• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Girl who's power is to rewind things breaking future sight isn't that far fetched to me. Deku was just able to take advantage of that, at least that is how I see it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Girl who's power is to rewind things breaking future sight isn't that far fetched to me. Deku was just able to take advantage of that, at least that is how I see it.
Yeah, as as far we know Nighteye doesn't know her powers yet, so it makes totally sense he gives Deku the praise.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
It did, but if he is well now and doesn't want to stop I don't think a hiatus is needed. A hiatus of one month is unnecessary, it is much better to do like Oda and skip every other 5 or 6 chapters.
I think sensei needs a month break and he probably have the savings for it. A longer break might do him some good.
He could play some games, tour around the world, get a health check, watch some movies, etc.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think sensei needs a month break and he probably have the savings for it. A longer break might do him some good.
He could play some games, tour around the world, get a health check, watch some movies, etc.
I don't think so, month long hiatus never helped, meanwhile Oda does 1 week hiatus from time to time and it worked wonderfully, OP is now over 20 years old with no signs of fatigue.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so, month long hiatus never helped, meanwhile Oda does 1 week hiatus from time to time and it worked wonderfully, OP is now over 20 years old with no signs of fatigue.
i am a bit paranoid and i hope Midoriya is not a reflection of Horikoshi's own health. A busted arm might be the end of his career.
Do the publishers appoint physicians to check their artists health?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Currently almost done binging this show over the weekend. Some of the gag classmates get on my nerves a bit (Grape kid) and the climax of Season 1 fell a little flat for me but it's definitely really really good. They deliver on the make-you-cry moments for sure.

Oda is also a biological mutant that doesn't actually need to sleep and has been writing his story since grade school.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty clear that Eri's power had something to do with it, I don't understand why people are ignoring that. Also I don't have the impression that MHA wants to be taken that serious. We had a quirk that erases other quirks with just a look, a quirk that allow mind control if people just have a reaction and Uraraka's power is the most nonsense quirk ever.

Maybe I'm "ignoring" it because it isn't very clear?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Ch17 Vigilantes

Nice to see Ingenium back. Still hoping all this is leading somewhere. Also the Viz translation is about to catch up.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm kinda itching to binge through the anime again... I've got a lot of TV shows to catch up to, but I think I may just ignore them and watch the anime all over again instead.

I'll definitely at least do that again before season 3 starts. But I'll probably do that tomorrow too.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
I think Nighteye's quirk simply doesn't consider Eri's quirk. She didn't reverse fate itself but rather she effected actions that would otherwise lead to a considered determined fate.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda itching to binge through the anime again... I've got a lot of TV shows to catch up to, but I think I may just ignore them and watch the anime all over again instead.

I'll definitely at least do that again before season 3 starts. But I'll probably do that tomorrow too.
Does Season 3 have a date?

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo, I've reread the chapters regarding Nighteyes prediction: He said the outcome of his predictions are fixed. You can try to change it and insert new 'scenes', but eventually the result will still be the same.
This was his vision:
- Chisaki escapes
- Deku dies
- Nighteye dies

Chisaki did 'escape'. Deku didn't die, which we could attribute to Eri messing with Nighteye's power.
So... the remaining prediction is "Nighteye dies" and this chapter it looked like fake Ochako was beside him.
:thinking

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that was Toga. I just think the panel sequencing was weird and it looked like she was doing two things at once.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Does Season 3 have a date?
Just "2018" so far, sadly.
I think Nighteye's quirk simply doesn't consider Eri's quirk. She didn't reverse fate itself but rather she effected actions that would otherwise lead to a considered determined fate.
Yeah, this is what I've been going with.
Sooo, I've reread the chapters regarding Nighteyes prediction: He said the outcome of his predictions are fixed. You can try to change it and insert new 'scenes', but eventually the result will still be the same.
This was his vision:
- Chisaki escapes
- Deku dies
- Nighteye dies

Chisaki did 'escape'. Deku didn't die, which we could attribute to Eri messing with Nighteye's power.
So... the remaining prediction is "Nighteye dies" and this chapter it looked like fake Ochako was beside him.
:thinking
Did I miss something? I really don't recall his vision being detailed out like that... Either ways, I still don't think he's gonna die since Deku mentioned a long internship with him, and Toga wasn't with him in the ambulance anymore.
Alright done watching the anime.

Should I read on or wait for Season 3?
Read! I read since the end of season 2's first half, and it's totally worth it to see the chapters come to life. You'll appreciate Bones' work more too, since they do such a fantastic job adapting the manga and even adds scenes that flesh things out more.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss something? I really don't recall his vision being detailed out like that... Either ways, I still don't think he's gonna die since Deku mentioned a long internship with him, and Toga wasn't with him in the ambulance anymore.
Was mentioned in the chapter after the one with the black panel (or 2 chapters after, I'm not sure).

Oct 25, 2017
Conclusion happened a bit fast and had to actually go through the first few pages multiple times, I guess I was thrown off by the hand coming from the rock wall panel. Also rather surprised Midoriya could just bounce back up and walk on his own so fast even after his body was constantly destroyed and healed.

Ending was predictable though at least LoV gets to get something tangible for their efforts.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I might be done reading the early chapter release. As much as I hate not being able to discuss the chapter with you all as information comes out, the early chapter releases have gotten worse and worse. I don't know if they are just taking on too many projects or if it is a limit of their translation ability. I can't complain much because they do it for free.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I might be done reading the early chapter release. As much as I hate not being able to discuss the chapter with you all as information comes out, the early chapter releases have gotten worse and worse. I don't know if they are just taking on too many projects or if it is a limit of their translation ability. I can't complain much because they do it for free.

