• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's not Bakugo's fault he makes Deku look like a wet blanket.
It kinda is when it is a constant problem with several characters not just deku.
Yeah, I agree characters are lamer around Bakugo.
Bakugo is so great he makes the characters around him rather inadequate (except Kirishima)
The other characters really need to step up and get on his level.
When you need to make the other character look bad to make a character look good it isn't a good signal. Real great characters elevate others not make them look worse.
Compare to Mirio, everyone around him, even Nighteye, is much more awesome

It kinda links with my reasoning why Bakugo would be a bad MC

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Mina has the right idea, Mineta should be shamed and punished at every possible opportunity

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It kinda is when it is a constant problem with several characters not just deku.

When you need to make the other character look bad to make a character look good it isn't a good signal. Real great characters elevate others not make them look worse.

I really just think it's Deku, Todoroki holds his own just fine against Bakugo. Doubt Mirio would have problems either. Deku's reverence of Bakugo definetely colors their interactions

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I really just think it's Deku, Todoroki holds his own just fine against Bakugo. Doubt Mirio would have problems either. Deku's reverence of Bakugo definetely colors their interactions

It has to do with Bakugo commanding the room when he is there. Todoroki can handle that because hr is used to that and Mirio has way more experience but Deku is just getting that now. Its gonna take a bit more time

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

xiWRe0S.png

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017

Was kinda kidding with my response but anyway, I get the point with characters being lamer around Bakugo, but I don't necessarily agree with him not elevating other characters, while he may not do that when interacting with others, he does have an effect on the other characters.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sure of course a Bakugo would blame deku. Regardless I already adressed Todoroku with Bakugo
Was kinda kidding with my response but anyway, I get the point with characters being lamer around Bakugo, but I don't necessarily agree with him not elevating other characters, while he may not do that when interacting with others, he does have an effect on the other characters.
Well I don't like his effect in most of them with the exception of a few like Kirsihima

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Makes sense with Mirio on the cover.

Are the Viz volume sales available anywhere?

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Popping in to say all yalls favorites trash

Momo the best. Bunkz best mod, make this man the owner. Spirit king demands it 🚶🏽‍♂️

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I DIDNT ASK YOU LOTUS

Oops, my mistake

You can't fade Iida he takes no Ls

Lol I ain't say he took an L, I just asked when will he become interesting :P

Hey, he was interesting recently!

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

As far as we're concerned, we have no idea when anyone is gonna be interesting in the future. 😛

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If you think that Iida was uninteresting in the recent arc then maybe he was never really interesting for you. That match was peak Iiida

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It probably would have been better if Iida's power up wasn't revealed in a match where he tied with class B.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, peak Iida is still during the Stain arc when he was relevant.

"My name is Ingenium, and I will defeat you!"
It is peak Iida because it shows all sides of the character, stain arc only had serious Iida and not goofy Iida
Yup, what a hilariously bad take
Sorry, I forgot that people aren't allowed to be positive about characters that you are negative about like Iida

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I forgot that people aren't allowed to be positive about characters that you are negative about like Iida

You just implied that because I didn't find him interesting in this arc, that that somehow means I never found him interesting to begin with, despite clearly stating otherwise. And then you go on to play the victim after I agree with Tace.

Uh, ok.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You just implied that because I didn't find him interesting in this arc, that that somehow means I never found him interesting to begin with, despite clearly stating otherwise. And then you go on to play the victim after I agree with Tace.

Uh, ok.
I never implied anything, I said maybe, it wasn't directed to anyone in particular. And just because of that you call my opinion a hilarious bad take from nowhere.
It probably would have been better if Iida's power up wasn't revealed in a match where he tied with class B.
I don't think so, it is like saying that Unbreakable isn't a good special move because it was introduced against a random villain that would escape if it wasn't for Fat Gum
The actions and how they are portrated are more important than the results

Last edited:

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with this 100%, I noticed the public opinion on Deku started to go south after Deku vs Bakugo 2 because Deku's whole attitude towards Bakugo makes him look like a doormat, and Horikoshi has done a terrible job with their friendship since he never addresses how horrible was to Izuku, Bakugo shows no remorse for his bullying and continues to treat Deku like shit and Deku just takes it because the manga brushes it off as a friendly rivalry

This is why to this day I don't fucking like Bakugo. Yes, I know about the "growth" but he's still an unrepentant asshole at the core and they're trying to pass that shit off like "oh they're just shounen rivalz!!!" No, he's a fucking bully who literally told a kid with low self-esteem to kill himself and hasn't said anything since that suggests he's sorry about any of the shit he pulled on Deku.

Make him stop being an absolute dick to Deku and say something that translates to "I'm sorry for the way I treated you", even if it's in the roundabout Bakugo way, and then show a change in the dynamic between the two as a result. Then, maybe I'll start to buy it.

Endeavor legit shows more actual regret and willingness to change. The dude who beat his wife and did eugenics. That's a problem for me.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with Blackleg, we had 2 arcs as a cooldown of kirishima, we can have him shinning again

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It is peak Iida because it shows all sides of the character, stain arc only had serious Iida and not goofy Iida
I dunno man, if you consider his actions in this past arc to what he did during the Stain arc and it's way less compelling. It seemed as if Iida for all his good qualities would have to deal with his anger or his view of hero society, but none of that has happened or if it has had been off screened. Iida got to share a splash page with Deku, now he's barely holding his own against Class B.

Iida got some love last arc don't get me wrong, but his peak was still Stain.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno man, if you consider his actions in this past arc to what he did during the Stain arc and it's way less compelling. It seemed as if Iida for all his good qualities would have to deal with his anger or his view of hero society, but none of that has happened or if it has had been off screened. Iida got to share a splash page with Deku, now he's barely holding his own against Class B.

Iida got some love last arc don't get me wrong, but his peak was still Stain.
Iida cant win alone, he did everything he could in that fight tho

Oct 27, 2017
You're all wrong Iida's peak is him screaming at the top of his lungs for god knows how long doin the robot the whole time

I do agree some more actual character stuff needs to happen with him but some characters still haven't even got their "intro shine" Iidas was with Stain and Kirishima got that with the Yakuza arc and while its been long enough that I want to return to those characters properly I'm very conscious of the fact that there are some great characters who haven't got that kick start yet

Status
Not open for further replies.