• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

My Hero Academia |OT2| Class B ain't a myth, can't ya see!?

bunkitz

Oct 28, 2017

Welcome to the second My Hero Academia OT! Have fun and join the discussions on the popular anime/manga series taking the world by storm!

RULES
  • This OT is for discussion of all things My Hero Academia, that includes the anime, manga, movie, games, etc.
  • Manga discussion does not require spoiler tags unless it’s regarding a chapter that has not yet been released in English. Any discussion (such as reactions) pertaining to an unreleased chapter must be tagged as spoilers. Chapters usually release on Fridays.
  • Movie discussion must be spoiler tagged as the film has yet to be released in many countries.
  • Scanlation sites cannot be mentioned, nor can their works (when watermarked) be posted. Only post manga images if they do not include watermarks.
  • Posting fan art is encouraged, but do so with a source.
  • NSFW and/or overly-suggestive content is prohibited.
SYNOPSIS
Set in the distant future where 80% of the population are born with “quirks,” society now revolves around these super powers and the “Heroes” who use them for good and the “Villains” who cause chaos and destruction with them. My Hero Academia follows the story of Izuku Midoriya, a quirkless child whose dream is to be a Pro Hero like his idol All Might, the #1 Hero and Symbol of Peace.

CHARACTERS

Name: Izuku Midoriya
Hero Name: Deku
Quirk: One For All

A hero-loving nerd and the current wielder of One For All. His unshakingly heroic nature inspired All Might in the past, resulting in the latter choosing him as his successor. Now well on his way towards his dream of becoming the #1 hero, Izuku recently partook in a joint operation between heroes and the police to take down a powerful criminal organization. Despite his key contribution to the completion of the mission, Izuku lost faith in himself as the rightful successor to All Might. He is only able to regain his confidence after thwarting an attempted villain attack at U.A., enabling a successful celebration of the school’s cultural festival.

Name: Toshinori Yagi
Hero Name: All Might
Quirk: (former) One For All

The former #1 hero and Symbol of Peace, he retired after his decisive battle with All For One in Kamino three months ago. Despite no longer being able to perform his hero duties, he works towards creating a brighter future for hero society by teaching the next generation of heroes. In secret, he mentors Izuku and trains him to become his successor as a future Symbol of Peace.

Name: Katsuki Bakugo
Hero Name: N/A
Quirk: Explosion

A very skilled and talented, but rude and aggressive classmate of Izuku. Former childhood friends, his once unhealthy relationship with Izuku slowly heals as the two strive towards their shared goal of becoming the #1 hero. Having failed the provisional license exam due to his aggressive behavior and indifference towards saving others, he is putting in extra work in order to catch up to his peers.

Name: Hitoshi Shinso
Quirk: Brainwash

A student from U.A.’s general course who hopes to transfer into U.A.’s hero course. He has been training under the pro hero and U.A. staff member Eraser Head (Shota Aizawa) and is currently partaking in 1-A and 1-B’s joint training exercise as a final test for his admission into the course.

Name: Shoto Todoroki
Hero Name: Shoto
Quirk: Half-Hot Half-Cold

Blessed with a powerful quirk, Shoto entered U.A. as one of 1-A’s two recommended students. Once cold and aloof, Izuku helped Shoto overcome his personal issues during the sports festival, allowing him to open up to others and accept the left half of his quirk. Having also failed the provisional license exam due to his remaining issues with his father, Shoto is currently working towards catching up with the rest of his class.

Name: Momo Yaoyorozu
Hero Name: Creati
Quirk: Creation

The vice president of class 1-A and another one of its recommended students. Momo is a studious and intelligent student eager to prove her worth and help others. Suffering from a shattered self-confidence due to previous failures, Shoto helped her regain her confidence during the end of term exams. Momo and her team failed against Kendo’s team during the joint training exercise with 1-B.

