• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Tokoyami should be getting more screen time this arc he's probably going to intern with Hawks again, the PLF should be the main antagonists of this arc so I don't expect it to play out the same as the Overhaul arc

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Tokoyami should be getting more screen time this arc he's probably going to intern with Hawks again, the PLF should be the main antagonists of this arc so I don't expect it to play out the same as the Overhaul arc
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Hawks turns him down. Gonna be kind of hard to be a spy and also teach Tokoyami.

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish Tokoyami interning with Hawks would come around soon so he could do something but like has been said he'll probably get turned down

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I still think we will see another students, probably from other schools. The 3 being together under Endeavor is just so they can be near the scene when shit hits the fan.

anyway Eri anime theme leaked early

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
We gonna see Tokoyami go full berserk in this arc, in the camp he was still conscious trying to hold Dark Shadow

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Such a fun chapter! Eri is peak cuteness and her getting Tokoyami's gift was hilarious and cute at the same time. Deku and Uraraka getting each other's presents was nice, though I hope they get some more interactions to make their inevitable relationship come about better and more naturally. Bakugo was a lot of fun too, and it was nice seeing Kaminari and Mina force him to wear the outfit, lol.

I still believe the traitor is either Hagakure or Kaminari. Given the previous chapter, I'm currently leaning towards the latter and I like the potential angst that'll create for Bakugo as well given how close they've become.
bunkitz would spontaneously combust in a nuclear explosion and take half the solar system with them.
Don't be silly. That sets up potential TodoMomo angst. It's still a potential win.

Also, that would result in Momo's backstory finally being explored so that's another win, lol.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Anyone here play Dota 2? I just finished a late game Phantom Lancer game where I went twice mode.

I love unstoppable hoards, whether it be in a videogame, movie or manga.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Such a fun chapter! Eri is peak cuteness and her getting Tokoyami's gift was hilarious and cute at the same time. Deku and Uraraka getting each other's presents was nice, though I hope they get some more interactions to make their inevitable relationship come about better and more naturally. Bakugo was a lot of fun too, and it was nice seeing Kaminari and Mina force him to wear the outfit, lol.

I still believe the traitor is either Hagakure or Kaminari. Given the previous chapter, I'm currently leaning towards the latter and I like the potential angst that'll create for Bakugo as well given how close they've become.

Don't be silly. That sets up potential TodoMomo angst. It's still a potential win.

Also, that would result in Momo's backstory finally being explored so that's another win, lol.
Kaminari being the traitor would make me so sad

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
True but Kaminari would hit me more as he's one of my favorite characters

Oh okay I see what you mean then.
It could be a teacher but unless it's Aizawa or the princess it's more dramatic to be a student
Yeah but we don't have many main teachers left that it could be. We already know it's not Aizowa, Nezu, Snipes, or 13. The only teachers we have left tha would be surprising is Cementoss, Midnight, or Mic.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Boy I hope this may be my long awaited Tokoyami arc, but obviously the trio would be the main focus. I could see it going either way; Hawks turning Tokoyami down to keep him out of harm's way makes sense, but considering he interned with him not only during the initial post-Sports Festival run but also during the actual internships Hawks all of a sudden cutting ties with him may raise suspicion.

As far as the traitor goes, I do think for narrative purposes it has to be Kaminari if anyone. In my opinion the traitor reveal has to be a gut punch to the students, a gut punch to the readers, and should be a credible threat in their own right and as much as I like him he ticks all three boxes. Horikoshi himself has said he's the glue that holds 1-A together, he's one of the more popular students among the fans, and his quirk is incredibly powerful, especially if in a traitor scenario the brain-frying derp limits was indeed a ruse.

Hagakure is of course still an option and would tick boxes one and three (given that any student being a turncoat would crush 1-A and invisibility in the hands of a villain would be deadly) but given how far in the background she's been her betrayal would likely be an emotional dud to the fanbase.

Or it could be someone else completely out of left field.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If it is someone from class B i think only Kendo or Monoma would have any impact.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
honestly present mic mentions a traitor once and it's taken as gospel that there definitely is one

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Red herrings exist. There can be no traitor but the traitor plotline still be useful
There's been red herrings already about WHO the traitor Is at this point. And as much as people like to pretend Horikoshi has forgot about that plotline, he has consistently reminded us that it exists since it was first revealed. You don't do all that if you had nothing to do with it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There's been red herrings already about WHO the traitor Is at this point. And as much as people like to pretend Horikoshi has forgot about that plotline, he has consistently reminded us that it exists since it was first revealed. You don't do all that if you had nothing to do with it.
What I am saying is that even there is no traitor it can still be used to create drama
For example, imagine if the class learns that the school is suspecting them and that is the reason they are being watched nonstop?
Even in this arc they are basically being lied to about the reason the internships are coming back

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
What I am saying is that even there is no traitor it can still be used to create drama
For example, imagine if the class learns that the school is suspecting them and that is the reason they are being watched nonstop?
Even in this arc they are basically being lied to about the reason the internships are coming back

But what would that accomplish narritive-wise? There still needs to be payoff for a satisfying conclusion for the traitor arc, otherwise it would have been a wild goose chase for the readers. It just being there to create drama isnt enough if there isn't some forward progress as a result of it.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
honestly I can't think of any student introduced so far that I would be satisfied if they turned out to be a traitor

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
There has to be a traitor at this point. Hori has invested too much into that plot line and carried it forward for too long for it to just be a nothing burger.

