• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I like Berserk modes, so I wouldn't mind, but I also wouldn't mind if it's going to be something else. So I guess I'll not be disappointed either way and am mainly just looking forward to next week :P

RIP Monoma in any case.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's AFO related
Jex7cB8

Got that black jagged with white edge lighting look that he has.

But at the same time AFO did state he heard his brother. 🤔

Last edited:

FallenChief

Oct 27, 2017
What a cliffhanger!!!!!
I wonder if Deku shows another quirk here, the USJ may suspect him of being the traitor?? Because the only instance of more than one quirks they know of, are nomus and AfO. They may also check his previous quirk record and find that he was registered as quirkless less than a year ago. I would elaborate further if anyones interested..

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer if this is related to AFO's bro instead of being and AFO's thing, in fact I prefer if AFO lost relevancy so Shigaraki can grow, I much prefer the plot that Shigaraki becomes the new "symbol of evil" than it all being according to AFO plan.
Also if it is related to AFO's bro it could mean that deku can further differentiate himself from All Might.
Twin Impact's an interesting quirk, and I still love Yui's hat. I really hope Deku's teammates aren't here just to job and get carried by Deku's new power-up, but that's probably what's going to happen
It is probably the opposite, deku becomes incapacitated and the rest has to step up to win

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That was a great cliffhanger.

I wonder if the match will get called off due to Midoriya's Quirk going haywire.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Imagine being Deku right now. You finally thought you had OFA under control.

OFA be like
200w.gif
Lmao, great use of JJJ
I prefer if this is related to AFO's bro instead of being and AFO's thing, in fact I prefer if AFO lost relevancy so Shigaraki can grow, I much prefer the plot that Shigaraki becomes the new "symbol of evil" than it all being according to AFO plan.
Also if it is related to AFO's bro it could mean that deku can further differentiate himself from All Might.

It is probably the opposite, deku becomes incapacitated and the rest has to step up to win
I agree for the most part, I'd much rather this was something related to his brother. Sadly I think this is AfO doing something, but it's possible the brother or vestiges might step in. It's also possible Shinso could come to his aid.

Some are discussing this as a possible berserk form for Deku, and I hope that's not the case. Weird as it sounds, Naruto's Kyuubi form and even Ichigo's Hollow form works because I think it fits their personalities better. Deku wants to save people with a smile, a berserk form goes against the grain too much for me, so I actually would prefer Kohei take it to a different place. He does love subverting shonen tropes.

Well, some of them

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic cliffhanger! Very excited for this development, whatever it turns out to be. It almost certainly has something to do with All For One, but I don't want it to he him directly controlling One For All. Perhaps something along the lines of a dormant power he left there or him being one of the vestiges as suggested by someone here before. That would be interesting. I don't think I would want a "berserk mode" akin to Kyuubi Chakra Mode and all the rest cause that's as shonen as it gets for me. I've been happy that Deku didn't have anything like that and it was instead Tokoyami who had the uncontrollable (at night) beast inside him.

Black lightning looks dope though. I wonder it Aizawa or All Might/Bakugo will step in or do something.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It's been a long time since I've been so impatient for the next chapter, I believe fully that it's AFO trying to take control of Izuku but even with that there's like dozen different direction this can go, the only things I'm going to assume for next chapter is that the match is going to be called off and someone is going to get hurt, Horikoshi could also possibly kill someone off in the next upcoming chapters

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great cliffhanger but I'm worried for Deku. If you look at where the black lightning comes from, it looks like part of his costume exploded.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Horikoshi could also possibly kill someone off in the next u
Woah there. That would be escalating things a little too quickly and I feel like it would be totally unnecessary.
Great cliffhanger but I'm worried for Deku. If you look at where the black lightning comes from, it looks like part of his costume exploded.
Yup, the gloves Hatsume made for him broke. Hope he doesn't sustain another major injury from this...
What chapter are those AFO panels from?
All Might: Rising. (info on that and where to read it is in the OP)

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Heard someone say this arc could end with Deku vs Bakugo 3, with Deku out of control I could see it happening and it would be a pretty cool way to end it

