• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Hori got mixed up twice in the opposite direction by misspelling "mean" as "meen" and giving Tetsutestu's hero name as Real Steal.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
How... how do you not check with a native English speaker on that?

Unless it was intentional.

Also, very meta:

E3vDajx.png

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Massive bummer that Aizawa not only didn't lecture Momo but the rest of her team too. What's up with that? I do like that Komori was actually sorry for what she did, and that Tokoyami seems to hold a tiny grudge against her for that. And that he feels a kinship with Shoto because of the pros they worked under. And that they're making this into a head-on fight. Basically, I like this chapter.

It's gonna be a nice change of pace to have a more straightforward match.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, that's a good point about us not seeing Aizawa talking to them. That would be unfortunate if he skips that.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Really hope he lectures them in future chapters. Vlad for his class too, beyond just telling them to keep destruction to a minimum. That makes me wonder how effective Manga will be in urban areas, though... Well, he can make effects happen so there's at least that--which is already really powerful.

Any ideas what technique Endeavor was trying to teach Shoto? My gut says we'll see it in this match.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope he lectures them in future chapters. Vlad for his class too, beyond just telling them to keep destruction to a minimum. That makes me wonder how effective Manga will be in urban areas, though... Well, he can make effects happen so there's at least that--which is already really powerful.

Any ideas what technique Endeavor was trying to teach Shoto? My gut says we'll see it in this match.
Either Prominence Burn or something even stronger, that requires simultaneous use of the ice-power to keep him from 'overheating'.

----
In somewhat unrelated, but slightly related news, yesterday was the first episode of Karakuri Circus, aka another adaption of a 90ies/20ies shonen manga by Fujita (Ushio and Tora).
First episode was fantastic.
So, what I want to say is: Do you know who is making the soundtrack for it? You've guessed right, it's Hayashi Yuki, who also made the MHA soundtrack! (and also Haiykuu, Gundam Build Fighters, Kiznaiver, etc)

Opening is great too.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna echo the complaints of there not being a lecture, it was frankly the main thing I looked forward to as I wait for the 2nd Shinsou match. Especially since I really wanted to hear them go in on Class A, because they blew it.

I don't often say stuff like this, but... we didn't need that convo with Deku, Bakugo, and All Might. At least, not now. Maybe like after the 4th match or something. All we really got out of is a reminder that Bakugo has become increasingly tsundere. We didn't learn anything new. Instead of showing that, that could've easily been panels used on showing the lecture/advice portion that we were expecting. It just stuck out to me since we only had 11 pages to work with...

The unexpected connection Tokoyami feels he has with Todoroki was interesting.

Other than that, not much else to say. But looking at both teams, this doesn't feel like it'll be very exciting as far as quirk interactions go. The emphasis on it being a more straightforward match doesn't particularly catch my interest at first glance. Anyways, guess we'll see.

I'm just glad to see some Shoji.

Oh my god, do you Shoji stans ever stop ;D

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Either Prominence Burn or something even stronger, that requires simultaneous use of the ice-power to keep him from 'overheating'.
Probably, yeah. It's Endeavor's last resort move, so I think Shoto would be the only one to pull it off successfully, so to speak. Shit. What if Dabi does it? Imagine the destruction...

I don't know what that is but I saw "BUMP OF CHICKEN" flash by so I'm gonna listen to that later.
I don't often say stuff like this, but... we didn't need that convo with Deku, Bakugo, and All Might. At least, not now. Maybe like after the 4th match or something. All we really got out of is a reminder that Bakugo has become increasingly tsundere. We didn't learn anything new. Instead of showing that, that could've easily been panels used on showing the lecture/advice portion that we were expecting. It just stuck out to me since we only had 11 pages to work with...
Yeah, I thought it might've been what caused the lack of a lecture. I like it for what it is, but it didn't have to be done this chapter.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Decent chapter. Highlights: Bakugo interested in Deku progression and those robots.
Disappointed as well we didn't get a lecture.
Curious what Shoto learned, but more curious for Pony's horn cannon which is hopefully like this
giphy.gif

