• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The manga tends to have some parallels to the anime whenever the chapters and episodes are concurrent. Definitely makes me wonder if Horikoshi plans it to some extent lol.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that we're heading into a new internship arc just as season 4 is about to start. Just from the first few chapters of the new arc, however, we can see some significant differences. In the case of this new arc, most of the important characters have already received focus in previous arcs; Hawks, Skeptic, Endeavor, the PLF, the main trio of students and so on. They're bringing their plotlines along with them for the new arc. In the Yakuza arc, Hori basically hit the ground running when it came to Overhaul, Mirio, Eri and Nighteye.

I think this is the kinda thing most people want to see going forward. We have a lot of characters out there now, it's time to see them all bounce off each other.

I expect this "intern arc" to quickly be hijacked by a "Fall of Hero Society" arc with how the plot is currently shaping up.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it goes both ways, but.... people only ever bother to call it out when it's negative lol

Either way, frowning upon/banning posts that are hinting at things to come is one thing, but I think it's pretty silly to attempt to do the same with people's excitement (or lack of) regarding what's about to be adapted. People aren't robots. And if an anime only cared that much about being unsullied by any and all impressions I don't know why they'd enter a public OT to begin with...

See this is what I mean, saying this arc is your favorite is as innocuous as it gets lol
No, I mentioned some days that i found weird that people were so hyped about this arc when it wasnt that well received when it aired. So saying people only ever bother to call it out when it's negative is selective memory
Also there is a big difference between negative and positive posts. Positive post almost never cause the discussion to derail, negative posts do.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The whole Fall of Hero society has been built up quite well, we started with a society that worship and put heroes on a pedestal, then with Stain and the LoV society became critical and unsatisfied with the heroes, step by step we've been seeing the evolution of the public opinion on Superheroes, and with the introduction of the Paranormal Liberation Front we now have a society with the idea that they don't need heroes, just last chapter we saw citizens trying to save themselves, in the interview chapter we find out that Endeavor is the hero that makes others strive to be better, what happens when his dirty laundry is out?, We also Hawks potential of being exposed as a murderer, and UA being one PR disaster away from closing down. I think once Hero society falls Horikoshi should end MHA and make a part 2 since the tone at that point should be different and I don't expect much school when Hero society falls

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The manga tends to have some parallels to the anime whenever the chapters and episodes are concurrent. Definitely makes me wonder if Horikoshi plans it to some extent lol.
well if it means another slice of life arc when the culture festival arrives I dont have anything to complain about these parallels

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No, I mentioned some days that i found weird that people were so hyped about this arc when it wasnt that well received when it aired. So saying people only ever bother to call it out when it's negative is selective memory

Except you did that in here, an OT for the manga that anime-only people wouldn't be posting in to begin with, referring to people that have already read the arc...

Purposely Ignoring the context of what we're talking about, now that's selective memory. :3

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Except you did that in here, an OT for the manga that anime-only people wouldn't be posting in to begin with, referring to people that have already read the arc...

Purposely Ignoring the context of what we're talking about, now that's selective memory. :3
And silfer did the same in that post. What context I am missing? People call out things in this thread all the time. Some people here also are negative about a lot of things and aren't called out. I dont see this "people only bother to call out when it is negative"
The thing is, posts that hint in negative things derail the conversation, it just happens. The same doesnt happen with positive posts, they are mostly ignored because they don't pick interest.
Honestly I dont know what you and Bleg want.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some people here also are negative about a lot of things and aren't called out.
p4VJHkd.jpg

Though I agree with what you say about negative posts derailing more easily than positive ones

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Though I agree with what you say about negative posts derailing more easily than positive ones
That is just how most discussions on the internet work. Positive opinions very rarely cause discussion unless it is an unpopular one, in that case it is even worse than negative opinions, just see anytime people praise Endeavor or say Bakugo isn't that bad.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So umm...do you all have a favorite moment from what is expected to happen in the arc?
For me it's Kirishima's fight with Rappa. Love the flashback showing us more about how he became who he is and the courage that he displayed, earning the respect of Fat Gum and Rappa. And I felt Horikoshi's illustrations did a fantastic job bringing out the intensity of the key moments in that fight. Made him into my favorite student in the series.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So umm...do you all have a favorite moment from what is expected to happen in the arc?
For me it's Kirishima's fight with Rappa. Love the flashback showing us more about how he became who he is and the courage that he displayed, earning the respect of Fat Gum and Rappa. And I felt Horikoshi's illustrations did a fantastic job bringing out the intensity of the key moments in that fight. Made him into my favorite student in the series.
Kirishima flashback
If it is too long for a moment, I think Mirio beating chisaki quirkless?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Mirio beating Overhaul's ass

