• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ochako just doesn't have focus, she doesn't need saving. Iida was in the same situation until this arc.
If anything Mineta's character that needs to be "saved"

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I was thinking about who Mineta would go up against, and this guy immediately came to mind:

lqpJTts.png

And then looking more into his character, I forgot he was actually on Shinso's team during the Cavalry Battle:

Pl38wvU.png

Hp1IXII.png

Now I'm kinda hoping this is brought up in some way.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I think the combining of the powers to try and catch Deku is going to cause OfA to freak out and destroy the training area putting everyone at risk

Also, jail break time. AfO and All Might about to be killed by Shiggy in the middle of the street

It is December after all

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- "This defeat will forever be etched in my heart" Ya goddamn right it will, just shameful. And in the end, I still don't know what was "dirty" about Tokage.

- All Might: "You have a good childhood friend"

tenor.gif

- Monoma really is a cult leader.

- Shinsou's fate up in the air, don't disappoint me Horikoshi...

- Between AfO's words, and the Giganto guy on the move, can't wait to finally wrap up the arc and see what that's all about.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Mortal Kombat 11 hype, Joker in Smash, and the chapter drop. We ate good tonight fam
Very intriguing chappy. The post fight talk went as expected, and that moment where Bakugo is clearly waiting for All Might's approval got me. He's just so damn tsundere lol, but Deku's reaction compared to how he used to act made a world of difference to me. There's an understanding there that I dig.

Calling it now, Deku will lose because of OfA shenanigans. It's gonna act up when he needs it not to the most and cost them the match. I do believe it'll lead to some kinda upgrade though, so it's not all bad. I also love that 1-B is prioritizing Deku. We give him a lot of crap, but he's still an incredible combatant.

Uraraka does seem to be the #2 next to Deku on the team, so fingers crossed. Patiently waiting for the prison break to start in 5-6 chapters...

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
All for One going Voldemort.

And yeah. I know All Might doesn't know their whole history, and he did acknowledge Bakugo's "potty mouth", but that line is still laughable.

Also:

gR18fVb.png

aMO1FbJ.png

*cue X-Files theme*

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Monoma's lines were surprisingly sentimental, and he seems aware that copying Deku's quirk could backfire terribly. Maybe he isn't such a joker after all.

And yeah, hard for me to believe Bakugo is a good childhood friend to any degree. I've always wondered if Horikoshi had the chance, would he go back and change some of the early stuff between them, so it'd be less harsh bullying, and more something else? I mean, the suicide line is just terrible, and it's never brought up.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And yeah, hard for me to believe Bakugo is a good childhood friend to any degree. I've always wondered if Horikoshi had the chance, would he go back and change some of the early stuff between them, so it'd be less harsh bullying, and more something else? I mean, the suicide line is just terrible, and it's never brought up.

He absolutely would.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It does kind of feel like a normalization of such a toxic (from one side only) relationship.

Horikoshi being like, "See! All Might says this is fine and good here. See, guys! ...guys?"

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It does kind of feel like a normalization of such a toxic (from one side only) relationship.

Horikoshi being like, "See! All Might says this is fine and good here. See, guys! ...guys?"

Damage was already done the minute it became clear Deku was never gonna stop calling him Kacchan tbh

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean, I guess Kohei is trying to show Deku and All Might are seeing through Bakugo's general frothing, but it's still a weird ass line to use. It definitely feels a bit like a sweeping under the rug...

Also, it's weird to me when anyone else besides Deku calls him Kacchan. You don't know him like that. I thought he hated that name, but watch him pull a Deku and end up loving it

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, it's weird to me when anyone else besides Deku calls him Kacchan. You don't know him like that

That did stick out to me. Was that the first time someone else said it? I never really paid attention, only noticed due to expecting Bakugo praise

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
That did stick out to me. Was that the first time someone else said it? I never really paid attention, only noticed due to expecting Bakugo praise
I think so, but it's been so long since we saw Bakugo it's possible Kirishima or Kaminari have said it before. The fact Bakugo didn't really react to it makes me think it's been said before or he really is softening up a little

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
That's weird my (unofficial) translation doesn't mention childhood and only says "You've got a good friend in him"

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Bakugou is like Chewbacca, except that instead of speaking Wookie he just constantly insults people, yet the other characters can still understand what he's saying.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like this guy doesn't hold too many grudges after the whole brainwashing thing, but we'll see.

