• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I mentioned earlier in this thread that Compress referred to Geten as "him" and that they used Iceman as a derogatory nickname. Some people argued against it, as he wouldn't know because of having the hood on, but I didn't buy that argument for one second.

Curious shouldn't have died. All it really emphasizes now is how Toga is the only female allowed to be a villain, and it sucks that said villain only boils down to "I'm not crazy you're all crazy".

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I mentioned earlier in this thread that Compress referred to Geten as "him" and that they used Iceman as a derogatory nickname. Some people argued against it, as he wouldn't know because of having the hood on, but I didn't buy that argument for one second.

Curious shouldn't have died. All it really emphasizes now is how Toga is the only female allowed to be a villain, and it sucks that said villain only boils down to "I'm not crazy you're all crazy".
Compress using 'him' means nothing because in the japanese they didnt use gendered pronouns, same thing about iceman.
Thirteen is female and plenty of fantranslations used him for her too.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
That seems a little over simplified and inaccurate, Toga pretty much is a perfect representation of the Liberation Front's goal, she has a genetic desire to use her quirk and wants the freedom to use it, the problem for her is the quirk she was given, on the topic of "Curious shouldn't have died" I'm more on the side that we should have gotten another female villain, I I can't really be angry at Curious death when her entire gimmick and personality existed just to give some exposition on toga, she had a good design but that's about the only thing I'll say was wasted

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Do you think the Villain Invasion should be like Marinefold in that it has a very bittersweat ending and involves deaths of major charcters

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So Gigan is probably some weird nomu thing

Also I wonder why it would take 4 months for the power is Shigiraki getting control or is the doctor still needs to do some experiments and tests

I read a theory about it being 4 months before the break out AFO and get his powers

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So Gigan is probably some weird nomu thing

Also I wonder why it would take 4 months for the power is Shigiraki getting control or is the doctor still needs to do some experiments and tests

I read a theory about it being 4 months before the break out AFO and get his powers
Honestly I doubt AFO will have any impact, he is old news. Shigaraki is the new boss.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Toga pretty much is a perfect representation of the Liberation Front's goal, she has a genetic desire to use her quirk and wants the freedom to use it

Okay but Toga is a part of the LoV, who don't actually give a shit about the MLA's goals, so I'm not really sure why this matters.

Personally after that arc, unless Shiggy and co. start buying into it, I don't really care about that stuff anymore, as its top members have been absorbed into Shiggy's group. They're now just a means to the end.

I I can't really be angry at Curious death when her entire gimmick and personality existed just to give some exposition on toga, she had a good design but that's about the only thing I'll say was wasted

The disdain about Curious' death isn't about her being this standout character that we all sorely miss. It's that, despite all of the MLA villains (Re-Destro aside) being one note villains, the one-note villain Horikoshi killed off was frustratingly the only female villain of the group, and the overall 2nd female villain in the series that was currently active.

Now all the other MLA members have opportunities to become less one note, but Curious will never get that chance now lol

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
YASS SPIDEY IN MHA UNIVERSE Tace !!

RG0BS1U.gif

MHA part of the Marvel universe confirmed

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Okay but Toga is a part of the LoV, who don't actually give a shit about the MLA's goals, so I'm not really sure why this matters.

Personally after that arc, unless Shiggy and co. start buying into it, I don't really care about that stuff anymore, as its top members have been absorbed into Shiggy's group. They're now just a means to the end.

The disdain about Curious' death isn't about her being this standout character that we all sorely miss. It's that, despite all of the MLA villains (Re-Destro aside) being one note villains, the one-note villain Horikoshi killed off was frustratingly the only female villain of the group, and the overall 2nd female villain in the series that was currently active.

Now all the other MLA members have opportunities to become less one note, but Curious will never get that chance now lol
The Curious part I was mainly trying to get at that I'm mainly more angry that Horikoshi didn't make at least one of the other MLA member female, and that the girl was the irrelevant one

On the Toga part I do think the MLA goal is still going to a relevant plot point going forward since I don't see why LoV members like Toga and Spinner would be against it, Shigaraki may not care but he did say he's leaving the future for his allies to decide

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hori is a Naruto and One piece fan expect that time skip lol

Get ready for fans to start saying "I liked pre-timeskip MHA more" lol

The Curious part I was mainly trying to get at that I'm mainly more angry that Horikoshi didn't make at least one of the other MLA member female, and that the girl was the irrelevant one

On the Toga part I do think the MLA goal is still going to a relevant plot point going forward since I don't see why LoV members like Toga and Spinner would be against it, Shigaraki may not care but he did say he's leaving the future for his allies to decide

Eh, not being against it and actually embracing those ideals are two different things. Toga's definitely the type to be apathetic more than anything else.

