• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I want kaminari to be one of the big three. If he wasn't constantly matched up against an insulator, things would look mighty different

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
The next Big 3 will be Surgar Man, Shemage, and that business kid with the beehive hair who will transfer into the hero course.

Oct 25, 2017
I want kaminari to be one of the big three. If he wasn't constantly matched up against an insulator, things would look mighty different
Kaminari just needs to become more versatile with his quirk. The new tech helps but he has room for a lot of growth in that area. It doesn't always have to be a blast of electricity. Especially when it seems the excessive output is what causes his brain to fry so quickly. If he could do more varied things with less electricity, he'd be good.

Oh yeah, it doesn't necessarily have to only be three! I suppose it only happened to be the case with the current trio.
And it helps put Class A over by having 1 more person being able to obtain that status. Well, it probably isn't an actual "status" but you know what I mean.

Oct 25, 2017
Kaminari just needs to become more versatile with his quirk. The new tech helps but he has room for a lot of growth in that area. It doesn't always have to be a blast of electricity. Especially when it seems the excessive output is what causes his brain to fry so quickly. If he could do more varied things with less electricity, he'd be good.

Im glad for most everyone Horikoshi has left it clear and pretty obvious how characters can grow in the remaining two years they have in school.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't always have to be a blast of electricity.
Unless it's with the help of some gear, that seems to be what his quirk is. A full body electric discharge. Kind of like how Bakugo can only create explosions with his hands. I could be totally wrong and he can actually train to only discharge from specific body parts, but I like it more if he can't. It would make it more, well, quirky and unique compared to other electric powers. That way, his training will go towards increasing his mental capacity and fine-tuning his control so that he could create smaller, more controlled but still full-body charges. That way, he can Chidori Nagashi his way through melee battles.

Seriously, though, Kaminari needs to learn hand-to-hand combat. Imagine him fighting like that with a Chidori Nagashi cloak then using the pointers for long-range attacks, etc. He'd be awesome.
Next big three is Bakugo, Deku, and Shoto.

It's the obvious answer, but also the right one.
That would be boring too, and also way too predictable. Given the usual surprises we've gotten throughout the series, such as Deku losing and both Shoto and Bakugo failing, I'd be a little surprised if it was the three of them. Plus, we know that Mirio was trash before Nighteye taught him, so it could be someone whose potential hasn't been realized yet at all.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
My son said during the second Deku vs Kacchan fight older Deku was talking like Bakugo was dead

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Deku not be in the top 3 and Todoroki and Bakugo be? The only 2 with no licenses?
I think if Horikoshi makes a big 3 without Deku he would make it without the other 2 too

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
A post-UA timeskip would be a good way to... cut some of the fat out, but Horikoshi would have to be careful not to piss off fans imo

It feels too risky to do one atm, he's building momentum and I can't see a timeskip while they're still at U.A. The only way to not piss off fans imo..
Nah, I think it'll be around 12 months at most to skip second year, for example. Skip it because not much happened and instead just show us how much they've grown since they started while still allowing for non-school events (i.e. villain attacks) to occur.

Would it be a bad way to show character growth via time skip? Like, we know that Endeavor is trying to be a better person now. It would be pretty bad if they just skipped showing us his efforts by jumping straight to the end result, yeah? Would be kinda tricky to do a time skip, I suppose...

...would be to just do a timeskip after their third year, if Kohei decides to keep going. It's possible MHA will be one Shonen without a time skip at all, at least not like going from part 1 to part 2 of Naruto. We might just get a time skip in an epilogue.

The manga will end in the third year, any post UA adventures will be a sequel or spinoff

Yeah, I'm thinking this is the best way to do it if it happens.

Yep.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So...somebody wanna throw a title out there? We going with a general one or something for this arc and updating every so often?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia | General OT| Bakugo is a good character (manga spoilers)

I guarantee you that will attract attention.

Oct 25, 2017

Sure, but we were just entertaining ways to mix it up.

No Deku and 'Big 4' instead of Big 3 creates room for some surprises.

Unless it's with the help of some gear, that seems to be what his quirk is. A full body electric discharge. Kind of like how Bakugo can only create explosions with his hands. I could be totally wrong and he can actually train to only discharge from specific body parts, but I like it more if he can't. It would make it more, well, quirky and unique compared to other electric powers. That way, his training will go towards increasing his mental capacity and fine-tuning his control so that he could create smaller, more controlled but still full-body charges. That way, he can Chidori Nagashi his way through melee battles.

Seriously, though, Kaminari needs to learn hand-to-hand combat. Imagine him fighting like that with a Chidori Nagashi cloak then using the pointers for long-range attacks, etc. He'd be awesome.
I don't know, his quirk allows him to emit electricity at its most basic level. I don't think it has to be a full discharge. It is just how he uses his power. As you said, I could be wrong too though. I just get the feeling it is more a personal thing.