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Random thought: Hagakure probably gravitated towards Ojiro at the start of the school year because of his plainness. As someone who desires attention but can't attain it, that must've been comforting on some level, whether she knew she felt that way or not.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Heard someone say this arc could end with Deku vs Bakugo 3, with Deku out of control I could see it happening and it would be a pretty cool way to end it
I don't see how Bakugo can win alone againt a berserk Deku, unless Berserk deku doesn't use 100% attacks for whatever reason

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Random thought: Hagakure probably gravitated towards Ojiro at the start of the school year because of his plainness. As someone who desires attention but can't attain it, that must've been comforting on some level, whether she knew she felt that way or not.
Or maybe she felt he'd be the easiest to turn...all part of a nefarious plan.

But seriously, yeah I like that interpretation. I hadn't ever thought about it that way. I only ever looked at it from a writing perspective, where Ojiro has scenes with her because he's plain and his reaction to be around her would play in a funny way.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest fear is that now Monoma won't get his time to shine because of Deku shenanigans. Hori is too cruel.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest fear is that now Monoma won't get his time to shine because of Deku shenanigans. Hori is too cruel.
After seeing the rundown of Monoma's team, he likely has the double impact Quirk and not Shinsou's (which is too obvious a move), which is a nightmare for Deku to fight against if Monoma's got good enough reflexes to dodge the initial strikes.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe his skeleton will shine when Deku blows his skin off his bones in the next chapter

I have faith that this is a a fight Aizawa would actually when and can stop Deku on time before that.

After seeing the rundown of Monoma's team, he likely has the double impact Quirk and not Shinsou's (which is too obvious a move), which is a nightmare for Deku to fight against if Monoma's got good enough reflexes to dodge the initial strikes.

Ooohh that would be neat to see. Monoma is suppose to be pretty smart and that would be a good strategy.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So i was thinking, now that this arc is finishing it would be a realy good time to announce a class 1B spinoff. It could be a way to expand on the world and it could retell some things from their pov.
Please...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i was thinking, now that this arc is finishing it would be a realy good time to announce a class 1B spinoff. It could be a way to expand on the world and it could retell some things from their pov.
Please...
Once Year 1 is done, a limited duration spinoff would be pretty cool.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's AFO related
Jex7cB8

Got that black jagged with white edge lighting look that he has.

But at the same time AFO did state he heard his brother. 🤔
Yeah this is likely connected to AFO.

If the "Deku had his quirk jacked by AFO via his Doc as a kid" theory is correct, that could be the link that gave AFO access once the transition to Deku was complete.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That would be, what, the fourth spinoff? lol
Smash is finished, the novels are only one per year and the watashi thing isn't a permanent spinoff with fixed releases.
I just want to see the characters interacting, i waited for so long for a class B arc and I can't afford to not have them be focus again.
Anyway more side content is always good

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry to pop in randomly, but I am rewatching the Anime and I am reminded that Mirio is a fantastic character in the short time he has been around. However I don't read the Manga and I'm trying to hold out for season 4. But I can help but be curious about Mirio. I also don't wanna risk spoilers though by googling it.

Can anyone tell me if he continues to be around? Or does he pull a Shinso where he kind of just shows up and then he is just....gone. Because I don't wanna get my hopes up if he is just one of those characters that pops in for a few episodes and then leaves.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Sorry to pop in randomly, but I am rewatching the Anime and I am reminded that Mirio is a fantastic character in the short time he has been around. However I don't read the Manga and I'm trying to hold out for season 4. But I can help but be curious about Mirio. I also don't wanna risk spoilers though by googling it.

Can anyone tell me if he continues to be around? Or does he pull a Shinso where he kind of just shows up and then he is just....gone. Because I don't wanna get my hopes up if he is just one of those characters that pops in for a few episodes and then leaves.

He's a recurring character and one of the main characters of the first season 4 arc. I wouldn't advise looking at google about him.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He's a recurring character and one of the main characters of the first season 4 arc. I wouldn't advise looking at google about him.
Okay good that's all I needed to know. And yeah that's why I thought I'd play it safe and just ask here just to be sure. And I think I may have asked this before and maybe forgot, but I was even afraid to search through the thread to see lol

Thank you!

