• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
When it comes to battle stuff and power I push my bias to the side
Ah, nice. Very cool.

I did a quick run through for 1-A's big three and I was surprised at the total I got for Bakugo and Todoroki. Lower than I expected... Although, not too surprising given how much they need to work on.
Aoyama used his laser against kuroiro what are you talking, when he was caught he couldn't do anything because he can't shoot lasers in his back
Also dropping points of hagakure for only that when she was smart to defeat snipe is unfair when Kaminari did worse like forgetting what his device does and his whole first fight against Ibara
Ah, right. I meant from when he was captured (he could've struggled, another laser buffet could have helped make things harder for Kuroiro or make him lose composure for a bit, etc.) and even the time he did use it was only because Momo commanded him too.

I'm rating them overall, as they are now after everything they've been through. I think Kaminari as he is now is smarter than he was back then during the sports festival. You're right about those two (Snipe, and Kaminari's gadgets) things, though... Hmm. Maybe I'll revisit my ratings then.

How would you rate them?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How would you rate them?
I would put all 3 at 2, 3 would be for people that aren't super strategic but don't do any dumb moves like Tokoyami, 4 for Todoroki, Iida, Mineta etc, people that are very smart in one apsect but limited in some way, 5 for Deku and Momo that are smart in a lot of aspects
Bakugo would ve 4.5 because even if he is a genius in a lot of things he is very limited for others
1 wuld be... I don't know, camie?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I would put all 3 at 2, 3 would be for people that aren't super strategic but don't do any dumb moves like Tokoyami, 4 for Todoroki, Iida, Mineta etc, people that are very smart in one apsect but limited in some way, 5 for Deku and Momo that are smart in a lot of aspects
Bakugo would ve 4.5 because even if he is a genius in a lot of things he is very limited for others
Ohh, okay, yeah. That sounds much better.
1 wuld be... I don't know, camie?
RUDE. But not necessarily incorrect...

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So I read the manga but recently started watching the anime because the animation is fantastic, but I have a question:

I just finished the first half of season 3 and they had the scene with all for one in the prison... did they cut out the line where he mentions that he fought All Might without the use of his eyes, and only using the infrared Ray quirk? I didn't see that in the dialogue and thought they just omitted it or something...

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
So I read the manga but recently started watching the anime because the animation is fantastic, but I have a question:

I just finished the first half of season 3 and they had the scene with all for one in the prison... did they cut out the line where he mentions that he fought All Might without the use of his eyes, and only using the infrared Ray quirk? I didn't see that in the dialogue and thought they just omitted it or something...

Yep, it was cut.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, if no one else has any suggestions on who to feature on the character section of the upcoming OT, I'll be going with the following ten:
  • Deku
  • All Might
  • Bakugo
  • Shoto
  • Momo
  • Kendo
  • Tetsutetsu
  • Monoma
  • Endeavor
  • Hawks

I did, lol. I like him in his non-pervy scenes, especially the ones involving Deku. Plus that one time he broke the fourth wall. That was hilarious.
Is Can't Ya See-kun the special #11? :P

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Random thought, but I hope Bakugo gives each of his teammate a grenade (or two) for their match.

Also, Silfer I just found out that one of the kanji in Tetsutetsu's name means "pierce." You know, like an iron spear piercing a shield. *Real Steel Unstoppable intensifies* Seriously, though, I think we might see that attack in the next match.
Is Can't Ya See-kun the special #11? :P
Maaaybe.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope. But its always better to keep expectations low and be pleasantly surprised.
Yeah that's generally the best attitude to have with everything.
Tsukuyomi (Fumikage Tokoyami)
  • Power: 5
  • Rescue: 4
  • Mobility: 5
  • Intelligence: 4
  • Composure: 5
  • Cooperation: 4
  • Popularity: 4
  • TOTAL: 30
Tokoyami gets a straight up 5 for combat ability cause the boy's a fucking beast. Dark Shadow gives him great reach and his Black Ankh technique makes up for his weakness in close-quarters, plus allows him some sick moves like Sabbath. Rescue is a 4 thanks to Dark Shadow's versatility which would allow him to reach far away civilians, on top of being able to carry more than just one. Mobility is a 5 now too all thanks to Fallen Black Angel. Slightly above average intelligence since he's shown to be pretty clever in battles so far, particularly in the recent match. Tokoyami is also very composed even in high-pressure situations, as seen throughout the series. Even during the camp incident, he did a great job staying as calm as possible. He works well with others but hasn't done anything particularly noteworthy in that regard, so only 4 points. As for popularity, I'd like to think he'll be popular too just like in real life, lol.
Wait so these are if they were to become heroes right now right? Cause if Tokoyami's 16 and he's this strong, there's no room for growth anymore (which we know is supposed to happen due to how quirks work) and it makes the adult heroes look pretty bad. This kind of rating I wouldn't be surprised to see on someone who's at Endeavor's level and if Tokoyami became a hero right now, he wouldn't be top hero candidate straight out the gate.
Random thought, but I hope Bakugo gives each of his teammate a grenade (or two) for their match.