In somewhat unrelated, but slightly related news, yesterday was the first episode of Karakuri Circus, aka another adaption of a 90ies/20ies shonen manga by Fujita (Ushio and Tora).
First episode was fantastic.
So, what I want to say is: Do you know who is making the soundtrack for it? You've guessed right, it's Hayashi Yuki, who also made the MHA soundtrack! (and also Haiykuu, Gundam Build Fighters, Kiznaiver, etc)
Not familiar with the manga, but saw it yesterday and really liked.

Last edited:

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
TetsuTetsu banging around on steel pipes was funny.

Gotta say, I'm sick of characters being like "uhh I've lost this trainig exercise I'm fucking pathetic". Tokoyami did it this chapter despite fighting 2 vs 6 with Momo.

Deku saying he "hopes" he has gotten better is also annoying when he btfo Gentle last arc.

EDIT: Also, Bakugo shouting at AM like that is bizarre.

Last edited:

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Wouldn't prominence burn kill a student? Seems like an over-the-top move to use in training.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Massive bummer that Aizawa not only didn't lecture Momo but the rest of her team too. What's up with that? I do like that Komori was actually sorry for what she did, and that Tokoyami seems to hold a tiny grudge against her for that. And that he feels a kinship with Shoto because of the pros they worked under. And that they're making this into a head-on fight. Basically, I like this chapter.

It's gonna be a nice change of pace to have a more straightforward match.

He can't lecture an unconscious person.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good chapter. I also wanted lectures.
I like that Tokoyami feels he and Todoroki can relate. Didn't expect to see an Endeavor flashback but it's really interesting. Gotta wait for Viz but the language made it seem Touya was alive as of that flashback. He'd probably still be alive now too.

Poor Viz btw, first Manga and now Pony speaking English lol. Though funnily enough, Caleb Cook's dealt with that already with another series recently.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I need to find Volume 16 in Japanese still since I can't catch up until I read it, but it seems to be sold out everywhere and only available in English online :(

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Page 5 is another example of why I think Bakugou's being written as a closeted gay kid.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Momo wakes up with a "get gud" post-it note on her forehead.

Yeah Momo can't get scolded yet because she is still out of it. Tokoyami doesn't really have much to scold. Hagakure and Aoyama need to get the scolding. Hagakure got a handy cap because the mushroom girl kinda ruined her plan of sneaking because the mushrooms revealed her position.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had to go back and reread that page. How did anything in that page send up flags? He was scolding the both of them for talking about important shit out in the open.
Its the same flag as when he laid into Deku after their fight. That he keeps getting mad about their lack of discretion is something that pops out to me because it would make sense that a closeted guy would be sensitive to it.

Theres other stuff (mostly in the supplementary material) pointing to it but I think its really just insanely good characterization.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Momo can't get scolded yet because she is still out of it. Tokoyami doesn't really have much to scold. Hagakure and Aoyama need to get the scolding. Hagakure got a handy cap because the mushroom girl kinda ruined her plan of sneaking because the mushrooms revealed her position.
Maybe initially, but she willingly revealed her own position when she started yelling at Manga while sneaking up on him. That had nothing to do with the mushrooms.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Todo's move will be a full outward blast of his fire and ice simultaneously. I doubt he will copy Endev's move for several reasons.

I also get the feeling while this match will be decided by a head on confrontation, sly tactics will still be weaved in and make or break the teams.

I liked Shemage being concerned for Toko. That was cute. I also liked Toko saying what he said to Todo.

I'm just glad to see some Shoji.
Say it.

I think he will be a key component to their victory. The focus is being put on Ilda and Todo, but don't let Shoji slip under your radar.

