of chips that I enjoy too (e.g. Ruffles baked cheddar chips) but they're often hit and miss.

If I'm doing the Flamin' Hot thing, I'm going for flavor and cutting out 50% of the fat just isn't worth it.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I tried the baked Flamin' Hot Cheetos out of a curiosity a few months ago. Wasn't a fan. They had heat, but were otherwise bland and dry. If you're going baked, stick with the regular cheese flavor, as it's alright. There are some baked varieties of chips that I enjoy too (e.g. Ruffles baked cheddar chips) but they're often hit and miss.

If I'm doing the Flamin' Hot thing, I'm going for flavor and cutting out 50% of the fat just isn't worth it.
Maybe you got a bad batch!

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Had to pick up cat food for lunch (edit: DURING lunch, haha). Didn't see anything new (still no FH Rold Gold Chips, only XXtra hot Cheetos are in multipacks) so decided to try Takis Fuego finally.

That was disappointing. Didn't even get any heat at all till 5 chips in, and by the time I was done the lime was so over powering. Blech. Should have gone for the XXtra Hot Staxx instead.

Last edited:

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Had to pick up cat food for lunch. Didn't see anything new (still no FH Rold Gold Chips, only XXtra hot Cheetos are in multipacks) so decided to try Takis Fuego finally.

That was disappointing. Didn't even get any heat at all till 5 chips in, and by the time I was done the lime was so over powering. Blech. Should have gone for the XXtra Hot Staxx instead.
My supermarket randomly had a display of Takis a couple weeks back (they are gone now though :( ) and I got one Fuego and one Nitro. Definitely try the Nitro if you find them. MUCH better than the Fuego, the heat and lime actually balance nicely and the heat builds up after a couple.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My supermarket randomly had a display of Takis a couple weeks back (they are gone now though :( ) and I got one Fuego and one Nitro. Definitely try the Nitro if you find them. MUCH better than the Fuego, the heat and lime actually balance nicely and the heat builds up after a couple.

I'll give it a try if I see them. Nitro isn't supposed to be as hot though, right?

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I'll give it a try if I see them. Nitro isn't supposed to be as hot though, right?
The Nitro are habanero and the Fuego are "hot chili pepper," my recollection is that the Nitro were definitely hotter but I could be wrong.

edit: after googling the consensus is definitely that Fuego are spicier, which is very strange to me because my experience was the opposite, but there it is

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Nitro are habanero and the Fuego are "hot chili pepper," my recollection is that the Nitro were definitely hotter but I could be wrong.

edit: after googling the consensus is definitely that Fuego are spicier, which is very strange to me because my experience was the opposite, but there it is

No matter, I'll try them, there have been times higher rated hot sauces I've thought were less spicy than those rated lower so could just be a difference in taste buds.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
FbFf2ZY.jpg

They got a itty bitty kick now. hrmm

Skittles sweet heat

mango 5
orange 4
lemon 2
strawberry 4
watermelon 5

*all scores out of 5. If I owned the company I would add a lime flavor.

side review, sour gummy bears are good.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This weekend finally turned up a bag of XXtra Flamin Hot Cheetos at my local Kroger. I was expecting them to be a little more XXtra to be honest, but the spice level was a little higher. If offered the two I'd still pick XXtra, but I'm not gonna be upset if all I find in the future are regular.

This also marks 6 weeks of our Kroger having a space marked for the Rold Gold Chips without actually stocking them.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
GUYS

Habanero

Flamin

Hot

Cheetos

@walmart

Officially my fave. Hot like extra flamin hot but in a better way, and flavor more in line with original

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I ate so many Flamin Hot and Flamin Hot Limon Cheetos in middle school and high school. I have a sense memory of those and World of Warcraft bound together forever in my brain.

Red fingers all day

Flamin' Hot Fritos Impressions
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
THE DAY HAS COME AND SO HAVE I

fwwWrUU.jpg

These Flamin' Hot Fritos are really sommit else. They are super tasty and very different from other Flamin' Hot products.

They smell like normal Fritos, and at first taste almost exactly like normal Fritos, but the flavor of Flamin' Hot creeps up on you and hits you right in the back of the throat. Its really something else, you barely get only spice on the tongue, its almost all relegated to the back of the throat.

That makes it super, super easy to eat, even more so than the Rold Gold Pretzel ones.

The flavor of Flamin' Hot is pretty muted, which is a small ding against it, but the mixture of Fritos flavor and Flamin' Hot flavor really works well, I can see myself buying this multiple times.

Probably my favorite Frito flavor of all their variants.

Deleted member 11157

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
THE DAY HAS COME AND SO HAVE I

fwwWrUU.jpg

These Flamin' Hot Fritos are really sommit else. They are super tasty and very different from other Flamin' Hot products.

They smell like normal Fritos, and at first taste almost exactly like normal Fritos, but the flavor of Flamin' Hot creeps up on you and hits you right in the back of the throat. Its really something else, you barely get only spice on the tongue, its almost all relegated to the back of the throat.

That makes it super, super easy to eat, even more so than the Rold Gold Pretzel ones.

The flavor of Flamin' Hot is pretty muted, which is a small ding against it, but the mixture of Fritos flavor and Flamin' Hot flavor really works well, I can see myself buying this multiple times.

Probably my favorite Frito flavor of all their variants.
Regular flaming hot cheetos are the best, but the Fritos ones are second best. It also feels like they give you more for some reason.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos > Flamin' Hot.

Just had to put that out there.

Sorry.

I feel the Flamin' Hot Cheetos are a bit too vinegar-y for me.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Flaming hot Fritos are the bees knees. Discovered them a few months ago and they're my new go-to.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Regular flaming hot cheetos are the best, but the Fritos ones are second best. It also feels like they give you more for some reason.
even though the bags for Fritos and crunchy Cheetos are the same size, the crunchy Cheetos are more condensed so it seems like there's a lot more Fritos in comparison