• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The editor has gone on record saying that shit was going to go down this arc iirc.
Oh yeah fair point, my mistake guys i thought we would be getting a breather arc since my villain academia

Though this is my personal opinion and pepole won't agree with me but i feel Endeavour's death will definetly concide with the collaspe of Hero Society and the destruction of UA. I think it's going be one big Villain Invasion arc with the Heroes ultimately losing with many being captured or killed and the UA Students are on their own

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I just feel if this is the collapse of society/fall of UA arc like pepole are saying it could be...it's slightly too early

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly this chapter and the first few will likely be the calm before the storm. I still think the death of Endeavour and the fall of society will happen in the same arc

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Shoji talking to Aizawa about something?

btXsFDg.png

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Here that people there's no traitor

I honestly legit thought the traitor thing was either forgotten or a throwaway thing

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Wow what a cute chapter. I was hoping they would do something for Christmas. Shout out to Eri for getting the sword.

Also wow finally remembered to bring up the traitor after all this time.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty dull chapter aside from the very end, which could prove promising.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1567760799287.png

Buster Sword Eri would fit right in with Beserk

It's also nice to see the traitor talked about again, I'm guessing the suspect list will narrow down once something leaks to the Villains during this arc

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Loved it. I like little slice of life kind of stuff like this tossed in every now and then. It doesn't always need to be a bombshell filled chapter to be good. Eric is obviously adorable and I loved that she kept getting things messed up. I also love that she got Tokoyami's sword lol

BUT

Hori bringing up the Traitor out of nowhere after everything we know thats going on? Yeah that is obviously not a coincidence. I wonder if that means we are gonna get hints who it is this arc? Maybe even have them revealed? Also very much looking forward to Deku and Bakugo training under Endeavor.

Seeing the flashback to how Best Jeanist treated Bakugo behind the scenes made me a bit sad. To me it read like Bakugo walked away with a certain amount of respect for him. Which up till now we never really saw because he seemed to have hated his time there. Best Jeanist really was trying to help him and take him under his wing. The #4 hero offering you a chance to return to his agency is a big thing. Because like they said when the internships began it's an agency investing in their future. Best Jeanist obviously saw Bakugo as someone he wanted to train. Someone he could mold into being a better person.

God I really fucking hope Jeanist isn't really dead. Come on Hori. Let there be a loophole or some kind of twist.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Eri got a buster sword to celebrate the ff7 remake almost being completed.

Nomura is a brain in jar and he's still trying Verum Rex/Versus 13 happen. He sacrificed three more kingdom hearts games

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope Kaminari is the traitor. His power to control electricity is way to vast and interesting to be used in the way he currently uses it. My headcanon is that he's actually holding back to avoid being suspected.

And yes, Eri with a buster sword is adorable.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Loved that chapter. It's such a nice breath of fresh air to see the class hanging out after so long. Dad-zawa showing up with Eri was great.

Hagakure is the traitor, don't forget how blatantly it was set-up from the very beginning. There's a reason that in over 200 chapters we STILL haven't been told exactly how her Quirk works.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
My extremely cynical thought is that the traitor (never shown, of course) is going to visit All Might during one of his all nighters studying the successors, he'll be trusting and naive and welcome them in, and then he'll get attacked. He'll naturally survive since he needs a big farewell death scene, but in the meantime he'll be unconscious and unable to name the traitor.

More cynical thought: the police will be so upset that they were kept out of the traitor loop that they'll force themselves into the investigation, find the successors' Quirks notebook with Midoriya's name on it, and without Tsukauchi to explain what it means will completely misinterpret it to mean that All Might was investigating a kid with a bunch of stolen Quirks from AfO.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So the new databook is out soon. Looking forward to the updated stats for each character though I know they don't mean much in the long run, did help explain why Shiggy and Toga were so fast last arc though

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly i am leaning towards it being one of the teachers or the headmaster being the traitor

The principle had an internal monologue, worried about who the traitor could be after the Kamino Ward Incident, so it wouldnt make sense if it were him.

I'm still leaning towards the multiple traitor theory myself, the traitors being Hagakure and Kaminari, though if I had to narrow it down to one, I'd choose Hagakure.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the league doesn't know about the traitor and it was mostly AFO and Doctor agent who feed the information through them and give it to Shigiraki it could explain the traitor being on the down low when the league had nothing and then suddenly being a thing when the League has the doctor help

It's not a real theory or anything just a thought

Especially when it's too subtle for early Shigiraki

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the league doesn't know about the traitor and it was mostly AFO and Doctor agent who feed the information through them and give it to Shigiraki it could explain the traitor being on the down low when the league had nothing and then suddenly being a thing when the League has the doctor help

It's not a real theory or anything just a thought

Especially when it's too subtle for early Shigiraki
The anime kind of implies this as well, I think I remembered there was a line implying AFO gave them the info

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've always assumed that only AfO/Dr. Ujiko knew who the traitor was and Shiggy was kept out of the loop to make him work harder and earn it. After all, the whole class was threatened at USJ and the training camp, and the villains didn't seem to be deliberately avoiding attacking any of the students, so they clearly didn't know who it was. The traitor stuff went completely quiet after Kamino and the League never moved directly against UA again, and it's probably not a coincidence that it's coming back into play right after Shiggy earns AfO's resources.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter was very cute, I love these SoL chapters
Buster sword eri is great

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter really reaffirmed how miserable I'm gonna be once they end up revealing the traitor is a 1-A student. The heroes are still the best thing about this series.

It better not be Jirou.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of personally wanting to be Kaminari so he can reveal that he does not in fact actually have that stupid weakness, I'm probably fine with it being anyone (the Big 3 excluded for obvious reasons). It'll be the most interesting thing they do after all.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The only people that wouldn't make sense and are disqualified from being the traitor are Aizawa, All Might, Nezu (because of the inner monologue page), Tsuyu (almost killed by Shigaraki), Bakugo, and everyone who went to rescue Bakugou

Everyone else is fair game

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So aparently everyone got a different hat
(stolen from reddit)

• Aoyama: Star
  • Ashido: Acid
  • Tsuyu: Frog
  • Iida: Engine
  • Ochaco: Saturn
  • Ojiro: Standard Santa hat
  • Kaminari: Lightning bolt
  • Kirishima: Rock
  • Koda: Bunny
  • Sato: Candy
  • Shoji: Octopus
  • Jiro: Music note
  • Sero: Tape
  • Tokoyami: Crescent Moon
  • Todoroki: Half red, half white
  • Hagakure: Hers is non-existent/invisible
  • Bakugo: Explosion
  • Deku: His hair
  • Mineta: Grape
  • Yaoyorozu: Book

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is a good development of Shoto, he picking up that both Bakugo and Deku are struggling to find someone to intern because their past employers are dead/mia is a nice thing. It kind of reminds me that Todoroki was the only one that noticed that iida was acting weird back in the stain arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.