Chekhov's Gun, indeed.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
But what would that accomplish narritive-wise? There still needs to be payoff for a satisfying conclusion for the traitor arc, otherwise it would have been a wild goose chase for the readers. It just being there to create drama isnt enough if there isn't some forward progress as a result of it.
Look I am just giving an example, Horikoshi can use that accomplish a lot of things, just because I didn't say what the pay-off would be doesnt mean I am saying there will be none

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If Hori does it I hope he goes all the way. I don't want it to be a halfway thing where a student was just inadvertently supplying information.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
My Hero Academia Vigilantes 1-60

I'm honestly surprised an anime for this hasn't been announced yet. The first arc is more or less primed for it.

Everything afterwards kinda falls flat though. Although it is nice to see Koichi constantly thinking of new ways to use his powers.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I could see it. Have there be a whole Mole Hunt arc that tears the heroes apart, maybe even resulting in some actual hero vs. hero fights, culminating with the League crashing in and... in the end, there really wasn't a traitor. Lots of pain and mistrust for nothing. A message about the importance of trusting people and not letting your fear and paranoia get to you.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I could see it. Have there be a whole Mole Hunt arc that tears the heroes apart, maybe even resulting in some actual hero vs. hero fights, culminating with the League crashing in and... in the end, there really wasn't a traitor. Lots of pain and mistrust for nothing. A message about the importance of trusting people and not letting your fear and paranoia get to you.
You get it, that is one of the pay-offs that could happen
We see in this last chapter how the class is really close now, have somethings that creates a rift between them could shake things up
In summary Civil War UA edition

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
That last part sounds...unsatisfying. Plus, who needs to learn that lesson? The teachers? The kids don't even know there's a traitor and presumably won't until shit hits the fan.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That last part sounds...unsatisfying. Plus, who needs to learn that lesson? The teachers? The kids don't even know there's a traitor and presumably won't until shit hits the fan.
It'd work a lot like... you ever watch Star Trek DS9? There's this theme of what an "ideal" society might resort to when something really pushes it. The heroes in MHA are living pretty high at the start of the series. It's just assumed that they'll always win, because ever since All Might, they always have - and that's a pretty big point in their favor, as a lot of would-be villains just don't try. It is, however, becoming increasingly tenuous. It was seriously challenged in the Pro Hero arc, for instance. This would be an extension of that, part of the collapse of the hero society, maybe even the culmination of it. The heroes, really truly pushed to the brink for the first time, turn on each other out of pure stress and paranoia, and the PLF swoops in. The survivors are the ones who learn the lesson.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It'd work a lot like... you ever watch Star Trek DS9? There's this theme of what an "ideal" society might resort to when something really pushes it. The heroes in MHA are living pretty high at the start of the series. It's just assumed that they'll always win, because ever since All Might, they always have - and that's a pretty big point in their favor, as a lot of would-be villains just don't try. It is, however, becoming increasingly tenuous. It was seriously challenged in the Pro Hero arc, for instance. This would be an extension of that, part of the collapse of the hero society, maybe even the culmination of it. The heroes, really truly pushed to the brink for the first time, turn on each other out of pure stress and paranoia, and the PLF swoops in. The survivors are the ones who learn the lesson.
I've never seen DS9, just bits of TNG here and there! While all that does sound interesting, if Hori does that I'd prefer he didn't sacrifice the traitor subplot to set that up. Something like that could happen independent of what's going on with the traitor, or even have the traitor get revealed and then the heroes get even more paranoid or what not.

At this point, I'd say we're in too deep. There better be a traitor lol or I'm questioning Hori's choices tough

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean it could turn out there wasn't a traitor but that there was an accidental leak/Toga has swapped out with students from time to time without being detected, that's a pretty classic setup with a shapeshifter in play

Oct 25, 2017
as i always thought traitor kaminari plots devotees were just seeing what they wanted to see. Thank you horikoshi for that total vindication and complete exoneration. I knew there was no traitor plot in the students. I knew it.

Anywaycute moments with kami getting that hat on Baks, and Kami singing too best.

Shoto in festive wear was a surprise too.

ah and screaming in joy, a bakutododeku arc WITH Endeavour?! like its 75% of a dream come true! please make it happen. please.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There better be a traitor lol or I'm questioning Hori's choices tough
I really dislike this attitude, you are already dismissing other possibilities without even seeing what they can be. For things like it is always better wait for the pay off before questioning the Author choices
And it isnt just you, I have seen a lot of this sentiment in the MHA fanbase, people create expectations of what should happen and when Horikoshi goes for another thing they call it disappointing or bad writing. People should be more open for other plot paths

Status
Not open for further replies.