Vc7Srwf.png

Thats because that version is good and the first one to arrive, in this chapter's case, was bad. I hate that people perceptions of the dialogue is shaped in this way.
I mean, I only read the one he's referring to, so my feelings are the same lol.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good chapter. I like the faith placed in Deku by his teammates and the wariness displayed by his opponents. Really makes me feel like he's come a long way and the reputation he has feels deserved and believably earned. Especially now that he hasn't been blowing himself up for a while.
Simply incredible (in the actaul "not able to be believed" sense of the word) that Mineta was on screen with two girls multiple times and didn't perv out once.
Tartarus stuff is very interesting. As is the mention of Gigantomachia and AFO having other followers. I wonder how those will relate to the League of Villains in the future.
Crazy how no one gives a shit about how impolite Bakugo is lol. Though I'm looking forward to the official translation for that, along with All Might's controversial line which felt weird for me as well.

It's time for Monoma to finally start moving up the popularity polls
He's got something good coming. I can feel it. A look into the madness
As far as the series and the relevant characters are concerned, it seems like that kill yourself thing never even happened. Very weird.
Bakugou is like Chewbacca, except that instead of speaking Wookie he just constantly insults people, yet the other characters can still understand what he's saying.
Lol that's a good way to put it

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Ok chapter but this

UByjOgF.png

Just shows why the 4th battle was so lame.

Class b's team strat was legit shit. They started out with an advantage but kept Awase in reserve in the assumption that they couldn't win the first skirmish.
yeah Bakugo was OP, but Team B underperformed hard as well. Perhaps the hardest of any B team so far.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Ok chapter but this

UByjOgF.png

Just shows why the 4th battle was so lame.

But its a slower burn than that. He was an asshole that didn't have faith in anyone, Than he began to make friends not lackeys and he was able to depend on them and now he slowly opening his circle of people he can depend on to his classmates. If he was with totally random people I'm pretty sure the team would have fallen apart but most other kids would have performed decently.

His next step is go on an actual mission with a team of heroes that he doesn't know and ahve a crash course in that.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I think he was checking out Mina in the last panel lmao.
Still , pretty good showing for grape this arc.

I mean he is eye level with most of their breast so i forgive him that. Its like me being 6'7ish I had girls in high school who would give me looks because they were short and eye level with my crotch ( I was kinda poor so I had tight pants before they were cool). Used to embarrass me to no end until I had to come to terms with the fact they almost have no choice but to look.

Also I would like to think he was way worse because he didn't have much interaction with girls before getting to high school but now that he has spent almost a year with them he has cooled down enough that he just glances.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Pretty much. Kaminari, Sero, and Kirishima pretty much translated him to the rest of the class os now shit rolls off their back. Water is wet and Bakugo is going to talk mad shit.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Class b's team strat was legit shit. They started out with an advantage but kept Awase in reserve in the assumption that they couldn't win the first skirmish.
yeah Bakugo was OP, but Team B underperformed hard as well. Perhaps the hardest of any B team so far.
Yep, I don't like the following:
  1. Bakugo becoming unbeatable just by acting like a normal person would do. He is 1st year student not a pro hero with years of training
  2. Class B relying on the fact that Bakugo wouldn't work together with classmates when they saw him working together with them in the cavalry battle. Like how class B knows that Deku has a ranged attack now but doesn't know that Bakugo is relationing better with his classmates?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
  1. Bakugo becoming unbeatable just by acting like a normal person would do. He is 1st year student not a pro hero with years of training
  2. Class B relying on the fact that Bakugo wouldn't work together with classmates when they saw him working together with them in the cavalry battle. Like how class B knows that Deku has a ranged attack now but doesn't know that Bakugo is relationing better with his classmates?
It is weird they know Deku is using long range attacks. Makes you wonder how they know that...we got some stalkers in 1-B?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, gotta agree, despite liking Bakugo, I'm not feeling the whole "you have a good friend there, Deku" line. Nothing shown between them throughout the manga or anime made me think of them ever having a positive relationship.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, gotta agree, despite liking Bakugo, I'm not feeling the whole "you have a good friend there, Deku" line. Nothing shown between them throughout the manga or anime made me think of them ever having a positive relationship.
I said that last week, it feels that the manga is skipping the part of that shows Bakugo improving and just shows that it is now improving with a character speaking out loud that this happenned. Just that in this case it is worse because him being good at teamworking now is something I can believe, even if it was underveloped, him being friends with deku is hard to swallow

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I think this chapter is foreshadowing deku losing control of his powers during this match and really hurting someone

Oct 27, 2017
I said that last week, it feels that the manga is skipping the part of that shows Bakugo improving and just shows that it is now improving with a character speaking out loud that this happenned. Just that in this case it is worse because him being good at teamworking now is something I can believe, even if it was underveloped, him being friends with deku is hard to swallow

This was me last chapter after everyone was falling over themselves praising how much Bakugo had changed. He's exactly the same and I wish he'd at least be shown struggling or suffering a major defeat every once in a while. He seems to have no impetus to change significantly because his behavior isn't chastised by any of the teachers and he has destroyed in pretty much every fight. I can already see Deku not having the same experience and his quirk acting up *sigh*

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
All Might needs to brush up on his backstory.

