• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would have expected Jiro at least to get some internal focus because of the culture festival

While some focus would've obviously been appreciated, the culture festival certainly didn't raise my expectations. She barely got anything from that arc. I'm still incredibly disappointed by her "focus" there.

That said, I didn't expect the small reference to their time in the band for this match, but as others pointed out, it felt incredibly shallow.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Details from Volume 21 are coming out, and it turns out that can't-you-see-kun is 18 years old. He looks much younger in the manga.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
WOAH
Bunkitz is a mod now?!?!
Heh

Hehe

Hehehe
aHlnin5m.jpg
The makeup exam itself will be in April, if I recall correctly
NANI?!
It'll probably take us two real-world years to get there
NANIIIII?!
If Bakugo loses, it has to be a important narrative event though. Winning and emerging victorious is that integral to the way he sees himself.

If we're gonna see Bakugo just straight up lose in a 1 v 1, I'd like it to be against a villain. That or a sports festival Grand Finals against Deku.
Loss against a villain would be interesting as it would contrast with Deku always winning against them. Losing against Deku at school sounds cooler to me though because it would reshape the hierarchy among the students.
Well there's the problem. You just don't do that with anime lol

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I have pretty mixed feelings about this chapter.
On the one hand this fight being short and not taking another month is good and seeing Bakugo doing teamwork in his own angry way was nice.
But on the other hand Class B was very underwhelming in comparison and we didn't even get their Hero names, did we?

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Volume 21 extras are out, translated some bits:
  • Hagakure is the spine character.
  • Natsuo (19) likes sashimi and the sea.
  • Fuyumi (22) likes drama. I assume that refers to TV shows and the like.
  • Can't ya see-kun's (18) other name is "Tameda Hiroshi." He likes Endeavor and heroes.
  • Manga's height varies between 140 cm to 160 cm, for reasons I can't translate... but he likes drawing! <3
  • Kuroiro likes squid-ink pasta and taboos. Not too sure about the latter, but I think that's right. Sounds appropriate given his personality and whatnot.
  • Komori likes mushroom dishes, no surprises there. She apparently wants to be an "Idol Hero?" Also says she loves mushrooms. Duh.
  • Shishida is a rich kid! That explains the way he talks. He's also wearing some fancy clothes here. He admires Hound Dog. I think that's really cool.
  • Rin likes sushi and he was in China during his elementary years.
  • Tsuburaba likes ball games and tokusatsu! Especially retro stuff for the latter.
  • There are costume details for both Froppy and Dragon Shroud!
Well said in respect to Bakugo and this past match in general. It's funny, even though Tokage's team lost and I don't like her quirk at all I quite like her. She seems self assured and assertive, which is nice. I do think there should come a time where Bakugo fights someone who is just flat out better. Almost like a Goku/Vegeta situation, just because I think it'd be extremely interesting to see how he reacts to that post Deku round 2.

Kisame versus Guy was great. Those sharks man...And yeah, that'd be an excellent way to reintroduce Gentle and I hope that happens.

Also, apologies if I missed it but did you just become a moderator? Congrats! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Represent for the MHA fam brother
I really like Tokage too, from what little we can discern of her personality. She seems like a pretty chill person too, given some of her dialogue, and I think the "scheming" part is maybe explained by how she planned on exploiting Bakugo's "weakness," maybe? That, and that she was part of those who went along with Monoma's plan during the sports festival. Either ways, I like her!

I think it would be a little too soon to bring him back already, actually... but then again, that would be the end of the school year, so that's at least about 5 months, maybe? If the incident occurred in November. Well, it would be a long time for us anyway, most likely.

Aha, you're the first to notice, it seems? Unless the others did and simply don't care... And thanks! I only started this week. Hope I do my job well, lol. I'll try to make my MHA fam proud! <3
Same. The struggle is gone. With no struggle, he's the Sasuke.
Come on, that was hardly the only problem with Sasuke. Saying that's stretching it a bit much.
If Bakugo loses, it has to be a important narrative event though. Winning and emerging victorious is that integral to the way he sees himself.

