• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss something? We saw Shinsou's hero costume?
Kind of I guess? It's right on the last page.

Blessed <3
a02YDe9

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a really good Nana panel.

Also I feel bad for Hagakure, author put the gag over her well-being, and now look at her! Poor girl is freezing her butt off.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the theory is fucking stupid.

I mean its certainly an interesting theory but we just went from shadowy silhouettes to immediate time travel shenanigans, thats a hell of a reach based off of how some hair matches up

Thank God some sanity lol

Seriousness I feel like it's such a reach and brings up why they aren't showing two predecessors

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Last thing this series needs is time travel shenanigans. Only time it kinda worked was in the Cell arc.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought that if anything it would be more likely for those two to have family ties to Bakugo and Kirishima than for them to actually be Bakugo/Kirishima.

That's a really good Nana panel.

Also I feel bad for Hagakure, author put the gag over her well-being, and now look at her! Poor girl is freezing her butt off.
Damn I didn't even think of that. Maybe she has something made from her hair now since that has been established as a possibility now. Though I hope she had really really long hair lol cause it's cold. (but how would you even work on making a suit out of invisible material?)

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
One thing I've been wondering about this series... If Anime Tintin managed to hold his own without his quirk against a guy with a completely OP quirk... Shouldn't there be some quirkless heroes out there? It seems that in the MHA universe you can get to superhuman levels of strength and speed simply by training enough. So if you're jacked enough and maybe get the help of a couple of support items you should be more than capable of handling most of the crime that comes your way.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For Shinsou to have is quirk be effective, he'll probably need a way to force his opponent to talk. Maybe the mask helps with that? Not sure how though.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Are the two unknown holders maybe still alive somehow if they can't be seen. Curious. Hopefully no time travel shenanigans though.
Unless they're immortal. I would say no.

Nana would already be damn old around Gran Torino's age. They would be even older then that.

It's kinda sad in someways that AM never connected with the more spiritual side of OfA. He never got to see her again.
Probably has to do with him grasping OfA 100% at the start then growing with it like Deku.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I didn't even think of that. Maybe she has something made from her hair now since that has been established as a possibility now. Though I hope she had really really long hair lol cause it's cold. (but how would you even work on making a suit out of invisible material?)

I dunno man, should've just gave her the Mirio approach from the jump tbh

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017

Thinking about it, shouldn't she be able to make a suit out of her hair like Mirio?

Edit:

Silfer beat me too it, but still.

As for how it could be done, we should have heroes that can see in all sorts of spectrums, so her hair should be visible to at least someone. Hell, maybe inventor girl could make something to see her hair.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno man, should've just gave her the Mirio approach from the jump tbh
Of course, I feel the same. I just meant that there's benefit of the doubt as to whether he had thought of that at the time but now that Mirio exists, there's no real excuse as the concept firmly exists in that world now.

Maybe someone will address it and she'll be like "oh I'm wearing a suit this time" and explain.
As for how it could be done, we should have heroes that can see in all sorts of spectrums, so her hair should be visible to at least someone. Hell, maybe inventor girl could make something to see her hair.
Oh yeah that's a good point.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
One thing I've been wondering about this series... If Anime Tintin managed to hold his own without his quirk against a guy with a completely OP quirk... Shouldn't there be some quirkless heroes out there? It seems that in the MHA universe you can get to superhuman levels of strength and speed simply by training enough. So if you're jacked enough and maybe get the help of a couple of support items you should be more than capable of handling most of the crime that comes your way.

There were. Its just hard to keep up when people have super powers and you don't have batman funding for gadgets. Also there isn't a giant Quirkless population anymore, they only amount to around 20% percent of the current worlds population and that is skewed towards the older generation having more quirkless people than the younger. In Izuku's generation its incredibly rare to not have a quirk of somekind and in the next gen its going to be almost non-existent.

Also everyone trains to almost super human levels of speed and strength in Boku No Hero, and people with money or funding have support equipment for their quirks outside of the good regular stuff and then they have their quirks also. To be quirkless you could be a decent low level street fighter but you would never get public funding for hero equipment and would have to build it all yourself and be a black market dealer and that is evil supplier shit.

There is an old dude who is quirkless and really badass in the Spin-off but he retired awhile ago and was never a licensed hero. You are just at to much a disadvantage in MHA when you don't have billionaire level money to support you to keep up with super powered people and build you mech-suits.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, I feel the same. I just meant that there's benefit of the doubt as to whether he had thought of that at the time but now that Mirio exists, there's no real excuse as the concept firmly exists in that world now.

Maybe someone will address it and she'll be like "oh I'm wearing a suit this time" and explain.

