• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So that jist happened, holy hell. I'm guessing its not going to just be a media exposure of the heroes, I think its gonna be a total wipeout being live broadcasted. Hawks was sent to kill Endeavor while other PLF members attack other top 10 heroes, and when the deed is done they likely are going to show the world that the heroes are dead. Or something to that effect. Unless it's a triple cross and hawks already has access to the footage and js is going to expose everything about the PLF.
Actually there are a 100 ways this can go down, and each one is better tnan the last. Footage manipulation through the cameras, hawk being disavowed or not, the trio witnessing the first signs of the collapse, and their involvement, Bakugo perhaps having a meltdown after learning hawks killed Best Jeanist, Hori just blast through and didn't wait a second. Its wonderful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Heard Kimetsu was bad
rRJ9Jjl.jpg

Lol you couldn't even remember the name, and it's funny that you mentioned Hiro Mashima with Fire Force since he's actually good friends with Ōkubo and is the one who told him he should add more Tamaki and Fanservice
EUGH. Tamaki's fan service in Fire Force is so off-putting. I like Fairy Tail (and Rave) just fine but goddammit Mashima...
It doesn't even stop there

His next Manga is Fairy Tale meets Space Fairy Tale meets good Fairy Tale (Rave Master)

His protagonists all look like Natsu but with different hair colors... Haru used to look so different.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
So that jist happened, holy hell. I'm guessing its not going to just be a media exposure of the heroes, I thinl its gonna be a total wipeout being live broadcasted. Hawks was sent to kill Endevalr while other PLF members attack other top 10 heroes, ammnd whem gthe deed is done they likely are going to show the world that the heroes are dead. Or something to that effect. Unless it's a triple cross and hawks already has access to the footage and js is going to expose everything about the PLF.
Actuall there are a 100 ways this can go down, and each one is btter tnan the last. Footage manipulation through the cameras, hawk being disavowed or not, the trio witnessing the first signs of the collapse, and their involvement, Bakugo perhaps havinv a meltdown after learning hawks killed Best Jeanist, Hori just blast through and didn't wait a second. Its wonderful.

Going to guess the Police have already been told by Hawks what is happening in some form, thus how they need to train hero soldiers even among the students is going to be needed and quickly. I suspect there is a lot of people who realize a dangerous collapse is happening, and the only ones not in the know are the ones that are most affected by it, the Hero's themselves and the citizens they protect. Going to be very interesting what ends up happening to UA and more specifically what is going to happen to the students caught in the crossfire and what their individual decisions are when it happens.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hawks didn't kill Jeanist, but it's the beginning of his downfall into actually siding with the villains.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Hawks didn't kill Jeanist, but it's the beginning of his downfall into actually siding with the villains.
You think so? I think he's going to get his hands even more dirty, to the point where he'll be alienated from pretty much everyone. He'll eventually make it worth it though by dealing a significant blow to the PLF. Then he'll die.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
You think so? I think he's going to get his hands even more dirty, to the point where he'll be alienated from pretty much everyone. He'll eventually make it worth it though by dealing a significant blow to the PLF. Then he'll die.
Oh this is a good idea too. Being completely ostracized but still sacrificing it all for the greater good. Would be a great end also.

My idea paints it as by being an undercover agent Hawks sees just how far the hero association is willing to go to defeat the villains. Like Dabi said a few chapters ago, "it's clear you killed someone". I think Hawks turning bad is more easily digestible when you view the conflict in MHA for what it actual is, societal norms vs societal abnormalities. Hawks doesn't have to be some murderous insane person to side with the PLF. Just be against how the hero association does things. The PLF are, in a sense, revolutionaries and I can see Hawks changing his mindset over time to align with them. We see the rejection of societal norms from him in the chapter he's introduced, it's not a stretch to say he will go even further.

Honestly it's kind of eerie. I'm in this class covering the French revolution in college atm, and it's interesting how the ideas for how a society should run in the essays I'm reading now are almost identical to how the PLF view living in the mha world. You see stuff like Toga and Shiggy's backstory (assuming there's no AFO interference there) and you start to think maybe they're right. As Rousseau says, "Man is born free. And he is everywhere in chains." I just wonder if Hori has the idea to actual apply any reforms on hero society. I'm sure I'm thinking too far into it but maybe there will be some pay off.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I an pretty sure that the only person here who would vote for Hawks actually killing BJ and it not being a ruse is me, its unanimous in this thread that its some kind of ruse. Gonna be a fun day when we get the full details, if we ever do that is.

I just don't see it. The ends justify the means is a thing and all, but straight up killing another person, a fellow top hero at that, just to keep your cover? Makes no sense to me, if only because we (IMO) never really got that kind of characterization from him yet where I could see it as a legitimate possibility.