Tail boy will just be used to put over Team B. :P

Momo wakes up with a "get gud" post-it note on her forehead.
lmao

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing OFA will "activate on its own" again during Deku's fight. Also even more convinced that Dabi is Touya.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the spoilers were actually pretty inaccurate this time around. Thought Shemage was going to get scolded, but it was her comforting Tokoyami and apologizing. Huge difference.

Shinzo didn't reprehend her either, it was just him being surprised at the lengths the students go to with Aizawa reaffirming that this is what it means to be in the hero course.

God, UA would be screwed without Recovery Girl.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Glad Mushroomgirl didn't get scolded. That would've been dumb. I was also upset that Aizawa didn't talk to 1A but Tokoyami did mostly fine and Momo is passed out. Nobody cares about the other 2 scrubs.

Guys I don't believe it, Shoji said something this chapter. We can remember he exists now! That Allmight, Deku, and Bakugou scene was super useless. Almost like it was there to give them some page time.

The real highlight was of course Todo and Endeavor stuff. Not the beatings but the info. Super curious about the secret moves. Also have Todo and Tokoyami shared a conversation before this? I feel like they haven't . We need more of that. Good chapter overall.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So it is basically confirmed that Pony and that B class plain guy have combat oriented quirks, 1-a has the advantage of having Todoroki if it comes down to power vs power and Shoji for the extra search ability
That being said, I noticed that the team with the "powerhouse" lost, 1st with Ibara and 2nd with Tokoyami. That is good because it shows that teamplay is more important than pure power and skill
How do the other schools manage without the massive funding ua get and recovery girl but I guess that's why UA is the top
They don't, remember the gentle incident

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing OFA will "activate on its own" again during Deku's fight. Also even more convinced that Dabi is Touya.
At this point, it would be more shocking if Dabi wasn't Touya.

It's so obvious and foreshadowed, that I hope it isn't treated like a huge surprise when it's revealed like
Tobi = Obito was.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just because it won't be a surprise to us it doesn't mean it won't be for the characters
Depends on which characters. You'd think Endevour would already know considering "Touya's flames were greater than mine" and Dabi is running around with blue flames, which are hotter flames than red.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017

Tokoyami is the reason they lost, and he acknowledges that.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, blaming the whole thing on Tokoyami seems a bit much, especially considering Aoyama's contributions to the match and the overall lack of a plan 1-A had for most of the match. They were mostly just on defense the whole time. That and he had no way of knowing that Shemage could do that, so wouldn't have thought to knock her out in what is essentially just a class skirmish.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Eh, blaming the whole thing on Tokoyami seems a bit much, especially considering Aoyama's contributions to the match and the overall lack of a plan 1-A had for most of the match. They were mostly just on defense the whole time. That and he had no way of knowing that Shemage could do that, so wouldn't have thought to knock her out in what is essentially just a class skirmish.

Being on defense was the point of Yaoyorozu's growth and she allowed Tokoyami the chance to win. Plus, Kendou's plan used less-than-ideal strategies, as noted in this chapter.

In any case, he committed the match's most glaring mistake. Someone that releases spores from their body is not left useless while immobilized.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
At this point, it would be more shocking if Dabi wasn't Touya.

It's so obvious and foreshadowed, that I hope it isn't treated like a huge surprise when it's revealed like
Tobi = Obito was.
Yeah if he's not Touya then I wonder what the explanation would be. I'm very curious.
There's still a chance he isn't Touya though considering Endeavor would probably know already and there was that panel of Shoto saying "Dabi" in his own mind as though he didn't make any connection. But then maybe Shoto didn't have any interaction with Touya at all.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
"I am quietly here!"
I'll love you forever, All Might.

Liking the moment between Tokoyami & Todoroki.

Oooh, secret technique. Wonder what it could be. All out flame attack? Ice/fire move? Hm.

