• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
eh... ochako is fine
Nejire is the one that needs focus there, she doesnt even appear in the climax of the arc like Tsuyu, Ochako and Ryukyu
Unless you can somehow make it lead into her beauty contest win, there's going to be no followup. Combat without any relevance to character isn't that interesting.
If you want more neijre focus, I think it's going to have to be in a future arc. It would be very difficult to "fix" in retrospect.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Nejire really was the one that was given the short end of the stick, I don't care if we don't get any new Ochako and Tsuyu scenes just give Nejire some fair treatment

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The good thing about the beauty contest is that it introduced us to Yuyu
She should appear again

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yuyu looks cool but she hasn't done anything yet besides igniting shippers about a potential lesbian ship

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
This. Her quirk is the most destructive of the big 3
Niejire is the most destructive, Mirio is the fastest easily, Sun eater is just the most unpredictable.

Niejre has the most one hit KO potential. I think people forget that the reason the girls made to the underground levels at all is because Niejire cut loose a little bit and gave a high powered blast to Ryuku to make sure would have the strength to KO the stamina drainer and get him away from people so would stop gaining power.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Agree that Nejire and Uraraka need the most focus if they do expand their section. Nejire in particular, it's tragic she didn't get a fight but Mirio and Tamaki did

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Niejire is the most destructive, Mirio is the fastest easily, Sun eater is just the most unpredictable.

Niejre has the most one hit KO potential. I think people forget that the reason the girls made to the underground levels at all is because Niejire cut loose a little bit and gave a high powered blast to Ryuku to make sure would have the strength to KO the stamina drainer and get him away from people so would stop gaining power.
She also only used thirty percent to take down a giant villain, imagine her full power

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

No one forgot anything, she's still a disappointment as far as the actual arc is concerned

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Uraraka and Nejire are different matters
We still barely know how Nejire powers work
In this context, not really. They both deserve more than what they got in the arc. Nejire being the only one of the big three to not get a fight in the arc they debuted is a terrible look, and what better way to learn more about how powers than to see her use them in a fight

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In this context, not really. They both deserve more than what they got in the arc. Nejire being the only one of the big three to not get a fight in the arc they debuted is a terrible look, and what better way to learn more about how powers than to see her use them in a fight
I dont see it.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It would be better if she also got her shonen backstory during the original arc but I see why that didn't happen it would be overkill but she's the least developed and least interesting of the 3

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Uraraka should get something in that fight as well. She references the Yakuza arc later and really internalizes those events to help her grow. We should see more from her perspective absolutely
But the moment that makes her grow is already shown in the manga, no need to make Nejire share her moment for this

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Nah, Uraraka should get something in that fight as well. She references the Yakuza arc later and really internalizes those events to help her grow. We should see more from her perspective absolutely
I literally said the exact same thing earlier lmao.
Not having a go at you, more the fact that NSESN ignored my last post to have the same conversation again.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
But the moment that makes her grow is already shown in the manga, no need to make Nejire share her moment for this
She doesn't have to "share" anything. It doesn't have to be one or the other. They both can get moments.
Not having a go at you, more the fact that NSESN ignored my last post to have the same conversation again.
No worries. I think things get lost in translation sometimes.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't have to "share" anything. It doesn't have to be one or the other. They both can get moments.
This has 2 problems, we already know what happenned, Nejire was the one tha fought the bane guy, not ochako. There is also limited time to introduce new scenes in this arc, if you spent time to give ochako focus there will be no time left for Nejire that is the real problem
I didnt ignore, alexi already answered you so I felt no need to

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
This has 2 problems, we already know what happenned, Nejire was the one tha fought the bane guy, not ochako. There is also limited time to introduce new scenes in this arc, if you spent time to give ochako focus there will be no time left for Nejire that is the real problem
Eh, if they want to make time they will make time. We still get recap episodes for Gaara's sake. They done n't have to do much, the foundation is already there. Just expand it

The one thing I thought we all agreed on was that all of the girls needed more focus in the animated version of the Yakuza arc. That includes Uraraka

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

MHA continues to dominate US manga sales
Eh, if they want to make time they will make time. We still get recap episodes for Gaara's sake. They done n't have to do much, the foundation is already there. Just expand it

The one thing I thought we all agreed on was that all of the girls needed more focus in the animated version of the Yakuza arc. That includes Uraraka
My disappointment was always mainly targeted on Nejire. About time we cant say that the recap means anything when we dont know if it is forced by the tv station or not. Also the arc is already long, depending on what they pretend to adapt this season it might have no time to include many more extra scenes

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

MHA continues to dominate US manga sales

My disappointment was always mainly targeted on Nejire. About time we cant say that the recap means anything when we dont know if it is forced by the tv station or not. Also the arc is already long, depending on what they pretend to adapt this season it might have no time to include many more extra scenes

Your disappointment may have been on Nejire but mine(and plenty others)was on how all the girls got sidelined, not just her. I really don't think its gonna be stretching them to include some more stuff for the girls.

The arc isn't gonna last the whole season, it's not that long. Better they focus attention there then giving us another filler episode. An extra scene or two for Uraraka or the others isn't gonna tax them that much

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Your disappointment may have been on Nejire but mine(and plenty others)was on how all the girls got sidelined, not just her. I really don't think its gonna be stretching them to include some more stuff for the girls.

The arc isn't gonna last the whole season, it's not that long. Better they focus attention there then giving us another filler episode. An extra scene or two for Uraraka or the others isn't gonna tax them that much
I think you and me have different expectations of what should be added
I dont want just an extra scene, i want a good showing of the fight, something similar to the endeavor scene.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
This reminds me: with the last chapter, Hori is basically giving bones free license to make whatever filler episode they want about the internships.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think you and me have different expectations of what should be added
I dont want just an extra scene, i want a good showing of the fight, something similar to the endeavor scene.
I'm not sure what you want man. Like, an extra scene showing the fight...a good showing of the fight...it's all the same freaking thing so I don't get what you're saying here

I want the girls to get a good showing. Whether that's seeing more of when they fought alongside Ryukyu or something else. There was plenty off screened there that they could add something for Uraraka or the others, it was like a twenty minute standstill before Deku showed up

I want to see the girls doing more, not just Nejire. Their fight helping Ryukyu is perfect for that

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see the girls doing more, not just Nejire. Their fight helping Ryukyu is perfect for that
I just don't see the opportunity for that, we know that they were basically down the whole fight because of notBane's quirk while Nejire was the one that was fighting him the whole time.
There is also the fact that we saw Ochako and Tsuyu fighting before and even after this arc, while it is the only Nejire fight in the whole manga and it was offscreened.
So to summarize, for me, the fight is Nejire's. Ochako and Tsuyu can help but the shine should be on the ditzy girl.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I just don't see the opportunity for that, we know that they were basically down the whole fight because of notBane's quirk while Nejire was the one that was fighting him the whole time.
There is also the fact that we saw Ochako and Tsuyu fighting before and even after this arc, while it is the only Nejire fight in the whole manga and it was offscreened.
I don't see it, there's plenty they could do to expand that fight. Having the focus just on Nejire doesn't even make sense, it was never her fight alone, she has a moment in that fight but it isn't her fight. It was a group fight. There's 20 minutes there they can play around with

And the last part is nonsense to me. So since we've seen them fight once already they can't fight again? Tell that to the male characters

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
My boy Shoto giving it to Endeavor straight, this is gonna be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.