• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Why? For some cheap shock value? Making something bad happen to one of the class 1-A students this early in the manga doesn't make sense, it would destroy the climate in the class for little return in plot value.
Its not early in the manga or too soon, 180 chapters is already more mature than several other manga and stories... if we compare to Naruto, Rock Lee's impactful tragic loss happened much before this arc. Im sure Horikoshi is a good enough writer that he wouldnt make something tragic happening to this class feel like it would have little plot value or destroy the class climate, I think you should give him more credit as a writer.

I dont think it doesnt make sense, consider how many of these big wide-scale life or death events Midoriya and class-1a has been involved in, its actually pretty surprising they keep coming out unscathed each time, the worst thing was baks being kidnapped. With a character that can heal everyones physical ailments with a kiss, tragedy to the class (if theres no death) has to come from something mental, perhaps Baks experiencing some sort of lasting fear or fright from that could have been more incorporated into the plot.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to happen. You have to remember this is a shonen based on American cape books. They're going to be bros. One of them will probably even get majorly hurt saving the other one.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty sure the series will end up with justice league scenario so Deku leading bakugou isn't that far from reality
My 9 year old son thinks most of the class is going to end being a superhero team like the JLA. Deku being the Superman of the group.
Beaten by a little kid

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping there would be a break down and revolutionization of the hero agency thing, preventing the formation of leagues and the current state of things in the series.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The other day I said I was done talking Bakugo in the general anime thread. Now I'm done talking Bakugo in the S3 thread too.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
lmao it's impossible to say anything without giving away how his character develops. Seeing someone call him the worst written shounen character when I think he's probably one of the best developed and written characters in the series. It all kind of hedges on the fact that some people can't really accept that he's an asshole/shitty person for a minor reason. If you can't accept that you really can't go anywhere.

I absolutely can't wait till he gets kidnapped and waiting for those "he's going to be a villain" comments.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
lmao it's impossible to say anything without giving away how his character develops. Seeing someone call him the worst written shounen character when I think he's probably one of the best developed and written characters in the series. It all kind of hedges on the fact that some people can't really accept that he's an asshole/shitty person for a minor reason. If you can't accept that you really can't go anywhere.

I absolutely can't wait till he gets kidnapped and waiting for those "he's going to be a villain" comments.
As said earlier, people really can't accept that a character can be well-written without being 'likeable'.
Bakugou is probably the most fascinating and layered character in the manga, but I sure wouldn't want him around me in real life.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I take back what I said, even if Bakugou fans were super polite and understanding it wouldn't help anything

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
There's a post I want to reply about a character backstory but I also don't want to

Nevermind someone already did

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

You just know the week before they show how he responds to being kidnapped is going to be horrible. I hope they end an episode right before the bad guys decide to unlock his chains. So you get that suspense and crazy theories for a whole week

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You just know the week before they show how he responds to being kidnapped is going to be horrible. I hope they end an episode right before the bad guys decide to unlock his chains. So you get that suspense and crazy theories for a whole week

Y'all better be quiet af that week lol

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So will the episode where Bakugou is kidnapped cause more or less controversy than episode 14 of darling ?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The white nationalism comment was the last straw, I give up
FranXX 14 had dumbasses calling a character a slut/other very derogatory terms and harassing the staff and the voice actor.
No way...I hope
I think Bakugou will cause less controversy because there are already the manga material. Also Nobuhiko has huge popularity so I doubt people would even think of attacking him. Horikoshi himself I think might suffer some hate but nothing on the same scale the DitF staff suffered.
That being said, I expect anything nowadays

Last edited:

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Yeah I feel like I may have made a mistake responding about the Bakugou thing in the anime thread. I'm sure it will get picked apart, but whatever...

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when it will happen? The way this is set up it should be around episode 10 right? Then the rescue plus AM vs AFO fight is like 12+ with Deku vs Kacchan at the end of the season?

Did you forget license exam? I'm expecting for AM vs AFO to wrap up around episode 13.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Ok that was a horrible thing Bakugo did during the capture the bomb class but should I remind people he didn't try to kill Deku

Oct 25, 2017
No one usually does that to anime staff of manga material, though unless Horikoshi draws some art again or one of the animators draws art, have been numerous times where anime staffers have deleted or got angry fan comments from their arts...only time I remember Naruto staff catching some heat from fans and Horikoshi did get some heat for that previous preepisode art of swimsuits from westerners.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No one usually does that to anime staff of manga material, though unless Horikoshi draws some art again or one of the animators draws art, have been numerous times where anime staffers have deleted or got angry fan comments from their arts...only time I remember Naruto staff catching some heat from fans and Horikoshi did get some heat for that previous preepisode art of swimsuits from westerners.
You are right, but people have become dumber and dumber with time.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The anime thread somehow denying growth in characters by bringing up flaws they displayed in the past has given me greater understanding on how Asui is so popular, just like the other day where it made me understand how people thought he'd turn traitor. At the very least, it helps me learn.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The anime thread somehow denying growth in characters by bringing up flaws they displayed in the past has given me greater understanding on how Asui is so popular, just like the other day where it made me understand how people thought he'd turn traitor. At the very least, it helps me learn.

We only like people with no weaknesses around these parts

Lmao, I just remembered that one person that said Uraraka being poor is a character flaw

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the anime thread, the anime is at a point in the story where Horikoshi really played up Bakugo's antics to make you slightly wonder if he would join the League of Villains once they kidnapped him. Had Bakugo not been as terrifying as he was during the School Festival Tournament ceremony, it wouldn't have lead to the LoV thinking he's a good target, or people on TV thinking that their plan might just work and turn a UA student into a new villain. But Horikoshi snuck in the final exam part right before the kidnapping so that we'd see at least one, just barely redeemable side of Bakugo so that it feels actually satisfying when Aizawa sticks up for him in the press conference and when he ultimately rejects the villians' offer.

I kind of think Horikoshi was playing with people's expectations through other shonen like Naruto. It was a huge moment when Sasuke betrays everyone and joins the villians, and I think there was a minor expectation of that happening with an edgelord rival like Bakugo. But when you see him reject the villains it all makes total sense and you get a better idea of what really motivates someone like Bakugo. Then the follow up with his mom thanking Aizawa for defending him and it really starts to build an interesting narrative around the kid.

But it's hard to see that stuff from where people are in the anime right now. Right now it just seems like he's 100% psychopathic.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Episode said that the LoV has a designer behind the scenes, did we ever learn who that was

Status
Not open for further replies.