• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A lot of the BS ended up being overblown and fake, well except the directors comments, I do understand people not wanting to see the movie because his shitty comments but the movie itself doesn't really have what the media is saying it has
I am referring to both. But the director comments alone would have been enough for me to pass on it even if there wasn't all the other drama around it.

RockTiddies

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has been bugging me for a long time and became even more of a dilemma with the introduction of class 1-B....

I think half the cast of class 1-A is useless / not well-thought out in terms of quirks. and I believe the epitome of this feeling is embodied on this guy:

The more quirks introduced, the more characters, the more villains and problems that I arise, I always default back this question..."What the fuck is this dude supposed to do exactly?"

The author obviously fell into a trap of making the manga focused on a small and manageable issues at first, before popularity forced him to expand the scope. And class 1-A is loaded with characters who should be an afterthought.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I am referring to both. But the director comments alone would have been enough for me to pass on it even if there wasn't all the other drama around it.
The drama itself about the movie being attached to a alt right incel ends up being ironic because the movie itself has a eat the rich type of message, and a reason why I said some of the other controversy is fake is because
(small joker movie spoiler)
there was an early review thread here where the reviewer called the movie trash because he said the Joker killed a girl that rejected him, that early review is what made people start to call it an incel movie but the thing is the Joker doesn't kill the "love interest" in the version I saw, now I don't know if that early review was fake or if the movie was heavily edited but it really doesn't come off as an incel movie, the Joker in the movie is a man that from start is shown to have mental health problems, is getting treated for it but the government ends up cutting funding for his programs so he was no longer getting the treatment or medication that they needed

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This has been bugging me for a long time and became even more of a dilemma with the introduction of class 1-B....

I think half the cast of class 1-A is useless / not well-thought out in terms of quirks. and I believe the epitome of this feeling is embodied on this guy:

The more quirks introduced, the more characters, the more villains and problems that I arise, I always default back this question..."What the fuck is this dude supposed to do exactly?"

The author obviously fell into a trap of making the manga focused on a small and manageable issues at first, before popularity forced him to expand the scope. And class 1-A is loaded with characters who should be an afterthought.
We've already seen that Pro-Heroes can get by with mostly using sheer physical prowess alone. For example, Nighteye seemed pretty successful (y'know, before he died, but that's beside the point), so its not like Ojiro will be useless as a Pro Hero.

It's like with regular superhero comics, not everyone need to be like Thor or Hulk, it's fine to be Daredevil or Hawkeye.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Ok let me ask, what are the other examples of useless quirks? Because the example you gave is actually acknowledged in the series, Ojiro is constantly down because everyone think he is plain. If horikoshi ever decides to give him a spotlight I think there is a good potential to explore his troubles to keep up

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
How has the anime/manga been? I stopped reading shortly after All-Might vs All for One fight. It was incredible, I thought "No way this series can ever get better than this, this is the peak."

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
How has the anime/manga been? I stopped reading shortly after All-Might vs All for One fight. It was incredible, I thought "No way this series can ever get better than this, this is the peak."
That totally was the peak, people are kind of split on how it's been since then.

Some people have been more harsh on it, but I think it's been pretty solid for the most part, there's been plenty of good moments since All Might vs OFA, and while there was a pretty weak arc a few months ago, the manga just finished off a really great arc pretty recently.

I'd recommend just catching up to where Season 3 leaves off and watching Season 4 when it starts later this month. The material that it covers could very well end up being better in the anime.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Read by yourself and discover
I think my issue is that we are seeing spiderman level threats and not really like...punisher level threa
Gentle, Compress, Trumpet, Mustard are all villains of lower level of threats. Gentle in particular probably gave use the best fight in the series despite being the weakest villain Deku faced so far

Last edited:

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

man, there's a fight shortly after that that is better and then a 100 or so chapters later there's two fights against the same character that is just as awesome

Oct 25, 2017

well would be interesting if the series climax is still in their first year and such if a major showdown with shigs and mido will happen in four months. Can't think of some random new enemy to pop up after them.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I was hoping it would top that peak, but personally I'm still waiting. Which is ultimately fine, there's othing inherently wrong with your best arc having happened early on. It's just that regardless, I've been quite mixed on the arcs and overall direction the story has taken since that fight.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
So just to be clear In 4 months Shiggy is getting AFO's powers right? Is that what the last few pages hint at?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So just to be clear In 4 months Shiggy is getting AFO's powers right? Is that what the last few pages hint at?
We don't know what the power is, it could also be another overpowered Quirk or Ujiko turn him into the ultimate High End Nomu, there are many theories of what it could be

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the Joker because my friend got gifted

I watched the Joker because my friend got gifted two free tickets.
The movie is super pretentious, but because of that it can be really funny at times. I enjoyed a fair bit of it ironically.

I thought it was just okay myself.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

Are you caught up on the manga? He had a bit of screen time recently and I was impressed with what he was able to do. I agree that it seems like Horikoshi wrote himself into a corner with some of his characters like Ojiro and Sato, which is something I've worried about before, but I like to think it's forced him to get more creative with them. As others have pointed out to me, it's also to be expected that not everyone will have incredible quirks. To paraphrase Kendo during the summer camp arc: "It's how they use the quirks that count."
I like the theory that it's Overhaul's Overhaul quirk since that fixes the issue of said quirk essentially being a better version of Shigaraki's Decay. I'm doubtful it would happen though... but I'm much less doubtful that it's not All For One. Hmm. Then again, it's supposed to be something strong enough to destroy everything. Maybe it is then.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you viz for making the code segment of the chapter for making way more sense and flow a lot better
I think my issue is that we are seeing spiderman level threats and not really like...punisher level threa
One of Spiderman major villains is an old dude with wings whose powers he can fly.

