• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017

MHA Sprites from the person who seems to be the one doing sprites for Hyper Dragon Ball Z. After seeing this (and playing the FighterZ Beta), I now feel like searching for MHA Mugens...

bunkitz Were you able to play FighterZ?

You and me both. At this point, even though I'm a Gohan fan, I'm fine if even he doesn't get the spotlight like he was supposed to. Just let Goten, Trunks, Pan, Bra and Uub be the focus at some point (hell get Marron involved somehow).

I have a lot of unfounded optimism for at least Pan and Uub but yes to every name you mentioned I don't mind if its not Gohan just something new could be refreshing lol

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
bunkitz Were you able to play FighterZ?
Fuck no! I finally got into the lobby but couldn't find a match even after an hour or so. It was ridiculous. I played the tutorial, though, so there's at least that... I'm getting it day one anyway, so I don't really mind that much. I didn't know you could make entire combos just by mashing square and triangle, though. That was surprising and a little disappointing, but cool at the same time.
You continue to... whatever the opposite of disappoint is.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no! I finally got into the lobby but couldn't find a match even after an hour or so. It was ridiculous. I played the tutorial, though, so there's at least that... I'm getting it day one anyway, so I don't really mind that much. I didn't know you could make entire combos just by mashing square and triangle, though. That was surprising and a little disappointing, but cool at the same time.

If you manage to find time today you should check it out, it's working fine now.
Auto-combos are great for me since I'm a scrub lol. Though they do less damage than if you were to perform those same moves yourself so I'm trying to learn real combos.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
If you manage to find time today you should check it out, it's working fine now.
Auto-combos are great for me since I'm a scrub lol. Though they do less damage than if you were to perform those same moves yourself so I'm trying to learn real combos.
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna give it another try if it's not over yet by the time I get home.

I definitely consider myself a scrub too, so that's actually to my advantage as well. Didn't know that about the damage output, though! Definitely gonna work more on doing them myself.

Oct 25, 2017
TodoBaku getting even more content, Horikoshi knows what his audience wants, but even better especially with Bakugou liking it so much, dreamy boy.

I loved the Todoroki, and his second smile later. I thought that was the more major development of the chapter. Its so rare that he genuinely looks pleased in canon. His ice slide was also amazing. I wish this whole thing lasted at least two more chapters.

Could have given the ringleader more panels on his feelings instead of a panel with words and black background and a white background one.
DTmLX0_VwAAloKO.jpg:small

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Man the it's amazing how much better the Viz translation is.
What's the translation? I only buy the physical volumes, so it's gonna take a while before I can read that...

A tiny, salty part of me will hate them forever for turning "Yaomomo" into "Momoyao," though. Grr.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Totes dunno what we're supposed to do"
"So psyched to get a chance for this do-over. It's, like, totes awesome. Cheers."

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
What's the translation? I only buy the physical volumes, so it's gonna take a while before I can read that...

A tiny, salty part of me will hate them forever for turning "Yaomomo" into "Momoyao," though. Grr.

Just going to post some comparisons.

3umaFa7.png

vs
9nDBO30.png

qUsUW43.png

vs
FXHqeF8.png

SdLJwMS.png

vs
Ouko1ox.png

Also after having it for a while I think the WSJ subscription is totally worth it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also after having it for a while I think the WSJ subscription is totally worth it.

It really is! I only pay $3 a month and I get all these different manga. Kid-me would not believe it. And it has encouraged me to read much more manga and try out different stuff. The stuff I would've gotten into regardless are MHA, One Piece and maybe Black Clover too but because I get the magazine, I just read everything and I wouldn't have read something like Dr Stone or We Never Learn but I end up loving those too.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Just going to post some comparisons.

3umaFa7.png

vs
9nDBO30.png

qUsUW43.png

vs
FXHqeF8.png

SdLJwMS.png

vs
Ouko1ox.png

Ooh, I like those better. Except for the first panel of the last one. Definitely don't like that.

I'd like to subscribe to WSJ too, but I only read MHA, One Piece, and Shokugeki no Soma. Then again, that's like $1 each...

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's a new Jump manga about fighting high-tech priests. There's literally only one chapter out so you should check it out if you have time. I kinda liked it.
Oh, for some reason, that reminds me of Fire Brigade of Flames. It's a series from the same guy behind Soul Eater. One of many series I'm behind on...

If I get the WSJ subscription, I'm guessing I can't read back issues? i.e. If I miss this week's issue, I can't read it anymore?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's a sale on digital MHA volumes this week for whoever's interested. $5 per volume and 10 are out right now. And as a reminder, Volume 11 "The End of the Beginning, The Beginning of the End" (which is a fantastic title btw) comes out on February 6th (along with One Piece 85, Black Clover 10, Promised Neverland 2 and probably some other Jump shit whatever man start Black Clover and Promised Neverland already).
51fK4oHDkML._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Oh, for some reason, that reminds me of Fire Brigade of Flames. It's a series from the same guy behind Soul Eater. One of many series I'm behind on...