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Please...
I would really, really like this. I'd even take another gag manga if that's what it has to be. Of course, I'd rather it wasn't, but beggars can't be choosers. As long as a gag manga gives us a better idea of their personalities, even if it's in an exaggerated way.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Smash is finished, the novels are only one per year and the watashi thing isn't a permanent spinoff with fixed releases.
I just want to see the characters interacting, i waited for so long for a class B arc and I can't afford to not have them be focus again.
Anyway more side content is always good
The inevitable downside to having so many characters.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not so sure that the black energy has to do directly with some machination by AfO. Everything is leading back to meeting with the vestiges of One For All. Even the dream had Deku covered in shadows.

ExuCB8q.png

We also know that Nana met a man shrouded in black within a dream, but that it wasn't time yet. It "not being time yet" probably because One For All hadn't been cultivated yet. Presumably that was AfO's brother, but we don't know. We also know the power freak out happened when Deku almost made a connection with AfO's brother.

We also have technically two predecessors unrevealed, but that might have nothing to do with this at the moment.

lw8bte5.png

The one before the two in black is All Might, the shape there is odd lol . AfO's brother isn't there but Deku met him later at the conclusion of the dream.

Real answer:

Horikoshi really liked Venom (2018)

Jokes aside, this is the singularity that Hori has been teasing.

rKExen5.png

Almost 40 chapters ago, mentioned during Shoto and Bakugou babysitting the unruly kids.

8N3bidq.png

12 chapters ago, Singularity mentioned with precaution right before his quirk went crazy.

Deku losing control is the singularity.

Last edited:

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not so sure that the black energy has to do directly with some machination by AfO. Everything is leading back to meeting with the vestiges of One For All. Even the dream had Deku covered in shadows.

ExuCB8q.png

We also know that Nana met a man shrouded in black within a dream, but that it wasn't time yet. It "not being time yet" probably because One For All hadn't been cultivated yet. Presumably that was AfO's brother, but we don't know. We also know the power freak out happened when Deku almost made a connection with AfO's brother.

We also have technically two predecessors unrevealed, but that might have nothing to do with this at the moment.

lw8bte5.png

The one before the two in black is All Might, the shape there is odd lol . AfO's brother isn't there but Deku met him later at the conclusion of the dream.

Real answer:

rKExen5.png

Almost 40 chapters ago, mentioned during Shoto and Bakugou babysitting the unruly kids.

8N3bidq.png

12 chapters ago, Singularity mentioned with precaution right before his quirk went crazy.

but AfO's brother says "We've already passed the singularity"

I think Deku is the key to controlling the effects of whatever the singularity is. I have a feeling the brother kept something locked in OfA and none of the previous users ever had Deku's potential and they probably never went 100%. Imagine if All Might was using OfA at like 50% and didn't know it.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017

I think Deku is the key to controlling the effects of whatever the singularity is. I have a feeling the brother kept something locked in OfA and none of the previous users ever had Deku's potential and they probably never went 100%. Imagine if All Might was using OfA at like 50% and didn't know it.
Well it sounds like it if Nanas dream is to be believed.

AFO is connected to this. There's no other reason why he should be hearing his brothers voice. Around the same time Deku finally meets the brother and said brother talks to him.

Last edited:

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017

?
That's why it is going out of control now. Not sure what part you are addressing.

There's always a chance the creation of the singularity has been a machiavellian scheme puppeteered by All For One, but that's a wild pitch to go with.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The inevitable downside to having so many characters.
I like the huge cast, and I am ok with most of them being most background characters. My problem with class B is the opposite, whenever they are part of an arc they seem so interesting and now with this arc I like they as much if not more than class A. Horikoshi did a better job developing them in this arc than a lot of the class A students in the introdutory arcs.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Cute! These are their outfits from volume 21's character pages. Would be very amusing if this is what they wore on a regular day out or something.

ExuCB8q.png

lw8bte5.png

Real answer:

rKExen5.png

8N3bidq.png

Huh. That's... A compelling argument. Came believe I forgot about the singularity. The thing is, though... All For One kind of has to have something to do with this. I feel that way because of the last chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.