• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited for anime-only viewers to see season 4. Lots of cool stuff and it'll feature some of the most "different" stories in the series so far. It'll be the first one where Deku and co. deal with villains in an official capacity, the first one to follow characters (Kirishima and Mirio, Tamaki too) more closely who aren't Deku, and then it'll also have Deku's first proper win against a villain.
Same haha. Hell at episode 2 it already had me tearing up
The music is also really, really good, isn't it? I was so amazed by the first one they did together.
Morlas keeps wanting me to watch Carole and Tuesday

I guess I should
Do iiiiit.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Morlas keeps wanting me to watch Carole and Tuesday

I guess I should
IncredibleOrganicBug-size_restricted.gif

I'm excited for anime-only viewers to see season 4. Lots of cool stuff and it'll feature some of the most "different" stories in the series so far. It'll be the first one where Deku and co. deal with villains in an official capacity, the first one to follow characters (Kirishima and Mirio, Tamaki too) more closely who aren't Deku, and then it'll also have Deku's first proper win against a villain.
Season 4 may end up being my favorite season by far. Cause it's the first one where I'm very passionate about all the material adapted assuming predictions are true because the Yakuza arc is my favorite in the series, Gentle is my favorite villain and the concert could be a very powerful moment with actual sound considering how powerful it is merely with images (...in Volume 20).
The music is also really, really good, isn't it? I was so amazed by the first one they did together.
Yup. I love all of their songs.
I actually have all the songs from "Part 1" on my phone cause it's on Apple Music and it's all I've been listening to the past few days. There's some great stuff from "Carole & Tuesday" but other artists in the show too.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I'm looking forward to the reaction videos. The major moments are gonna be jawdroppers for the uninitiated.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about when one new battle shonen becomes successful is when people tries to force comparisons with other ones.
It happenned with TPN when it exploded and I am already seeing it happen Kimetsu.
It is like people cant praise something without pushing other things down.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

Do iiiiit.
I cannot wait to see Deku wreck Overhaul honestly

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The worst thing about when one new battle shonen becomes successful is when people tries to force comparisons with other ones.
It happenned with TPN when it exploded and I am already seeing it happen Kimetsu.
It is like people cant praise something without pushing other things down.
What battle shonen did people compare TPN to?
I understand the sentiment though. I generally don't like trying to make something look good by making another look bad, or vice versa and try not to do it (I probably have though on occasion). But I guess I can also understand comparison coming naturally to people. As long as it's not done in a belligerent way, I don't mind it too much.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
TPN ain't even really a battle shounen in the traditional sense

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I understand the sentiment though. I generally don't like trying to make something look good by making another look bad, or vice versa and try not to do it (I probably have though on occasion). But I guess I can also understand comparison coming naturally to people. As long as it's not done in a belligerent way, I don't mind it too much.
Sorry, I was vague, MHA of course, that is why i say forced.

Tho to be fair I wasnt around the MHA community when it exploded so i dunno what it was being compared to.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kamakiri has a cool quirk, want to see more of him
Yeah, but I wonder how he actually manages to use his quirk to non lethally combat people. I know it's anime/manga rules and other characters have this problem as well (Todoroki/Endeavour and his flames that never burn anyone), but something about him stands out in this regard. Like he constantly goes on about turning people into mincemeat. Like what would have happened if he actually got his attack off on Jirou.

Probably Death Note since they're both Shounen Jump titles that are mostly thriller.

I don't think comparisons are inherently bad. You can point out similarities in genre and tone, without saying one is better than the other or "dragging one down to the other".

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I was vague, MHA of course.

Tho to be fair I wasnt around the MHA community when it exploded so i dunno what it was being compared to.
But like what aspects lol? I kinda assumed MHA was tied into it given the thread, and have a pretty good idea what the Kimetsu thing is in that regard, but with TPN I don't know what it is.

I assume Naruto mainly. Maybe some even felt saucy and went after One Piece, idk. Since then, the MHA vs X that comes to mind is Black Clover, feels like it's obligatory when one has passing knowledge of both lol. To the point where one time YonkoProd uploaded a video praising MHA, said he'd make a BC video next and people were like "oh shit he's gonna shit on it" for no reason and were ready to dislike the video then he ended up praising it lol

Probably Death Note since they're both Shounen Jump titles that are mostly thriller.

I don't think comparisons are inherently bad. You can point out similarities in genre and tone, without saying one is better than the other or "dragging one down to the other".

Oh that I get, and I've thought of Death Note while reading TPN too. But neither are battle shonen to me. I'd say thriller like you.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
But like what aspects lol? I kinda assumed MHA was tied into it given the thread, and have a pretty good idea what the Kimetsu thing is in that regard, but with TPN I don't know what it is.

I assume Naruto mainly. Maybe some even felt saucy and went after One Piece, idk. Since then, the MHA vs X that comes to mind is Black Clover, feels like it's obligatory when one has passing knowledge of both lol. To the point where one time YonkoProd uploaded a video praising MHA, said he'd make a BC video next and people were like "oh shit he's gonna shit on it" for no reason and were ready to dislike the video then he ended up praising it lol
I dont even remember what, I think the writing? That for me never made sense because TPN is more of a thriller manga, in the end I think it was mostly because of manga sales.
Kimetsu what i have seen is Boruto, MHA and BC. Bleach too.

