• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Tbh I'm rooting for Gentle and La Brava. Deku's a good boy I guess but I don't find him particularly interesting. I prefer most of the side characters (fuck Mineta tho). Gentle's pretty cool, I hope he wins,

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Great chapter, love how Deku is adapting mid-fight.

---
Episode 38 - Encounter

dvrIS3o.gif

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
MMM. SEASON 3 POSTER FEATURING MY TOP THREE FAVORITE CHARACTERS AND TOP TWO FAVORITE SHIPS NEXT TO EACH OTHER.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Kendo!
Nejire!
Analytical Deku!
La Brava's Quirk! Must say it was a liiiittle underwhelming, but it makes sense. Also does that mean Lovelover wasn't actually that wrong a translation? Lol.
Still really digging this arc.

MMM. SEASON 3 POSTER FEATURING MY TOP THREE FAVORITE CHARACTERS AND TOP TWO FAVORITE SHIPS NEXT TO EACH OTHER.

So you're shipping Deku with Bakugou and Todoroki with Uraraka, so that you can have Momo for youself?
Well okay, I guess.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This arc is almost reaching kamino levels of hype for me, Deku was fighting so smartly, this fight we saw the 2 parts of him: The madman that can't give up and the strategist that can see things out of the box.
Also Kendou looking cool
No seriously, is La Brava an adult or not
She is, I never had a doubt but this chapter just confirmed because she at least graduated from middle school 5 years ago, so 20 years?
My problem with the Overhaul is that MHA is at its best when the characters rely on strategy rather than brute force and asspulls. Overhaul was just soooo loong
That fight wasn't meant to be the hype one, Mirio vs Overhaul was, that fight was much more about Eri finally going against her abuser, after that it became a stomp.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This arc is almost reaching kamino levels of hype for me, Deku was fighting so smartly, this fight we saw the 2 parts of him: The madman that can't give up and the strategist that can see things out of the box.
Also Kendou looking cool

She is, I never had a doubt but this chapter just confirmed because she at least graduated from middle school 5 years ago, so 20 years?

That fight wasn't meant to be the hype one, Mirio vs Overhaul was, that fight was much more about Eri finally going against her abuser, after that it became a stomp.
The thing is that i didn't think that fight was that great compared to other MHA Fights

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Bruh what?
Chapter shows her in first year of middle school getting her heart broken by the dude she stalked and then she says after that she stopped believing in anything or whatever and right before that we see a graduation album while she was watching Gentle's videos which led to her becoming enamored with him. That to me implied that she had recently graduated middle school when she's watching that.
I'm gonna legitimately curious as to where in this chapter you get that she graduated 5 years ago at least. Cause then I missed something.
Edit: Wait nevermind, remembered that Gentle's been doing this for 6 years and that video she's watching looks like the first one since he says nice to meet you. Yeah seems she's an adult for sure lol

Last edited:

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
While Iv enjoyed the villain due the last couple chapters. Deku has honestly really impressed me. Using his head quite a bit and dat speed to move his arm to block both the chop and set himself up for a counter attack, love it.

His last line
"Iv fought a lot of people stronger and faster then you I HAVENT LOST YET".
Absolute Madman.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Which is why I want him to lose. He got one loss in the Sports Festival but it's time for him to lose to a real villain.

Deku is already lacking in self confidence, don't need to see him go down. I just want the clean win with his own power which if he does beat him here, it would be his first.

