• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile in Canada...

NRrUCaK.jpg

Flamin' Hot Habanero Impressions (+ Extras)
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
oe6MkxG.jpg

Flamin' Hot Habanero

Good heat, habanero flavor overpowers the Flamin' Hot a bit, but it melds together well enough. A slight sweetness on the back end.

and some non-Flamin' Hot discoveries:

06UwGX6.jpg

Walmart Great Value brand Burnin' Hot

Generic spicy flavor, the heat doesn't really pull its weight either.

I like that they were kettle chips, tho. But for a buck more you could have the genuine article.

PbuFWDn.jpg

Summertime Ranch

Had too much Flamin' Hot and need to cool down? Dump some ranch in your mouth.

Very sharp ranch flavor, the star shapes are kinda weird but not unpleasant.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i wrote an email to Frito-Lay/PepsiCo inquiring about Flamin' Hot Munchos, something I've been looking for since my odyssey commenced

unfortunately, they informed me that they were discontinued a few years ago

they said there's the possibility they come back at a later date

also, they were very nice and sent me some coupons

that is all

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
This thread literally sparked my journey into the Flamin' Hot universe, after trying Chester's Fries while on vacation in San Diego and now every day I consider buy a bunch of bags off Amazon but these
Meanwhile in Canada...

NRrUCaK.jpg

Are my new addiction. Great flavour with a long spicy after taste. Way better than regular Flamin' Hot

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just had these today for the first time-

yL3K6bO.jpg

They were really good. I still prefer the original though.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
trader joe's just came out with their own version of the flaming hot cheetos. They're really good and you get a good amount in each bag. They taste more like the baked versions though

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally found Flamin Hot Rold Gold Thins today! Bout damn time. There's been a placeholder on the shelf for months.

Also, gonna have to walk back my comment below slightly on this one.

This weekend finally turned up a bag of XXtra Flamin Hot Cheetos at my local Kroger. I was expecting them to be a little more XXtra to be honest, but the spice level was a little higher. If offered the two I'd still pick XXtra, but I'm not gonna be upset if all I find in the future are regular.

I have since had regular FH Cheetos again and... apparently my tolerance has gone through the roof lately because I now see the huge difference in the Xxtra. Don't even wanna bother with regular again.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
trader joe's just came out with their own version of the flaming hot cheetos. They're really good and you get a good amount in each bag. They taste more like the baked versions though
I have been buying these a lot over the past few weeks and I think I might actually like them more than the OG Flamin' Hot Cheetos. They are so good.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
IMG_20180619_115927278.jpg

Not sure if this was posted yet but they're okay. not much of a fan of the baked lays taste

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have been buying these a lot over the past few weeks and I think I might actually like them more than the OG Flamin' Hot Cheetos. They are so good.

Yooooo got some today and yeah they are good. Somewhere between Original Flamin Hot and XXtra Flamin Hot in heat, and much cheesier flavor. I think this will always be on my list when we stop at Trader Joe's.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i dont have a Trader Joe's near me, but the next time I take a trip I'll keep an eye out

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Just noticed that they are selling these at my grocery store. Are these new? Don't remember seeing them before, but I dont eat chips too often.
91G3TDq0nLL._SY550_.jpg

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Just noticed that they are selling these at my grocery store. Are these new? Don't remember seeing them before, but I dont eat chips too often.
91G3TDq0nLL._SY550_.jpg
They're not new, but they haven't been everywhere.

I just got them around me a few months ago, but apparently they've been around for a good bit

I like um.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
They're not new, but they haven't been everywhere.

I just got them around me a few months ago, but apparently they've been around for a good bit

I like um.
Can confirm, I live in Fresno CA and we're a test market, we've had em for 3+years at LEAST.

We got flamin hot ruffles a while back, even further back flamin hot funyons.

Fat4all if theres something you heard about pm me and Ill see if I can find it and send a care package dude.

Oct 26, 2017
You should probably look into ghost face killer beer. I'm pretty sure that's what it's called at least, after the rapper. Ghost chili beer, pretty ridiculous

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Everytime this thread pops up in my watched threads I get excited.

You should probably look into ghost face killer beer. I'm pretty sure that's what it's called at least, after the rapper. Ghost chili beer, pretty ridiculous

I've heard that liquid is the worst way to experience food heat. It just burns your entire everything all the way down.

Hot beer sounds even worse... you get a little relief from the cool/beer part of it, then more heat...

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
DD9lBoG.jpg

These are really interesting.

So, they are thin pretzels with a fairly thick coating of Flamin' Hot on the outside with only a smidgen of salt (most of the saltiness comes from the Flamin' Hot itself).

From the first bite, you get a blast of Flamin' Hot flavor, really nice shit. Hits ya strong on the palette from the get go.

But very quickly the flavor is cut through with the buttery pretzel chip, and it smothers away the spice.

Normally I don't like that, but the shift from Flamin' Hot to butter, and the repeat of this chip after chip, works really well.

It's like every crisp is a palette cleansing for the next blast of Flamin' Hot.

Really nice, very easy to burn through.

I need to try these. Also, this thread is awesome. Subscribed!

Lucky241

Oct 31, 2017
the shores of Carcosa
I've seen a lot of internet hype of flaming hot cheetos. I tried them. They were hot but it was a flavorless heat. Heat for heat's sake. My favorite hot sauces have both heat and flavor.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Finally got to try the XXtra Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Yep, the regular Flamin' Hot has been rendered pointless and obsolete. XXtra is perfect. It actually has the right amount of kick for something that advertises itself as "hot."