• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what the limit is for Poltergeist. Would Yanagi be able to control the robots used in U.A. exams? If she is able to do that, I assume not back during the entrance exam. Maybe as a pro she'd be able to. If somebody (e.g. Bakugo) could create a whole bunch of debris for her... She'd be really dangerous in a fight.

Man, 1-B's quirks are really exciting. That's not surprising given how much more time Horikoshi had to develop them.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the limit is for Poltergeist. Would Yanagi be able to control the robots used in U.A. exams? If she is able to do that, I assume not back during the entrance exam. Maybe as a pro she'd be able to. If somebody (e.g. Bakugo) could create a whole bunch of debris for her... She'd be really dangerous in a fight.

Man, 1-B's quirks are really exciting. That's not surprising given how much more time Horikoshi had to develop them.
They're allowed to be interesting because they're enemies and Hori doesn't have to write them

Joking aside the translation said she can only move things ad heavy as a person though being translation I'm not sure if that's a weight limit or weird limitation but it explains why she teamed up with kodai

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
They're allowed to be interesting because they're enemies and Hori doesn't have to write them

Joking aside the translation said she can only move things ad heavy as a person though being translation I'm not sure if that's a weight limit or weird limitation but it explains why she teamed up with kodai

I mean if she can lift 200lbs and under she still has alot of utility.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think there's a note in the chapter that her limit is her own weight.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

I think there's a note in the chapter that her limit is her own weight.
Oh right, I forgot. I'm gonna assume that that's only the limit in that she used to only be able to carry half her weight, and now she's strong enough to carry her own weight then in the future she'll be able to lift more. If she's limited to the point that her own weight determines it... it just feels weird and sounds bad? As it is, though, yeah, carrying the weight of a person is very useful already.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, I forgot. I'm gonna assume that that's only the limit in that she used to only be able to carry half her weight, and now she's strong enough to carry her own weight then in the future she'll be able to lift more. If she's limited to the point that her own weight determines it... it just feels weird and sounds bad? As it is, though, yeah, carrying the weight of a person is very useful already.
It's the quirk name - "Poltergeist", if she just had straight up telekinesis it wouldn't be very interesting.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I'm now imagining the events of My Hero Academia done in the art style of Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. I shouldn't do it, because it's painful to visualize what will never happen.
Still, I hope the critical success of the film gets people to see the potential of the genre when animated.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Never read MHA proper, but am currently reading Vigilantes. Is Kuin a commonality for major villains?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I thought this felt familiar.

2mx0h7k.jpg

207xfnd.jpg

640c5w.jpg

Never read MHA proper, but am currently reading Vigilantes. Is Kuin a commonality for major villains?
Never heard of 'em (I think).

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm now imagining the events of My Hero Academia done in the art style of Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. I shouldn't do it, because it's painful to visualize what will never happen.
Still, I hope the critical success of the film gets people to see the potential of the genre when animated.
I'll dream with you bro! I take it you saw the film? I caught it earlier. They killed it, great film and I'd love to see MHA in that style.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I'll dream with you bro! I take it you saw the film? I caught it earlier. They killed it, great film and I'd love to see MHA in that style.
Yeah, it was great. One particular moment that grabbed my attention was the Prowler chase early in the flim. When they are both still underground, Prowler sticks his hand out and unsheathes his claws. There was just something amazing how the colors popped and how rough and dynamic it was. I wish I could describe it more precisely, but it was just so sick.
Incredibles 2 was another beautifully animated superhero movie this year, but I wouldn't want a 3D MHA to be animated like that.

ebd5bab672eba23eaf7e155959581490.gif

On the other hand, I can imagine Spiderman style merging with this kind of animation quite easily.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yeah, it was great. One particular moment that grabbed my attention was the Prowler chase early in the flim. When they are both still underground, Prowler sticks his hand out and unsheathes his claws. There was just something amazing how the colors popped and how rough and dynamic it was. I wish I could describe it more precisely, but it was just so sick.
Incredibles 2 was another beautifully animated superhero movie this year, but I wouldn't want a 3D MHA to be animated like that.

ebd5bab672eba23eaf7e155959581490.gif

On the other hand, I can imagine Spiderman style merging with this kind of animation quite easily.
I think I know what you mean. The animation is something else, especially during the action scenes. I'm struggling to find a word to describes it as well. It's almost like they took pages from comics and flipped them really fast to simulate movement, but there are moments where it stops(like a splash page) for emphasis, like the Prowler fight you brought up. I hope that made sense, lol

I do hope that style of animation is used more. Picturing All Might vs All For One or Mirio/Overhaul in that style....oh my

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean, you can talk about it but please keep it spoiler tagged.