I, too, wanted a lecture, but with Momo out & Tokoyami...not having much to scold over(?), I guess it can't be helped. I feel like the conversation with Aoyama & Hagakure would've/will go something like this

ky1zqks2bfuz.gif

Let's goo, head on fight for this 3rd match.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dabi being a friend of Toya that somehow inherited his quirk is also a possibility
Remember that he was knocked out when AFO showed himself so they knowing each other isn't impossible

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting Tetsutetsu is going to act as unwitting bait for B

I guess Juzo thing that he's an adaptive and flexible person at least we get a character

Also pony speaks English when she's angry

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, neat little thing I noticed on rereading. Sen called Honenuki by his given name, not his surname. Given that Kendo called him by his surname during the training camp, I think it's safe to assume that Honenuki and [Sen] Kaibara are close friends. This'd be the first time male students called each other by their first names. I like it!
Curious what Shoto learned, but more curious for Pony's horn cannon which is hopefully like this
giphy.gif
God, that would be so cool.
Gotta say, I'm sick of characters being like "uhh I've lost this trainig exercise I'm fucking pathetic". Tokoyami did it this chapter despite fighting 2 vs 6 with Momo.
I think you're taking things a little too far by saying Tokoyami thinks he's pathetic. It's only natural to be ashamed of failing when you started off at a high position like that. It's the same with how Momo's confidence broke due to her being a recommended student like Shoto but falling so far behind him. Imagine having had the chance to get above your classmates through experience they might not have had, then ending up losing to them. It's like if Soma failed to someone who didn't have the real-world experience of running a diner.
EDIT: Also, Bakugo shouting at AM like that is bizarre.
I thought it was amusing, heh. He's shouted at him before, though, like that time he scolded All Might for almost getting crushed by the debris during their training class.
Wouldn't prominence burn kill a student? Seems like an over-the-top move to use in training.
That's true, but then Bakugo's explosions seem to harm his classmates too much too, so... Shonen.
He can't lecture an unconscious person.
That's a fair point... Maybe they're waiting til she's conscious so that he can lecture them all together. Would be inefficient to lecture 3/4 only, especially since it's a team effort.
I think Todo's move will be a full outward blast of his fire and ice simultaneously. I doubt he will copy Endev's move for several reasons.
I wonder what are the chances of Shoto using the same move he pulled at the end of his match with Deku. Whichever it is, it'll most likely be a special move he can only do with simultaneous activation of his quirk. He's been working on doing that since the Stain fight, so I think it's about damn time he's made some significant progress with that. Perhaps it'll be a reverse of Prominence Burn, though. We know he doesn't want to follow in Endeavor's footsteps, so maybe he'll do something so frigid and cold that he absolutely needs his flames to keep him (and his teammates?) alive and functioning.

Yeah... Do something only my boy Iceman can do.
I also get the feeling while this match will be decided by a head on confrontation, sly tactics will still be weaved in and make or break the teams.

I think [Shoji] will be a key component to their victory. The focus is being put on Ilda and Todo, but don't let Shoji slip under your radar.
Shoji will probably be the sly factor to this. It fits well with his character and skills. Although, at the same time, I'd love it if he surprised 1-B by showing his physical power too. Maybe take on Sen one-on-one, who's implied to be a power-up type.
God, UA would be screwed without Recovery Girl.
Lmao, yeah. I like that Aoyama brought that up very early into the series. Pretty good move to do it with one of the most excessively dangerous moments too. (for those who don't remember it's the first time Deku used One For All)
Shoji said something this chapter. We can remember he exists now!
FarCornyEuropeanfiresalamander-max-1mb.gif

That's taking it a bit too far, I think. It wouldn't be fair on him either given that Hagakure and Aoyama not contributing much to the team really hurt his and Momo in terms of how much work they had to do. Sure, he was wrong to not straight up take out the dangerous opponent, but his underestimating her didn't cost them the match exactly. He was their last hope, but that was only because the others failed.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how good Bakugo's winter costume is. I hope he never goes back to his other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.