And I'm not saying Horikoshi is necessarily gonna drop the MLA trying to keep their cult thing going on, just that I've personally lost interest because the ones in charge don't care, and are effectively just using them as an army more than anything else.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Get ready for fans to start saying "I liked pre-timeskip MHA more" lol
Don't worry we're getting that Mineta nosebleed story point

Female characters become more hourglass and sexualized

Shoto after training with his dad comes back with one eye also Bakugo is the same after training and both don't face any real threat

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry we're getting that Mineta nosebleed story point

Female characters become more hourglass and sexualized

Shoto after training with his dad comes back with one eye also Bakugo is the same after training and both don't face any real threat

People will long for the days of when they were still in their first year lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
People will long for the days of when they were still in their first year lol
Bunch of people die especially Aizawa before Shigiraki after getting a pep talk from Midoriya uses his resurrection quirk to bring back everyone back

Except Gran Torino he died before and after he trained Deku for a couple of years

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sold on a timeskip, but if there is one it should be a year at most. Taking them out of U.A. this soon would be a bad idea
I disagree, I'm pretty sure most readers are done seeing exams and UA training arcs, the SoL stuff and class 1A characters hanging out can still be done without the school

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I disagree, I'm pretty sure most readers are done seeing exams and UA training arcs, the SoL stuff and class 1A characters hanging out can still be done without the school
It becomes a lot harder to justify 20 alumni hanging out. There's still so much to explore in the school setting that I think to abandon it after just one year would be a waste. I think there's a way to have Hero society take some serious blows and still have them at U.A.

The entire fall should be saved til third year sometime. You can have year one end with the death of Endeavor, but it's not enough to completely change things

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It becomes a lot harder to justify 20 alumni hanging out. There's still so much to explore in the school setting that I think to abandon it after just one year would be a waste. I think there's a way to have Hero society take some serious blows and still have them at U.A.
Easy just make a super team with all the more popular 1A students and get rid of ones no one cares about like tailguy and ones that are disliked like Mineta, And it may have been only one year in the story but it's been more than 5 years of the manga

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Easy just make a super team with all the more popular 1A students and get rid of ones no one cares about like tailguy and ones that are disliked like Mineta, And it may have been only one year in the story but it's been more than 5 years of the manga
I see what you're saying but I still think it would be a mistake to entirely skip the rest of the U.A. years. I want to see a series where they are older for sure I just don't want to sacrifice U.A. to do it. I'm only on Drum Island in One Piece, but it didn't take like ten years irl before a time skip? These things shouldn't be rushed, in hindsight I wish Kishimoto had stayed in part 1 longer

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
This is probably a horrible comparison but if a series like Harry Potter can have 6 books set at Hogwarts and still have shit escalate then there's no reason why MHA can't have at the very least a 2nd year at UA whilst still having things like the deterioration of hero society conitinue both in the fore and background (providing its well written and engaging which tbf is easier said than done).

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I was just thinking, how is Endeavor gonna let Hawks know he understands?
Then I realized, Hori may have already forshadowed it with Endeavor's bait-and-switch 2 chapters ago. Next time he sees Hawks, Endeavor can just put on a big fake smile and just say "that was really interesting!". Hawks will understand.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This is probably a horrible comparison but if a series like Harry Potter can have 6 books set at Hogwarts and still have shit escalate then there's no reason why MHA can't have at the very least a 2nd year at UA whilst still having things like the deterioration of hero society conitinue both in the fore and background (providing its well written and engaging which tbf is easier said than done).
It is a horrible comparison when you remember how many kids constantly die there

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just close the school after the fall of the society. Also make nedzu be the traitor and give him a funny malefic laugh and paint half of his body black. Also make him start a killing game between the students
This idea is entirely original and not based on any game I played

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The UA wont be destroyed before the ending of the manga. The name of the manga is like that for a reason

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The series is called My Hero Academia, not My UA Academia. The title can easily be taken as an abstraction if UA goes down the gutter. There was no school in the Villain Academia arc. The broad strokes is about Deku's journey, the class mates of 1-A and all of them learning how to become a Hero, surpassing the generation that came before them.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The series is called My Hero Academia, not My UA Academia. The title can easily be taken as an abstraction if UA goes down the gutter. There was no school in the Villain Academia arc. The broad strokes is about Deku's journey, the class mates of 1-A and all of them learning how to become a Hero, surpassing the generation that came before them.
UA is the her academia, it is even a pun on hero

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
New avatar with best and manliest hero ever: Vlad King.

To celebrate the new season hehe.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these clips make it seem they already have the whole arc animated
That's cause they do. From Sakugablog's preview for this anime season:
My Hero Academia is exactly two episodes away from becoming BONES' longest continuous project. And I say continuous for a reason: the show's production has been moving forward even during the breaks between seasons, and this has been the case for past year as well. That extra long break allowed the team to accumulate an outstanding production buffer, and as a result they've practically wrapped up the first half of the season by now. With plenty of time to polish the product and animators — including a beloved certain someone — being specifically reserved for this project, we can as usual look forward to some spectacular highlights. Perhaps more bombastic than ever before!
Source (with more details also)

Status
Not open for further replies.