• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's surprising some people, so... it can't be Kaminari or Hagakure then. Shit. Hmm.

Yeah, I should go dark. Might uninstall Twitter or something. Or maybe just remove the shortcut.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So Chapter 167 YonkouProductions teases this as to be THE CHAPTER of all time. He even posted it hints and it seems like they finally reveal...

The traitor!! Would be sick if Todoroki and Co come back to their school just to see everything destroyed or something like this
the internet is going to blow

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ehhhhh I wouldn't say it's been theorized a lot compared....
to other people like our electric boy

Yeah but I saw so many theories for that person and it always felt off
how he also acts in the anime? It was always strange to me, but I put it off. There would be many many hints for that.
There is also the big part of
him talking with Deku about quirklessness and seeing him unpacking the belt thing he uses
and more. :) Regardless...hype time!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Only took a quick glimspe and saw it's Yuya but that's interesting cause I don't think I care at all about him being bad. At least Kaminari has a cool power so him turning out to be a villain would've at least led to some cool fights.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for all those people that poured hours into making videos and dissertations about a key character swearing on their great great grandmothers grave that it was them. I love when writerse just completely do what the fandom doesnt expect.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Blue Exorcist did the classmate is a traitor thing really well. Wonder if MHA will.
It did it VERY well. I'm still impressed at how well that was handled.
I sincerely doubt MHA can top it.

Blue Exorcist dousnt get enough love imo. Love that manga especially since everything's gone to hell now.

People are sleeping on it and it's unfortunate cause it's a fantastic manga. And the current arc is fucking intense.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Damn you all and your spoiler tags.
Anxiety is killing me
It's gonna kill us both...

L62GYbj.gif

Blue Exorcist did the classmate is a traitor thing really well. Wonder if MHA will.
Wait, what??? There's a traitor in the series? Fuck.

Ehh, I'll probably forget (I won't) by the time I resume reading it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, there was an anime... Is it worth watching? Does it stick to the canon? If not then I'll probably just stick to the manga. Still got a lot of other series to catch up to before I resume Blue Exorcist, though.

Anime S1 is alright, goes into its own dumb plot after episode 14 or 15. Not worth a watch beyond the fantastic OP1, and I say that as BlueExorcist Trash.
Anime S2 is fantastic! I don't know if you read the Kyoto arc in the manga but if not it may be better to watch the anime. It's 12 episodes and they're very well produced and well-directed. I watched S2 like 3-4 times.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt read the spoilers but with how many theories that were made it is impossible that none would be incorrect.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is legitimately awful opinion and I think you need to be called out on it.
Yeah normally I'm like "don't engage!" with DTLopinions but I mean damn

So, the interesting thing about Aoyama as the traitor is that it did seem to get telegraphed in a couple places, but his performance and behavior during the license exam and, to a lesser extent, the forest invasion would seem to point at... just the opposite? So I'm thinking this could be a headfake, or else there's something major we're missing about the him and his motives; it certainly won't be as simple as "ahah, all along I've loved evil!"

Maybe he really is quirkless, and AfO offered to give him a quirk in exchange for his service?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah normally I'm like "don't engage!" with DTLopinions but I mean damn

So, the interesting thing about Aoyama as the traitor is that it did seem to get telegraphed in a couple places, but his performance and behavior during the license exam and, to a lesser extent, the forest invasion would seem to point at... just the opposite? So I'm thinking this could be a headfake, or else there's something major we're missing about the him and his motives; it certainly won't be as simple as "ahah, all along I've loved evil!"

Maybe he really is quirkless, and AfO offered to give him a quirk in exchange for his service?
Aoyoma was theorized to be quirkless based on the belt and flashbacks of his about being different or something can't exactly remember

wouldn't explain the stomachache

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So last night, as I was about to sleep, I thought to myself "It's still Thursday, there won't be any spoilers on Twitter yet. It'll be fine." So I checked Twitter.

I was wrong.

All I saw was a name, but... Gah! I hate myself. oTL
Anime S1 is alright, goes into its own dumb plot after episode 14 or 15. Not worth a watch beyond the fantastic OP1, and I say that as BlueExorcist Trash.
Anime S2 is fantastic! I don't know if you read the Kyoto arc in the manga but if not it may be better to watch the anime. It's 12 episodes and they're very well produced and well-directed. I watched S2 like 3-4 times.
Ah, alright, cool. Sounds good! Will check those out then.
Saw this on twitter I'm dead XD
giphy.gif
*downloads*

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Hey look a convenient empty seat for Shinsho to fill.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Narrator Deku is consistently overselling things every time he shows up, so at this point I'm expecting this to end with Deku as a quirkless salaryman.

Caldorosso

Jan 15, 2018
I've been thinking about the Quirk Singularity. Could this tie into the story's long term goals? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.