Punisher sometimes takes guys like hydra

I know what you mean I'm just nitpicking

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
So Rabbit Hero, Miruko is getting a spin off manga where she interns Deku, Ochako and Bakugo..... Is it me or is this a huge missed oppurtunity to show other students in an internship that we haven't seen? Im horribly bias for Mina but i think a character like Mina would vibe like crazy with Miruko.

But just more Deku and Bakugo :/

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So Rabbit Hero, Miruko is getting a spin off manga where she interns Deku, Ochako and Bakugo..... Is it me or is this a huge missed oppurtunity to show other students in an internship that we haven't seen? Im horribly bias for Mina but i think a character like Mina would vibe like crazy with Miruko.

Deku is the protagonist, it is only natural he is used to promote the spinoff
Expect a mix of popular and less popular characters, if they only give the spotlight to less popular characters less people will be interested to read it

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Deku is the protagonist, it is only natural he is used to promote the spinoff
Expect a mix of popular and less popular characters, if they only give the spotlight to less popular characters less people will be interested to read it
Vigilante seems to be doing fine without any of the massively popular characters, Aizawa only now is getting a bigger focus which is fine.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

It's not a spin-off manga solely for Mirko. It's the Team-Up Mission spin-off, which features groups of 1-A students going on internships of sorts (I don't know what to call them, they're all the same to me anyway, lol) with pro heroes. I think I have some info on the OP. I'm excited at the thought of seeing Mirko and other pros in action, and I love Akiyama's art, so I'm pretty excited for this. The only problem is accessing it since VIZ isn't translating it... For the other students, this artwork Akiyama recently released gives me the impression that she'll include them in later arcs:

There are twelve 1-A students here so we can split them into four groups of three to go on team-up missions. I'm hoping to see these teams:
  • Deku, Bakugo, Uraraka
  • Shoto, Momo, Iida
  • Mina, Tokoyami, Asui
  • Jiro, Kaminari, Mineta
Melissa and Mei must be there for support, naturally.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a spin-off manga solely for Mirko. It's the Team-Up Mission spin-off, which features groups of 1-A students going on internships of sorts (I don't know what to call them, they're all the same to me anyway, lol) with pro heroes. I think I have some info on the OP. I'm excited at the thought of seeing Mirko and other pros in action, and I love Akiyama's art, so I'm pretty excited for this. The only problem is accessing it since VIZ isn't translating it... For the other students, this artwork Akiyama recently released gives me the impression that she'll include them in later arcs:

There are twelve 1-A students here so we can split them into four groups of three to go on team-up missions. I'm hoping to see these teams:
  • Deku, Bakugo, Uraraka
  • Shoto, Momo, Iida
  • Mina, Tokoyami, Asui
  • Jiro, Kaminari, Mineta
Melissa and Mei must be there for support, naturally.

Oh in that case this seems really cool! (Sans mineta). Something to look forward to

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
In real time, any idea when a timeskip might occur? I feel like its coming after this arc.
Also, is this arc gonna be another long one or shorter one like pro-hero?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
In real time, any idea when a timeskip might occur? I feel like its coming after this arc.
Also, is this arc gonna be another long one or shorter one like pro-hero?
In story they're currently in January, the first year graduation is in April, and the PLF attack is in May, I could see you this arc being not too long, focusing just on Hawks infiltration and training with Endeavor's sidekicks, and then ending with the graduation, and possibly a villain prison break Arc after that since AFO could be the power they were talking about

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Like 3 months have passed in the manga since the start of winter right? And that was almost a year ago. I bet the fall is going to be Dec 2020 our time

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know Endeavor is in this arc but I think you posted in the wrong thread
...No. Unless you're joking lmao
His agency is full of fire people. His famous sidekick is named Burnin. They're called the Flaming Sidekickers...they say "Flame On!". Like, you just know we need Fire Force in that OT title going forward

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
...No. Unless you're joking lmao
His agency is full of fire people. His famous sidekick is named Burnin. They're called the Flaming Sidekickers...they say "Flame On!". Like, you just know we need Fire Force in that OT title going forward
Half joking, half expecting that to be about the actual Fire Force manga

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Btw for now I'm also largely indifferent to the idea of a Tartarus arc. My mind goes to another big shonen jump villain using a prison breakout to recruit strong allies but Shigaraki seems to have that more than covered with the Deika arc so I don't see the need (though if he has to get power from AFO and kill AFO like people have suggested before then that's the only way). Of course, it would depend on how it's handled.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Btw for now I'm also largely indifferent to the idea of a Tartarus arc. My mind goes to another big shonen jump villain using a prison breakout to recruit strong allies but Shigaraki seems to have that more than covered with the Deika arc so I don't see the need (though if he has to get power from AFO and kill AFO like people have suggested before then that's the only way). Of course, it would depend on how it's handled.
Yar, execution would be key. A prison break being phase 1 in a larger plan to bring down society could work, or even as a way to go public with the PLF. How much clout would Shiggy get in the villain community if they stage a successful breakout of Tartarus? He'd become the evil All Might for real.

I'm just spitballing here, depending how you look at it you could say he accomplished that in Deika, but I think a more public feat couldn't hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.