If we're gonna see Bakugo just straight up lose in a 1 v 1, I'd like it to be against a villain. That or a sports festival Grand Finals against Deku.
Oh, I like this idea. Count me in for that. I really wish he could've gone against Mirio... losing against Deku in another sports festival would be interesting.
I know it seems silly but yeah it is that for me. I remember watching the episode and being mad about it. I honestly think I would've been less annoyed if Deku didn't get caught in the first place because it was stupidly avoidable.
Hmm... fair enough. I guess it was indeed unfair since Deku had "outside" help. And yeah, it really should've been avoidable. Very easily at that too.

I wonder how he'd do in the next sports festival. No support items allowed unless needed and registered like Aoyama's, so no capture device for him nor his Persona Code. He'd have to rely on martial arts and martial arts alone.
I guess I can't do my momo and Todoroki jokes anymore

Damn
Pfft, I'm not gonna be a bad mod abusing their power! D:

Plus, you can make all the jokes you want about them because there's nothing wrong with that and I know you ship them.
OT3: The Church of Momo
Bold of you to assume I won't simply rename this OT.

Which I already did, by the way. Seems like nobody really noticed. Huh.
Grazie!
Wait has it been a thing for a while?
Anyway, congrats!
Nah, just the start of this week. To be brutally honest, I thought everyone noticed and I was getting insecure cause I thought y'all started ignoring me because of it.

And thanks! <3
Bunkitz w/ the glow-up
7y8A48I.gif

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Pfft, I'm not gonna be a bad mod abusing their power! D:

Plus, you can make all the jokes you want about them because there's nothing wrong with that and I know you ship them.
This is a trap

Honestly I don't look at profile to notice lol everyone could be a mod in this thread and I would have no idea

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
She apparently wants to be an "Idol Hero?"
That's interesting. With Horse Girl Idols and Zombie Idols, the floodgates have certainly been opened for all kinds of anime idols.
Komori likes mushroom dishes, no surprises there
Yo is that...nahhhh
Which I already did, by the way. Seems like nobody really noticed. Huh.
Wait the title's different? I thought it had been that since we switched to the second OT.
To be brutally honest, I thought everyone noticed and I was getting insecure cause I thought y'all started ignoring me because of it.
Nahhhhh I wouldn't do that.
Now wonder about how I can use this new development to my advantage and have OT titles changed without bothering a mod/admin I'm not buddies with, THAT's something I'd do.
I'm kidding of course.
Well I'd do it but only for the Neverland thread for which I'm OP. Or if I can work out a deal with whoever the OP is in a thread...
yagami.jpg

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Sucks to think the neat Dabi art in the Japanese volume won't make it to VIZ' release...
Lotus makes WAY too many posts to be expected to read anybody else's.
LMAO.
I got no excuse tho. Grats!
Thank you!
I know you're joking, but in case you aren't, this seriously isn't.
Honestly I don't look at profile to notice lol everyone could be a mod in this thread and I would have no idea
Dude, there are labels below our usernames in each post.
I'm sorry... What now??
Wait the title's different? I thought it had been that since we switched to the second OT.
I got rid of "general" and added some space before and after the pipes, lol. I'll probably update it as the story progresses too. I (jokingly) considered changing it to "The BakuGOAT" or something for a short while there...
Now wonder about how I can use this new development to my advantage and have OT titles changed without bothering a mod/admin I'm not buddies with, THAT's something I'd do.
You are totally free to ask me for OT changes and the like, haha.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue is that Bakugo isn't really meant to struggle when it comes to combat skills. It's been said before but he's got a natural instinct when it comes to those things, and we've seen him again and again prove that he's leagues above his peers when it comes down to combat ability. Even if Shoto were to use his flames on him, Bakugo could indefinitely stay in the air with his explosions and the heat would only make him sweat more, allowing for more powerful explosions. Consider Shoto's lack of experience with his flames too and I've little doubt Bakugo would have the match even if Shoto went all out. Then again, he could just do that rapid temperature compression thing to blast Bakugo away...

