• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I get the feeling that Mina gets more focus in general conversations than Momo, Jiro or Tsuyu (or Toru of course), just because her extroverted personality makes it easy to write in her comments on whatever is going on at the time. But of course that's very different from being involved in the action or delving deeper into the character.

I wonder if one parent provided the pink, and the other provided the horns. Hmm...
I thought the pink was because of her Quirk?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Why do people think Deku will intern with Kamui or Miruko?
Personally? I think it makes a certain amount of sense. He is currently trying to learn a quirk that is kind of sort of vaguely similar to how Kamui Woods uses his Laquered Chain Prison to capture people. Plus I think he and Deku would get along quite well. But mainly i just wanna see more of Kamui Woods. I like his character (kind of reminds me of Iida) and I like his Quirk.

Honestly though I don't really care where he ends up as long as it's with someone interesting. Maybe some of the other Top 10 heroes we know nothing about?

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Blocky Deku + Kirishima's joke reminded me of how some people thought Bakugo and Kirishima could somehow be past OFA users. I don't buy that but if somehow that really was Deku activating a quirk and it turns out this was meant to be a hint at one of the past users being at least related to Kirishima, I'll fucking lose it lol.
Bak u go

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Blocky Deku + Kirishima's joke reminded me of how some people thought Bakugo and Kirishima could somehow be past OFA users. I don't buy that but if somehow that really was Deku activating a quirk and it turns out this was meant to be a hint at one of the past users being at least related to Kirishima, I'll fucking lose it lol.
I have honestly never heard of those theories. What's the basis for them? How could they be past OFA users?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol
I have honestly never heard of those theories. What's the basis for them? How could they be past OFA users?
Time Travel. I don't remember the specifics but the way was something to do with time travel.
As for the basis, it was the silhouette of some past members
Found this earlier today when I looked up "kirishima one for all"
Kb9fWjD.jpg

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
you see, two of the shadows kind of looks like Bakugo and Kirishima if you completely change how Kirishima looks and ignore the fact that it makes zero sense.
Is that seriously it? That one of the shadows has spiky hair? It's anime! Everyone has spiky hair! lol

Lol

Time Travel. I don't remember the specifics but the way was something to do with time travel.
As for the basis, it was the silhouette of some past members
Found this earlier today when I looked up "kirishima one for all"
I mean I guess I can KIND OF see it? But it's just an object to me and some shoulder pads that are vaguely similar in shape. And the hair is just kind of silly to me because everyone has spiky hair.

It does intrigue me though. I never noticed that the one shadow was holding something. That's interesting.

Hey it looks like the other time the shadows were shown the one person didn't have the shoulderpad.

MOD EDIT: Removed prohibited content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
Before, I'd have thought that Mirko was a shoe-in for Deku's next internship because she could teach him a lot about kicks, you know, for Shoot Style. That, and she could teach him how to be a little more confident/ tough.
But now that Black Whip's been thrown into the equation I think he might end up being mentored by Kamui Woods due to the similarities between the two quirks.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Before, I'd have thought that Mirko was a shoe-in for Deku's next internship because she could teach him a lot about kicks, you know, for Shoot Style. That, and she could teach him how to be a little more confident/ tough.
But now that Black Whip's been thrown into the equation I think he might end up being mentored by Kamui Woods due to the similarities between the two quirks.
I think Kamui Woods would be the better teacher, but Miruko would make for a more entertaining arc lol

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about Hatsume, next chapter would be a good chapter to have the students visiting her

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Talking about Hatsume, next chapter would be a good chapter to have the students visiting her
I agree. It would be kinda cool for them to have before and after upgrades for their internships. Especially Deku. If he makes alot of headway with Black Whip then he will definitely be in the market for a new suit again.

When was the last time he did major updates for his suit anyway? I know he changed the gloves.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. It would be kinda cool for them to have before and after upgrades for their internships. Especially Deku. If he makes alot of headway with Black Whip then he will definitely be in the market for a new suit again.

When was the last time he updated his suit anyway?
The festival.
what means that the last time we saw a clean Hatsume was even earlier than that

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
It's a shame that we've basically passed the equivalent of a season without her.

Season 2: sports festival
season 3: helping out Deku with the boots
season 4: making the gloves for Deku
season 5: ...

She ought to come back soon. People probably don't want a hatsume arc, but it would be funny to seeing her obliviously doing an internship with Detnerat, for example.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's a shame that we've basically passed the equivalent of a season without her.

Season 2: sports festival
season 3: helping out Deku with the boots
season 4: making the gloves for Deku
season 5: ...

