• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Here is a Polygon article about it:

You choose two numbers by breaking blocks in an input section and then the magic happens where the numbers are added or substracted. It's chaos but it actually works, you just have to make sure you do not move until the result appears.

This is the level code: C81-8H4-RGG

He is working on an explanation video, but it will take some time (he has a full time job to take care of as well).

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I have no idea how that is working since when the numbers are selected it doesn't really seem like anything is changing other than the stone block breaking, and I can't see what that affects. Very cool.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even wrap my head around how you'd set this up. That's really impressive.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My god that seven segment display is insane. I can't believe that works

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shit like this always amazes me, the amount of knowledge and foresight need do create this is mind-blowing to me amazing.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
And yet I'm struggling with my don't look back stage. Your friend did amazing work here.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Here is a Polygon article about it:

You choose two numbers by breaking blocks in an input section and then the magic happens where the numbers are added or substracted. It's chaos but it actually works, you just have to make sure you do not move until the result appears.

This is the level code: C81-8H4-RGG

He is working on an explanation video, but it will take some time (he has a full time job to take care of as well).

giphy.gif

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Saw the vid the other day. I can't even begin to imagine how that even works. How does breaking blocks trigger the inputs? Is there a hidden binary adder in there or did he hardcode all the answers? How is the timing of the bob-ombs for tge seven-seg display even controlled? So many questions.

Abuguet

Apr 23, 2019
I'm going to need this next time I need to add or substract two single digit numbers. 😂😂😂

Honestly, though, this is really impressive.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
What... Seriously?

How the holy f**k do you start building and manage to actually do something like this. How?

That is some shady Newtonian Harry Potter business there.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
I still don't get how people built literal GPU's in minecraft
Minecraft has logic gate blocks, so being able to design digital circuits in it makes perfect sense. If you know how to design a gpu on paper, then it's not that much of a stretch to do the same in Minecraft.

Edit: Actually looking into it, it's a bit more complicated than I thought. You actually need to combine multiple blocks to get gates. But still, once you know how to build all the gates, you can build any digital circuit that will fit in memory.

Last edited:

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Saw the vid the other day. I can't even begin to imagine how that even works. How does breaking blocks trigger the inputs? Is there a hidden binary adder in there or did he hardcode all the answers? How is the timing of the bob-ombs for tge seven-seg display even controlled? So many questions.
I assume he had to hardcode all the different variations:

Addition+Chart+0-9.JPG

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I think this is a level that even Nintendo devs are going to try out because this is so cool.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I understand absolutely nothing about how it is set up. Please make your friend do a follow-up on their technique

there is literally nothing that makes sense in this video, it's just pure chaos and a number comes out