Still, I get what NSESN is saying about how unsatisfying and disappointing it is to see the character no longer struggle after Deku vs. Kacchan 2. I understand why that would be disappointing for others, but I guess I'm just looking at it in a more positive (and almost definitely at least slightly biased) way. Since the aforementioned fight, Bakugo has shown up three times: the remedial lessons arc, the cultural festival, and now the joint training exercise arc. I do not see the point in having him struggle in any of those. We saw him show some interpersonal growth in the first, some very subtle one with the second, and now his combat ability with the third. To me, Bakugo struggling in combat would have been uncharacteristic of him. Even against Shoto, he did very well and easily beat him. He could keep up against the League of Villains trying to recapture him during the Kamino incident, and even then he was just playing keep away and barely fighting back. What we needed to see was for him to show growth in terms of teamwork, and stifling that after all this time having his team make mistakes would have been a little disappointing for me. It would have felt like: Let's progress this character and develop him BUT wait let's also still hold him back and show that he still can't properly work with others.
That is why I think that was good opportunity for him to struggle, because it was more about teamwork than combat
Set 4 was a gimme. Not sure Horokoshi has anything to really say about Bakugo at the moment, and it's clear that his team members were chosen for the same reason, as they also lacked the insightful moments of the previous sets. So I think that was intentional, but it's disappointing. There was some forward movement, but it wasn't a big one.
You would've expected at least any split focus, given the previous sets.
I agree
Eh. Would've been nice, but you could say the same about a lot of characters(cough* Uraraka *cough)
Ochako didn't fight yet tho
While some focus would've obviously been appreciated, the culture festival certainly didn't raise my expectations. She barely got anything from that arc. I'm still incredibly disappointed by her "focus" there.
She was the main character of the slice of life part of the arc, it wasn't barely anything. I like that it instead focused on how she can use other talent to become a better. It also gave us insight why she wanted to bea hero in the first place.
Also the panel with her singing is one of the most beautiful ones in the whole manga

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, there are labels below our usernames in each post.
Tbh your "Original Poster" mark is overshadowing the label, haha. And personally I recognize people by avatar first and username second and don't really look at the labels actively (since they're almost always just Member anyway and usually don't change, so why read them everytime :P).
Congrats to mod-dom though!
I'm sorry... What now??
Umamusume: Pretty Derby, I think.
I haven't watched it myself, but it's supposedly good.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry... What now??
Uma Musume. They also do track and field I think. It's supposed to be good.

I haven't seen it though. But the zombie one, Zombieland Saga is the first idol show I've see and I'm finding it excellent.
I got rid of "general" and added some space before and after the pipes, lol. I'll probably update it as the story progresses too. I (jokingly) considered changing it to "The BakuGOAT" or something for a short while there...
Ohhhhh. I swear the "General" never stuck out to me so I didn't notice lol.
Lotus is probably happy though. And for now we don't need anything special since there's no active anime thread.
You're like the 3rd or 4th person from threads I frequent to make mod/admin lol.
Bunkitz became a mod.
B Dubs from the One Piece thread became an admin
Toon Link/Mist from EZA thread became a mod and then an admin.
Where I have eyes, people get power!
Except me...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lotus is probably happy though. And for now we don't need anything special since there's no active anime thread.

WAIT WHAT?!

