• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Would they be against using the bullets on someone that doesn't use their quirk freely?
Like "If you dont want to use your quirk freely might as well not have one"

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
With Eri slowly recovering, I don't see the quirk erasing bullets as that big a deal, long term. I think she'll be able to neutralize or reverse the effects of the bullets, considering her quirk.

Plus, she has to fix Mirio
Ooh that reminds me. Endeavor is totally getting dequirked
Ehh, if he does I hope it's after a Dabi confrontation

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kidnapping eri would bring back madman Deku, nobody can stop madman Deku, not even broken bones

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
The possibility of restoring AfO to full power is too good to pass up.
Eri's power is just insanely useful for every party: Heroes, Villains, Police...
Eri is going to be the focus of an arc again at some point and I believe that arc could be as momentous as the hypothetical prison break arc.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
With Eri slowly recovering, I don't see the quirk erasing bullets as that big a deal, long term. I think she'll be able to neutralize or reverse the effects of the bullets, considering her quirk.

Plus, she has to fix Mirio

Ehh, if he does I hope it's after a Dabi confrontation
We don't know if she's able to undo it, Mirio could get his Quirk back through the antidote

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The possibility of restoring AfO to full power is too good to pass up.
Eri's power is just insanely useful for every party: Heroes, Villains, Police...
Eri is going to be the focus of an arc again at some point and I believe that arc could be as momentous as the hypothetical prison break arc.
I agree, there's a reason she's being kept around. I don't see her getting kidnapped by the villains though, they've basically already done that with her
We don't know if she's able to undo it, Mirio could get his Quirk back through the antidote
True enough, but if I had to bet I think she's gonna play a big role in Mirio's restoration. Thematically it feels right

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Random question, but do you guys like the movie Bad Boys?

The one with Will and Martin
It's been a long time since I saw them but I do remember liking them, I remember preferring the second one over the first but that's probably because the finale took place in Cuba so that probably gave me a personal bias

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's been a long time since I saw them but I do remember liking them, I remember preferring the second one over the first but that's probably because the finale took place in Cuba so that probably gave me a personal bias
You're from Cuba? I didn't know that, neato. Yeah, I listen to a lot of instrumentals and this one had me thinking about the movie and I wanted to share

It helps that it's a good movie. One of those easy breezy 90s movies I can always put on. Will and Martin are magic together, kinda like Bakugo, Deku, and Todoroki

Second one is good too, but I haven't rewatched that one in a while

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
You're from Cuba? I didn't know that, neato. Yeah, I listen to a lot of instrumentals and this one had me thinking about the movie and I wanted to share

It helps that it's a good movie. One of those easy breezy 90s movies I can always put on. Will and Martin are magic together, kinda like Bakugo, Deku, and Todoroki

Second one is good too, but I haven't rewatched that one in a while

One of the very few good Michael Bay movies that exist, can't wait for the third one, Bay isn't involved with that one right?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Bad Boys is my shit man I love both fairly equally
giphy.gif

One of the very few good Michael Bay movies that exist, can't wait for the third one, Bay isn't involved with that one right?
He isn't directing, he might still be a producer tho

Yeah, my favorite Michael Bay movie easily

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
"gonna-bring-back-Mirio's-quirk-for-sure." That's one word, right?

lol I'll allow it

Eri is def going to return Mirio's quirk, it's gotta happen

But anyway, I wouldn't know how to feel if AfO gets fully restored. All Might's efforts ;-; But it would raise the stakes a lot lol

And a part of me is still a tiny bit miffed that All Might never got to have that connection with the past OfA possessors too and their unlockable quirks.

I get that it's Deku's "shounen destiny" to be the greatest hero with all the power but still. It's heartwarming to see Yoshi trying hard to compile all that data for Deku <3

Eri gonna give Dad Might his powers back

Or this would be incredible. (even if it's just to heal his current battered body)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That color spread is straight fire, Hori does some amazing work when exploring different aesthetics and styles. Loved the chapter overall, Endeavor being shocked at his son being friends with Bakugo was hilarious. I'm guessing if things don't go too bad and he sees their potential he will eventually give in and take em in as interns. I don't see Hori bringing it up for a 3rd time only to cut it short once again, this time I could genuinely see Endeavor training all three of em before shit goes down.
The lock discussion is interesting, I originally didn't get that Deku has an actual mental image of locks for the various quirks inside OfA that he unlocks to use em. I wonder if he can use it to feel around the other locks to see what it takes to unlock em. Something also tells me teamwork with Bakugo and Todo will play huge parts in unlocming more quirks considering Balugo's remark of him likely being able to already have them unlocked.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Ochako isn't perfect by any means, but I do think she's pretty good

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ochako isn't perfect by any means, but I do think she's pretty good

That's more than fine, but reading blurbs like saying she contributes to the plot, or that she doesn't have the love interest problem made me very confused...

