• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is the point I was making earlier; if he is the traitor, he's probably not doing it because "lol evil rulez heroez drulez" or because he's some kind of psychopath, which is why I think that the people talking about him needing a battle upgrade are also missing the mark; if he's really the traitor, he'll be an antagonist, but not a villain, and he'll have a pretty understandable reason for doing it, too.

I get that reasoning. I could see how he could be someone conflicted: he likes his classmates and being part of UA, but also has an obligation either through force or some other circumstance that requires him to sabotage UA. I honestly imagine that whoever is the traitor will be like this.

There's certainly more to Ayoama's story. I personally think he's quirk-less. That could tie into a sad backstory involving him getting pressured to spy on UA. But seeing his internal monologue in the examination arc made me feel like he's not the traitor. Call it a hunch.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Just so you know, in case you didn't, you can embed tweets. It's the media (looks like a... film roll?) button between the image button and the insert (plus symbol) button.

I don't know the difference between that theory and the one I know of, but here's the one I watched:

I know you can embed tweets, but I chose not to because the theory is continued in the comments.

The tweet I shared is from the official translator for the manga, who originally posted his theory on Reddit some time back, and the video you posted references that.

Cow Pow

Oct 25, 2017
All Might's the sort of design that looks really bizzare outside of the context of 2D drawings or animation, to be fair.

That said, One's Justice definitely seems to be more of a Xenoverse than a FighterZ, if you get my drift.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the scan is in a weird color but if not, that's not a costume we've seen before right?

All Might's the sort of design that looks really bizzare outside of the context of 2D drawings or animation, to be fair.

That said, One's Justice definitely seems to be more of a Xenoverse than a FighterZ, if you get my drift.

Nah, One's Justice legit looks Battle of Z-level to me. Don't sell XV so short.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Side note: As excited as I am for Endeavor to work towards becoming a better person, him following up "Your father is the number one hero..." with "the greatest man" is just...

ocGUVqn.gif

I know you can embed tweets, but I chose not to because the theory is continued in the comments.

The tweet I shared is from the official translator for the manga, who originally posted his theory on Reddit some time back, and the video you posted references that.
Oh wow, huh. That's cool.
This is true. Now I want to see ASW do MHA even more now considering how well they can recreate the 2D anime look on their 3D models.

Caldorosso

Jan 15, 2018
That was a pretty good Twitter theory. This arc might be the "red herring" arc where Deku gets suspicious of Aoyama, he investigates him only to find out he's quirkless/a more dramatic version of Deku with having a weak power but still wanting to be a hero.

THEN the true mole is revealed.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just glad the focus is going to be back on U.A. I've missed everyone so much already. Regardless of what happens with Aoyama, I'm glad that he's getting more screen time. I never asked for that, but I just wanted those with little screen time to have more, so this is cool. Now give me some more Shoji and Tokoyami. And class B. Particularly Shiozaki (who was apparently originally planned to be part of 1-A??? *is sad*) and Tetsutetsu and Kendo, please. Fine, Monoma too.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Put me in Camp Red Herring. The fact that he's one of the few students whose internal monologue we've been privy to as me doubtful that his motivations are that dark. I've always figured that the traitor would be one of the students whose internal thoughts are a mystery.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
re: possible red herring
Aoyama possibly being quirkless would explain his interest in Deku.

Oct 25, 2017
How is anyone not in the red herring camp? From the goofy tone of him and his action juxtaposed against that dark last shot, we're obviously in for another short comedy arc. There will probs be a hint at who the real traitor is during that too to lead into the next big story arc. Also booo at Endevour trying to become a nice guy. We've got too many goodish people in the hero camp. Bring back Stain. Put him in a teacher uniform and have him teach the kids biology or something.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Aoyama is the traitor. I think it's a misdirection and he just has a crush on Deku or something. There's been compelling evidence to the traitor being Hagakure for a while now:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/954012070994939905
Invisible girl was conveniently "unconscious" during the school trip attack and was one of the people hiding with French Boy behind the bush that Dabi & Twice randomly decided to not attack. She's also one of the only students who didn't know about Momo's tracker that the heroes used to find the villain hideout (if French Boy was the traitor, you'd think he'd warn the villain alliance about the tracker).

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Aoyama is a completely comic relief-oriented character. The mere idea of him being a traitor is so incredibly ludicrous I am tickled that folks are seriously entertaining it (especially given the comedic bent of... literally every single time he appears on screen).

Horikoshi would have his work cut out for him to build him up into an actually threatening villain.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Aoyama is a completely comic relief-oriented character. The mere idea of him being a traitor is so incredibly ludicrous I am tickled that folks are seriously entertaining it (especially given the comedic bent of... literally every single time he appears on screen).

Horikoshi would have his work cut out for him to build him up into an actually threatening villain.
to be fair no one here buys it

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Narrator Deku is very confusing, for all we know "that man" could be someone that isn't Aoyama.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Lmao

When I gave my impressions, I didn't even mention him lmao, just focused on Endeavor. Horikoshi please

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Umph! MHA continuing the streak of great chapters. Glad to see the suspension of the internship and the story going back to high school shenanigans instead. Hopefully it stays like that for a while. MHA is at its best in the U.A. environment if you ask me.

And a partnership between U.A. and Shiketsu High? More Camie? That's like, lit, fam.

Endeavor got some good panels this week. You don't go from self-absorbed, arrogant, abusive asshole to paragon of virtue in one week. But at least he's trying. For the first time in at least fifteen years, I think.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aoyama about to take home the Dekubowl. How will Ochako ever recover?

Also I never bought the idea that Invisible Girl is the traitor. It's just way too convenient and easy. Most of the evidence brought up to support it I just read as "hey people literally forget she exists" because of how much of a gag power it is.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Endeavor character growth is also good for Todoroki, he will never be able to free himself of his doubts while his father is an asshole.

Also I never bought the idea that Invisible Girl is the traitor. It's just way too convenient and easy. Most of the evidence brought up to support it I just read as "hey people literally forget she exists" because of how much of a gag power it is.
kLSwdz7.png
I think it will take time

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Hey, though the person wasn't invisible, it worked in another series I read lol

Status
Not open for further replies.