• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I dunno, never watched the dub lol

Dub is good, so can't go wrong either way.

No complaints as of the end of Episode 1. Mob and Reigen sound appropriate to how they act so far.

Damn, that's... That's tragic, man. I'm lucky, Netflix here's got a pretty nice anime catalogue. They have all of Shokugeki no Soma, season 1 of Haikyuu!! and JoJo, Violet Evergarden and the other Netflix anime, No Game No Life, and quite a few others I still plan on watching. On the other hand, Crunchyroll fucking sucks. Only thing worth watching is JoJo (up to Part 3 only, sadly) and that... uhh, the anime about a mid-30's lady who plays an MMO and meets a guy?

Tell me about it. They own Voltron but we only have up to season 2 here for some weird reason!

I never saw Buffy on our Netflix, but they don't have it now too and I wanna watch it cause I've never watched it before...

Good god, now you're just scaring me.

Like Lotus said, I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on the series as you watch!

They seriously spat on Ben's character. I'd avoid it as long as possible if I were you. He is suppose to show up during the Spider-Geddon event that's happening now. If by some miracle they fix it I'll let you know. But for now it's probably best to just stick to your memories.

Thoughts on Mob Psycho Ep 1
I wanna thank you!

I had only heard the briefest of good things about this anime a while back, and I'm glad the MHA fam got me to take the plunge.

Right now I have to say I'm more intrigued by Reigen. I wasn't sure if he was Mob at first, so I legit believed his bullshit for a brief second there lol. He has all of the traits of a gag character, but he has the position of mentor to our young Mob. I have so many questions about why Reigen does this if he has no ability for it and I wanna see where his character goes. That salt splash attack. I died.

I dunno how I feel about Mob actually. I almost wish they hadn't given us that rising percentage to his explosion, because I was expecting it to happen this episode and it didn't. He gives me Gohan vibes in both good and bad ways. He seems nice and is incredibly powerful, but also kind weak willed. Reigen is clearly talking advantage of your talent, Mob!

Like that they took the time to give us background on the Death Scepters, they weren't so bad after all. Other thoughts:

-While the character design isn't as visually pleasing to me as say, MHA, the animation during fights and in the OP is straight up gorgeous. Every time Mob went Sparkles I was in awe

-How does Mob's little brother have a cooler character design than him?! Lol

Bunkitz, I can't recommend Buffy enough. It and its spinoff Angel are legit the greatest tv shows ever imo. Not entirely flawless, but really really good, incredibly ambitious with great characters. Incredibly strong themes about responsibility, adulthood, and choice. TPN, a Youtuber, can give you a better skinny on it then I can.

It's on Hulu in the US, not sure about elsewhere though.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 (anime) is on Crunchyroll, Funimation, and VRV. I don't think Hulu has it.

Ignore the godawful live action adaptation.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
no chapter for next week
Is he going on break or is there just no Jump?
Either way, I'm happy about that. The man clearly needs to rest.
frOTmy6.jpg

ALL MY MONEY
I need that
For sure! I did the dub cause it's late and I don't want to read too much, but should I stick with that version or switch to sub?
The dub is excellent. I loved the sub too. Can't go wrong either way.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt assume the reason why there are less pages. Saying the series needs a hiatus without knowing what is really happening is, sorry for the language, dumb. Unless what people mean with hiatus is a break of one weak like we are going to have
having to draw so many new characters.
All characters are old
Oof. Sorry, guys. For what it's worth, it's kinda insulting and rude when Americans assume things are American
It really is

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldnt assume the reason why there are less pages.
Not the specific reason of course cause we can't know until it is told but when magazine-standard is 18-20 pages and we repeatedly get chapters below that and we see the author apologizing for it, it's safe to assume there is some kind of problem. If this was meant to be the new normal I don't think he'd apologize.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not the specific reason of course cause we can't know until it is told but when magazine-standard is 18-20 pages and we repeatedly get chapters below that and we see the author apologizing for it, it's safe to assume there is some kind of problem. If this was meant to be the new normal I don't think he'd apologize.
Of course there's a problem, i dont even have an issue with assuming what the problem is, my only issue is asking for a hiatus without knowing

