• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I can understand why they kept Geten. If they started translating names now, the hole manga would become inconsistent.
Yeah, that would be like calling Momo "Hundred" all the time, or Bakugo "Victory."

Still, it's a shame. "Apocrypha" would've been a really cool code name. I'll assume "Skeptic" and "Curious" were written in katakana.

Oct 25, 2017
Official art supports KiriKami, that KiriKami scene selected. Kiri's doesnt have baks at all.
D8JqRLFXoAAsKa9

Best KiriKami artist at it again.

And TodoBaks cause Im in a TodoBaks mood

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Man Dabi was really mad when Getten says that in the MLA society online meta abilities matters and everything is useless

Geez it's so weird that a fire guy would be so mad about this he must have a bad experience with someone who believed only strength in quirks matter

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm. Kinda makes me wanna change the poll to see how many believe he's Toya.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Though it should have at least more than 2 answers

1. Not Touya but related to endeavor
2. Completely unrelated to endeavor
3. Actually Touya
4. Alternate timeline Touya
5. Possessed Touya
6. Touya's clone
7. Izuku's dad

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, clearly he had a run in with The Human Torch
Endeavour would either love and try to adopt human torch or hate him because Human Torch power wise is better than him in every way

Human torch can go as hot as the sun, is completely immune to all fire except hellfire because magic and is so good at controlling fire he can freeze by absorbing heat and he straight up turned off another fire person powers because he can

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Though it should have at least more than 2 answers

1. Not Touya but related to endeavor
2. Completely unrelated to endeavor
3. Actually Touya
4. Alternate timeline Touya
5. Possessed Touya
6. Touya's clone
7. Izuku's dad
8. Punished Touya
9. Mirror universe Shoto
10. Young Endeavour from a different universe

Oct 27, 2017
Endeavour would either love and try to adopt human torch or hate him because Human Torch power wise is better than him in every way

Human torch can go as hot as the sun, is completely immune to all fire except hellfire because magic and is so good at controlling fire he can freeze by absorbing heat and he straight up turned off another fire person powers because he can

Probably hate him tbh
Well with the current poll having 52% for twice i feel like the result is obvious already.

You might be surprised

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just read the last chapter. Holy crap, does Twice even have a limit lmao. He seemed to cover the entire town with doubles. And boy, it sure would be a pain in the ass getting rid of all those clones if he didn't have someone like geten to wipe them all out lol.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Just read the last chapter. Holy crap, does Twice even have a limit lmao. He seemed to cover the entire town with doubles. And boy, it sure would be a pain in the ass getting rid of all those clones if he didn't have someone like geten to wipe them all out lol.
Only limit is that each double is weaker because it's being created by another double but doesn't matter when you have an army since

He can only create two at a time but since the double has a quirk it's an easy loophole

But theoretically he has no limits

"Favorite League of Villains member?" poll results
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Starting the new poll now. Leaving the final results of the first poll here:

qDHuuFc.png

The poll ran for one month, from the 5th of May to today, June 4th. In that time, Twice got more than 50% of the votes. That is incredible and very well-deserved. It's nice to see Toga come in at second considering she was quite low before. At least Spinner and Compress got some votes, I suppose? Haha. I'm kinda disappointed to see Compress only get two votes since I like the character quite a lot. If I had to order how much I like the League members:
  1. Dabi
  2. Twice
  3. Toga
  4. Compress
  5. Shigaraki
  6. Spinner
  7. Kurogiri
Anyways! New poll is up. What is Dabi's true identity? Personally, I firmly believe he is none other than Toya Todoroki, the unaccounted for eldest child of the Todoroki family. However, I'm not ruling out the highly unlikely possibilities that he is Endeavor's bastard or someone completely unrelated to the Todoroki family. I can go into much more detail but here's a bullet list (where I write long sentences anyway, lmao) of why I think he's Toya:
  • Dabi clearly has some issue with the Todoroki family, that is to say they're not just a famous hero family to him. They mean something to him, which is evidenced by his two interactions with members of said hero family: meeting Shoto at the summer training camp and Endeavor at Kyushu.
  • In the former, Horikoshi draws our attention to their very brief meeting. Dabi specifically names Shoto ("Too bad... Shoto Todoroki.") while giving him a condescending look. This tells us that he not only knows Shoto but may personally dislike the young hero-in-training.
  • His meeting with Endeavor is an even bigger sign given how vicious Dabi was towards the pro hero. We learn that he's wanted alone time with Endeavor for a while now, possibly to kill him given how his final words to him during this encounter was telling Endeavor to not die yet. (the wording and context made it pretty clear that Dabi meant for Endeavor to not die yet so that he can be the one to kill him)
  • These two interactions suggest that Dabi has feelings of contempt towards them. If he is indeed Toya, it would make sense for him to hate Enji and Shoto given that the former was an abusive parent who only saw his children as tools to further his own goal. As an extension of that, it would not be unexpected for Toya to despise Shoto for being the successful "tool." To add to that, their meeting could be seen as Dabi feeling something like "Too bad perfect child, I win this time."
  • We learned in the previous arc that while Toya was born with a more powerful quirk than even Endeavor's Hellflame, he was born with Rei's weak constitution. This could have meant that not only was Toya physically weak (which would explain his small stature despite being the eldest) but his body may have inherited Rei's own body's preference for the cold.
  • In chapter 230, we finally get confirmation that Dabi's quirk burns away at his flesh if used too long or too much. This would align with Toya's possible cold-attuned body, which we know wields flames.
  • Speaking of Toya's flames, Endeavor himself said they're stronger than his. Without much training (in comparison to the 20+ years of training Endeavor's gone through) he was able to assess this quite quickly, which is a bit curious. One way that could have been possible is that Toya's flames are naturally of a higher temperature than Endeavor's Hellflame. Blue flames burn hotter than the usual red/orange flames. Now, who wields blue flames?
  • If Dabi is Toya, his possibly cold-attuned body would be reacting to the hottest flames in the entire series. That would naturally result in physical damage to his body which is very obviously something Dabi has a lot of.
  • Also in chapter 230 is a small moment between Dabi and Geten when the latter expresses his strong belief that one's worth is directly tied to their power. Sounds familiar, right? Endeavor practically lived that way prior to the Kyushu arc. This statement from Geten pisses Dabi off, which would make sense if he was the son of someone who abused his family due to this same belief.
  • We also know that Dabi hates the idea of "fake heroes," the ones which Stain condemned. Dabi joined the League as a result of being moved by Stain's conviction to eliminate "fake heroes" from society, one of whom is Endeavor. Naturally, if you despise your abusive father for being so power-hungry to the point of committing morally atrocious acts despite being a "hero" you would be drawn towards a powerful figure who condemns people like that.
  • There's also a bunch of symbolism and imagery we can dig into, such as the multiple times the viewer's focus has been drawn towards Todoroki eyes (the same teal-colored eyes that Dabi has) as well as the left sides (the "Todoroki half" of Shoto) of their faces.
Whew, that was quite long. Coincidentally, I stumbled upon some cool Dabi fan art:

As well as some very snazzy rich kids trio fan art:

Firelight

Dec 14, 2018
Starting the new poll now. Leaving the final results of the first poll here:

qDHuuFc.png

The poll ran for one month, from the 5th of May to today, June 4th. In that time, Twice got more than 50% of the votes. That is incredible and very well-deserved. It's nice to see Toga come in at second considering she was quite low before. At least Spinner and Compress got some votes, I suppose? Haha. I'm kinda disappointed to see Compress only get two votes since I like the character quite a lot. If I had to order how much I like the League members:
  1. Dabi
  2. Twice
  3. Toga
  4. Compress
  5. Shigaraki
  6. Spinner
  7. Kurogiri
Anyways! New poll is up. What is Dabi's true identity? Personally, I firmly believe he is none other than Toya Todoroki, the unaccounted for eldest child of the Todoroki family. However, I'm not ruling out the highly unlikely possibilities that he is Endeavor's bastard or someone completely unrelated to the Todoroki family. I can go into much more detail but here's a bullet list (where I write long sentences anyway, lmao) of why I think he's Toya:
  • Dabi clearly has some issue with the Todoroki family, that is to say they're not just a famous hero family to him. They mean something to him, which is evidenced by his two interactions with members of said hero family: meeting Shoto at the summer training camp and Endeavor at Kyushu.
  • In the former, Horikoshi draws our attention to their very brief meeting. Dabi specifically names Shoto ("Too bad... Shoto Todoroki.") while giving him a condescending look. This tells us that he not only knows Shoto but may personally dislike the young hero-in-training.
  • His meeting with Endeavor is an even bigger sign given how vicious Dabi was towards the pro hero. We learn that he's wanted alone time with Endeavor for a while now, possibly to kill him given how his final words to him during this encounter was telling Endeavor to not die yet. (the wording and context made it pretty clear that Dabi meant for Endeavor to not die yet so that he can be the one to kill him)
  • These two interactions suggest that Dabi has feelings of contempt towards them. If he is indeed Toya, it would make sense for him to hate Enji and Shoto given that the former was an abusive parent who only saw his children as tools to further his own goal. As an extension of that, it would not be unexpected for Toya to despise Shoto for being the successful "tool." To add to that, their meeting could be seen as Dabi feeling something like "Too bad perfect child, I win this time."
  • We learned in the previous arc that while Toya was born with a more powerful quirk than even Endeavor's Hellflame, he was born with Rei's weak constitution. This could have meant that not only was Toya physically weak (which would explain his small stature despite being the eldest) but his body may have inherited Rei's own body's preference for the cold.
  • In chapter 230, we finally get confirmation that Dabi's quirk burns away at his flesh if used too long or too much. This would align with Toya's possible cold-attuned body, which we know wields flames.
  • Speaking of Toya's flames, Endeavor himself said they're stronger than his. Without much training (in comparison to the 20+ years of training Endeavor's gone through) he was able to assess this quite quickly, which is a bit curious. One way that could have been possible is that Toya's flames are naturally of a higher temperature than Endeavor's Hellflame. Blue flames burn hotter than the usual red/orange flames. Now, who wields blue flames?
  • If Dabi is Toya, his possibly cold-attuned body would be reacting to the hottest flames in the entire series. That would naturally result in physical damage to his body which is very obviously something Dabi has a lot of.
  • Also in chapter 230 is a small moment between Dabi and Geten when the latter expresses his strong belief that one's worth is directly tied to their power. Sounds familiar, right? Endeavor practically lived that way prior to the Kyushu arc. This statement from Geten pisses Dabi off, which would make sense if he was the son of someone who abused his family due to this same belief.
  • We also know that Dabi hates the idea of "fake heroes," the ones which Stain condemned. Dabi joined the League as a result of being moved by Stain's conviction to eliminate "fake heroes" from society, one of whom is Endeavor. Naturally, if you despise your abusive father for being so power-hungry to the point of committing morally atrocious acts despite being a "hero" you would be drawn towards a powerful figure who condemns people like that.
  • There's also a bunch of symbolism and imagery we can dig into, such as the multiple times the viewer's focus has been drawn towards Todoroki eyes (the same teal-colored eyes that Dabi has) as well as the left sides (the "Todoroki half" of Shoto) of their faces.
Whew, that was quite long. Coincidentally, I stumbled upon some cool Dabi fan art:

As well as some very snazzy rich kids trio fan art:

You know when its put into dot point list like this it really seems pretty set in stone that hes touya

Oct 27, 2017
You know when its put into dot point list like this it really seems pretty set in stone that hes touya

I work at Todoroki family and I'm here to confirm that he's actually that one guy from the license exam who looked sorta like Deku but he's wearing fake skin grafts and has flamethrowers in his hands

Please refrain from any talk that may implicate Mr Endeavour in unsavoury activity without evidence

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that makes me lean towards the "Endeavor's bastard" theory more still is a) I think it would've come up by now if Touya had blue fire and burns like that, during the pro hero arc if nowhere else and b) the use of Shoto's whole name in the forest arc. "Shoto" would've made me think Touya, "Shoto Todoroki" makes me feel like the family name is important to him. Maybe because he resents not having it?

Firelight

Dec 14, 2018
The thing that makes me lean towards the "Endeavor's bastard" theory more still is a) I think it would've come up by now if Touya had blue fire and burns like that, during the pro hero arc if nowhere else and b) the use of Shoto's whole name in the forest arc. "Shoto" would've made me think Touya, "Shoto Todoroki" makes me feel like the family name is important to him. Maybe because he resents not having it?
Thats actually a good train of thought i feel

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
so are people her excited for Sword and Shield
it reminds me, isn't Horikoshi a pokemon fan too? I remember that art that he did with Serena

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
it reminds me, isn't Horikoshi a pokemon fan too? I remember that art that he did with Serena
Right here, I'm going with Sobble and Sword, and ask for Horikoshi he seems like a big Nintendo fan in general since he also did fanart of Splatoon

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ooh, B is a good point! I can see that being the case, though I think both cases are possible. As for your first point, I don't think that's necessarily true given how they've not said anything about Toya. All we've gotten are vague statements (we only know that something bad happened, not even whether it was physical or mental, something fatal, etc.) so I wouldn't expect them to have said something like that.
No idea about Horikoshi but I'm very excited for Sword and Shield! It looks really good and I enjoyed the trailer and Direct a whole lot more than I expected I would. Now I just have to figure out if I'm finally gonna buy a Switch...

#TeamSobble, by the way.
Best art of today

D7wno1MW4AcTii7.jpg

And something bunkitz might enjoy.
D8UrdzSUcAA9Qih.jpg

Artist: helloclonion
The artist got some other cool artwork so check it out.
Aww, bless you for sharing these and tagging me! I've been a fan of helloclonion's work for quite a while now, and I'm friends with the organizers of the zine so I've been looking forward to it for a long time now too. It's funny, our other friends and I were hoping helloclonion would be a part of the zine (the organizers didn't want to disclose information about it until the right time of course) and it turns out they're the cover artist! ❤️

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I voted Kurogiri!

