• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Off-topic question but has anyone here gone to see Promare?
I wanted to but the showings are happening too late for me to bother so I'll wait for a home release. I hear good things though. I'm looking forward to it because I love Trigger's work and also I have to say those Fire Force plagiarism allegations are simply too juicy!!
You are a beautiful human. Zora's great. Kirishima's great.

Sometimes i think about Tetsutetsu tetsutesu name and i start laughing
I too think Tetsutetsutetsutetsu has a fun name.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think that the way Endeavor's arc closes out is going to be pretty interesting. I definitely don't see him getting a full blown redemption, and I'm pretty sure that there's going to be a successful effort to make sure his name is mud after his death. Most likely outcome is Dabi exposing him, then killing him, then the media being unable to decide how to cover it, so the whole thing just festers.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Funny thing is Endeavor is the only thing keeping the heroes public reputation a float, once he gets expose it's over for the heroes

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Funny thing is Endeavor is the only thing keeping the heroes public reputation a float, once he gets expose it's over for the heroes
Yeah. It's why I am hoping it's somehow kept quiet. I don't want hero society to crumble. It's one of my favorite aspects of the series. I don't wanna see the series turn into something depressing.

But I have a feeling that's where we are headed anyway. And I'm not looking forward to it.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. It's why I am hoping it's somehow kept quiet. I don't want hero society to crumble. It's one of my favorite aspects of the series. I don't wanna see the series turn into something depressing.
Well Villain society wouldn't automatically be depressing, just more violent and chaotic, looking forward to seeing how the story goes with someone like Shigaraki in charge of Japan

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Well Villain society wouldn't automatically be depressing, just more violent and chaotic, looking forward to seeing how the story goes with someone like Shigaraki in charge of Japan
Yeah I know. I just like the overall upbeat tone of MHA. Not looking forward to that going away. I would rather it stay the course at least until the 2nd or 3rd year at UA before everything goes to shit. But I know that's not gonna happen.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Is hero society falling really that predictable?
The writing is on the wall in my opinion. The symbol of peace is gone. The new #1 has a dark and seedy past. The #2 hero is working for the villains as a double agent but nobody knows about it. The #3 hero is missing and possibly dead. And then on top of ALL of that the villains have a larger force than the heroes at the moment.

I don't want it to happen, but I feel like it's when we are headed. It's not looking good.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yeah he has. I'm just worried with shit appearing to hit the fan now thay we might have seen the last of that storyline for awhile.
*puts on tinfoil hat*

Depends, if Dabi really is his son AND he exposes daddy dearest things could get real interesting for Endeavor. The #1 Hero's dark past would be exposed to the world just as he's trying to turn over a new leaf. After learning Dabi is his son, he becomes even nicer to Shoto and his other family. I still think Dabi will kill him, but I think Endeavor might let it happen.

Of course he's gonna get murked right in front of Shoto lol. Bonus points if Shoto and Endeavor never fully reconcile for that extra splash of angst

*takes tinfoil hat off*

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
*puts on tinfoil hat*

Depends, if Dabi really is his son AND he exposes daddy dearest things could get real interesting for Endeavor. The #1 Hero's dark past would be exposed to the world just as he's trying to turn over a new leaf. After learning Dabi is his son, he becomes even nicer to Shoto and his other family. I still think Dabi will kill him, but I think Endeavor might let it happen.

Of course he's gonna get murked right in front of Shoto lol

*takes tinfoil hat off*
OFC Dabi is his son

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I recently watched a youtube video about Stranger Things (strange because I haven't watched the show) and the creator talked about the redemption of abusive/violent males. What he seemed to say, and what I agree with, is that the man's evil/violent actions should not be explained away in any way and the character should have to slowly grow over time. The sacrificial death is a bit of a cheap way to make it to the end.

According to this criteria, Endeavor is doing pretty well. A sacrificial death scene would still be good, but after a little more development. Alternatively, Hori could kill him off early and have the tragedy be that even though Endeavor was on his way to making things right, he never made it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I think he is too. But I think there is a VERY outside chance the patchwork flesh we see on Dabi is the remains of Endeavors son/relative. And Dabi's quirk is that he can assume the quirk of whoever he is wearing.

But idk if Hori would be allowed to go that dark.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
To think there are still poor souls doubting this new unleashed, unshackled Horikoshi.
The Dark Hori era has already begun and we are hopeless to stop it.
The Shigaraki flashback opened the door I will admit. But I need to see Hori double a barrel roll through the door.