Lol, yeah cbr and comicbook.com are mostly just clickbait sites offering nothing of value, this article especially seems pretty head-scratching

Yea I'm hip, I just felt like sharing because it was so weirdly off-base lol

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's very obvious whoever wrote that doesn't read the manga. Uraraka is good, and definitely better than Sakura. An article talking about how she breaks the female shonen curse??

Eh...she really doesn't tbh. She has the potential too, but if promises were crackers, my daughter would be very fat

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
What is her love interest problem?
Her character Arc literally revolves around Izuku and making sure her feelings don't distract her, her Villain rival is also intertwined with her crush on Izuku, she has a running gag of being jealous whenever izuku is interacting with another girl, and she's another one of those "too shy to confess, will they or won't they" what type of characters

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Her character Arc literally revolves around Izuku and making sure her feelings don't distract her, her Villain rival is also intertwined with her crush on Izuku, she has a running gag of being jealous whenever izuku is interacting with another girl, and she's another one of those "too shy to confess, will they or won't they" what type of characters
Except it doesnt, it is part of her character but there are plenty more to her than this. Her character also revolver around on what she wants to do as a hero as we have seen in the yakuza arc and the class a vs b arc
If you don't explain what is your problem with her it is no better than the article

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Except it doesnt, it is part of her character but there are plenty more to her than this. Her character also revolver around on what she wants to do as a hero as we have seen in the yakuza arc and the class a vs b arc

If you don't explain what is your problem with her it is no better than the article

Guess I'll have to live with that then, I'm not doing this with you

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Ochako does have other stuff about her but the problem is the majority of the stuff we see is Izuku related and stuff gets old quick, she can improve on that regard but seeing that she's most likely going up against Toga, I have my doubts

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
There's a like a whole chunk of the manga where Uraraka is consumed by her crush on Deku. Even now it still comes up with her almost every time we spend longer than a second with her. Deku's crush on her isn't nearly as important to his character

Like, come on now...

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ochako does have other stuff about her but the problem is the majority of the stuff we see is Izuku related and stuff gets old quick, she can improve on that regard but seeing that she's most likely going up against Toga, I have my doubts
There's a like a whole chunk of the manga where Uraraka is consumed by her crush on Deku. Even now it still comes up with her almost every time we spend longer than a second with her. Deku's crush on her isn't nearly as important to his character

Like, come on now...
The last arc she was part of the love aspect was very minimal tho, even if it had something to do with Izuku
Again I don't see what is the love interest problem

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The potential with Uraraka still hurts.

Horikoshi did such a character annihilation after the first tournament...

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The manga isn't over yet to talk like this...

That is ok, but the opposite is still true
That is also why I asked what the problem is.
And people explained it, myself included. You either agree or not, but you don't have to act like there's no problem. People aren't just making these issues up, it's just not as big of an issue for you

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
And people explained it, myself included. You either agree or not, but you don't have to act like there's no problem. People aren't just making these issues up, it's just not as big of an issue for you
I dont see that as a problem like as I explained, the last arc focused in other aspects of the character and I feel it is being ignored
NSESN, you act like every criticism someone has against the series is a personal attack on you. At least, that's what it feels like
If I see a criticism I disagree I will argument against it, it isn't just about MHA, but most things

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I dont see that as a problem like as I explained, the last arc focused in other aspects of the character and I feel it is being ignored
I'll say it could be even worse than it is now(Hinata), but this article is claiming something that I just don't think holds up. Uraraka having one good arc recently doesn't make up for the past 100 chapters or so.

Did we forget her fight in the Yakuza arc was skipped?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say it could be even worse than it is now(Hinata), but this article is claiming something that I just don't think holds up. Uraraka having one good arc recently doesn't make up for the past 100 chapters or so.

Did we forget her fight in the Yakuza arc was skipped?
The yakuza arc being skipped has nothing to do with her love interest tho
Like the whole love interest thing about her was mostly solved in the license arc, after it was mostly a gag, her arc now is more impacted on her resolve to save people, specially after the death of Nighteye

Also I think the yakuza fight is much more problematic for Nejire than here, imo the biggest reason why she was included in that arc was so she could be present when Nighteye dies so it could quickstart her next development.

Status
Not open for further replies.