Him killing some random person is also hard to swallow, but we'll see.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I just don't see it. The ends justify the means is a thing and all, but straight up killing another person, a fellow top hero at that, just to keep your cover? Makes no sense to me, if only because we (IMO) never really got that kind of characterization from him yet where I could see it as a legitimate possibility.

Him killing some random person is also hard to swallow, but we'll see.
I mean I get that, but this last chapter is pretty telling.
Hawks attacking Endeavor in public would never fly with the HA, unless its not actually hawks or something.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That spoilers not even correct lol
I saw earlier pics and confused the last panel, yeah my mistake.
A new Villain is interesting to see, not a conventional design as well. Looks like it is indeed footage of the heroes they are gathering. With how well they manipulated and doctored footage of Deika City this is gonna be real bad for the heroes, something is going to happen to either the trio or civilians and its going to be broadcasted across Japan.

Oct 27, 2017
Rando villain guy looked like a neat design

Really gotta wonder if Hawks can pull this off without getting Kuma'd

Still feeling eh about all three of them being together like this but it is what it is, hopefully something cool comes of it

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Gah, is it confirmed that we're on break next week?
I think this incident with the floating man is just going to introduce some plot elements of the arc before returning to build-up and setting up the main narrative. Kind of like Kirishma's battle with the gangster in the Yakuza arc.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Read it and so excited for this arc honestly with the three of them working together
Also, break....f*****************************************************ck

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
haven't read the chapter yet but that color spread is dope. Where did Ochaco get the money for those shoes lmao

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
God damnit, this break is going to be difficult to get through
I an pretty sure that the only person here who would vote for Hawks actually killing BJ and it not being a ruse is me, its unanimous in this thread that its some kind of ruse. Gonna be a fun day when we get the full details, if we ever do that is.
I used to think it was a ruse but I moved over to the side of him actually killing Best Jeanist, from what's being set up story wise it makes more sense for Jeanist to be dead, there's set up conflict between him and Bakugo if he did killed him, and if the LoV ever plan on exposing that, it wouldn't work if Jeanist is alive to clear Hawks name

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hawks is trapped damn

I hope he being in this arc means we get to see Tokoyami, and that Tokoyami goes full berserk when something goes wrong with Hawks

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also this chapter really shows why Deku is so great, his interactions with his mom here really show how much he grew
The first time he left home he was still a super weird kid, now you can really see his confidence

Also props to Horikoshi for his use of gestures and expressions to show his growth, it makes a bit harder to pick off if you don't pay attention but it feels very natural.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
God I am so happy I have Borderlands to keep me busy this next week while we wait for the next chapter. I might go nuts otherwise.

Good set-up chapter. As always Momma-Deku is great and Eri is too pure for this world. Endeavor pretending to be nice got a chuckle out of me. Bakugo being Bakugo was also pretty great lol

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Ultimate_Spider-Man_%2523111_020_021.jpg

(I never really thought about it before, but Deku's mom has a really nice Aunt May quality about her. She was amazing this chapter, even moreso than usual)

I continue to like where things are heading. I think Hawks is still a lot cleaner than Hori is presenting him as. I still don't think Best Jeanist is dead. Skeptic putting those recording devices on Hawks wings to spy on the heroes is going to be an interesting development. I can see a path where Hori plays it straight, but I think Hawks will either have a countermeasure against that or will make sure the heroes aren't exposed because of it. I also still maintain Hawks brought Best Jeanist in on what he was doing.

I too believe this bad guy is just a stepping stone to get to the real meat of the arc. Once Hawks and Endeavor meet things are gonna heat up. I'm also excited to see Hawks meet Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki.

Speaking of those three, the scene where they ready up behind Endeavor was awesome. I love, love, love that Kacchan really is included in the pow wows Deku has with All Might. I know we saw the three of them together in the joint training arc, but still, seeing that continue to develop was a really nice part of the chapter for me. Like All Might, I think Bakugo being around Endeavor will be great for him. They had a great interaction this chapter already, both being dicks to each other. I'm curious as to what Bakugo will take away from the #2 Hero.

-Really loved the color spread at the beginning. Uraraka in particular looked really cool to me
-Eri's letter!!! Aww.
-I hope Endeavor continues to be this amusing for as long as possible

What secrets will be unveiled next chapter? What will Hawks do? How will Endeavor and our trio respond? Find out next time(but not next week...) on My Hero Academia!

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So we have Hades mentioned this chapter, Hawks is a Icurus theme, and there's also Taradus and Gigantomachia, there's a lot of Greek mythology going around I wonder where it's all going to lead up

Status
Not open for further replies.