• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
To me an adult angry with their partner because of something that happened in a dream and then going out in a bad mood etc really gives off vibes of emotional abuse.

But surprisingly most people here seem to think it's acceptable or just quirky so I don't know.

Wait, what? Emotional abuse? What in the world?

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, this isn't "break up" worthy, but at the same time...

People saying to apologize? Accept it as a weird quirk? No wonder people talk about their relationships like a prison.

Part of communication is also accepting when you're 100% in the wrong and holding the L. Talking about gaslighting but "apologize even if it isn't your fault"

But again, OP's gf basically took the L and bought an apology gift without him having to remotely take it seriously.

If your partner has a mental illness, that's one thing. Outside of that...? Naw

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, what? Emotional abuse? What in the world?

Sure. OP was probably in a stinky mood all day because his GF was mad at him over her dream. That's emotional abuse. It's not a big deal if it was a one time thing, but if she does other things like this, it could eventually wear down on the relationship and make things untenable at a certain point.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You should just tell her you had a dream where she cheated on you.

I wonder how she'd react to that

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
op ask her what the girl's name was in the dream

then we you have makeup sex you say that name

but for real, i've definitely had dreams that affected me emotionally upon waking up. sometimes it takes a while to really register what went down and rewire yourself from it

Nov 17, 2017
I was thinking about this thread because I had a dream about my girlfriend flirting with some guy last night. I shouldn't have had a banana before bed.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I get this periodically.

I think it's actually kind of a good thing because it shows that I love my wife enough that I'm afraid of losing her. That's really what's driving these kinds of dreams.

I don't get mad at my wife though because I'm mature enough to realize the deeper meaning of these types of dreams don't come from a place of genuine suspicion.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Wuut the fuck? And you guys are okay with your (ex)girls just getting angry at you about something you aren't at fault at all?
You can't do something so stupid to your bf, c'mon.
To clarify, I had dreams that felt real as well, waking up crying and stuff, but after a few minutes you get over them. And to add, I'm extremely emotional, just cried to an Avicii song animation where a dog loved his owner so much that it ran after him in to a battlefield.
I'm not for a break up tho, just really baffled I guess...
Depends what you mean by "okay". The whole episode was dumb, but I laughed my arse off and said the thing about having a counter-dream. She admitted that the whole thing had been dumb, although it took her a few days.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
My wife still does this to me and we're in our 30's now. She's not projecting or emotionally unstable. Just a bit crazy I guess lol. I remember laughing hysterically at her when I first dealt with this, which probably didn't help. Even now I still just poke fun at her about it, in the end it's no big deal. It'll happen, she'll be mad for a bit, and then she'll get over it.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dreams are short windows to various multiverses. You cheated on her, just not in this timeline. She still has the right to be upset.

Nov 17, 2017
Dreams are short windows to various multiverses. You cheated on her, just not in this timeline. She still has the right to be upset.
1565546394354-OA_207_Unit_01655R.jpeg

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
It happens OP I dont know why our minds do this. She'll get over it eventually or have a dream where shes the one cheating. I've had those kinds of dreams with my bf numerous times over the years we just laugh it off.

Now if she keeps running with it and remains or grows more hostile towards you then you might want to have a sit down.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Fam, that's nothing. You ever been woken up out your sleep for cheating on your spouse in her dream? Or even attacked? Those were fun times.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I would bet $100 she is projecting lol.

It's just that ridiculous that she has to be doing something that made her self conscious

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I had a GF who would do things like that, get angry for many reasons that were incomprehensible to me, including this. In the end, we broke up because of it, and it wasn't like the break up was any shock to me.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like one of my ex-girlfriends. She was always suspicious of me cheating on her and would claim to have dreams of me cheating. I never did and guess what? She ended up cheating on me.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Been there. She probably has some sort of insecurity that she needs to work through.
Yeah, it's probably this.

