• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Yeah that match is by far my favorite moment for her character by far. I hope to see more like that in the future.

okay, I had kinda fallen off shonen and came back so I heard about Black Clover a bit but from what I've seen black clover and BNHA fans have a kinda of a feud and they both accuse the other of being cliche shonen shit which isn't bad? Like, cliches work to a certain extent lol. I do know that black clover's latest popularity poll had half of the top ten be women which is fucking crazy

and that demon slayer show I know because of that girl chewing bamboo always showing up on my twitter feed.

Like, I remember Bleach and Naruto wars and that was weird too.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
okay, I had kinda fallen off shonen and came back so I heard about Black Clover a bit but from what I've seen black clover and BNHA fans have a kinda of a feud and they both accuse the other of being cliche shonen shit which isn't bad? Like, cliches work to a certain extent lol. I do know that black clover's latest popularity poll had half of the top ten be women which is fucking crazy

and that demon slayer show I know because of that girl chewing bamboo always showing up on my twitter feed.

Yeah some fans have some silly MHA vs BC thing and that's a thing you can often see on the internet. I'm just content liking both haha.
Btw that was my thread!
Anyway, the girl I have as my avatar and that bamboo girl from Demon Slayer are both good examples of what you seem to be looking for, as are the other female characters in their respective series.

Oct 25, 2017

No matter how you slice it we can have this female conversation in a vacuum and get somewhere sure but if we bring other shonen into the conversation who ever is arguing for mha is gonna have a really bad fucking time and that's putting it lightly. For comparison like you said black clover and demon slayer for example I'm not even gonna bring mha into that disadvantageous conversation it's pointless

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MHA vs BC feud have always been one sided, I very rarely see MHA fans talk about BC

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
nope, fans of both series are jerks to each other. they are both shonen too which is hilarious. both of them being successes are beneficial for their company
Most MHA fans I have sees dont even care or dont even know much about BC, those that you are mentioning are definitely a minority

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
nope, fans of both series are jerks to each other. they are both shonen too which is hilarious. both of them being successes are beneficial for their company

hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
No matter how you slice it we can have this female conversation in a vacuum and get somewhere sure but if we bring other shonen into the conversation who ever is arguing for mha is gonna have a really bad fucking time and that's putting it lightly. For comparison like you said black clover and demon slayer for example I'm not even gonna bring mha into that disadvantageous conversation it's pointless

Yeah, I gotta agree. my first interaction with the BNHA fandom was the subreddit and the shippnig subreddit. I later became a mod of the shipping subreddit and discord server cause there were a lot of loser trolls swarming every kacchako post. Oddly enough, I learned from the shipping server and fucking huge kacchako server is that Kacchako fans are overwhelmingly women

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I gotta agree. my first interaction with the BNHA fandom was the subreddit and the shippnig subreddit. I later became a mod of the shipping subreddit and discord server cause there were a lot of loser trolls swarming every kacchako post. Oddly enough, I learned from the shipping server and fucking huge kacchako server is that Kacchako fans are overwhelmingly women
Why is that ship a thing? Cuz their fight? They've done absolutely nothing else aside from that?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
MHA vs BC feud have always been one sided, I very rarely see MHA fans talk about BC
Bruh don't do this lmao. It's every fandom that does this
it's the minority of every fandom tbh
And yeah this. No one's saying everyone is guilty lol
I guess I should get into Black Clover.
That's what I kee-
Will start!

🙏🏾
giphy.gif

Did Bleg just recruit someone to the cause in my absence?! Bleg thank you so much you beautiful human.
And DriftingSpirit I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh don't do this lmao. It's every fandom that does this

And yeah this. No one's saying everyone is guilty lol

That's what I kee-

giphy.gif

Did Bleg just recruit someone to the cause in my absence?! Bleg thank you so much you beautiful human.
And DriftingSpirit I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Don't say I don't do things for you bro

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I am just talking what I see, MHA fandom does that yes but not with BC
Fair enough if you haven't seen it, but I know I have lol. Like with any Jump manga fandom relative to every other Jump manga.
Hell just in the BC thread I made here about its poll results, there was someone vehemently against the mere suggestion of people liking BC's approach to something more then MHA's.

Oct 25, 2017
We all do it. There was a random naruto comparison in here like two pages ago.
And I compare Kimetsu no yaiba to all y'all favorite inferior series all the time

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
So, how do people feel about Endeavor's redemption arc overall?

Honestly, I'm still super iffy about it.

The man abused his kids and the series heavily implies that he did some marital rape as well. I have a feeling Todoroki is gonna do the super move and save the day and he like silently thanks his dad and acknowledges that Endeavor needed to toughen him up or some other bullshit

from the official printed release

image0.jpg

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Honestly, I'm still super iffy about it.

The man abused his kids and the series heavily implies that he did some marital rape as well. I have a feeling Todoroki is gonna do the super move and save the day and he like silently thanks his dad and acknowledges that Endeavor needed to toughen him up or some other bullshit

from the official printed release

image0.jpg
Endeavors page on tv tropes says marital rape is not likely though as said here:

"When introduced, his words on how he groomed his youngest son, Shoto, to be his successor in hopes of surpassing All Might because of his Ice/Fire Quirk, alongside how he views his older children as failures and his horrible marriage, initially caused the audience to assume that he kept exercising his Marital Rape License against Rei until Shoto was born. However, these assumptions have been cast into heavy doubt due to several facts and revelations:
  • Endeavor's daughter and second oldest child is 22 and turning 23... while he's only 45 turning 46. Given the age gaps between his children, Shoto 15 and Natsuo being 18-19, one can assume his oldest, Toya, is older than his sister by 3-4 years, making Endeavor potentially 19-21 when he became a parent. Since he'd just be starting his hero career around the same time, Shoto's explanation that he used his fame and wealth to make Rei's family allow their Quirk marriage becomes much more questionable regarding the circumstances, though Endeavor himself notes that he chose her because she could mitigate his Quirk's weaknesses.
  • Furthermore, Toya was Endeavor's first choice as his successor, reinforced by his age making him a high school student and hero in training when Shoto was just getting his Quirk. Additionally, it's implied that Toya may have been crippled or killed when Endeavor attempted to teach a Dangerous Forbidden Technique. Even though Toya's fire Quirk was superior to his father's, he inherited his mother's weaker constitution, implying he could not handle his own fire and got ruined.
  • Indirectly, the film reveals that All Might spent his early hero years in America. If he and Endeavor are the same age, it's likely that Endeavor was already a father when All Might returned to Japan and thus, the idea of having his children surpass All Might did not occur until this time if not sometime after."

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Most likely outcome but the truth still needs to be exposed first

I'm in the camp of keeping this shit in the family. The media is gonna fuck their family super hard if all the details come out.

Do you think they will be as forgiving as alot of people about Re I burning her son? They would go to the school where fuyumi teaches and where natsuo lives and disrupt the shit out of their lives. There been through enough and if they dont want the media in family shit I'm not happy about it being public knowledge.

Lets not even go into it Dabi is a todoroki so now they get raked over the coals because they are associated with a mass murderer

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Endeavor dying in the same arc the truth comes out would be a heavy punishment because he would have no time to "redeem" himself in the eyes of the public. If truth comes out and he is alive he has the time to change things up.
I think it all depends on how Horikoshi wants his arc to finish, he being redeemed, or having his name tarnished forever without chance of redemption
Honestly I think it will be the second option, Endeavor being exposed and dying in quick succession will be a big blow to the hero system and might be the moment Shigaraki take the reigns of society

Status
Not open for further replies.