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Of course there's a problem, i dont even have an issue with assuming what the problem is, my only issue is asking for a hiatus without knowing
Gotcha. Though maybe people are just seeing a pattern they've seen before with other things that eventually went on hiatus or had some form of schedule change or whatever. I haven't been following Jump for too long but others may have more experience that's leading them to that conclusion.
Whatever the issue is, I just hope he can get better. Health is too important.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I would say shame there is no chapter next week but i'd rather him get rest and get better than the constant 11-13 pages.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad Iida seems to be getting some spotlight, and that both teams seem to be putting effort into planning. The match barely starts, but I'm already getting pretty damn excited for this match. Apparently Honenuki can speak in English too, which is pretty interesting. Not too surprising given he's one of the recommended students, of course. I'd love it if we got his background in this match, even if it means extending the match and having flashback chapters.

This is killing me. It's too damn cute.

They seriously spat on Ben's character. I'd avoid it as long as possible if I were you. He is suppose to show up during the Spider-Geddon event that's happening now. If by some miracle they fix it I'll let you know. But for now it's probably best to just stick to your memories.
Seriously, you're scaring me. Apparent horrible treatment of Ben aside, I would totally appreciate being informed if/when they do fix it! Thanks! I was planning on reading Spider-Geddon, but there's no rush, I suppose.
Thoughts on Mob Psycho Ep 1
I wanna thank you!

I had only heard the briefest of good things about this anime a while back, and I'm glad the MHA fam got me to take the plunge.

Right now I have to say I'm more intrigued by Reigen. I wasn't sure if he was Mob at first, so I legit believed his bullshit for a brief second there lol. He has all of the traits of a gag character, but he has the position of mentor to our young Mob. I have so many questions about why Reigen does this if he has no ability for it and I wanna see where his character goes. That salt splash attack. I died.

I dunno how I feel about Mob actually. I almost wish they hadn't given us that rising percentage to his explosion, because I was expecting it to happen this episode and it didn't. He gives me Gohan vibes in both good and bad ways. He seems nice and is incredibly powerful, but also kind weak willed. Reigen is clearly talking advantage of your talent, Mob!

Like that they took the time to give us background on the Death Scepters, they weren't so bad after all. Other thoughts:

-While the character design isn't as visually pleasing to me as say, MHA, the animation during fights and in the OP is straight up gorgeous. Every time Mob went Sparkles I was in awe

-How does Mob's little brother have a cooler character design than him?! Lol
Reigen is the actual best. He is awesome every episode (from what I can remember) and he only gets better towards the end of the first season.

Yeah, the character designs are pretty plain, but Bones really did one hell of a job animating the show. You're only on episode 1, so in case you're wondering if it gets better, it gets way better. I also really love how Bones goes all in on the wackier moments.

I think Mob's design is purposely meant to be Plain As Hell™ so it's not surprising that his little brother looks cooler than him.

By the way, in case you didn't know, Mob Psycho 100 season 2 will air early next year!
Bunkitz, I can't recommend Buffy enough. It and its spinoff Angel are legit the greatest tv shows ever imo. Not entirely flawless, but really really good, incredibly ambitious with great characters. Incredibly strong themes about responsibility, adulthood, and choice. TPN, a Youtuber, can give you a better skinny on it then I can.

It's on Hulu in the US, not sure about elsewhere though.

Ooh, definitely checking that out later. Thanks! Does Hulu have a free trial? I think they're available here, so maybe I should give them a try.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Iida seems to be getting some spotlight, and that both teams seem to be putting effort into planning. The match barely starts, but I'm already getting pretty damn excited for this match. Apparently Honenuki can speak in English too, which is pretty interesting. Not too surprising given he's one of the recommended students, of course. I'd love it if we got his background in this match, even if it means extending the match and having flashback chapters.

Seriously, you're scaring me. Apparent horrible treatment of Ben aside, I would totally appreciate being informed if/when they do fix it! Thanks! I was planning on reading Spider-Geddon, but there's no rush, I suppose.