I do think it is important to keep the quirk consistent with the character though. Even though we could come up with more effective ways for them to use their quirk, it would probably go against their style or demeanor. For example, Kaminari isn't the brightest bulb (no pun intended) and he doesn't seem to be notably skilled either. It wouldn't be consistent with his character to come back from a time skip and suddenly use his electricity in imaginative and fancy ways. He is direct and to the point with his quirk. His improvement should reflect that. It should take longer for him to fry his brains, the fried brain effect doesn't last as long, better general control (he was criticized for having a tough time with using his power around his allies), he can output a larger amount of electricity at one time, he comes up with more ways to use his electricity (a single ray of electricity, multiple balls of electricity, Chidori Nagashi, etc...), etc...

Hand to hand competency (combined with his quirk) would help a lot too.

Good luck...

Tokoyami or Tsuyu would sooner be the "4th"
I guess it just depends on how the top students are picked. I'd guess quirk mastery and skill are big factors.

For me, Deku, Bakugo and Todo are the obvious picks. Tokoyami being the closest to making it a Big 4. I just entertained Momo for discussions sake. :P She still has a ways to go with her quirk compared to those 4. To be fair, her quirk is a tricky one though.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
My Hero Academia | OT2| I've got Lemillion Problems but a Quirk Aint One.

Too soon?

Eh, OT2 : something something Sugarman.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're leading up to the hero society falling and something crazy happening. I could see a jail break and the students continuing their studies abroad because Japan isn't safe for them anymore

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're leading up to the hero society falling and something crazy happening. I could see a jail break and the students continuing their studies abroad because Japan isn't safe for them anymore
I think it needs a big shakeup too. It would help to actually give the villains some cred as well. They been pushovers for the most part. I want complete madness from them.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
So...somebody wanna throw a title out there? We going with a general one or something for this arc and updating every so often?

My Hero Academia | OT2| Endeavoring to be Number One

My Hero Academia | OT2| Revelry in the Sun

My Hero Academia | OT2| Class 1-B is not a myth, we swear

My Hero Academia | OT2| Mirio and his Quirky Friends

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
My Hero Academia |General OT2| Class 1-B is a myth, can't ya see?
My Hero Academia | Manga OT2 | *sluuuuuuuurp*
Now how the heck are we supposed to choose between these two?

Okay, well, I'd go with the former. (alternatively we can say "is the best" instead)

So who's doing the OT? If nobody's doing it yet, I'll take it. I like writing long, detailed posts and editing graphics anyway.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
We might need to future proof our title by not mentioning class b in case they disappear for a year after this arc
/s

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Why would Deku not be in the top 3 and Todoroki and Bakugo be? The only 2 with no licenses?
I think if Horikoshi makes a big 3 without Deku he would make it without the other 2 too
We're just speaking hypotheticals, specifically one where Deku isn't around for some reason.
...would be to just do a timeskip after their third year, if Kohei decides to keep going. It's possible MHA will be one Shonen without a time skip at all, at least not like going from part 1 to part 2 of Naruto. We might just get a time skip in an epilogue.
Hmm, I suppose it's entirely possible that we don't get a time skip until the end. Well, a major time skip, anyway. We had one at the start when Deku was training for the U.A. entrance exam.

That begs the question of how the series will end, though, and when an epilogue would be set. Will the series end with Deku becoming #1, or will we see that in the epilogue? I think the most likely thing to happen is that the League is defeated and Deku isn't #1 yet, then we do a time skip to the epilogue.
I don't know, his quirk allows him to emit electricity at its most basic level. I don't think it has to be a full discharge. It is just how he uses his power. As you said, I could be wrong too though. I just get the feeling it is more a personal thing.

I do think it is important to keep the quirk consistent with the character though. Even though we could come up with more effective ways for them to use their quirk, it would probably go against their style or demeanor. For example, Kaminari isn't the brightest bulb (no pun intended) and he doesn't seem to be notably skilled either. It wouldn't be consistent with his character to come back from a time skip and suddenly use his electricity in imaginative and fancy ways. He is direct and to the point with his quirk. His improvement should reflect that. It should take longer for him to fry his brains, the fried brain effect doesn't last as long, better general control (he was criticized for having a tough time with using his power around his allies), he can output a larger amount of electricity at one time, he comes up with more ways to use his electricity (a single ray of electricity, multiple balls of electricity, Chidori Nagashi, etc...), etc...

Hand to hand competency (combined with his quirk) would help a lot too.
By personal do you mean something like Kaminari not believing in himself? I could see that actually being the case... Maybe continuous use of his gear will also let his body get used to only discharging from a specific point and in turn get him to mentally acquaint himself with doing so naturally. If that makes any sense...

Great point about the quirks staying in character with its wielders! I suppose that means my dream of Momo creating a shield out of blades protruding from her body isn't so likely... Unless certain headcanons were to come true. Hmm. Anyway! Given your point on staying in character, would you say that creating an electric sword would be out of character for Kaminari? He said so before that he wanted to be able to do that. It seems too "fine" (in a finesse, fine tuning kind of way") of a move for him to pull, but at the same time... I feel like it would fit his personality.
Should ask SalvaPot if he wants to do the next one.
Cool, cool. SalvaPot You want to do the next OT or is it alright if I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.