She ought to come back soon. People probably don't want a hatsume arc, but it would be funny to seeing her obliviously doing an internship with Detnerat, for example.
Yeah that would be pretty great. I would love to see Hatsume meet Melissa though. I think Hatsume might actually die if she stepped foot on I-Island.

That or she would get arrested by security lol

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that would be pretty great. I would love to see Hatsume meet Melissa though. I think Hatsume might actually die if she stepped foot on I-Island.

That or she would get arrested by security lol

Melissa being introduced into the manga would be pretty cool. And yes, Hatsume would lose her goddamn mind lol.

I don't think Ochako wants Melissa in the manga though if you get my meaning. XD

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So after wondering if I wanted to vote Twice, Gentle, or Shigaraki I finally settled on Shigaraki. There's just something about the idea of individuality in the face of abrasive social constructs (seen through Toga and Spinner) that really draws me into the PLF. Plus his quirk is dope lol no regrets. Plus it's nice to have a villain that I can confidently say is a foil to the main character and will likely be the ultimate big bad.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hot damn! Now that's a meeting I didn't realize I wanted until now
Yes it's something I have wanted since I first watched the movie. But in my head I can't decide how the meeting would go. Would Hatsume fangirl over Melissa being who she is or where she is from? Or would she be blissfully unaware like she usually is? Also would Hatsume and Melissa get along? Because Hatsume is....difficult. Her own classmates can barely be in a room with her for 10mins without being completely done with her . But Melissa is so damn nice I can't imagine her getting upset at anyone. Even Hatsume. Unless Hatsume blew up her lab. Which let's be honest is more of a "when" kind of question than "if" given that Hatsume has blown up Power Loader's Lab like 4 different times now lol

Would love to see them compete in a build off too. Hatsume's style of building ia more bulky and mechanical looking. Meanwhile Melissa's designs are more of an ultra sleek variety. It would be cool to see both of them build their own versions of the same item to see how they differ.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Is this new title a spoiler? Saw it in my notifications. I haven't caught up with the illegal translations.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So when do potential spoilers begin to come out? It's been awhile since i was week to week with MHA. I usually just take long breaks and then binge, but the new arc has me too hyped for that.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So I finally watched Two Heroes and it was pretty good.
Since Godzillo was in the movie, I know demand Horikoshi creates Mecha Godzillo

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Godzillo was a hilarious addition.

But I'm glad you liked the movie. What did you think of Melissa? Also on a scale of amazing to perfect how great was that ending?
Melissa, I really liked her. I normally don't like filler/movie characters but she was fleshed out and was relevant to Midoriya's arc and the movies as a whole

The double detroit smash was perfect, playing You Say Run and after that, the theme were Deku defeats Muscular was glorious

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Melissa, I really liked her. I normally don't like filler/movie characters but she was fleshed out and was relevant to Midoriya's arc and the movies as a whole

The double detroit smash was perfect, playing You Say Run and after that, the theme were Deku defeats Muscular was glorious
Melissa is canon now I believe just so you know. I remember seeing someone mention to me in here.

And yeah Double Detroit Smash was epic. Watching All Might run towards the villain at the speed of sound on one side and watching Deku do the same on the other was just SO good. That entire sequence was animated perfectly.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Melissa is canon now I believe just so you know. I remember seeing someone mention to me in here.

And yeah Double Detroit Smash was epic. Watching All Might run towards the villain at the speed of sound on one side and watching Deku do the same on the other was just SO good. That entire sequence was animated perfectly.
The movie was always canon, she was always canon therefore

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The movie was always canon, she was always canon therefore
Oh okay sorry. When you called her a filler character i thought you meant she wasn't canon.

But yeah I thought the whole thing was really well done. Getting to see baby faced All Might was a real treat as well. Makes me wanna see more of his time training with Nana and GT.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
if spoilers are to be believed, it looks like we might be getting a true "big 3" of 1-A arc. Todoroki is inviting Deku and Bakugo to intern with him under Endeavor.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
if spoilers are to be believed, it looks like we might be getting a true "big 3" of 1-A arc. Todoroki is inviting Deku and Bakugo to intern with him under Endeavor.
I didn't know I wanted this, but I kinda want it. Deku is gonna be in for a rude awakening. And Bakugo might actually see what he could become if he doesn't chill the fuck out.

This will be fun.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So anyone wanna bet how long it takes for Endeavor to fimd out Deku has All Mights quirk?

My guess is less than 2 weeks.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I very much doubt this is going to be a massive plot arc considering my Villain Academia was the previous arc but i could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.