• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The only people that wouldn't make sense and are disqualified from being the traitor are Aizawa, All Might, Nezu (because of the inner monologue page), Tsuyu (almost killed by Shigaraki), Bakugo, and everyone who went to rescue Bakugou

Everyone else is fair game
What about the theory that Shigiraki doesn't know about the double agent or at least who it is

I mean he wasn't to kill students just all might him killing tsu was just Shigiraki being Shigiraki who could left them alone since he was about to retreat anyway or send nomu or kurogiri to subdue them

I doubt it's tsu but it would be amazing

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
What about the theory that Shigiraki doesn't know about the double agent or at least who it is

I mean he wasn't to kill students just all might him killing tsu was just Shigiraki being Shigiraki who could left them alone since he was about to retreat anyway or send nomu or kurogiri to subdue them

I doubt it's tsu but it would be amazing
I guess that would free her up but I would really doubt it, her personality so far has been pretty against rule-breaking

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that would free her up but I would really doubt it, her personality so far has been pretty against rule-breaking
Yeah Tsu has to be an amazing actor like since she was a kid when she became friends with the shy snake girl because she's too nice

Or when she risk her life in her intern with the seal guy she could have comply and let them go wheb they had selke hostage and no one would blame her being a student

Also really good at crying

It would be amazing for the memes but I doubt

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My extremely cynical thought is that the traitor (never shown, of course) is going to visit All Might during one of his all nighters studying the successors, he'll be trusting and naive and welcome them in, and then he'll get attacked. He'll naturally survive since he needs a big farewell death scene, but in the meantime he'll be unconscious and unable to name the traitor.

More cynical thought: the police will be so upset that they were kept out of the traitor loop that they'll force themselves into the investigation, find the successors' Quirks notebook with Midoriya's name on it, and without Tsukauchi to explain what it means will completely misinterpret it to mean that All Might was investigating a kid with a bunch of stolen Quirks from AfO.
I hate this and want this at the same time.

I hate it because this would be such a horrible way for All Might to go out. The greatest hero in the world snuffed out by some brat (yeah I suspect it's a student as well).

i want it because it would be a dramatic as FUCK way to present the traitor twist. A student needs some help huh? oh that's no big.......OH GOD!!!

Yeah I can get behind that.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

I hate it because this would be such a horrible way for All Might to go out. The greatest hero in the world snuffed out by some brat (yeah I suspect it's a student as well).

i want it because it would be a dramatic as FUCK way to present the traitor twist. A student needs some help huh? oh that's no big.......OH GOD!!!

and panel reveal

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN

Its Momo

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I sill think thers's a traitor in the midst and with Toga's new found ability she's definitely infiltrating the academy; with them splitting up for internships she's going to slide into class-A..and yeah it's going to be Uraraka.

Also I'm assuming Hawks was able to relay information about the newfound LoV?

Chase

Oct 25, 2017

And that student will be Deku

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Why does everyone think Kaminari is the traitor?
679.jpg

A theory that originated from realizing his quirk might be able to signal the Villains during the USJ and camp arc, and that his original design looked villainous

The theory just regain steam when he did the L thing last chapter

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Kaminari has alway been my top pick...him and Hagakure; I believe she can turn off her invisibity or even extend it (I have no evidence to support this claim but i believe!!!)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Why does everyone think Kaminari is the traitor?
679.jpg

A theory that originated from realizing his quirk might be able to signal the Villains during the USJ and camp arc, and that his original design looked villainous

The theory just regain steam when he did the L thing last chapter
It helps that we actually don't know much about him compared to a lot of other characters and he hasn't done much to stand out other being decent in the practical stuff but not that much

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
To add to the Kaminari theory, there are a couple of instances where he talks in a really weird, eloquent manner that is completely at odds with his general personality (iirc the first instance is on the bus on the way to USJ when the kids are making fun of Bakugo).

Edit: here's the panel, can't see any watermarks on this so I hope it's ok:

tumblr_inline_oarrpj5xq21ro26sq_400.png

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Kaminari and Hagakure are the obvious suspects if it's a student

It's characters we know very little about, doesn't get much focus, don't stand out too much (heh hagakure) whose powers could be expanded because their weakness could be faked or there's more to the power and they could hide it and could notify villains without being noticed Kaminari is established that he could send signals and Hagakure duh

It's not a guarantee but it makes the most obvious

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
To add to the Kaminari theory, there are a couple of instances where he talks in a really weird, eloquent manner that is completely at odds with his general personality (iirc the first instance is on the bus on the way to USJ when the kids are making fun of Bakugo).

Bakugo noticed that iirc

Also him switching from cowardly to serious when fighting meatball but again that could just be a shonen thing

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
iOPFwDev-eAM6vfncADMnCALdk9fBvIhsdoGq8cM9HQ.gif

(Me enjoying another slice of life, heart bursting with affection)
Vs.
source.gif

(Me at the end of the chapter)

Yeah, things are heating up big time, despite the wintry season. I'm glad Hori brought back up the traitor subplot, but the way he frames it here it sounds like it could be someone outside of 1-A. I hope that's not the case and they've just been really careful. Money is still on Hagakure.

