• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
My review will be going up shortly. I gave it a 7.5/10.

The story is bad and the art style/visuals aren't that compelling but the core gameplay is super addictive. I also really dug how accessible it was - the game is quite easy on Normal difficulty, and even if you're a bit intimidated by games like Hotline Miami this one has a much "fairer" difficulty curve.

A Normal runthrough lasts about 4 hours, btw. I thought that was very fair for the price (£13), and I don't really think a game like this would benefit from being 6-8 hours long.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
My review will be going up shortly. I gave it a 7.5/10.

The story is bad and the art style/visuals aren't that compelling but the core gameplay is super addictive. I also really dug how accessible it was - the game is quite easy on Normal difficulty, and even if you're a bit intimidated by games like Hotline Miami this one has a much "fairer" difficulty curve.

A Normal runthrough lasts about 4 hours, btw. I thought that was very fair for the price (£13), and I don't really think a game like this would benefit from being 6-8 hours long.

Games like this the story is a non issue. It's like buying mario for the story.

As long as the gameplay is good then I'm in

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Games like this the story is a non issue. It's like buying mario for the story.

As long as the gameplay is good then I'm in
I agree. Can't wait to play this tonight. From the first trailer I knew I needed to pre-order as soon as it was available.

If you are a "gameplay first" kind of gamer, this is definitely the best time to be a gamer!

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping it runs well on Switch because that is where I prefer to buy it.
Played two stages so far, unfortunately it isn't 60 fps, but I can't quite tell if it's locked 30 or unlocked 60, some of the menu elements feel like they operate at a smoother framerate and I'm halfway tempted to say it's 40 at times (gonna have to wait on the DF analysis on this one). Haven't had any major performance dips though, it's consistent for the most of the part.

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
I'd like to play it, but when I go to launch it on the switch it says "You cannot play this software yet. Please try again later." I go to the eshop and it shows today is the release date. Totally bummed I couldn't play on the train this morning.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Got it for PC since I've been waiting for this game for a long time. It's a pitty there is no Linux build, hoping it goes well with Steam Proton. (Releasing on Steam in an hour more or less)

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Finally the OT is up!
Looking forward to jumping on this after work, been looking forward to the game for ages.

I'd like to play it, but when I go to launch it on the switch it says "You cannot play this software yet. Please try again later." I go to the eshop and it shows today is the release date. Totally bummed I couldn't play on the train this morning.

Weird I had the same thing when I tried to play it on my lunch break like two hours ago as well (EU)
Hopefully its fully unlocked now.

KoruptData

Oct 25, 2017
Read a review that it runs fine on Switch until one moment where the frame rate drops docked or undocked because the game threw more enemies than normal at you.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The price is right, I have to at least try it.

Any idea what the system requirements are?
0E8fcE7.png

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I had no idea this was out today and I've been keeping an eye out for it. So kinda glad it wasn't live yet just to get that preorder discount. Now unlock!

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone else having trouble starting the game on Switch? It's still telling me that it's not ready to play yet.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like it'd be a fun Deadpool game. Might have to pick it up on Steam! Thanks for the heads up!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Played the first 10 levels and enjoying it so far. The controls take some getting used to but they end up flowing pretty well, and they introduce new stuff at a good rate so far.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
come onnnnn Switch, please unlockkkkkk.

shop usually updates around 10 AM my time so I've got hopefully only 15 minutes left to wait, worked last night and was looking forward to playing a bit before I nap.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Scores and first impressions look in line with what I expected, picking it up tonight. at that price 4 to 6 hours are perfect.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Man, I love Google Translate.

The story (a big word, attention) of My Friend Pedro begins with the meeting with the said Pedro, a banana endowed with the word and the power of levitation, who will follow us throughout the adventure to tell nonsense in our ears and smile to our teeth when our character chained the frags .

I want to play that game.

Terrantino

Oct 27, 2017
Still not ready to go on the switch. Looks like it will unlock at 1pm est.

*EDIT: nvm it works now!

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Played two stages so far, unfortunately it isn't 60 fps, but I can't quite tell if it's locked 30 or unlocked 60, some of the menu elements feel like they operate at a smoother framerate and I'm halfway tempted to say it's 40 at times (gonna have to wait on the DF analysis on this one). Haven't had any major performance dips though, it's consistent for the most of the part.
Oh ffs, i really want to buy this game for switch for an imminent trip but i hate shitty framerate for games like this...

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
The snip from the IGN review on opencritic mentioned a lack of replay value, so I checked the review and...