If I get the WSJ subscription, I'm guessing I can't read back issues? i.e. If I miss this week's issue, I can't read it anymore?

If you get the sub, you only get issues going forward but you can buy any of the last 10ish issues for $1.

Also, had no idea the Soul Eater author had a new manga. I'm currently going through the anime on Netflix and I'm absolutely loving it so I'll check out the new manga.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
If you get the sub, you only get issues going forward but you can buy any of the last 10ish issues for $1.

Also, had no idea the Soul Eater author had a new manga. I'm currently going through the anime on Netflix and I'm absolutely loving it so I'll check out the new manga.
Ooh, $1's not bad at all! Hmm. Seriously considering it now. Problem is, I don't have a credit card at the moment... Should have a new one soon, though, hopefully.

Oh shit, hey, checking it out now and I get a month's worth for free just for signing up? Nice. Okay, I'll almost definitely be trying it out soon.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
bunkitz

Would you rather have an MHA fighting game by ASW or Persona 5 Arena by ASW? (Both would run in the GGXrd/FighterZ engine)

I just thought of this and I'm really torn but I think I want Persona just a tiny bit more.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
MHA deserved it more P5 already have their game

I don't know about "deserve" but MHA is in greater need of a good game than Persona 5 is I guess. And a good MHA fighter would probably help the IP a lot more than it would Persona, especially if the many people who try FighterZ try out MHA and then start the anime/manga.

Though P5A is probably more likely.

Do you guys think Goku will be the announcer in the MHA game?

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I want a danganronpa like game much more than any fighting game.
Man I really need to get around to playing DR. Always hear great things and apparently the third game has a crazy ending. Honestly, after FighterZ, MHW and Shadow of the Colossus, there's nothing that I plan on buying until Ni No Kuni 2 so I may do a deep dive on that.

rather have the MHA game than P5 Arena. Love P5 but I think I love MHA more.
Damn it. It's too hard for me. Cause there's this:

But then also imagine ASW capturing P5's sensing of goddamn STYLE in their new engine.
tumblr_odpvkgE5fl1rdrzuxo4_500.gif

ed46c6130af83f8543b84f6ad2efb39a.gif

Imagine AOA style Supers in that engine man!

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
bunkitz

Would you rather have an MHA fighting game by ASW or Persona 5 Arena by ASW? (Both would run in the GGXrd/FighterZ engine)

I just thought of this and I'm really torn but I think I want Persona just a tiny bit more.
MHA. Not just for the fact that I'm more MHA trash than Persona trash (just you wait for those rhythm games to drop, though), but also because P4U exists, among many other things. MHA doesn't have much else aside from the manga and anime.

I really want P5U to happen, though, but... Hey, fuck Atlus, I ain't supporting BBCTB.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
MHA. Not just for the fact that I'm more MHA trash than Persona trash (just you wait for those rhythm games to drop, though), but also because P4U exists, among many other things. MHA doesn't have much else aside from the manga and anime.

I really want P5U to happen, though, but... Hey, fuck Atlus, I ain't supporting BBCTB.

So the MHA trashiness overcame huh. Well I'd be very happy either way. And yeah MHA needs it more.

What's Atlus got to do with BBTAG though? I don't think they're responsible for the dumb DLC plan.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So the MHA trashiness overcame huh. Well I'd be very happy either way. And yeah MHA needs it more.

What's Atlus got to do with BBTAG though? I don't think they're responsible for the dumb DLC plan.
Yup. And it ain't ever stopping (until the series ends, anyway) since it's a weekly manga.

Oh, aren't they publishing it? Weren't they the ones who said P5U depends on it?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, aren't they publishing it? Weren't they the ones who said P5U depends on it?

Nah BlazBlue is developed by ASW and published by ASW or Aksys depending on the market. I would say ASW is 100% responsible for that DLC plan. I haven't heard anything relating P5U to it though. Only thing I recall hearing is the P4U director saying he wanted to work on P5U. (and Atlus registering the trademark)

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Nah BlazBlue is developed by ASW and published by ASW or Aksys depending on the market. I would say ASW is 100% responsible for that DLC plan. I haven't heard anything relating P5U to it though. Only thing I recall hearing is the P4U director saying he wanted to work on P5U. (and Atlus registering the trademark)
Oh. Right. My bad.

Regarding P5U, though, check out the Twitter thread here:

Status
Not open for further replies.