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
My sleep schedule is all of out whack. That OT put me in a coma I swear lol
When I saw the OT title
gods-plan.png

To think of all the believers we'll have 3 months from now.
giphy.gif

Lol yeah, that title was too good to not use. Plus I love me some meta titles
Welp...
We now have the reverse of people hyping S3 stuff as the "peak" last season in the anime's OT. I mean, it's the logical followup I guess lol but still caught me off-guard.
Yeah, I saw that. *Sigh*
Guys let's help Tace and keep the discussion about the arcs/moments that didnt air yet here

With how popular it is, I think it had less than expected
Thanks man
spoiler rules are a bit vague.
Am I allowed to tell a dude, in spoiler brackets, that class 1-a will get more screentime later in the season?
Let's try to avoid having to use spoiler brackets at all. While I know you personally wouldn't take advantage of the anime onlys I don't know all the other posters and all it takes is one. Best not to take chances

Expressing enthusiasm about the arc is cool, just try to avoid giving specifics
Mirio beating Overhaul's ass
This. Lol

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
A favourite moment I hope they adapt well is when Eri reaches out for Mirio's cape and wants to be saved, I really loved that moment.

Oct 25, 2017
And silfer did the same in that post. What context I am missing? People call out things in this thread all the time. Some people here also are negative about a lot of things and aren't called out. I dont see this "people only bother to call out when it is negative"
The thing is, posts that hint in negative things derail the conversation, it just happens. The same doesnt happen with positive posts, they are mostly ignored because they don't pick interest.
Honestly I dont know what you and Bleg want.
Why the hell was my name mentioned for I'm not in y'all conversation

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The whole Fall of Hero society has been built up quite well, we started with a society that worship and put heroes on a pedestal, then with Stain and the LoV society became critical and unsatisfied with the heroes, step by step we've been seeing the evolution of the public opinion on Superheroes, and with the introduction of the Paranormal Liberation Front we now have a society with the idea that they don't need heroes, just last chapter we saw citizens trying to save themselves, in the interview chapter we find out that Endeavor is the hero that makes others strive to be better, what happens when his dirty laundry is out?, We also Hawks potential of being exposed as a murderer, and UA being one PR disaster away from closing down. I think once Hero society falls Horikoshi should end MHA and make a part 2 since the tone at that point should be different and I don't expect much school when Hero society falls
Honestly i agree with this. And i think the fall is coming soon

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Oh no, not that bad, just the usual stuff. I just feel that people will react really badly if Horikoshi does like Kishimoto and do any canon pairing by the end.
It's really weird in this case because Horikoshi hasn't teased any ships besides Deku and Ochako throughout the whole story

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's really weird in this case because Horikoshi hasn't teased any ships besides Deku and Ochako throughout the whole story
I think people consume so much ship material that it starts to become more important for them than the canon material itself, it really distorts the way they see the characters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Horikoshi's teased TodoMomo a bit and maybe Kirimina
As for fav moments, Red Riot Unbreakable, Mirio and Deku beating Overhaul and Overhaul's punishment at the hands of the League

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Horikoshi's teased TodoMomo a bit and maybe Kirimina
Those two ships I can understand people getting into because they did have a moment but nothing has come out it yet, there aren't any hints of romantic feeling for any of those characters yet which is why I said only Deku and Ochako have been teased

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Praise thy leaks, for they have saved us from the perils of shipping

Chapter 245 - Rising to Action Endeavor notices something weird about Hawks, and sees how serious Hawks looks (what's up with that face). Hawks passing him the book saying "Please give it a read".

Deku comments "If it's a book the No. 2 hero recommends I want to read it too" and Hawks gives the origin trio a book too. Todoroki: "He really loves this book" Deku: He must of had it to give out (literal translation: to do missionary work)

Hawks tells them to look over at least the bits he's marked, because it's a recommendation from the number 2 hero. He thinks to himself "Please train the interns well Endeavor" as he leaves.