Monoma needs to chill lol.

Hyped for the match & most being "watch out for Deku tho"

That end tease...uh, yes please.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
good chapter, MHA been delivering the hype for me again

neither of these things are surprising

Bakugo is not becoming unbeatable by acting like a normal person. It has been stressed time and time again that Bakugo has a huge amount of potential and is basically a combat genius, and very intelligent in general. It may not seem like it as we don't follow his story, but it would be foolish to assume that Bakugo is an idiot who doesn't pay attention to his classmates quirks and overall ability. It is pretty logical to assume that once Bakugo is willing to put his trust in his teammates and not try to do everything himself that he would be able to use their abilities to his advantage as well.

Also, how would class B have any idea that Bakugo had changed his mindset? His own class even had no idea that Bakugo would be willing to cooperate with them as much as he did. Literally nobody saw this coming. Deku working on long range attacks is something far more visible than Bakugo becoming open to trusting his classmates.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Bakugo has trusted his teammates before and has never been bad at teamwork, so the whole "change" thing has been bothering me for a minute. At first I thought it was meta after Bakugo said himself that he didn't change but everyone else is super serious about it which has me confused.

Edit - The calvary battle, jumping in front of deku in the final exam, giving kaminari his grenades in the PLE. He's displayed everything he did in the set before. I feel like I'm being trolled by the manga

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Bakugo has trusted his teammates before and has never been bad at teamwork, so the whole "change" thing has been bothering me for a minute. At first I thought it was meta after Bakugo said himself that he didn't change but everyone else is super serious about it which has me confused.
🤷🏽‍♂️
It's been bothering me for the last few chapters

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Edit - The calvary battle, jumping in front of deku in the final exam, giving kaminari his grenades in the PLE. He's displayed everything he did in the set before. I feel like I'm being trolled by the manga
I think the difference here is his mindset. He sees them less as extras and more as teammates. Bakugo's trash talk isn't going away any time soon, and Kohei's execution of what I think he is trying to go for frankly could've been better in this chapter. Bakugo did say earlier in the fight he expected them to save him if he got in trouble, which I feel is indisputable growth. The Bakugo who got captured by the sludge monster wouldn't have said that.

That said, this is the first time I've felt a genuine disconnect with what Bakugo was saying and the reaction it elicited(All Might). That happens again and I might have some problems

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh hell yes.
If Gigantomachia breaks out All for one, that is going to be an insane couple of chapters. Probably going to be the Death of All Might as well, I fear. Meanwhile,if AfO can hear his brother in a literal non-metaphorical sense, then I am definitely sure about the Vestiges being the power up source for Deku. OfA is probably going haywire because its loading too much power from its previous users, with Deki being suddenly too aware of this. I have a suspicion OfA stacks itself with each user's specific use or combination with their latent quick, and that this ties into the brothers initial healing quirk. Deku is definitely going to have a major moment here, or dare I say it, lose OfA.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yes.
If Gigantomachia breaks out All for one, that is going to be an insane couple of chapters. Probably going to be the Death of All Might as well, I fear. Meanwhile,if AfO can hear his brother in a literal non-metaphorical sense, then I am definitely sure about the Vestiges being the power up source for Deku. OfA is probably going haywire because its loading too much power from its previous users, with Deki being suddenly too aware of this. I have a suspicion OfA stacks itself with each user's specific use or combination with their latent quick, and that this ties into the brothers initial healing quirk. Deku is definitely going to have a major moment here, or dare I say it, lose OfA.

I fucking swear

AfO knew All Might was coming right before they fought. I have to reread it but didn't he say "he's here" or something like that then All Might dropped out of the sky

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I fucking swear

AfO knew All Might was coming right before they fought. I have to reread it but didn't he say "he's here" or something like that then All Might dropped out of the sky

Yup. In the episode, he goes "You're here after all, aren't you...?" right before AM comes barreling from the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.