• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think those set up chapters are the opposite of boring. But I am more of a fan of the social commentary part of MHA than the action so all of the stuff going with Hawks excites me a lot.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
"LA?" League... I'm drawing a blank here. I can only think of "Los Angeles," lmao. Oh! MLA?
OT2: Enlist in the Fire Force today!
OT2: The Fire Force wants YOU!
I like these! Might actually use it since the current one was supposed to be a temp thing, lol. Hmm. Gotta close the poll and update the OP too...
Maybe. I can't imagine a scenario where Shoto doesn't get stomped though.
He gets stomped, Endeavor saves him and dies in the process.

Well, okay, that would be a cheap way out for his character but maybe he'll have gone through enough development by then.

Still, it's pretty exciting thinking about Shoto fighting both Geten and Dabi at the same time.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Btw I'm bummed Geten is a man since y'all got my hopes up. But I guess Hori had to further the Jump effeminate ice user lineage.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With Bakugo finally in a villain arc again and likely to get a fight, I have a simple question for y'all:
Will Bakugo...stomp?

Yes/No

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Btw I'm bummed Geten is a man since y'all got my hopes up. But I guess Hori had to further the Jump effeminate ice user lineage.

Still holding out hope Getens still a woman after Caleb's tweet the other day, but it's not looking good, oh well at least we've got Burnin'

With Bakugo finally in a villain arc again and likely to get a fight, I have a simple question for y'all:
Will Bakugo...stomp?

Yes/No

Will initially get stomped before going beyond his limits (plus ultra and all that) and will then proceed to stomp.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Still holding out hope Getens still a woman after Caleb's tweet the other day, but it's not looking good, oh well at least we've got Burnin'
Yeah I'm happy about Burnin. She's got a really good design.

Btw I looked at her entry on the wiki and man, I love wikis for fictional stuff but sometimes they can stretch
"She is very enthusiastic and her fiery personality tends to clash with Katsuki's."

They've interacted once and they already see a tendency lol. (Also at this point, whose personality doesn't clash with Bakugo's anyway?)
Will initially get stomped before going beyond his limits (plus ultra and all that) and will then proceed to stomp.
Hearing this, I basically picture what happened with Muscular and Rappa and if so, I count that as not stomping.
Stomp to me is what Bakugo did to Tokoyami or what his team did to Class B. Or what Todoroki did to Sero...though even "stomp" is being kind for that one.
TpovmbO.jpg

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm happy about Burnin. She's got a really good design.

Btw I looked at her entry on the wiki and man, I love wikis for fictional stuff but sometimes they can stretch
"She is very enthusiastic and her fiery personality tends to clash with Katsuki's."

They've interacted once and they already see a tendency lol. (Also at this point, whose personality doesn't clash with Bakugo's anyway?)

Hearing this, I basically picture what happened with Muscular and Rappa and if so, I count that as not stomping.
Stomp to me is what Bakugo did to Tokoyami or what his team did to Class B. Or what Todoroki did to Sero...though even "stomp" is being kind for that one.

TpovmbO.jpg
Thanks, the pun was really hard to make

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
"LA?" League... I'm drawing a blank here. I can only think of "Los Angeles," lmao. Oh! MLA?

I like these! Might actually use it since the current one was supposed to be a temp thing, lol. Hmm. Gotta close the poll and update the OP too...

He gets stomped, Endeavor saves him and dies in the process.

Well, okay, that would be a cheap way out for his character but maybe he'll have gone through enough development by then.

Still, it's pretty exciting thinking about Shoto fighting both Geten and Dabi at the same time.
It has to be Dabi to deliver the final blow
Bakugo deserves an actual fight against villains so I hope for a win.
It's been way to long since Bakugo had an actual fight

Maybe he's Zorro brother

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah he needs a Muscular type of fight.
I love Apex Predator Bakugo so if he dominates if I won't complain but I would love for him to get a fight like that where he struggles a lot. Though as long as he gets multiple villain fights then I don't mind a variety between easy and insanely hard, kinda like Zoro gets in One Piece.