*checks OT title

BLESS YOU, best mod ever~

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Any more suggestions for the cover photo since 2.0 is dropping soon? I didn't have time to come up with any... Tace suggested Can't Ya See-kun, I think...?
Shishida reminds me of klaus from blood blockage battlefront
Right?? Now that I've seen him in his spiffy pinstripe, I can't not see the resemblance.
Also, nice going on mod! You're like the 3rd or 4th person from threads I frequent to make mod/admin lol.
Thanks, bud! This is pretty much the only thread I really frequent, so I can't say I've ever seen someone else become a mod, lol.
That is why I think that was good opportunity for him to struggle, because it was more about teamwork than combat
I suppose I wouldn't have minded if their teamwork wasn't perfect and had a few hitches here and there but still ultimately led to them crushing Tokage's team... Oh well. Shame.
Tbh your "Original Poster" mark is overshadowing the label, haha. And personally I recognize people by avatar first and username second and don't really look at the labels actively (since they're almost always just Member anyway and usually don't change, so why read them everytime :P).
Congrats to mod-dom though!
Ahh... All fair points, haha. And thanks!
Umamusume: Pretty Derby, I think.
I haven't watched it myself, but it's supposedly good.
Uma Musume. They also do track and field I think. It's supposed to be good.
... Well, I would never have suspected a bunny girl anime to be any good, so... I'll believe it.
I haven't seen it though. But the zombie one, Zombieland Saga is the first idol show I've see and I'm finding it excellent.
I plan on watching that! It'll be my first idol show too, lol.
Yup, he was the one I remembered complaining about it, haha. Someone else did too... caliph, I think.
Thank you too, JoJo-reference-I-cannot-get-yet-cause-I'm-still-only-a-third-of-the-way-through-Part-4!
BLESS YOU, best mod ever~
7y8A48I.gif

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
bunkitz I'm sorry to take advantage of this so quickly (I swear I planned on doing before I learned you were a mod because of recent events in the series and even edited the OT the other day) but can you change the OT title of the Promised Neverland OT from "A.N.T. Farm" to "Minerva's Den"?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-promised-neverland-ot-a-n-t-farm.26209/

Any more suggestions for the cover photo since 2.0 is dropping soon?
Cw5B3p2l.png

HQ Version

I got your cover right here! Can just white out the chapter name and it's good.
(Might be other stuff but this came to mind first lol)
Foresight quirk is lacking
Sounds fitting then.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
My problem with the last chapter is mostly that it was all about Bakugo and while i find him interesting, i don't find him interesting enough to carry this entire thing by himself from a storytelling standpoint and not be disappointed that the others didn't get much focus

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Yay. Managed to grab Volume 16 (and also Volume 7 of The Promised Neverland) while out and about Christmas shopping today. :)

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Nah, just the start of this week. To be brutally honest, I thought everyone noticed and I was getting insecure cause I thought y'all started ignoring me because of it.

Never, dude. Apparently we just suck at noticing things lol. The only reason I asked is because I was getting ready to reply to one of your posts and I was like..."Huh? Moderator? When did that happen? Oh snap one of us hit big time!" There might have been some incoherent rambling, but that was the gist of it.

You are totally free to ask me for OT changes and the like, haha.
Ah, I would've loved that. I say try to keep the titles as topical as possible, but silly/funniness factor is very important to me. Very. Important.
Ochako didn't fight yet tho
Oh I know, I was just using her as an example of characters who should get more focus than they do.
Bunkitz became a mod.
B Dubs from the One Piece thread became an admin
Toon Link/Mist from EZA thread became a mod and then an admin.
Where I have eyes, people get power!
Except me...
The Sharingan! Being a mod seems like it would be stressful. We need more straight shooters like Bunkitz and less...well, like me and a bunch of other degenerates lol. You'd probably be a good mod.
Any more suggestions for the cover photo since 2.0 is dropping soon? I didn't have time to come up with any... Tace suggested Can't Ya See-kun, I think...?
2.0 is almost here. The future. Untapped potential, new frontiers!