Reigen is the actual best. He is awesome every episode (from what I can remember) and he only gets better towards the end of the first season.

Yeah, the character designs are pretty plain, but Bones really did one hell of a job animating the show. You're only on episode 1, so in case you're wondering if it gets better, it gets way better. I also really love how Bones goes all in on the wackier moments.

I think Mob's design is purposely meant to be Plain As Hell™ so it's not surprising that his little brother looks cooler than him.

By the way, in case you didn't know, Mob Psycho 100 season 2 will air early next year!

Ooh, definitely checking that out later. Thanks! Does Hulu have a free trial? I think they're available here, so maybe I should give them a try.

I was sure hulu is still only in usa and Japan.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it is that hinders Horikoshi, to me taking a week or two off is preferable to him overworking himself.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt assume the reason why there are less pages. Saying the series needs a hiatus without knowing what is really happening is, sorry for the language, dumb. Unless what people mean with hiatus is a break of one weak like we are going to have
I dont see how its dumb. Series have gone on hiatus for positive creative reasons. Like authors saying they needed time to do research etc.

I still believe horikoshi needs time to just figure out how to best bring his ideas to paper and how to best draw it.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The dub is excellent. I loved the sub too. Can't go wrong either way.
I think I'm gonna stick with the dub for this one, I like it!

I got you covered. I'll let you know when/if they fix Ben. Hopefully soon.

Cool news about Mob Psycho, I thought it was a finished series for some reason. Sorry about Hulu being assholes, I was actually getting really excited for you to check out Buffy

202 spoilers
I knew Shinso was gonna prefer 1-A to 1-B, because I don't really see how mushroom girl took things too far. I think this is Kohei just planting seeds. Finally Iida brings up his brother again and his goals, it's good to see those still being reinforced. Interested in the Endeavor flashback scene.

This seems like a good spot to take a break. Kohei, be well and take more time off if you need to.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
He just needs a break lmao
I think I'm gonna stick with the dub for this one, I like it!

Cool news about Mob Psycho, I thought it was a finished series for some reason. Sorry about Hulu being assholes, I was actually getting really excited for you to check out Buffy

202 spoilers
I knew Shinso was gonna prefer 1-A to 1-B, because I don't really see how mushroom girl took things too far. I think this is Kohei just planting seeds. Finally Iida brings up his brother again and his goals, it's good to see those still being reinforced. Interested in the Endeavor flashback scene.

This seems like a good spot to take a break. Kohei, be well and take more time off if you need to.

Implanting mushrooms in someone's throat seems incredibly dangerous. There was a reason everyone had a "whoa that's a bit messed up" reaction to it.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Looking at the small thumbnail, I was about to suggest that Horikoshi maybe draw Ibara's hair more like this to make things easier on himself. Then I clicked on it and remembered that midorynn creates incredibly detailed fan art. Whew.

Thanks, man! Really appreciate that.
Oh, I didn't read the bit about Shinso. Cool to know he prefers 1-A, lol, but it also makes a lot of sense if it's simply because of Shemage's nearly homicidal antics. Shinso seems kinda hardcore/edgy at times due to the whole "I'm not hear to make friends" thing and whatnot, but I feel like he's on the softer side of things when it comes to things like this given that he's a general course student who hasn't experienced any of these darker stuff. He's only seen it from the outside.

The Endeavor scene is the only thing I really focused on and I'm so fucking glad Horikoshi gave us these juicy bits of information on Toya before going on break. Damn kid's fire is stronger than Endeavor. Crazy! It just adds way more fuel to the Dabi theory given that Dabi's flames are blue, i.e. higher temperature than Endeavor's.
Not seeing spoilers in the usual places. :/
Here's the one I read: https://leinbow.tumblr.com/post/178942137221/bnha-202-text-spoiler

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Implanting mushrooms in someone's throat seems incredibly dangerous. There was a reason everyone had a "whoa that's a bit messed up" reaction to it.

I guess it depends on the intent, I don't necessarily see it as being a low blow, just really gross. I'm also not sure how many got clogged up in his throat. It's a tight line to walk, true.