In any case, I really do feel like Bakugo getting his first villain fight is gonna be a big deal. Not only because of how long he's been out of such arcs but also because I remembered what someone brought up here a while ago about how Bakugo possibly doesn't have the best rep publicly because what the public knows is him being mad at the SportsFes and him being involved in the incident that saw All Might retire and UA's reputation deteriorate. He may end up proving himself to the world as a future contender for the top as part of his debut.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Bakugo and Deku are both going to be winning then get stomped right before Endeavor and All Might die

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Just got around to reading the latest chapter.

Not entirely sold on where we're going. We'll see.

Minor complaint, Endeavor's weird shoulder armor is dumb and lame, and I don't like it.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
No. 246 Message

Tomura has his shirt off and is in an operation room with the doctor.

Doctor: Let me ask, why do you want more power than you already have?

Tomura: I'm not going to hate heroes anymore. I'm going to end it next time.

Tomura sits on the operating table / chair and the chair moves and puts him facing upwards. It seems he's going to undergo some kind of surgery.

Tomura is floating in an image as if he's emerging from a chrysalis.

Doctor: The pain you'll experience over the next four months will be like hell. Overcome it and everything will be at the palms of your hands. Even OFA. The one power that didn't go the way AFO wanted.

A smiling Redestro asks Hawks about the liberation army books he's been giving out (it's unclear if they're highlighted), and it seems Resdestro doesn't notice the code. He says Hawks seems to have read the books well and is a good way to advertise and get the attention of the younger generation.

Endeavor reads the code from Hawks. Four Months, Rising to Action/Uprising, Until then, Sign, Send, If I, Fail, Be prepared, Numbers (Is the internship now the preparation for that?)

Burning says that Endeavor is only going to work with Shoto personally, and tells the other two they'll work with her. Bakugo's mad and Deku tries to calm him down, Todoroki says that's not how he thought it would be. Endeavor then shows up and says "I'll be working with all three of them."

A spread showing class A members at their internships. Then another spread showing All Might and class B, other students, Tsukauchi and Gran Torino who are probably at Tartarus with Kurogiri, plus Eri, Aizawa, Present Mic.

The origin trio is changing clothes.

Hopefully everyone can be smiling when the cherry blossoms begin to fall in spring...

More Dialogue:

Endeavor: I'll work with all three of them.

Flashback Dabi: It seems they haven't grown much.

Hawks: Dabi... I'm glad you underestimate them. It was good that I jumped in and stole that win from them.

Hawks: Because they were already fast enough even if I hadn't shown up.

Someone (Hawks?): I was never interested in raising the next generation.

Someone (Hawks?): But seeing them working hard changed my mind. I'm glad it was them who came.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Will Bakugo...stomp?

Yes/No
Super sleuth Bakugo is going to discover that Hawks murdered Best Jeanist. He will then fight and defeat Hawks and declare his hero name as Lord Explosion Murder Detective.

The party chapter brought up the hero name thing again so I do expect something from that in the near future.

Please support the official release!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As you may know, this week Shonen Jump comes out early, on Friday Oct. 11th instead of the usual Sunday. If you are used to reading the illegal release, please consider just waiting for the official release this week. Never mind the fact that once you get used to the official release, the wait is always the same 1-week and is just Sun -> Sun instead of Fri -> Fri, this time the wait is the same for you even if you transition because it's Fri (leak) -> Fri (official). There are no bad times to transition to reading the official release but there certainly is no better time to do it than when Jump comes out early such as this week.

You can read it here:
Viz (United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, the Philippines, Singapore, and India)
Manga Plus (Worldwide except Japan, Korea and China)

Chapters come out at 4pm ET, 1pm PT, 8pm GMT

Please support the official release!