My girlfriend has done this a couple times. Although she qualified it by saying that she knows it's completely irrational, and that she's sorry for seeming mad at me for it. It just affects her mood for a few hours after waking up.

She said it's probably just because most of her past boyfriends had cheated on her.

OP
OP
Dust

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I put Freddy Krueger as her laptop wallpaper and told her she needs to keep it up for weekend to realize what she really should be afraid in terms of dreaming.

1190618-new-freddy-krueger-wallpaper-1920x1200-samsung-galaxy.jpg

She barely even remember the dream now, just a blur and feeling pissed when she woke up. She is generally super chill so she even surprised herself.

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
I had a GF who would do things like that, get angry for many reasons that were incomprehensible to me, including this. In the end, we broke up because of it, and it wasn't like the break up was any shock to me.

You. Are. An. Ass.
It is such typical behaviour of you to write me off as the crazy ex girlfriend due to your reluctance to do the most bare minimum of introspection. But on a goddamn forum we're both on???
I left you because you were an immature toff, and I didn't want to spend the rest of my days coming home to some troglodyte that was always on Era, playing Rocket League, thinking it was okay to make anti semitic jokes to their jewish girlfriend, having tantrums left and right over the most asinine shit, and incapable of articulating their needs and feelings to me. You couldn't even be bothered enough to take out the rubbish while I was away at work or take into consideration my work schedule the next morning whenever we tried to make date night plans. You constantly pissed off our friends by arriving late to everything. You pissed off my flatmate and wrote her off as an extreme racist when you were the one slamming doors at 2am knowing full well she had work the next morning and then leaving me to clean up your mess.
The fact that you immediately turned into a poonhound post breakup just solidifies so much I suspected about you. You lacked so much consideration for anyone that wasn't yourself and always will. I was a bigger fool to have stayed with you.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You. Are. An. Ass.
It is such typical behaviour of you to write me off as the crazy ex girlfriend due to your reluctance to do the most bare minimum of introspection. But on a goddamn forum we're both on???
I left you because you were an immature toff, and I didn't want to spend the rest of my days coming home to some troglodyte that was always on Era, playing Rocket League, thinking it was okay to make anti semitic jokes to their jewish girlfriend, having tantrums left and right over the most asinine shit, and incapable of articulating their needs and feelings to me. You couldn't even be bothered enough to take out the rubbish while I was away at work or take into consideration my work schedule the next morning whenever we tried to make date night plans. You constantly pissed off our friends by arriving late to everything. You pissed off my flatmate and wrote her off as an extreme racist when you were the one slamming doors at 2am knowing full well she had work the next morning and then leaving me to clean up your mess.
The fact that you immediately turned into a poonhound post breakup just solidifies so much I suspected about you. You lacked so much consideration for anyone that wasn't yourself and always will. I was a bigger fool to have stayed with you.
Might wanna take it to PMs...

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You. Are. An. Ass.

Came to say hit the gym but the gym hit me, goddamn.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, just tell her you would never cheat on her. Unless you think you could, then you got problems to deal with.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
You. Are. An. Ass.
Damn your ex dun goofed. That kinda explains the anti Israel sentiments...

Last edited:

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
I had an ex who was told by a fortune teller that I would cheat on her. It made our life miserable and she could never get that shit idea out of her head. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

The dream thing happened many times with her. It massively sucks to be guilt tripped for imagined actions over which you have no control.

Last edited:

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
My wife got mad at me when Bilbo did that thing to his wife in S1 of Fargo. It was wild.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I had an ex who was told by a fortune teller that I would cheat on her. It made our life miserable and she could never get that shit idea out of her head. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

The dream thing happened many times with her. It massively sucks to be guilt tripped for imagined actions over which you have no control.
Honestly most of the people they pull shit like this are trying to coverup for their own infidelity.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
You. Are. An. Ass.
Drag em.

Anti semitic jokes? Drag em.

Status
Not open for further replies.