To be fair not all comparisons are like this. But I have noticed people try to compare things for whatever reason, either because manga x is more popular, or necause it was launched around the same time, or because their animes aired at the same time.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I dont even remember what, I think the writing? That for me never made sense because TPN is more of a thriller manga, in the end I think it was mostly because of manga sales.
Kimetsu what i have seen is Boruto, MHA and BC. Bleach too.

To be fair not all comparisons are like this. But I have noticed people try to compare things for whatever reason, either because manga x is more popular, or necause it was launched around the same time, or because their animes aired at the same time.
I suppose sometimes fans want to feel like their choices are validated. I've felt that too in the past but nowadays, I'm content with merely liking something regardless of whether it's more or less popular than another thing.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose sometimes fans want to feel like their choices are validated. I've felt that too in the past but nowadays, I'm content with merely liking something regardless of whether it's more or less popular than another thing.
I know I know.
Maybe that is the reason why I am not feeling like reading shonen mangas lately, the mangas seem interesting but I dont want to deal with the community anymore.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Black Clover is so freaking bland and repetitive. I dropped it after coming to the realization that what felt like at least half of the chapters ended in practically the exact same way.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
BC does group camaraderie well, everything else not so much, I ended up dropping it three times, it's not really worth it in my opinion

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
One day I will sit down to read it. But man even the first chapter was just rather boring. I'm sure it does get better from there, as I've noticed many shonen start slow then get good later, but the question is how much better.

I only read MHA, One Piece, Chainsawman, TPN, Boruto, and World Trigger (if this still counts) from Shonen jump. I do like gathering new weekly manga to read. I'll likely read Demon Slayer weekly when I catch up with the anime.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard bad things about Black Clover
The manga is dumb fun. The *usually* quick pace makes the manga kind of a fun read if you're bored. The characters are kinda one note, but can be charming when they're interacting with each other. The exceptions to this are Noelle, the love interest, who I swear is at her absolute worst when interacting with Asta (MC). All she does is her violent tsundere shtick when around him, which gets old quick. Also Yuno, the main rival, is just a boring character no matter what they do with him.

The anime is just pure garbage though. Annoying JP voice acting from Asta mixed with mostly bad animation and bad pacing.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Chapter 243 Here we go! Endeavor Agency

New Year's Eve Deku is home for a day with a Pro Hero guard. He talks to his mom about the joint training and his letter from Eri and his mom starts crying, she's just so happy or maybe worried.

In a mansion somewhere Hawks went to buy coffee and then heads back to PLF headquarters. Slidin' Go fusses at him, "Stop flying around! I'm higher ranking than you in the PLF!" and Hawks respectfully gives him a PLF pose.

But Chikazoku appears and gets all friendly with Hawks, saying Hawks has more influence than Slidin' Go and can get them insider information. Apparently they have micro devices attached to Hawks' wings and plan on exposing the heroes.

The origin trio (Midoriya, Todoroki, Bakugo) decide to go to intern at Endeavor's agency and meet him. Endeavor tells them that honestly he only wanted his son to come. Deku notices that Endeavor seems changed since he saw him at the Sports Festival.

In a flashback, Deku remembers All Might advising him that "If the two of you (Bakugo and Midoriya) are going to become top heroes then this is a chance you shouldn't miss out on".

After that there's a villain attack and Endeavor tells them to stay back and watch him, but there they find Hawks too!?

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
oh good

before the chapter where All Might gets murked by the traitor right after saying "unseen 1-A student I will trust you with my life because I love you so much", we can get a cheery chapter of Hawks looking on in horror as he inadvertently exposes Endeavor's past sins to the world while Dabi passes out 5x7 glossy photos of Jeanist's corpse (labeled "HAWKS KILLED THIS GUY") to the interns. Bakugou's will also have "you will never tell him your hero name :(" written on it

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Now i am even more sure that the collapse of hero society is happening at the end of this arc. Everything's coming to a head

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh god. Oh shit.

Endeavor vs Hawks right off the bat????

The arc JUST started man. Things can't happen THIS QUICKLY HORI!!!! God damnit we JUST had a nice wholesome Xmas chapter and now everything ia going to shit immediately???

I can't believe it's going this fast.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Lol you couldn't even remember the name, and it's funny that you mentioned Hiro Mashima with Fire Force since he's actually good friends with Ōkubo and is the one who told him he should add more Tamaki and Fanservice
Yeah and then the manga jumps straight into two arcs with next to no fanservice and Tamaki doing nothing for 150 chapters. That character's an interesting case where I think Okubo made a character with a quirk he thought was funny, then realized he fucked up when she started winning the popularity polls. She kind of does things nowadays, but man I can tell Okubo is struggling.

It doesn't even stop there His next Manga is Fairy Tale meets Space Fairy Tale meets good Fairy Tale (Rave Master)

Imagine creating one series, then being able to go the rest of your life just reusing the same crap. Truly we should all strive to be like Mashima.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
from what Horikoshi been setting up it seems like this arc will be about the Media exposing the Heroes dirty laundry, in the interview chapter that public is more sympathetic towards the heroes because of Endeavor, now the world is going to find out Endeavor is an abuser with a Villain son and Hawks is going to be expose for killing Jeanist, which could set up for a good fight for Bakugo

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Gah, fairy tale talk! Y'all looking for something good to read that's battle... it's not really shonen, but it's included in SJ so whatever... check out Hell's Paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.