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hey sorry I haven't been as active this past week here. I have been swamped irl and haven't had time to catch up on any MHA news.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter ends with Midoriya/Todoroki/Bakugo suiting up, Fuyumi praying, Gran Torino & Tsukauchi meeting with Kurogiri, and Eri's horn growing again, all on one page.

...certainly feels like shit is about to hit the fan.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Chapter ends with the big three suiting up, Fuyumi praying, Gran Torino & Tsukauchi meeting with Kurogiri, and Eri's horn growing again, all on one page.

...certainly feels like shit is about to hit the fan.
When you say big 3 do you mean the actual Big 3 or do you mean Deku, Shoto, and Bakugo?

Ebnas

May 15, 2019
I think I can see where the prophesied 'darkness' is going to come from...

Redestro and Trumpet are going to go on a smear campaign. They will out Endeavor as an abuser and wifebeater, out Hawks as someone working with the League of Villains once his usefulness is done, and they supposedly already have Jeanist- that's three of the top 5 pros done and done.

And then everybody loses their goddamn minds.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So just to be clear In 4 months Shiggy is getting AFO's powers right? Is that what the last few pages hint at?
I think he's going to become capable of commanding/controlling Nomu with his mind, and to merge their quirk factors/DNA with his own on demand. Sort of like AFO but replicated in a round-about and macabre way using science. Or maybe his quirk will be altered in such a way that he'll be able to turn organic beings into Nomu using Decay.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was looking at Naruto volumes and saw that Part II started at Vol. 28. It's crazy to think that MHA should reach that same volume count next year. I wonder how early/far we are in the overall story right now. "The Beginning of the End" was Volume 11/Chapter 95 but obviously it's clear the "End" is way longer than the "Beginning" lol (Just like "Part II" of Naruto is way longer and really the war ought to be considered it's own "Part" since it takes up a third of the story).

If you were to guess, how many chapters/volumes would you say this story would go up to? No basis to speculate anyway so might as well throw out any number as a guess.

Always thought this ship made more sense tbh...

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying 40 volumes.

25 volumes worth of chapters already published so that can leave us with the following:
-1 volume to wrap up the Hawks, Endeavors, and the fall of hero society stuff
-13 volumes of Monoma, Kendo, and general class B adventures
-And a final volumes of Deku becoming number 1 hero by defeating final boss spinner or something. Maybe even a bonus epilogue chapter to give the rest of class A an ending can fit in there.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, what will happen is that Deku's long lost adoptive brother will arrive and instantly defeat Endeavor to become number 1, he also wants to marry ochako and has a band of underground hero underlings. In the epilogue it is revealed that this guys is actually Ochako's half brother

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm saying 40 volumes.

25 volumes worth of chapters already published so that can leave us with the following:
-1 volume to wrap up the Hawks, Endeavors, and the fall of hero society stuff
-13 volumes of Monoma, Kendo, and general class B adventures
-And a final volumes of Deku becoming number 1 hero by defeating final boss spinner or something. Maybe even a bonus epilogue chapter to give the rest of class A an ending can fit in there.
Kendo would actually be able to make me stick through all of this lol.

Nah, what will happen is that Deku's long lost adoptive brother will arrive and instantly defeat Endeavor to become number 1, he also wants to marry ochako and has a band of underground hero underlings. In the epilogue it is revealed that this guys is actually Ochako's half brother

Besides Deku being the protagonist, I feel like this would fit better with Shoto and Momo lol.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kendo would actually be able to make me stick through all of this lol.

Besides Deku being the protagonist, I feel like this would fit better with Shoto and Momo lol.
You are right, rewording
Nah, what will happen is that shoto's long lost brother will arrive and instantly defeat Endeavor to become number 1, he also wants to marry Momo and has a band of underground hero underlings. In the epilogue it is revealed that this guys is actually Momo's half brother

Status
Not open for further replies.