Looking at the small thumbnail, I was about to suggest that Horikoshi maybe draw Ibara's hair more like this to make things easier on himself. Then I clicked on it and remembered that midorynn creates incredibly detailed fan art. Whew.

Thanks, man! Really appreciate that.

Oh, I didn't read the bit about Shinso. Cool to know he prefers 1-A, lol, but it also makes a lot of sense if it's simply because of Shemage's nearly homicidal antics. Shinso seems kinda hardcore/edgy at times due to the whole "I'm not hear to make friends" thing and whatnot, but I feel like he's on the softer side of things when it comes to things like this given that he's a general course student who hasn't experienced any of these darker stuff. He's only seen it from the outside.

The Endeavor scene is the only thing I really focused on and I'm so fucking glad Horikoshi gave us these juicy bits of information on Toya before going on break. Damn kid's fire is stronger than Endeavor. Crazy! It just adds way more fuel to the Dabi theory given that Dabi's flames are blue, i.e. higher temperature than Endeavor's.

Here's the one I read: https://leinbow.tumblr.com/post/178942137221/bnha-202-text-spoiler

Anytime!

Shinsou points out he doesn't think the mushroom thing was friendly, me saying he prefers 1-A is just speculation on my part, but I think I'm right. I can see Monoma doing something that crosses the line to further push Shinso in picking 1-A. The biggest takeaway from the Endeavor scene is def Touya having stronger flames. It would explain why his flame is consistently blue too, higher temps than his Dad, right? At this point I just wanna see his full backstory. 50/50 chance that those wounds are self inflicted

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Cuuute.

htfa3dQ.gif

Shinsou points out he doesn't think the mushroom thing was friendly, me saying he prefers 1-A is just speculation on my part, but I think I'm right. I can see Monoma doing something that crosses the line to further push Shinso in picking 1-A. The biggest takeaway from the Endeavor scene is def Touya having stronger flames. It would explain why his flame is consistently blue too, higher temps than his Dad, right? At this point I just wanna see his full backstory. 50/50 chance that those wounds are self inflicted
Ah, gotcha. I'd assume that too, especially since he's got history with Deku and has spent time with 1-A already. As for Monoma doing something to push him all the way there, though... I could definitely see it happening, but at the same time, I don't think Monoma would do anything insidious. The guy's nuts but he's not exactly... he's not that far gone.

Do you think Dabi's scars self-inflicted in that, say, he carved his own skin up or something? Or as a result of using his flames? I think it could be both. The latter because we find out that Toya is of a "cold nature," like his mother and other siblings. That means to say their bodies have a preference to the cold and have a lower heat resistance. Imagine having that kind of body but then having flames hotter than freaking "Hellflame." That must be terrifying. Really ironic too, given that Endeavor's plan was to create someone more powerful than him, but instead ending up with a son whose quirk and body are completely mismatched.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Ah, gotcha. I'd assume that too, especially since he's got history with Deku and has spent time with 1-A already. As for Monoma doing something to push him all the way there, though... I could definitely see it happening, but at the same time, I don't think Monoma would do anything insidious. The guy's nuts but he's not exactly... he's not that far gone.

Do you think Dabi's scars self-inflicted in that, say, he carved his own skin up or something? Or as a result of using his flames? I think it could be both. The latter because we find out that Toya is of a "cold nature," like his mother and other siblings. That means to say their bodies have a preference to the cold and have a lower heat resistance. Imagine having that kind of body but then having flames hotter than freaking "Hellflame." That must be terrifying. Really ironic too, given that Endeavor's plan was to create someone more powerful than him, but instead ending up with a son whose quirk and body are completely mismatched.