Name: Itsuka Kendo
Hero Name: Battle Fist
Quirk: Big Fist

The class president of 1-B and Momo’s rival. A brilliant student through and through, she excels both in combat and in strategizing. Since her internship experience with Momo under the snake hero Uwabami, she’s held insecurities resulting from people comparing the two students. Kendo and her team proved to be more than a match for Momo and her team during the joint training exercise.

Name: Neito Monoma
Hero Name: Phantom Thief
Quirk: Copy

A 1-B student notoriously known for his inferiority complex towards 1-A and their achievements, Monoma desires nothing more than to prove 1-B’s superiority. However, beneath his deranged behavior around their rival class lies a cunning mind not to be taken lightly.

Name: Enji Todoroki
Hero Name: Endeavor
Quirk: Hellflame

The current #1 hero and father to Shoto, his unfriendly and aggressive behavior made him unpopular despite having the highest number of solved cases among all the heroes. Abusing his family in the past but now acknowledging his mistakes, he is currently working towards becoming a better person and hero.

Name: N/A
Hero Name: Hawks
Quirk: Fierce Wings

The #2 hero, nicknamed “the man who goes too fast” due to his literal speed and the speed at which he climbed the hero rankings at such a young age. A lifelong fan of Endeavor, he is secretly working as a spy for the League of Villains in an attempt to aide the heroes under the orders of the Japanese government.

CURRENT ARC
Joint Training Arc (194 - current)

In an exciting new school arc, class 1-A and 1-B partake in a joint training exercise that pits both classes against each other in team battles. Hitsoshi Shinso joins the exercise as the final evaluation for his admission into the Hero Course.

1st Match:​
1-A
  • Tsuyu Asui (Froppy) - W​
  • Koji Koda (Anima) - L​
  • Denki Kaminari (Chargebolt) - W​
  • Eijiro Kirishima (Red Riot) - L​
  • Hitoshi Shinso (N/A || Quirk: Brainwash) - W​
1-B
  • Ibara Shiozaki (Maria || Quirk: Vines) - L​
  • Jurota Shishida (Gevaudan || Quirk: Beast) - L​
  • Hiryu Rin (Dragon Shroud || Quirk: Scales) - L​
  • Kosei Tsuburaba (N/A || Quirk: Solid Air) - L​
VICTORY: 1-A
------------------------------
2nd Match:​
1-A
  • Yuga Aoyama (Can't Stop Twinkling) - L​
  • Momo Yaoyorozu (Creati) - L​
  • Toru Hagakure (Invisible Girl) - L​
  • Fumikage Tokoyami (Tsukuyomi) - L​
1-B
  • Kinoko Komori (Shemage || Quirk: Mushroom) - W​
  • Itsuka Kendo (Battle Fist || Quirk: Big Fist) - W​
  • Vantablack (Shihai Kuroiro || Quirk: Black) - W​
  • Manga Fukidashi (Comicman || Quirk: Comic) - W​
VICTORY: 1-B
3rd Match:​
1-A
  • Tenya Ida (Ingenium) - L​
  • Mezo Shoji (Tentacole) - D​
  • Shoto Todoroki (Shoto) - L​
  • Mashirao Ojiro (Tailman) - L​
1-B
  • Pony Tsunotori (N/A || Quirk: Horn Cannon) - D​
  • Juzo Honenuki (N/A || Quirk: Softening) - L​
  • Sen Kaibara (N/A || Quirk: Gyrate) - L​
  • Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu (Real Steel || Quirk: Steel) - L​

VICTORY: N/A (DRAW)
4th Match:
1-A
  • Katsuki Bakugo (N/A) - W​
  • Kyoka Jiro (Earphone Jack) - W​
  • Hanta Sero (Cellophane) - W​
  • Rikido Sato (Sugar Rush) - W​
1-B
  • Togaru Kamakiri (N/A || Quirk: Razor Sharp) - L​
  • Setsuna Tokage (N/A || Quirk: Lizard Tail Cut) - L​
  • Yosetsu Awase (N/A || Quirk: Weld) - L​
  • Kojiro Bondo (N/A || Quirk: Cemedine) - L​