Can't ya see Kun def should be in it somewhere, but go crazy man. I'm sure you'll find something neat to use as cover, or someone will have a cool suggestion

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She was the main character of the slice of life part of the arc, it wasn't barely anything. I like that it instead focused on how she can use other talent to become a better. It also gave us insight why she wanted to bea hero in the first place.
Also the panel with her singing is one of the most beautiful ones in the whole manga

It was indeed barely anything. We'll have to agree to disagree, as this wouldn't be a new discussion.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Eugh. Cover photo is troublesome. Variable width makes it a pain and even when I'm using the actual given height (91px if you inspect element) I can't seem to get it right... Whatever, this'll have to do. I'll go make a collage or something next time.
@bunkitz I'm sorry to take advantage of this so quickly (I swear I planned on doing before I learned you were a mod because of recent events in the series and even edited the OT the other day) but can you change the OT title of the Promised Neverland OT from "A.N.T. Farm" to "Minerva's Den"?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-promised-neverland-ot-a-n-t-farm.26209/
Don't know if you noticed but I changed it before going to bed (I think that was right when you posted this) last night, haha. Enjoy!
Cw5B3p2l.png

HQ Version

I got your cover right here! Can just white out the chapter name and it's good.
(Might be other stuff but this came to mind first lol)
Tried this... Problematic due to the varying heights. Iida's eyes usually can't be seen, nor Uraraka's mouth and Tsuyu's face. I could just edit them all to match heights... but I kinda don't like that, haha. Considering it, though!
Yay. Managed to grab Volume 16 (and also Volume 7 of The Promised Neverland) while out and about Christmas shopping today. :)
It's already out? Damn! Been buying a lot of manga lately already, but I'm definitely gonna have to grab that. One of my favorite covers. Ordered volumes 12, 14, and 15 from Book Depository. First time buying anything there. Hope they arrive without any damages whatsoever.
Never, dude. Apparently we just suck at noticing things lol. The only reason I asked is because I was getting ready to reply to one of your posts and I was like..."Huh? Moderator? When did that happen? Oh snap one of us hit big time!" There might have been some incoherent rambling, but that was the gist of it.
pXlupTcl.png

(oh hey, I think we can upload directly now? at least on desktop)
Ah, I would've loved that. I say try to keep the titles as topical as possible, but silly/funniness factor is very important to me. Very. Important.
Noted! Tsk, guess I should've done it while I could! It wouldn't be the same anymore if I did it now. Then again... the chapter only officially released today. HMM.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You'd probably be a good mod.
Lol nahhh. I'm only really active in this small manga sphere of the site
Don't know if you noticed but I changed it before going to bed (I think that was right when you posted this) last night, haha. Enjoy!
I did! Thank you very much
Tried this... Problematic due to the varying heights. Iida's eyes usually can't be seen, nor Uraraka's mouth and Tsuyu's face. I could just edit them all to match heights... but I kinda don't like that, haha. Considering it, though!
All good. I didn't really have an idea of how the covers would work lol
It's already out? Damn!
No, it's out when I declare it to be out tomorrow damn it!! Look out!
(But yeah bookstores don't give a shit lol cause I often see posts with people saying they got volumes in the weekend prior to release. Makes me envious since I buy digital)

And yeah it's one of my favorite covers as well! I think with this one is when MHA gets back on track and just keeps lining up dope covers.

My actual favorite cover though would probably be Vol. 12
1421597012.jpg

Probably one of my all time favorite manga covers. Love Deku's poses, the various facial expressions, the coloring on the background characters as well the pleasant blue color. And also I'm just a sucker for volume covers that show many characters in their own space like this. (Kinda like this old One Piece cover and this relatively recent one which are also probably my two favorites for that series right now)

Oct 25, 2017
Great poll results, Kirishima making it higher was nice, though the intense separation between him and Baku suggest TodoBaks and MidoBaks reigns supreme.

Chapter was great, Awase really did well and loved how it was used.

Great KiriKami
DthFFfAX4AAitRf.jpg

KiriKamiBakuMono is the new OT4.

DthCja2XQAEOGVl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.