Man, that party. Sooo many things to look at and notice. Mina and Kaminari jacking Bakugo's clothes. Sero cooking, then force feeding Bakugo lol. Tokoyami bringing the buster sword. Eri Claus!!!!! Too cute! She prepared for every holiday. Deku and Uraraka got gifts from each other, Bakugo got a pair of glasses from Iida I think, and Mineta got a picture of Aoyama. LOL. I love that Iida had the beard with his get-up and conducted the singing from on high.

Great stuff all around Hori.

But that ending, it's fantastic. Deku and Kacchan interning with Shoto under Endeavor makes so much sense. Plus Endeavor's connection to Hawks will inevitably lead them back to the League. Seeing those three bounce off each other and interact with Endeavor is gonna be top tier stuff. I'm really excited!!! I'm also curious what Bakugo will do about Best Jeanist. I still don't think he's dead, Bakugo has to tell him his hero name!

How will Deku and Bakugo respond? Will All Might make it in time for Christmas? Can Eri get any more cute? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Are we sure that isnt just a translation thing? Because that is such a HUGE departure from anything we have seen.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's not a translation thing Bakugo when he responded commented on his vocabulary

It's not proof of anything honestly it could him trying to be cool

Could just be his use of colorful vocab that got Bakugo to notice, it doesn't seem very proper or anything to me. Though if Kaminari is the traitor imagine how pissed Kacchan and Kirishima would be...

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah I'm pretty sure part of the joke was him using advanced vocabulary to imply Bakugou isn't smart.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
We should sit down and do a list of who we know it's not.

100% not the the traitor
- Deku (duh)
- All Might (duh)
- Bakugo
- Aizowa
- Snipes
- Thirteen
- Tsu
- Momo
- Todoroki
- Kirishima
- Iida
- Principal Nezu
- The Pussycats

Did I miss anyone? I probably missed someone obvious. There are other people who I think it's highly unlikely they are the traitor (Uraraka and Kyoka for example), but I have no solid proof like i do for the ones listed above. I think everyone else is fair game at this point.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This was such a wholesome chapter and has the worst calm before the storm Iv ever felt reading a manga chapter.

I'm both scared and excited for what's to come.
Yeah i got the distinct feeling that this is gonna be the last "Awwwww" chapter we will see for a LONG time.

- Mentioned the Traitor
- Brought up Best Jeanist missing
- Pointed out that Eris horn is growing back
- Deku, Todoroki, and Bakugo off to train with Endeavor

Yeah I have a feeling things are gonna get reeeeeeeal interesting in the coming weeks.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
This was such a wholesome chapter and has the worst calm before the storm Iv ever felt reading a manga chapter.

I'm both scared and excited for what's to come.
Yeah i got the distinct feeling that this is gonna be the last "Awwwww" chapter we will see for a LONG time.

- Mentioned the Traitor
- Brought up Best Jeanist missing
- Pointed out that Eris horn is growing back
- Deku, Todoroki, and Bakugo off to train with Endeavor

Yeah I have a feeling things are gonna get reeeeeeeal interesting in the coming weeks.
giphy.gif

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Man All Might still not looking to hot. Take a rest brah.
Also him thinking something bad happened to Deku out of anyone is pretty cute.

And he forgot Christmas I hope he bought Deku a P.S Vita.

Also Inko spending Christmas all alone. What is this nonsense. Call your mother Deku.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
It's a real thing though. It also explains why Aizawa supposedly expelled 154 kids before teaching 1-A.
I wouldn't look too deep into early chapter stuff for clues.

Oct 27, 2017
That was a good wholesome chapter but I don't know how I feel about all 3 of them interning together

Was hoping Deku would intern for another hero who could get more screentime from the main character exposure

Also it just seems like a really convenient and on-the-nose way to make all 3 of them and no one else relevant to an upcoming event

Ah well still interested to see what comes of it

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also it just seems like a really convenient and on-the-nose way to make all 3 of them and no one else relevant to an upcoming event

Really convenient and on-the-nose is pretty on brand for this series lol

At least it's easier to swallow than usual this time around with Best Jeanist and Nighteye's absences/deaths being setup in advance.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Really convenient and on-the-nose is pretty on brand for this series lol

At least it's easier to swallow than usual this time around with Best Jeanist and Nighteye's absences/deaths being setup in advance.
Yeah but I assume we will get some peeks into how the other internships are going.

Deku and the gang might even run into the others during a mission or something.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but I assume we will get some peeks into how the other internships are going.

Deku and the gang might even run into the others during a mission or something.

I'm not expecting a big peek unless it's another Overhaul-esque arc where they all just come together to take on the same villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.