Also, Silfer I just found out that one of the kanji in Tetsutetsu's name means "pierce." You know, like an iron spear piercing a shield. *Real Steel Unstoppable intensifies* Seriously, though, I think we might see that attack in the next match.

Maaaybe.
Interesting. So I guess he'll be more offense-oriented than Kirishima. Also his hero name is Real Steel? That's pretty cool.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair the average hero aren't particularly good and a few of the first years are already better fighters than the average pro

But the rankings are probably students

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
images

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm almost caught up with the manga. I just finished the part where Endeavor fought the Nomu and Dabi. Dabi is going to end up being a son of Endeavor's, isn't he?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I'm almost caught up with the manga. I just finished the part where Endeavor fought the Nomu and Dabi. Dabi is going to end up being a son of Endeavor's, isn't he?
you betcha.

The question isn't really "who" dabi is at this point, it's "how" and "why" he turned out like he did. I'm pretty interested to find out.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Yo hot take while this thread still is used.

In regards to female characters, I think Mina may have actually had the best showing in the Yakuza Arc.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't even bring myself to post sad gifs for Ojiro. Don't care enough about him to do even that.

Yo hot take while this thread still is used.

In regards to female characters, I think Mina may have actually had the best showing in the Yakuza Arc.
I can see that. We learn about her past and watch her stand up to a villain sh can't possibly beat by herself as a middle schooler.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And here's a comment I saw on that picture I posted that I thought was funny.
Shouto: I don't think you've met my daughter yet. Come see my old friend, don't be shy.
Deku: Oh, I wonder what her quirk could possibly be!
Shouto: Well, currently she keeps creating all kinds of toys. Just like her mom at the same age!
Deku: Awwwwww!
Shouto: The catch being they burst into flames as soon as they exist.
Deku: Oh.
Shouto: She hates her grandfather so much.
Deku: …
Shouto: I'm so proud of her.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
If this was an Ow The Edge manga Deku's match would end with Monoma trying to use One For All and blowing up.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Joking aside, Ojiro's incorporating his tail into martial arts looked really cool in the anime. I hope we'll see him do some cool stuff in the next match.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, I'm back for now, you cheese balls. Hope y'all got that Plus Ultra data plan for the new OT. If not... well, post quickly so we'll reach the second page ASAP, lol.
Wait so these are if they were to become heroes right now right? Cause if Tokoyami's 16 and he's this strong, there's no room for growth anymore (which we know is supposed to happen due to how quirks work) and it makes the adult heroes look pretty bad. This kind of rating I wouldn't be surprised to see on someone who's at Endeavor's level and if Tokoyami became a hero right now, he wouldn't be top hero candidate straight out the gate.
Nah, I meant this in the context of the 1-A students only. If we're including the pro heroes, I'd be using a scale of 10 instead. All Might would be that 10. In everything. Hmm, now I'm kind of interested in rating the other pros... Hmm.
Interesting. So I guess he'll be more offense-oriented than Kirishima. Also his hero name is Real Steel? That's pretty cool.
It would be a pretty sweet way for them to establish their own identities, huh? And given how Horikoshi hints at quirks via character names, I'm really inclined to believe that Tetsutetsu is eventually going the offense route. I wonder how he'd look. Maybe... crazy smooth like stainless steel? And yup, that's his hero name. Pretty cool indeed.
The question isn't really "who" dabi is at this point, it's "how" and "why" he turned out like he did. I'm pretty interested to find out.
You bet your ass it's the "how" and "why" that matters. Dang Todoroki family being all cryptic about Toya. Not that I mind, actually. It would be weird for them to suddenly talk about it and go on exposition after exposition out of nowhere.
Invisible person and invisible existence.
WHA--!? RUDE.

FaUxCAX.jpg

And here's a comment I saw on that picture I posted that I thought was funny.
I don't know which I love more, the TodoMomo or the funny.

The TodoMomo of course, hehe.
I dunno why y'all think that's the only use we'll get out of Deku's blood
Probably cause Toga barely got any so she probably doesn't have much left, likely not enough for another go. Well, it's safe to speculate that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.