Deku and Todoroki are interested in Hawks, Bakugo just seems annoyed.

They arrive at Endeavor agency and the three young heroes get an explanation about the office from a sidekick. It's noted it's a major agency with over 30 sidekicks, they handle over 100 requests a day. They're then told to wait until Endeavor has something for them.

In his office, Endeavor takes a serious look at the book Hawks gave him, trying to understand it. "I don't get it. It seems like he was saying something totally opposite. He was always joking around me before. What we just heard wasn't his real thoughts." He then realized the highlighter is connected letters together.

Hawks is back at the Liberation Army headquarters. He explains he's started spreading their beliefs and leaves. But he secretly listens to the conversation in the room after he leaves using a feather he left there. Toga: Tomura-kun, now that you've got the "power" you'll do it soon right? Someone: I'll destroy it all in four months.

Okay either I'm reading the last part wrong or some serious shit is going down in Heroes Rising

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mirio's beatdown of Overhaul better have all of the budget or I'll be sad.

Other than that, I'm more looking forward to Deku vs Gentle more than anything.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
First episode of season 4 is going to be recap filler

Not even recap filler, because from what was shown at Anime Expo, the scenes of Midoriya and Nighteye in his office consist of Flashbacks and him recalling his journey so far, this is just straight up filler by the sounds of it.

I hope they're at a picnic this time and it's the various food items that remind them of their respective near-death experiences.

It ain't that.

The first episode of season 4 is an anime original episode! Season 4 Ep 1 (64)

U.A. 1-A Scoop

A man visits to interview U.A. High School Hero Department 1-A who have attracted a lot of attention from the public. But what he's actually after is a scoop on the No. 1 hero All Might's successor!"

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Came across this artwork from Kohei Horikoshi for Jujutsu Kaisen's volume 5:
EF4z-8tUYAA_fyx.jpg:large

On that note, if you like battle manga, please consider giving Jujutsu Kaisen a try. It's very cool.

It ain't that.

The first episode of season 4 is an anime original episode! Season 4 Ep 1 (64)

U.A. 1-A Scoop

A man visits to interview U.A. High School Hero Department 1-A who have attracted a lot of attention from the public. But what he's actually after is a scoop on the No. 1 hero All Might's successor!"
Well that sounds a lot less fun.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This is disgustingly bad.

They make Mirio look incredibly lame. Sheesh.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Well at least Mina is here now. New costumes too. Dabi finally has his coat.

It's adorable that while everyone says something serious in the montage, Nejire just says "So weird!"

Not picking it up this time, most likely. Definitely not at least until a huge price drop anyway.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Aww, man! You guys were talking about shipping. Being busy with work sucks.

Maybe I should quote my old post, lmao. Heck, maybe I should make a new one.
At least I don't see any wall fighting, hoping they remove that shitty feature
I personally didn't mind it much given that they're all so damn floaty. Both work to its advantage once you accept that this isn't meant to be serious and is just for fun. Having those two allows characters to create longer and flashier combos or more interesting setups. The game had a lot of potential but sadly it looks like it's just glorified DLC.

Also, the game is three times bad because it not only makes Mirio look bad gameplay wise, but they make him and his suit look bad visually.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm even more thankful for Mirio having that cape now because I dislike the way the backside of his suit looks. Why not just make the back of the pants blue like the front? It looks weird.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Takami Keigo
Takami being his family name that means Hawk+vision
Keigo being his given name that means watchman

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
NSESN
Yo please don't label that spoiler like that if that's from the latest chapter. I get that it may not seem like a big deal, and it isn't one to me personally, but the people who read the spoilers will read your post regardless of whether you label your tag or not and those who want to go completely blind won't be affected. At best, it's just unnecessary so might as well refrain from it.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
NSESN
Yo please don't label that spoiler like that if that's from the latest chapter. I get that it may not seem like a big deal, and it isn't one to me personally, but the people who read the spoilers will read your post regardless of whether you label your tag or not and those who want to go completely blind won't be affected. At best, it's just unnecessary so might as well refrain from it.
It's info from the guidebook

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I thought people here knew that it was going to be revealed in the databook

Status
Not open for further replies.