VICTORY: 1-A
5th Match:
1-A
  • Izuku Midoriya (Deku)
  • Ochaco Uraraka (Uravity)
  • Mina Ashido (Pinky)
  • Minoru Mineta (Grape Juice)

1-B
  • Neito Monoma (Phantom Thief || Quirk: Copy)
  • Yui Kodai (N/A || Quirk: Size)
  • Nirengeki Shoda (N/A || Quirk: Twin Impact)
  • Reiko Yanagi (N/A || Quirk: Poltergeist)
  • Hitoshi Shinso (N/A || Quirk: Brainwash)

RECENT ARCS
Pro Heroes Arc (184 - 193)

In his first time as the official new #1 hero, Endeavor teams-up with #2 hero Hawks to investigate rumors of Nomu sightings at Kyushu. What started off as an ordinary day quickly goes south as the top two pro heroes are attacked by a brand new breed of Nomu: High-End. The new #1 hero is pushed beyond his limits as he goes Plus Ultra to defeat one of the deadliest threats the heroes have faced in the entire series.

Cultural Festival Arc (169 - 183)

As November rolls in, U.A. and its students begin preparations for the annual Cultural Festival. 1-A is tasked with creating their own show for the school and decides on a musical performance to ease the tension brought about by recent events. Elsewhere, Midoriya trains with All Might as he tries to further improve his control over One For All, while a villainous duo makes their debut in a desperate attempt to leave their mark in history.

Remedial Course Arc (163 - 168)

Todoroki and Bakugo take the next step towards their provisional license by attending a remedial course made specifically for those who failed the earlier license exam. There, they are joined by Shiketsu High students Inasa Yoarashi and Camie Utsushimi to, wait for it… babysit. Meanwhile, Endeavor watches over Shoto while he talks with All Might, seeking advice from the former Symbol of Peace on what it means to be the #1 Hero.

ANIME
SEASON 1
Episode Count: 13
Manga Coverage: Ch. 1 - 21

SEASON 2
Episode Count: 25
Manga Coverage: Ch. 21 - 70

Additional Note/s: The second season features one anime-original episode (32) covering the internship experiences of some of 1-A’s students, with a particular focus on Froppy.

SEASON 3
Episode Count: 25
Manga Coverage: Ch. 70 - 124

Additional Note/s: The third season features two anime-original episodes (39 and 58), the former of which serves as a recap episode, as well as taking ideas from chapter 49.5 of the manga. Episode 58 is a special charity episode that includes a small tie-in to the movie at the very end. In addition to episodes 39 and 58, episode 55 contains anime original content for majority of its runtime.

SEASON 4
(TBD)

MOVIE

My Hero Academia: Two Heroes is a canon film set between the events of seasons 2 and 3. It features majority of class 1-A and introduces brand new characters tied to All Might as the film explores his backstory.

The film releases on DVD/Blu-Ray on Febuary 13, 2019.

Alongside the film, a special “Volume: Origin” book was released. It features interviews, character concepts, special illustrations, as well as a one-shot chapter titled “All Might: Rising.” While only available as a limited release in Japan. In the West, VIZ Media released “All Might: Rising” as a free chapter online.

Alongside “All Might: Rising,” another special movie one-shot was released, titled “There’s always someone out there who’s someone else’s hero.” It serves as a prequel to the movie, telling the story of Melissa Shield, the daughter of All Might’s trusted friend David Shield. The one-shot was written and illustrated by Kyoko Akiyama.