Turns out she sadly has Alopecia Universalis, so it is impossible.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

I mean both times we scene a suit that goes with quirks, its from adults. Night-eye paying for Mirios and Aizawa having his scarf. I think Mount Ladies Clothes are the same also. I'm not sure the option is available to students in case they flunk out of hero course. It made sense for Mirio to have it because he was in his last year and was already in line to be in Nighteye's hero agency.

We will know for sure how things work if Shinso's quirk works with his scarf like Aizawa's or is a regular version of the scarf. That to me would say that you need a Hero Liscene to get access to that technology. I mean it doesn't seem like something that would be available to the general public. Tech-gene coded or infused seems like government protected stuff that is made at request of licensed people.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Someone check Monoma's neck or something, geez. Aizawa didn't have to go that hard.

That went by fast. Combat training, a potential Shinso promotion, OfA mysteries..I'm super excited for everything.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
There were. Its just hard to keep up when people have super powers and you don't have batman funding for gadgets. Also there isn't a giant Quirkless population anymore, they only amount to around 20% percent of the current worlds population and that is skewed towards the older generation having more quirkless people than the younger. In Izuku's generation its incredibly rare to not have a quirk of somekind and in the next gen its going to be almost non-existent.

Also everyone trains to almost super human levels of speed and strength in Boku No Hero, and people with money or funding have support equipment for their quirks outside of the good regular stuff and then they have their quirks also. To be quirkless you could be a decent low level street fighter but you would never get public funding for hero equipment and would have to build it all yourself and be a black market dealer and that is evil supplier shit.

There is an old dude who is quirkless and really badass in the Spin-off but he retired awhile ago and was never a licensed hero. You are just at to much a disadvantage in MHA when you don't have billionaire level money to support you to keep up with super powered people and build you mech-suits.

That makes sense, thanks for the write-up. I haven't read the spin-off since I'm not usually too hot on those so I guess I missed some of that.

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
Why is the younger brother considered the first user of OfA again? I mean if AfO gave the quirk to him, wouldn't that make him technically be the first owner? Or is AfO capable of making quirks from nothing? >_<

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why is the younger brother considered the first user of OfA again? I mean if AfO gave the quirk to him, wouldn't that make him technically be the first owner? Or is AfO capable of making quirks from nothing? >_<
If I understand it correctly, "One for All" is the combination of Stockpiling Energy and Transfering Power. And I think All for One only gave him the Stockpiling Power while the younger brother only had the transfering power, which is a weaker version of All for One's power (who can give and steal seemingly at will). So then that combo became OFA.

Though I think All For One even referred to himself at one point as the origin of OFA so we can call him Owner Zero cause that sounds cool lol.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kendou costume is so awesome, I the girls costumes are always a point of disconfort for some here but Kohei certainly nailed bothe her summer and winter costumes, best student costume imo
They could, but why waste resources training quirkless people when you can train people with quirks? And it isn't like quirkless people can't try joining hero schools, Deku was going to try the UA hero course regardless of getting a quirk

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Momo's new costume is a massive upgrade. Shinsou is using Present Mic's tech, which makes sense.

The silhouette looking exactly like Bakugou is obviously not an accident, so it's either foreshadowing or a fakeout. The other one is definitely not Kirishima now that we've seen it head-on.

The whole "stop looking down on me" thing makes me think a transfer does happen at some point (even if temporary), because that's literally the position All Might was in relative to Deku when he did the YOU CAN BECOME A HERO speech.

Oct 25, 2017
They could, but why waste resources training quirkless people when you can train people with quirks? And it isn't like quirkless people can't try joining hero schools, Deku was going to try the UA hero course regardless of getting a quirk
But would he have made it in? WE've already seen people with useless quirks not make it through, like the failure that was Gentle.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also the rest of the class B costumes are also cool, now I am more interested about Tokage and the Shroom girl quirks
But would he have made it in? WE've already seen people with useless quirks not make it through, like the failure that was Gentle.
That is my point, if the school think that you aren't suitable they aren't going to train you

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a good idea that the thing around Shinsou neck/mouth is voice modulator. He could make someone think that someone like Aizawa is talking to them in order to get someone to speak if they aren't paying attention. Like he could call for someone around a corner and they respond, not knowing it was him.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a good idea that the thing around Shinsou neck/mouth is voice modulator. He could make someone think that someone like Aizawa is talking to them in order to get someone to speak if they aren't paying attention. Like he could call for someone around a corner and they respond, not knowing it was him.

That sounds really cool. Detective Conan-style lol

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Kendo was ready to chop his ass, but Aizawa beat her to it

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Ooh, that'd be pretty dope.

I love him so much, because he's got nothing to back up his trash talk.

f49wVLW.png

Such a shithead, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.