I don't think it'll be too bad if he does something. It'll at least be in character. Maybe copying Shinso's ability and using it in a way that seems villainous to Shinso, since he's had issues before about how people view him due to his power. It could be a great character moment for Monoma as well, as even if they win the fight he'll see Shinso picking 1-A anyway and realize his desire to beat 1-A is negatively affecting him as a hero. I'm just spitballing tho

I was thinking self inflicted for sure, but not about whether his body would be weak against his own quirk. Whoa. I hope Kohei goes with that

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
202 Spoiler thoughts

Pfff, Mushroom girl was doing it right. 1B was coming serious. It was 1A who needs to get with the program, especially since so many have lackluster performances. But who cares about that when there is more Endeavor to read about.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Lida and Todoroki being on the same team is a massive amount of hero-family privilege.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it'll be too bad if he does something. It'll at least be in character. Maybe copying Shinso's ability and using it in a way that seems villainous to Shinso, since he's had issues before about how people view him due to his power. It could be a great character moment for Monoma as well, as even if they win the fight he'll see Shinso picking 1-A anyway and realize his desire to beat 1-A is negatively affecting him as a hero. I'm just spitballing tho

I was thinking self inflicted for sure, but not about whether his body would be weak against his own quirk. Whoa. I hope Kohei goes with that
Oh shit, I'd actually love for that to happen with Monoma. Also, the idea of using Shinso's quirk in a villainous way is genius. I'd really love that too. It could be especially offensive to Shinso if they won through that. Man, that'd be great.
202 Spoiler thoughts

Pfff, Mushroom girl was doing it right. 1B was coming serious. It was 1A who needs to get with the program, especially since so many have lackluster performances. But who cares about that when there is more Endeavor to read about.
Taking it more seriously is right. Taking it that far and doing something potentially lethal is not. It's not something a hero would or should do.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
In the flashback, we're returning to full-blown evil Endeavor. It's been a while.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Raw scans are out, for anyone interested.

Bit unsettling seeing Endeavor like that again, abusing Shoto and looking all evil... Glad it's not just being forgotten, though. Now that we know that's the context of him saying it's regrettable what happened to Toya, I wonder how genuine his words are. Well, probably true, but he regrets it in a cold way in a "too bad he's a failure" kind of way and not whatever the fuck happened to him after.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Lmao

Raw scans are out, for anyone interested.

Bit unsettling seeing Endeavor like that again, abusing Shoto and looking all evil... Glad it's not just being forgotten, though. Now that we know that's the context of him saying it's regrettable what happened to Toya, I wonder how genuine his words are. Well, probably true, but he regrets it in a cold way in a "too bad he's a failure" kind of way and not whatever the fuck happened to him after.

I kind of miss Endeavor being deliciously evil. Wonder what Bakugo is saying to Deku and All Might.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I kind of miss Endeavor being deliciously evil. Wonder what Bakugo is saying to Deku and All Might.
I don't... I appreciate it, though. Just to remind us that this is how Endeavor was for the most part. It's making me uncomfortable and that's how it should make me feel.

I believe Bakugo is scolding them for talking about One For All so openly, and then All Might calls him a mom to which he naturally shouts back that he's not a mom.

I think.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I don't... I appreciate it, though. Just to remind us that this is how Endeavor was for the most part. It's making me uncomfortable and that's how it should make me feel.

I believe Bakugo is scolding them for talking about One For All so openly, and then All Might calls him a mom to which he naturally shouts back that he's not a mom.

I think.

I prefer Endeavor when he's looking to redeem himself, but I do enjoy certain aspects of his character that appear more rooted in his past ways. Like that face he makes when Shoto uses his flames for the first time. Or the shit talk he used to give All Might. The beating your wife and abusing your son stuff? Not so much lol.

Thanks for the translation! Seeing Bakugo being more worried about OfA than the current and previous holder is hilarious

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I prefer Endeavor when he's looking to redeem himself, but I do enjoy certain aspects of his character that appear more rooted in his past ways. Like that face he makes when Shoto uses his flames for the first time. Or the shit talk he used to give All Might. The beating your wife and abusing your son stuff? Not so much lol.

Thanks for the translation! Seeing Bakugo being more worried about OfA than the current and previous holder is hilarious
Oh, yeah, I really like that awkward and comedic side to Endeavor's character.

Oh, no, that wasn't a translation, haha. Just my guess based on some stuff. Except for the mom part. I think I got that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.