LATEST/UPCOMING OFFICIAL RELEASES

(JP) Volume 21: Why He Gets Back Up (189 - 200)
ON SALE NOW

(US) Volume 16: Red Riot (138 - 147)
ON SALE NOW

(US) Volume 17: Lemillion (148 - 157)
Release Date: February 5, 2019

(US) My Hero Academia School Briefs I (Light Novel)
Release Date: April 2, 2019

(US) My Hero Academia: Smash!! (Parody spin-off)
Release Date: Summer 2019

OTHER MEDIA

• My Hero Academia: Vigilantes is a spin-off manga series written by Hideyuki Furuhashi and illustrated by Betten Court. It is set before the events of My Hero Academia and features original characters, as well as characters from the main series such as Ingenium and All Might. The entire series is available digitally, for free, on VIZ Media’s website.[/B][/B]
  • My Hero Academia: School Briefs is a series of light novels written by Ann Takahashi and illustrated by Kohei Horikoshi. The first volume is about interactions between the students at the start of the school year. The second is set during the summer training camp, while the third features stories from their time since staying at Heights Academy, the U.A. on-campus dormitories.
  • My Hero Academia: One’s Justice is the series’ console/PC game debut. It releases worldwide on October 26th for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
  • My Hero Academia Smash!! is a spin-off gag manga by Hirofumi Neda. It concluded in November 2017 with a total of five volumes.
  • My Hero Academia Smash Rising is a mobile gacha game currently only available in Japanese. The former (when it was still called Smash Tap) subreddit has a handy guide on how to play the original game for non-Japanese speakers.
  • My Heroine Academia (unofficial title) or Watashi no Hero Academia, is a new spin-off gag manga by Horikoshi’s assistant and the mangaka behind Saguri-chan Tankentai, Kyoko Akiyama. As of chapter 207 of the main series, there have been three chapters.

OFFICIAL LINKS
Shonen Jump: (come December 17th, the latest 3 chapters will be completely free ;a monthly subscription will instead grant access to the entirety of Jump's digital vault)
Subbed Anime (Crunchyroll)
Dubbed Anime (Funimation)
All Might Rising (free; requires VIZ Media account)[/B][/B]

ONLINE RETAILERS
Manga Volumes (VIZ Media)
Manga Volumes (Comixology)
Manga Volumes (Amazon)
Vigilantes (VIZ Media)
Vigilantes (Comixology)
Vigilantes (Amazon)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This OT is so beautiful!!!

Great job! Title is a 10/10 too.
Looking forward to discussing this manga more with all of you.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if Hot Take not not: I hope Deku's team loses against Monoma.
Same. B needs some wins. Deku needs a loss. Shinso could use a win against Deku considering he was cheated out of his first victory. The math just works.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck. Made some mistakes. Gonna fix that later.
Holy shit bunkitz someone has been busy
Alternatively: Someone has not had anything to do at work because the marketing team still doesn't have the files someone needs.

Just kidding. Kinda. Maybe. 50-50.
I wish kirishima or kaminari made it in to the first post. Sad.
Don't worry, I'll continuously update the OP, so if they become relevant again, I'll add them!
Not a hot take, I think. I'm on the same boat as you.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, glad so many people agree. Time for Deku to get an L. Not sure about Todoroki and Bakugou. I would be pleasantly surprised if they both won. It's been a while for them chapterwise.

That is what you're saying to me rn
Gotta have sacrifices sometimes.

Nov 1, 2017
Great job on the OT! That new thread smell.

Nope, that’s a common sentiment. I’ve been saying Deku’s team is gonna lose since this arc started. Not because I want Deku too, but if Shinso is responsible for both teams he’s on getting their victory it’ll solidify his acceptance into the Hero course.

There’ll be slight drama as to which class he’ll pick, but we all know it’s gonna be 1-A. You say that’ll make 1-A unbalanced, but I’ll just conveniently forget Mineta exists until necessary

Oct 25, 2017
I think Bakugo or Todoroki should, Deku already got blasted in the tournament
Deku needs a loss
Why he needs a loss? Deku always loses when it isn't against villains
but if Shinso is responsible for both teams he’s on getting their victory it’ll solidify his acceptance into the Hero course.
Shinso is already in imo, if anything he should lose to show that he still isn't up there with the rest