Oct 25, 2017
Gentle is a real villain and people want midoriya to lose to him? Yawn. Lose to a character which will have true consequences and implications for his character, something of the same level as ingenium or mirios consequence for losing.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gentle is a real villain and people want midoriya to lose to him? Yawn. Lose to a character which will have true consequences and implications for his character, something of the same level as ingenium or mirios consequence for losing.
Please no, not every fight need to be so high stakes for losing, and it isn't like Gentle winning won't have consequences, it is just that the consequences will affect other people more than Deku, but that shouldn't matter because Deku is a hero and letting other people be affected by something that he could stop is even worse for him than something that affects him directly.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Deku is already lacking in self confidence, don't need to see him go down. I just want the clean win with his own power which if he does beat him here, it would be his first.
His self confidence issue is something I don't really care about personally with this specific fight because all his previous wins and all the people he's saved haven't helped with that. And even if he loses, he has clearly gained Gentle's respect so maybe Gentle would make a comment that would help him with that.
If he wins and becomes more confident then cool but if not then meh
Also enjoyed the use of the power of love troupe. Making it a quirk.
Yeah I really like that too.
Also, imagine how powerful La Brava would be after listening to this

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like the idea of an easily attached fangirl's power being strengthening someone she loves.
And then Deku will teach her to love herself and La Brava Top 4 Pro Hero.

Mar 21, 2018
Decent chapter on the whole but maaaaaan Horikoshi continues to be terrible at writing female characters. The beauty pageant aside (the only salvageable note there was the invention chick being happy in her unkempt state) La Brava's quirk being not only love based but something she gives to someone else rather than having her own strength and agency is indefensible. I know Horikoshi worships Oda (and rightly so) but I wish he'd be influenced by his more salient points and not his worst.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say it's convenient this arc has been pretty in your face about her love for Gentle.

That doesn't mean it had to be represented as a literal quirk. Found it very underwhelming. It effectively anchors her to Gentle more than I already thought was possible, among other issues.

Well I don't see how that is convenient when we got to see hints about it before, it being lame is personal taste

Agree to disagree.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Deku looks scary in this panel.

vMbNOIr

The eyes of someone whose seen some shit.

Gentle copying La Brava with the eyeliner is so cute <3

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Decent chapter on the whole but maaaaaan Horikoshi continues to be terrible at writing female characters. The beauty pageant aside (the only salvageable note there was the invention chick being happy in her unkempt state) La Brava's quirk being not only love based but something she gives to someone else rather than having her own strength and agency is indefensible. I know Horikoshi worships Oda (and rightly so) but I wish he'd be influenced by his more salient points and not his worst.
She'll learn to love herself damn it! Well at least I hope that's the turn it takes in the future. Also, glad to see you also read MHA!
Deku looks scary in this panel.