We only get the one translation since the other group who was doing it dropped it. Unfortunately the worse one is the one that continued it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 16-17
I really hate abusive parents, but at least ingenium is back. I really hope Iida gets to be as cool as him someday, he definitely deserved to appear more in the main series before being injured.

Deleted member 643

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I need to reread this entire arc in one sitting to make sense of it. Waiting a week between chapters has made it difficult to assess the flow of it all.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Was mentioned in the chapter after the one with the black panel (or 2 chapters after, I'm not sure).
Oh, okay then. Will have to check that out again then. Thanks!
I feel like I need to reread this entire arc in one sitting to make sense of it. Waiting a week between chapters has made it difficult to assess the flow of it all.
Yeah... I think I'll have to do that too. I didn't enjoy this arc as much as previous arcs, and one of the reasons was definitely because I was no longer catching up and instead waiting week after week. Same thing happens with TV shows too. I think I'll enjoy it more after rereading it.

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, what if Nighteye's prediction doesn't fail and it's like One Piece where
It's just someone who looks like Deku who fulfills the prophecy aka Toga

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you on that one. There are a lot of great moments in the arc but it feels like it's missing something. I'm thinking it'd be better animated.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Guys, what if Nighteye's prediction doesn't fail and it's like One Piece where
It's just someone who looks like Deku who fulfills the prophecy aka Toga
The way his quirk works require him to physically touch and make eye contact with the person whose future he'll be looking into, so that's not the case here.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I just checked out the chapters involving Nighteye's Foresight, and it was Overhaul's future he looked at. That's what the pitch black vision was. Wouldn't it mean that it was Overhaul who dies? Or are we supposed to interpret it as Nighteye looking into the future and it eventually leading to a pitch black view because that was supposed to be his POV? It wouldn't make sense, though, since his quirk allows him to see a person's future from a third-person perspective only, so it doesn't require him to be there nor would it display things in his POV.

Unless Hori chose the pitch black panel as a metaphorical way of saying that Nighteye will die... and Sir actually saw Overhaul killing him and Deku, from a third-person view. If that's the case, then it's really disappointing because it was confusing to just show as a black panel. There was a panel with blood splatters on the ground/some concrete, so I can see that actually being the case. From the sound of it, to me, Nighteye's vision was of Overhaul killing Nighteye and Deku during their battle. If the future will course-correct itself and still eventually bring about his vision, then that means Overhaul will indeed escape, thanks to the League of Villains, and Deku and Nighteye will die. Deku obviously won't be dying, most likely due to Eri's quirk preventing him from actually dying, while Nighteye... still might die.

Bah, we're back to square one! Not that I think Nighteye will die, though.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
think I might switch to waiting the extra few days for the viz translation. is the viz translation caught up or is it a week behind?

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
think I might switch to waiting the extra few days for the viz translation. is the viz translation caught up or is it a week behind?

The Viz translation releases every Monday, the same date as the official Japanese release, so they are caught up.
If you're talking about Vigilantes I think they're a chapter behind, but in the next couple of weeks, they should be caught up and release on the same day as Japan.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 is gonna be goooood, I'm already crying and there isn't even music or voice acting yet. Just finished the covert non-combat operation stuff.

I like how this series doesn't really have arcs, just major events that happen and can spiral wildly out of control. And then they just have normal life sort of stuff to break it up.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Toby Fox's, the creator of Undertale, favorite super hero is All Might and now he is even more of my favorite game dev.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
So going back to the traitor discussion from before I'm noticing something that is really bothering me.

So the scene where they pick the Class Rep is one of the points the video I linked before brought up about why Toru could be the traitor as she seems to be absent that day (she doesn't get a vote and isn't shown in that chapter of the manga) but theres something really interesting about this scene, its not that Toru is never shown but even her seat/desk isn't shown. This is extremely odd to me because although this anime is very good at adapting the manga into an anime what tends to happen is that the anime fills in more details which does happen here, in Chapter 12 of the manga characters like Momo and Todoroki aren't shown before the results of the voting are shown but in the anime they are, yet Toru is oddly missing in fact its almost like its deliberately drawn in multiple scenes that you can't see her or her seat/desk. Some shots show the whole row besides her, others have that area covered up with another character making that area out of view, its just odd because it seems so deliberate. It's also worth noting that in the scene just before Easerhead tells them to pick the class rep there is a brief shot of the whole class and you CAN see her there (well her clothes desk) but I'm thinking thats more of an animation mistake.

The point is that if the theory about the author just forgetting to draw her in certain scenes like this one is accurate then why does it seem so intentional that they are trying to keep that area hidden from the viewers here, again this is an anime the anime is meant to fill in extra details like showing us both Todoroki and Momo before the vote takes place which is not something that we see in the manga. If it was just an oversight then why does the entire scene seem to be drawn from every angle to hide the fact that she is actually absent? It's as if they are trying to hide a major clue about something (traitor or not) and covering it up. Its something that COULD just be explained away if one of the characters mentions shes sick or absent or something but that doesn't happen, it seems like a minor detail but this show/manga revels in the minor details (think about how specific Stains Quirk worked with blood types as an example).

What I'm saying is that Toru seems to be INTENTIONALLY missing from this scene for a reason, perhaps its related to the traitor perhaps its just related to her actually having a Quirk and her body being invisible is just the natural state its in and its not her Quirk that makes her invisible. Again the reason this bothers me so much is because the way the scene is done you see the classroom from multiple angles showing EVERY other character and where they are seated except Toru, its as if they are hiding the fact that she isn't in the classroom which could be something easily explained away even if it did seem suspicious.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if this could be related to a Quirk we don't understand yet like is its possible that her Quirk allows her to make people not realize she exists for a temporary amount of time? My thinking on this is no one in the class questions where she is or if they should delay the vote since shes not there, its as if they themselves don't even notice shes missing, its just so damn odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.