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, that’s a common sentiment. I’ve been saying Deku’s team is gonna lose since this arc started. Not because I want Deku too, but if Shinso is responsible for both teams he’s on getting their victory it’ll solidify his acceptance into the Hero course.
Now I’m afraid Shinso’s team will lose and they’ll be like “Well...the kid won with A and lost with B...he’s going to A”.
If that’s how it’s gotta be for him to join A then so be it but I want him to win both and then he joins A for some other reason. (Like being his mentor’s class)

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

But Deku already wins when it matters. Recently in fact. Todoroki and Bakugou got dealt a heavy loss with the exam especially. Also want to see Monoma as a legit threat. He's got a cool ability and is super smart.

Oct 25, 2017
But Deku already wins when it matters. Recently in fact. Todoroki and Bakugou got dealt a heavy loss with the exam especially. Also want to see Monoma as a legit threat. He's got a cool ability and is super smart.
is he though

Oct 25, 2017
Bakugo won against deku just after that, he doesn't need to win here
Todoroki needs the win more I agree, specially since his loss was way worse than Bakugo with the whole thing with Inasa
Anyway, Deku always loses in trainings it is getting boring, his only wins was against bakugo in the first time and he didn't even win the 1vs1 and against All Mightin the exam
Outside that he was last in the physical test, lost to todoroki in tournament, tripped in the mobilty test, and lost to Bakugo. Deku needs to show he can win when there isn't anything serious in the line
He is, just in the last chapter he immediately recognized Tokoyami's mistake

Nov 1, 2017

Shinso is already in imo, if anything he should lose to show that he still isn't up there with the rest
I’m not sure exactly how Kohei is gonna work it, but I think Deku can still come out looking good even if his team loses.

It’s also possible that Shinso might have a countermeasure ready for Deku. He has lost to him once already. I can see him trying to get into Deku’s head, maybe making his need to be heroic into a liability.

Now I’m afraid Shinso’s team will lose and they’ll be like “Well...the kid won with A and lost with B...he’s going to A”.
If that’s how it’s gotta be for him to join A then so be it but I want him to win both and then he joins A for some other reason. (Like being his mentor’s class)
Maybe Shinso wins both but decides on 1-A because he likes them better, lol. Deku, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Tsu have been pretty kind to him and treated him like a regular guy, which I think is something he really appreciates.

I don’t get that same vibe from 1-B in regards to Shinso, but that’s just me

Oct 25, 2017
It’s also possible that Shinso might have a countermeasure ready for Deku. He has lost to him once already. I can see him trying to get into Deku’s head, maybe making his need to be heroic into a liability.
Deku will be the one with a countermeasure not Shinso, Shinso isn't aware of deku new skills and deku saw his first fight
Monoma in terms of combat ability is smart, but outside he's not since he failed his exam before the training camp.
He probably lost because of other reasons, remember sero lost and that wasn't because he is dumb or something

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Monoma in terms of combat ability is smart, but outside he's not since he failed his exam before the training camp.
Eh I don't think that's a good measurement. Sero and Kirishima failed I don't consider them dumb in similar ways and they lost for different reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
He probably lost because of other reasons, remember sero lost and he isn't dumb
Eh I don't think that's a good measurement. Sero and Kirishima failed I don't consider them dumb in similar ways and they lost for different reasons.
Oops, for some reason I was thinking they all failed the written exam, I completely forgot about the fight. Disregard what I just said.

Nov 1, 2017
Deku will be the one with a countermeasure not Shinso, Shinso isn't aware of deku new skills and deku saw his first fight
I’m sure Deku will have a plan, but I doubt Shinso is gonna go up against Deku unprepared. I think he’ll have something, a move or a strategy, ready to go that is specific to Deku. More than likely a strategy for keeping him distracted, seeing as there’s no way he can beat Deku in a fight.

Oct 25, 2017
Monoma besides being a petty joke is shown to be smart and observant and apparently him and Kendo are the leaders of B

He's probably useless I'm combat but like Kendo will come up with a decent strategy