Also speaking of Human Torch anybody else hope he and the fantastic four are announced for Mua3 in the Nintendo e3 direct? Boy am I hyped for that game. Also never forget the original Android Human Torch

Also yeah put me in the Dabi is related to Endeavor camp

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm? Wasn't your idea that he's not related to the family at all?
Skin grafts from Touya.m

The longer version of that is: Disillusioned kid with a fire quirk that hurt him. Resents Endeavpr for being a shit of a person with a version of his quirk that works. Got his skin grafts from Touya (willingly or otherwise).

EDIT: The reason being that that would tie together all of the threads of Dabi's character, including his taking interest in the League of Villains due to Stain, someone disillusioned in the same way he is.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Skin grafts from Touya.m

The longer version of that is: Disillusioned kid with a fire quirk that hurt him. Resents Endeavpr for being a shit of a person with a version of his quirk that works. Got his skin grafts from Touya (willingly or otherwise).

EDIT: The reason being that that would tie together all of the threads of Dabi's character, including his taking interest in the League of Villains due to Stain, someone disillusioned in the same way he is.
Ah, right. That falls under the category of someone completely unrelated to the family. I didn't go too specific with any of the options to be more inclusive of other theories.
Also speaking of Human Torch anybody else hope he and the fantastic four are announced for Mua3 in the Nintendo e3 direct? Boy am I hyped for that game.
Took me quite a while to understand why you mentioned Human Torch, haha. There's no reason to not include them now and I love them, so I hope the FF make it! Hopefully with their current costumes too, at least.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ah, right. That falls under the category of someone completely unrelated to the family. I didn't go too specific with any of the options to be more inclusive of other theories.

Took me quite a while to understand why you mentioned Human Torch, haha. There's no reason to not include them now and I love them, so I hope the FF make it! Hopefully with their current costumes too, at least.
And Doom and Namor of course. Most characters seem to be using their iconic looks however Alt costumes is a confirmed returning feature

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, Endeavor not recognizing him of he's Touya never made sense to me.

'He was blind when they met'

But we know for a fact the police know what he looks like. Meaning Endeavor, number one hero, should too. And if his burns make him unrecognizable then Endeavor being blinded ia still a red herring since ot wouldn't have mattered anyways.

Moreover, he should recognize his son's quirk and his son's voice. The chapter where Dabi confronted Endeavor (or the one before it) was all about how good Endeavor's memory is.

(Also not a big fan of how it's been decided Touya is the kid with white hair instead of the mostly white with some red at the temples one.

'But Adder, clearly Natsuo just dies his hair to look like his older brother, see how the red white kid has spikey hair?'

To which I respond: Why is it more likely Natsuo dies his hair to look like his brother than it is that he styles his hair to look like him? If we're saying Dabi is Touya, Dabi has spiked hair, white haired kid has feathered hair, and Natsuo's hair is spiked up top, but his bangs are feathered. If we're saying Touya's weak constitution caused him to be so short despite being the oldest, how did he then shoot up to be so tall?)

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My sister was in town last week, and I hooked her up with my Funimation password. Now I'm getting live reactions.

Feels gud.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
nfDjB61.jpg
tln7TBo.jpg

Found this in the digital copy of Vol. 19 and Amazon webpage. Second page shows the author description is done halfway and then it stopped.

There is a barcode in the volume release. What's the use of barcodes for digital copies?
0DtBl1z.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Hope I can get my copy of volume 19 soon! Love that arc and I'm looking forward to seeing the completed musical.
I wouldn't call 'family member's skin stapled to my body' completely unrelated, personally.
Fair enough. I edited that option and removed "completely" so it's a bit more flexible now.
And Doom and Namor of course. Most characters seem to be using their iconic looks however Alt costumes is a confirmed returning feature
Can we play as villains in the game? I don't remember if we could in past MUA games but it'd be cool to play as Doom. Namor would be awesome too.

Oct 25, 2017
But why ruin the cover although it's not that noticeable?
Vol. 12 has it too.
22Wudc9.jpg
Because horikoshi makes spoof comic book covers for these pages since that's his inspiration?

You can see these same spoofy barcodes and this same sort of style for many of his colors pages, just go back and browse them all, chp 2, 73,. 96, 100, 125, 153, so forth and so on.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hope I can get my copy of volume 19 soon! Love that arc and I'm looking forward to seeing the completed musical.

Fair enough. I edited that option and removed "completely" so it's a bit more flexible now.

Can we play as villains in the game? I don't remember if we could in past MUA games but it'd be cool to play as Doom. Namor would be awesome too.
The initial reveal teased it and so far Venom and Magneto are confirmed playable. Expect the more friendly guys but yeah Doom and Namor would both be candidates, wouldn't rule out Thanos as a difficult infinity trial unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.