Also, I'm in the cinema now, huehue. Five more minutes.
Enjoy man, it's top tier Spider-Man. There's good convo in the thread for the movie if anyone wants to discuss the finer details. There is a minor thing about the film I'd like you guys thoughts on

Spider-Verse Spoilers
Do you think the younger Peter Parker we see from Miles' dimension could've possibly been a clone? It was interesting he was blonde when Pete usually has brown hair, and I thought how Ben use to dye his hair blonde when he was operating as Spider-Man. If that "Peter" was actually Ben that'd be an interesting way to reintroduce Peter in later movies. I dunno, I'm probably overthinking it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Enjoy man, it's top tier Spider-Man. There's good convo in the thread for the movie if anyone wants to discuss the finer details. There is a minor thing about the film I'd like you guys thoughts on

Spider-Verse Spoilers
Do you think the younger Peter Parker we see from Miles' dimension could've possibly been a clone? It was interesting he was blonde when Pete usually has brown hair, and I thought how Ben use to dye his hair blonde when he was operating as Spider-Man. If that "Peter" was actually Ben that'd be an interesting way to reintroduce Peter in later movies. I dunno, I'm probably overthinking it.
DUDE IT WAS INCREDIBLE. I had so much fun watching it, spotting all those easter eggs and whatnot, and it was just an all-around great film. Fantastic animation, story, voice-acting, everything was stellar.

I actually thought he might be Ben Reilly and not Peter Parker, so... kind of the same line of thought. It would be interesting if they went that route, though, cause then as you said, that means there's an original Peter Parker somewhere out there. I doubt that would be the case, however, since Clonesâ„¢ are a huge pain to deal with in the Spider-Verse.

But my god, it was so, so, so good.
Found these a few days ago and forgot to share it.
Heyo, please source artists if you're sharing fan art! Sharing fan art (and memes too) is totally encouraged, but please respect the creators behind them when doing so. If you don't know the source, try using SauceNAO.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
DUDE IT WAS INCREDIBLE. I had so much fun watching it, spotting all those easter eggs and whatnot, and it was just an all-around great film. Fantastic animation, story, voice-acting, everything was stellar.

I actually thought he might be Ben Reilly and not Peter Parker, so... kind of the same line of thought. It would be interesting if they went that route, though, cause then as you said, that means there's an original Peter Parker somewhere out there. I doubt that would be the case, however, since Clonesâ„¢ are a huge pain to deal with in the Spider-Verse.

But my god, it was so, so, so good.
Awesome man, I knew you'd love it. It's up there with Spider-Man 2 I think, and I've never liked Miles more than I did in that film. The film is confident as anything and I love it.
Yeah, you're probably right. Clones and multiple dimensions would be a bit much.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1544979803361.png

Colored Version

Also you think if things go bad with out of control Izuku he might get expelled, Aizawa always uses expulsion as a threat and Shinsou got to replace someone

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If Aizawa didn't expel Deku and Co for going after Bakugo doubt this would do it either.

Cool pic tho.
Though he almost did, he said the only reason he didn't expel the whole class is because of both All Mights retirement and that everything turned out alright with their rescue plan. If Deku seriously injures a student I can see that being the straw that breaks the camel's back

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Please source that if you're gonna share it here.
Also you think if things go bad with out of control Izuku he might get expelled, Aizawa always uses expulsion as a threat and Shinsou got to replace someone
I don't think it would be fair for Deku to get punished for this, and I'm sure Aizawa wouldn't do that too. I think the only things that could happen with regards to Shinso getting into the hero course is the traitor leaves one of the classes, the worst performing students leaves, or there's going to be 21 students in one of the classes.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
What I think is more likely then being expelled is Aizawa learning the truth about OFA.
I think Aizawa (and maybe some others?) will at least begin to suspect that there's something more to Deku's quirk than an ordinary quirk.

I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of others learning about One For All, though...

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Gotta post in this thread too since I'm a big fan of MHA. Got into it about a year after it started and I haven't stopped reading weekly since. Got no idea where this reveal with Deku's quirk is going. Also Monoma is a savage, he should be glad Bakugou didn't hear him.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Hey, here's an unlikely scenario for next chapter:
The fuckery with OfA happens, but Deku manages to contain it in time to not hurt himself or Monoma. The teachers look to intervene, but deku assures them it's ok and continues the match without using his quirk.

It would be kinda anti-climatic, but it would mean that this arc reamins focused on the outcomes of these matches. If the next chapter shifts the focus away to saving deku/deku containg the power/flashback or whatever, the combat training aspect has become sidelined completely.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, here's an unlikely scenario for next chapter:
The fuckery with OfA happens, but Deku manages to contain it in time to not hurt himself or Monoma. The teachers look to intervene, but deku assures them it's ok and continues the match without using his quirk.

