• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I thought people here knew that it was going to be revealed in the databook
No worries man. If it's from the databook, it's all good. The timing of it just made me feel cautious lol, and it had slipped my mind that there was a databook even though it had been discussed here.

Incidentally, might as well just ask this now but if there ever comes a time where there's a chapter with All Might's wife, please no one label their tag "About All Might's wife" on spoiler day lol.
(well the likelier MHA version of this would be Izuku's father...)

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1570117611047.jpg

I'm pretty sure the blank space behind Deku is going to be 100% Deku, Overhaul will most likely get his second form as a separate slot, we'll probably get Rappa, Gentle, and Twice this time around, that leaves 5 more unknown slots, it's not really much when they stated they were going to be focusing on adding more characters

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Man I'm annoyed about the filler first episode. Just put adapting the source material first BONES.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind the recap but in their place, I'd just advertise Season 4 as starting the week after.

Though in such situations, I'm reminded of what Majin Vegeta says to Goku after Goku tries to make him wait just a tiny bit more before their fight*. Waited one full year since S3 ended, I can wait one more week.

*(Maybe that line is just a thing in the french version idk never saw the Buu saga in English/Japanese lol but he basically says "You imbecile! I've waited 7 years to be able fight you, I can wait 2 minutes!" when Goku tries to go talk to someone I think.)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the recap but in their place, I'd just advertise Season 4 as starting the week after.

Though in such situations, I'm reminded of what Majin Vegeta says to Goku after Goku tries to make him wait just a tiny bit more before their fight*. Waited one full year since S3 ended, I can wait one more week.

*(Maybe that line is just a thing in the french version idk never saw the Buu saga in English/Japanese lol but he basically says "You imbecile! I've waited 7 years to be able fight you, I can wait 2 minutes!" when Goku tries to go talk to someone I think.)
It is what they did in season 2, i dunno why they have fancy recaps for season 3 and 4

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
1570117611047.jpg

I'm pretty sure the blank space behind Deku is going to be 100% Deku, Overhaul will most likely get his second form as a separate slot, we'll probably get Rappa, Gentle, and Twice this time around, that leaves 5 more unknown slots, it's not really much when they stated they were going to be focusing on adding more characters

I guess for the 10 spots... 100% Deku, second form Chisaki, Rappa, Fat Gum, Twice, Mr. Compress, Sir Nighteye, and Gentle for sure. Assuming it doesn't go past Gentle's arc, I'd say the last two are kind of fuzzy. Maybe Gang Orca and Aoyama, but there could be a curveball like Midnight or Aoyama or Camie.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't hurt to add more female characters, Horikoshi. *sighs* At least the data book confirms Thirteen is a woman. Always thought so, but the wiki and English manga got it wrong.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The absolute madman. The idea he likely had for the manga's finale is have a major arc of the manga actually take place in a movie, isn't it. Like I can totally see Heroes Rising be a direct continuation or finale of the arc. More so I can definitely see the evengs after the movie being the Marineford of MHA, with a timeskip taking place.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For someone not that sharp, Endeavor picked up on the hidden message pretty quickly. I wonder if/how he'll screw this up, if he's really supposed to be the harbinger of the fall of Heroes.

And what do you know, April is when class 1-A would advance to the next grade, going off of Japanese schooling.

Welp. Geten is a dude. Shame.
Lol, that a lot of inaccurate fanart now. So the only death was the one female member of the team? Sigh.

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry you lost your ice girl so Hori replaced her with flame girl

Honestly after that Mirko page and seeing Burning and remembering Bakugo mom

Hori may have a type

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Geten being male is disappointing not gonna lie, I hope Horikoshi sees the disappointment of the fanbase and notice people want another female villain.
At least the good news is that Kamui dating Mt. Lady is basically confirmed and apparently Shindo dates the turtle girl too?
Hawks death flags are accelerating on a rapid pace.
In 4 months... Wouldnt that be the start of second year at UA?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Geten being male is disappointing not gonna lie, I hope Horikoshi sees the disappointment of the fanbase and notice people want another female villain.
At least the good news is that Kamui dating Mt. Lady is basically confirmed and apparently Shindo dates the turtle girl too?
Yes

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Where did you get that info from?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
You know how we got official stats in the last analysis book?
Apparently Hawks' "technique" stats is S+, higher than both Endeavor and All Might. Pretty cool.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
In four months we will have already been well into the second year, so will see Shinso intergraded in the hero course this arc, it seems like everything's been building up to this Attack Shigaraki is going to do 4 months from now, My Hero Shippuden is coming sooner than I expected

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
fO4QcCP.png

(Burnin and the rest of the flamin hot sidekickers are my kind of people!)

Enjoyed this chapter a lot. Some good character moments from Deku, Hawks, and Bakugo. It's interesting that Bakugo doesn't like Hawks, I figured he would respect the strength of the No.2 more than he does. Makes me wonder how things will play out between them, especially with the whole Best Jeanist situation.

Lol, it took way too long for Endeavor to figure out Hawks' message. In any case, at least the heroes have that information now. The question is, what will Endeavor do with the knowledge. Curious that Hawks gave the trio books as well, I wonder how important that will end up being. Might be how they connect the dots themselves because I don't see Endeavor being exactly forthcoming.

That dark council Hawks went to. Phew, now that was a little intimidating. For the first since the villains shake up I actually got a little shook. That combined with Tomura's plan to destroy everything in 4 months....Dark times ahead.

What is Shiggy's plan? What will Endeavor do? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!
Simpsons6x13.jpg

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Great chapter! So glad Endeavor figured it out, that was cool to see. Also amusing to realize how well Endeavor knows Hawks already and that he's thought about him at least this much to be able to recognize when something is off. I wonder how much time the arc will spend on Endeavor doing something about Hawks' message though, or if this was something Horikoshi wanted to have happen first then simply focus the rest of the arc on the internship itself. I kinda want it to be the latter? It would be lighter and would be a ton of fun seeing these four do hero work together. On the other hand, it's intriguing what's happening with the League and watching Endeavor try to do something about it.

What do you guys think Shigaraki will get? New quirks, perhaps?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
same place that confirmed geten's gender
Edit:
it is said he has multiple quirks...so a Noumu?

iirc he is so naturally strong that he is able hold multiple quirks without any modifications

What do you guys think Shigaraki will get? New quirks, perhaps?

Surely it has to be Overhauls Quirk, Hori didn't have Shiggy and Co take those arms for no reason, especially now that Shiggys left hand is royally fucked after what went down at Deika City.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Something that surprised me a bit from the data book is that it also lists Hatsume as not having a hero name yet. I was under the impression that she wouldn't be a hero since, you know, she's not in the hero course. This makes me question whether Powerloader is a support hero in the same way Hatsume might be in the future? Maybe it was just a mistake or there to say that she doesn't have one because she's not going to be a hero.
Surely it has to be Overhauls Quirk, Hori didn't have Shiggy and Co take those arms for no reason, especially now that Shiggys left hand is royally fucked after what went down at Deika City.
Oh shit, that would actually be really interesting. Overhaul's introduction made Shiggy look so pathetic given that Overhaul (the quirk) was very much like Decay but with the ability to also reverse the change and make changes along the way. Damn, this would be perfect and would also make Shiggy slicing Overhaul's hand off even more gnarly. Whew. Hope it's true!

Status
Not open for further replies.