I will say though that Dabi being his son is such the obvious answer that i am hoping it's a fake out and there is another explanation.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
223._SX400_QL80_TTD_.jpg

The most interesting part about this potential Villain take over is with the PLF having control of the media they can easily make themselves out to be the good guys and the heroes to be the bad guys, members like Toga, Dabi, and Twice can clear there names and be praised as Heroes

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think the trickiest part about the Todoroki storyline is Shoto. I can see Endeavor being redeemed, Rei recovering, Natsuo stopping hating his dad. But with Shoto you have some things to consider, I think it is pretty hard to see Todoroki ever fully pardoning Endeavor but you can't make him so distant from Endeavor because we need some impact on him when/if his dad dies.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
223._SX400_QL80_TTD_.jpg

The most interesting part about this potential Villain take over is with the PLF having control of the media they can easily make themselves out to be the good guys and the heroes to be the bad guys, members like Toga, Dabi, and Twice can clear there names and be praised as Heroes

Re-Destro does remind me of Norman Osborn.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
223._SX400_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Y'know, I hadn't thought about that, but it'd be an interesting way to take things.
Re=Destro does remind me of Norman Osborn.
It's the hair.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Two pages again and it's only been nine hours. Sheesh. Being on this side of the planet sucks for these discussions.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
The writing is on the wall in my opinion. The symbol of peace is gone. The new #1 has a dark and seedy past. The #2 hero is working for the villains as a double agent but nobody knows about it. The #3 hero is missing and possibly dead. And then on top of ALL of that the villains have a larger force than the heroes at the moment.

I don't want it to happen, but I feel like it's when we are headed. It's not looking good.

Not to mention there are god knows how many hero's that were in cahoots with the MLA (PLF).

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I recently watched a youtube video about Stranger Things (strange because I haven't watched the show) and the creator talked about the redemption of abusive/violent males. What he seemed to say, and what I agree with, is that the man's evil/violent actions should not be explained away in any way and the character should have to slowly grow over time. The sacrificial death is a bit of a cheap way to make it to the end.

According to this criteria, Endeavor is doing pretty well. A sacrificial death scene would still be good, but after a little more development. Alternatively, Hori could kill him off early and have the tragedy be that even though Endeavor was on his way to making things right, he never made it.
I'd like either of these paths you've mentioned for Endeavor. Ultimately though, because I'm a spineless loser, I'd prefer a happy-ish ending where Endeavor doesn't die and is instead forced into retirement and lives out the rest of his life trying to be a good father and maybe even husband.

Ironically, regarding Stranger Things...

That's exactly what they don't do with Billy. They don't make him try to better, they just show us why he ended up abusive and awful then had him sacrifice himself to help destroy the Mindflayer.
223._SX400_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Damn, this would be an interesting turn of events. Can't imagine Toga and Dabi being praised as heroes though.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I'd like either of these paths you've mentioned for Endeavor. Ultimately though, because I'm a spineless loser, I'd prefer a happy-ish ending where Endeavor doesn't die and is instead forced into retirement and lives out the rest of his life trying to be a good father and maybe even husband.

Here's the vid btw. It's not about the character you mentioned in your spoiler.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Not too surprising as it's the way these things usually go with franchise movies like that. Ultimately they exist to push the brand and right now those three are the core of the brand. Though I do understand wanting the others to get more screentime. But in this case I want that more out of the manga itself.

Anecdotally, I got into Sound! Euphonium earlier this year and have so much respect for KyoAni and Naoko Yamada for dedicating a whole theatrical release to two side characters in that franchise, and making a damn great anime movie in the process.
Liz and Blue bird is definitely my favorite part of that franchise. Though Yamada is one of the best at what they do.

It'd be like if we got a Rie Matsumoto film focusing on Iida and Ochako.

(I just want anything from Matsumoto that is more than a chocolate ad)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Liz and Blue bird is definitely my favorite part of that franchise. Though Yamada is one of the best at what they do.

It'd be like if we got a Rie Matsumoto film focusing on Iida and Ochako.

(I just want anything from Matsumoto that is more than a chocolate ad)
If Ochaco and Ida get a Rie Matsumoto film I will forgive everything about them.
And also yeah I just want Matsumoto anything lol. I've seen that ad too many times already haha.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So when is the anime OT?
Also what will be the title?
I vote for "The adventures of Tintin"

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The movie being Canon to a xertain degree is slmething I expected tbh. The way Hori talked about using something he was saving for the finale, Nine potentially being already foreshadowed on the manga, the new summary, I feel the movie is going to setup a lot of the Manga's futude story arcs if not have a flashfoward that will be the basis for a timeskip. Especially when talking about how he doesn't want to do another movie, I feel this will be a sort of balancing act with the other movie. One movie covers the present and the past, while the new one will cover the present and the future. This cover the past, present, and future in an elegant way.

Status
Not open for further replies.