It would be kinda anti-climatic, but it would mean that this arc reamins focused on the outcomes of these matches. If the next chapter shifts the focus away to saving deku/deku containg the power/flashback or whatever, the combat training aspect has become sidelined completely.
On the other hand, the "whole point" of the training camp arc was the quirk training and camp shenanigans - unitl, suddenly, it was very much not. It'd be very much in keeping with series traditions to suddenly shift away from the "school" plot into the villain/OFA stuff.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Or deku faints, is captured and Ochako has to step up
Yeah, that would be good too.
I would have to assume that Shinso brainwashing Deku will pay-off in some way.

Poodlestrike
I getcha. The only problem is that such a shift may take attention away from some others things that have been built up, like Shinso's rematch against Deku and Uraraka stuff.
If the following few chapters can do both, I'll be really happy.

NSESN

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this is happening before shinso even appears indicates to me that there will be no shift, also there is already ochako's group being set up to have their own fight

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
also there is already ochako's group being set up to have their own fight

Wait. Mina and Uraraka in the same fight? 2 to 1 female to male ratio with Mineta?

So that means Mina and Uraraka get captured immediately and Mineta has to do it solo OR the fight happens off screen?! This is MHA logic I'm talking here!

image0.png

NSESN

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. Mina and Uraraka in the same fight? 2 to 1 female to male ratio with Mineta?

So that means Mina and Uraraka get captured immediately and Mineta has to do it solo OR the fight happens off screen?! This is MHA logic I'm talking here!

image0.png
I know there are times that the female characters get the worst development in a fight but in this arc had the first fight with Tsuyu as the only girl and:
Kirishima and Koda were captured really quickly
Kaminari was captured in the bait
Shinso did a lot but in 1vs1 against shishida Tsuyu had to help
Tsuyu herself defeated 2 alone and assisted in capturing the other 2.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
If the next chapter shifts the focus away to saving deku/deku containg the power/flashback or whatever, the combat training aspect has become sidelined completely.
I know this is true but I feel like a lot (not necessarily the majority) of people would prefer for things to go south since there are quite a few who have begun feeling like the arc is taking too long, or as is the case with Lotus and some others, they're unhappy with the lack of stakes here. If things go south, then we could have another training camp situation where something big/important does happen.

Personally... I'd be good with either but I guess I'm slightly leaning towards completing the exercise?

image0.png
To be fair, as NSESN pointed out, Tsuyu did a lot during their match. The other girls in this arc have been able to do a lot too, with the only standout exception (off the top of my head) being Jiro but that match is... a bit of a special case. Plus! Mineta hasn't been a pervert this entire arc. So, who knows? Horikoshi might surprise us all.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
New VIZ thingy going up right now. Looks like they also updated their reader, nice.
I need to go through their backlog and write up a list of recommendations from the ones I know, once the site has stabilized.
But for now I'll just say read Psyren. It was so good.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
download-1.png

Cute.

Viz's seems to be missing two pages of the latest chapter tho. Probably just a bug with them rolling out so many chapters at once.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice chapter. Monoma was really good here. I can now confidently say that Class B's quirks are laughably cooler than Class A's. Cool to see Gran Torino again and the reactions to Deku's quirk going haywire are well done.
(What's with shonen and black aura bersek powers? And why can't I get sick of it?!)
WE'VE BEEN IN THIS SAME DAMN, PIPE-FILLED AREA FOR ALL FIVE FIGHTS.
Yeah I wish there was more visual variety.
Hori has been adding some visual variety, but it's been mostly lost in Black and White.
Second Match: Multicoloured mushrooms everywhere.
Third Match: ice, fire and gloop.
Fourth match: glue and tape strung about.
Good point. Hopefully it looks more interesting in the (hopefully) eventual anime version.
So i was thinking, now that this arc is finishing it would be a realy good time to announce a class 1B spinoff. It could be a way to expand on the world and it could retell some things from their pov.
Please...
Class B Cover stories in 2019. Mark it down.
Found these a few days ago and forgot to share it.
Lol that first one is reminds me of my...friends' username in elementary school which was "SSJ2 Sasuke" or something.

Really love this person's art style.
Gotta post in this thread too since I'm a big fan of MHA. Got into it about a year after it started and I haven't stopped reading weekly since. Got no idea where this reveal with Deku's quirk is going. Also Monoma is a savage, he should be glad Bakugou didn't hear him.
Hey welcome here too!! Uhh...I ain't got a quiz here but...welcome!!
But for now I'll just say read Psyren. It was so good.
Hey I'm reading that! Currently 11 volumes in and loving the hell out of it. Most likely gonna end up being one of my favorite series ever by the end. Really cool characters (with so far my favorite Shonen heroine since Noelle, which is weird to say since Psyren came first but whatever lol) and great set up and story.

Oct 25, 2017
Dont really know why Monoma was the one chose to keep Midoriya occupied and to choose size as his loadout, I guess he can throw them at him or something.

Dont really get whats going on in the final page. Friday, hurry, I guess.

Monoma for best dress.

Dude with the scouter always makes me chuckle design wise, can only thing of db, especially when has that dragonball radar on his arm as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.