It is also a short adventure, but the length wouldn't be as much of an issue if there were any sort of incentive to replay on its harder difficulties, such as striving to get those S ranks. There are leaderboards, and sure, bragging rights are great, but it would have been nice to have a few more tangible rewards like unlockable costumes, weapons, or anything to keep me chasing those high scores.

Umm... What? Leaderboards and a grading system apparently don't qualify as incentives for replaying a game. This kind of perspective seems really common these days, and it makes me feel completely out of touch.

Ignoring that bit of weirdness, the game sounds great. I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Played it for a little while. The controls are going to take some getting used to but there's something quite satisfying about it.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Played a bit on the Switch and it feels really good to me.

The shooting is as satisfying as I hoped it would be. Controls are good, too but definitely take some getting used to especially if you want to go fully flashy/crazy, but when I do pull off some super cool shit it feels extra badass.

I keep forgetting to use dodge more than anything, probably because focusing on killing as quickly as possible takes priority in my brain. Thankfully, the game isn't all that hard (at least yet) so I've been surviving.

There's something really addictive about it, too. I think the slow mo, weapon feedback and score system all help that.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Played through some of the first levels, it feels a bit slow and convoluted with all the buttons doing an action. I know there's a lot you can do in the game, but it feels overwhelming.

Also clicking the left stick to switch into Focus mode is weird (I hate clicking down the left stick constantly in games). Though when I went to change it, everything was already used up. Game could've used 1 or 2 less actions and been a bit easier to understand and would make it feel more arcadey.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Mmm... the PC version isn't really good.

You have almost zero video options, the games doesn't go in exclusive fullscreen but only in windowed and borderless window (that is falsely called "fullscreen").

Game is capped at 60fps (with a lot a small spikes to 58-62) and there is no vsync option.

If you force it via nvidia control panel it doesn't seem to work properly, the game is still stuttery like an only capped game in windowed mode.

Even capping the framerate at 60fps with RTTS doesn't change a thing (which usually is a godsend for frame pacing issues).

Since playing with controller is way too tricky (maybe with some Elite paddles would be ok, but with only 4 shoulder buttons is too restricting... and I hate clicking L3 and R3) I tried with m+k, much more fun to play but my God if the mouse cursor is sluggish... is like moving it at 30FPS.

Nope, this isn't good, at all :'(

p.s. I even tried it on my brother PC with a 144hz gsync monitor and is still sluggish, not even the gsync can do miracles on this... (yep, gsync was actived and in windowed mode and I even tried to 60hz mode, still the same).

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I cannot begin to understand what the game is demanding from me to get high level rankings. I'm doing the most bad ass shit, never dying once and finishing with a C or B.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I cannot begin to understand what the game is demanding from me to get high level rankings. I'm doing the most bad ass shit, never dying once and finishing with a C or B.

I think the key is to keep moving fast so you keep your combo counter going, plus not getting hit a lot, doing stylish actions. But yeah same here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure it's going to be chaining enemies together. I've noticed that enemy layouts in some stages seem designed to keep your combo going as long as you kill folks in a certain order.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Mmm... the PC version isn't really good
Ya, I agree with all this. The 60fps cap makes the game feel sluggish and mouse aiming doesn't feel great.

Gameplay-wise, I'm having a lot of fun, it just really needs an uncapped framerate. Like, almost the entire point of the game is to appreciate the stylish animations.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Mmm... the PC version isn't really good.

You have almost zero video options, the games doesn't go in exclusive fullscreen but only in windowed and borderless window (that is falsely called "fullscreen").

Game is capped at 60fps (with a lot a small spikes to 58-62) and there is no vsync option.

If you force it via nvidia control panel it doesn't seem to work properly, the game is still stuttery like an only capped game in windowed mode.

Even capping the framerate at 60fps with RTTS doesn't change a thing (which usually is a godsend for frame pacing issues).

Since playing with controller is way too tricky (maybe with some Elite paddles would be ok, but with only 4 shoulder buttons is too restricting... and I hate clicking L3 and R3) I tried with m+k, much more fun to play but my God if the mouse cursor is sluggish... is like moving it at 30FPS.

Nope, this isn't good, at all :'(

p.s. I even tried it on my brother PC with a 144hz gsync monitor and is still sluggish, not even the gsync can do miracles on this... (yep, gsync was actived and in windowed mode and I even tried to 60hz mode, still the same).

FWIW I didn't experience any of this so far on my work computer (played during lunch). I'm a little bummed it's locked at 60 since I was hoping my GSync 165Hz home monitor would make this glorious, but it still feels fine to me.

EDIT: Or maybe I just didn't notice, if other people are encountering this?