vMbNOIr

The eyes of someone whose seen some shit.
Would you say they're the eyes...of an Absolute Madman?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The My Hero Academia OT Anime Re-Watch Schedule
Don't hesitate to jump into the rewatch late for whatever reason. Or even to tune in for specific episodes that you love.
  • Feb. 22: Episode 01 - Izuku Midoriya: Origin
  • Feb. 23: New Chapter Friday
  • Feb. 24: Episode 02 - What It Takes to Be a Hero
  • Feb. 25: Episode 03 - Roaring Muscles
  • Feb. 26: Episode 04 - Start Line
  • Feb. 27: Episode 05 - What I Can Do For Now
  • Feb. 28: Episode 06 - Rage, You Damned Nerd
  • Mar. 01: Episode 07 - Deku vs. Kacchan
  • Mar. 02: New Chapter Friday
  • Mar. 03: Episode 08 - Bakugo's Starting Line
  • Mar. 04: Episode 09 - Yeah, Just Do Your Best, Iida!
  • Mar. 05: Episode 10 - Encounter with the Unknown
  • Mar. 06: Episode 11 - Game Over
  • Mar. 07: Episode 12 - All Might
  • Mar. 08: Episode 13 - In Each of Our Hearts
  • Mar. 09: New Chapter Friday
  • Mar. 10: Episode 14 - That's the Idea, Ochaco
  • Mar. 11: Episode 15 - Roaring Sports Festival
  • Mar. 12: Episode 16 - In Their Own Quirky Ways
  • Mar. 13: Episode 17 - Strategy, Strategy, Strategy
  • Mar. 14: Episode 18 - Cavalry Battle Finale
  • Mar. 15: Episode 19 - The Boy Born with Everything
  • Mar. 16: New Chapter Friday
  • Mar. 17: Episode 20 - Victory or Defeat
  • Mar. 18: Episode 21 - Battle on, Challengers!
  • Mar. 19: Episode 22 - Bakugo vs. Uraraka
  • Mar. 20: Episode 23 - Shoto Todoroki: Origin
  • Mar. 21: Episode 24 - Fight on, Iida
  • Mar. 22: Episode 25 - Todoroki vs. Bakugo
  • Mar. 23: New Chapter Friday
  • Mar. 24: Episode 26 - Time to Pick Some Names
  • Mar. 25: Episode 27 - Bizarre! Gran Torino Appears
  • Mar. 26: Episode 28 - Midoriya and Shigaraki
  • Mar. 27: Episode 29 - Hero Killer: Stain vs U.A. Students
  • Mar. 28: Episode 30 - Climax
  • Mar. 29: Episode 31 - The Aftermath of Hero Killer: Stain
  • Mar. 30: New Chapter Friday
  • Mar. 31: Episode 32 - Everyone's Internships
  • Apr. 01: Episode 33 - Listen Up!! A Tale from the Past
  • Apr. 02: Episode 34 - Gear up for Final Exams
  • Apr. 03: Episode 35 - Yaoyorozu: Rising
  • Apr. 04: Episode 36 - Stripping the Varnish
  • Apr. 05: Episode 37 - Katsuki Bakugo: Origin
  • Apr. 06: Episode 38 - Encounter
  • Apr. 07: SEASON 3 PREMIRE!!!!! Episode 39 - Game Start
Episode 38 - Encounter
  • Dabi being someone who's convinced by Stain's ideology would tie well to him being Endeavor's son considering Stain hates Endeavor as he stands for what is wrong with heroes and Endeavor's children know that.
  • It's fun to see them hang out as a class like that...but the very concept of that is so funny to me cause that's just not a thing in real life.
  • Shigaraki encounter is fantastic. Love it. And it's cool that Deku is unfortunately the one to make things clear for Shigaraki and thus more dangerous for the world.
  • "I can't do this anymore" Hearing Midoriya's mother say those words always hits me hard.
  • Shoto on that Strawberry Milk
MVP........Stain
Ranking:
Deku - 6
Ochaco - 5
Stain - 4
Bakugo - 4
All Might - 3
Aizawa - 3
Midnight - 2
Iida - 2
Kirishima - 2
Todoroki - 2
Yaoyorozu - 1
Kendo - 1
Shinso - 1
Ojiro - 1
Tokoyami - 1

(From the anime thread)
If all goes well, we're getting the next HxH Episode 131 this season.

Lotus what do you mean? Do you mean All Might vs AFO is on par with that or just a similar vibe?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just quality wise, assuming they give it their all, will give me basically I want out of an episode. Where you'll look back at it and think "Yea, this was the best anime episode this year." (Although 131 was straight up the best episode of 2014, anime or otherwise, but yea, I can settle lol)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just quality wise, assuming they give it their all, will give me basically I want out of an episode. Where you'll look back at it and think "Yea, this was the best anime episode this year." (Although 131 was straight up the best episode of 2014, anime or otherwise, but yea, I can settle lol)

Gotcha. Yeah if the main All Might vs AFO episode is very well handled then it'll be something I come back to a lot.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What? I don't get that at all, La Brava obsession with Gentle is by no means painted in a good manner, she is shown to be a stalker and we don't know what she wrote to the other guy but we can guess it was creepy. Gentle and La Brava relationship is nowhere near as healthy as their first impression let us think.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I much prefer the name La Brava, but at this point I'm pretty sure it really is supposed to be Love Lover.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Already sour on that anime thread tbh. Just answering questions and I'm out here tagging my shit and they gonna complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.